Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201216_211748.jpg

Y'know, i see this picture and i wonder: what's the point of dev levels? Like, i get the basic points, but it just feels like they could have done alot more with them to make leveling them alot more impactful.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Y'know, i see this picture and i wonder: what's the point of dev levels? Like, i get the basic points, but it just feels like they could have done alot more with them to make leveling them alot more impactful.

Bonuses to the entire affected region, visual development of the location? Something closer to Colony 6?

It would've been nice, but visual additions to the cities would've been a bit heavy on new graphics, and not exactly worth the investment. That, and unlike Colony 6, every place you can develop is intact, not one big and empty ruin. 

NLA had an aspect of developing the world, though you didn't affect visual change to the world very much outside of the Lake Biahno water plant. And it's as much expanding onto a new untamed planet as it is redevelopment.

If they wanted to put the idea of building the world on the center stage of a Xeno game, I'd think they could do a lot with it in a Xenogears Episode 3.5 game (obviously not the real thing, a spiritual successor). Not Episode 3, which ends in global demise, but not Episode 4 either. It's after Episode 3 plummeted humanity to near-extinction, wherein life sucks, but before the time of Episode 4 when civilization is back to normal again. It's the how you get from 3 to 4, you actively bring that about gathering the materials to turn those polluted wastelands into fertile farms and those rusted ruins into lively cities again. Oh, and because you need narrative, it could be about how you struggle to undo the tribalism that arises with the collapse of civilization and restore a greater polity closer to the kind had before the collapse. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Christmas at the Church of Raze.

"Look at all those wonderful garbage bags! They're the latest fashion cRaze!"

Disaad part is that those paRazites would probably hate the festive season.... and if they didn't Urbanus would decide he needs to Owen their will.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Disaad part is that those paRazites would probably hate the festive season.... and if they didn't Urbanus would decide he needs to Owen their will.

Your puns are quite Reeseble, and mine can scarcely compare. This quite upsets me - if this continues, I may end up jumping off a Clifford, Fayetally wounding myself! Ah, but I apologize. I'm making a Czene.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bonuses to the entire affected region, visual development of the location? Something closer to Colony 6?

It would've been nice, but visual additions to the cities would've been a bit heavy on new graphics, and not exactly worth the investment. That, and unlike Colony 6, every place you can develop is intact, not one big and empty ruin. 

NLA had an aspect of developing the world, though you didn't affect visual change to the world very much outside of the Lake Biahno water plant. And it's as much expanding onto a new untamed planet as it is redevelopment.

If they wanted to put the idea of building the world on the center stage of a Xeno game, I'd think they could do a lot with it in a Xenogears Episode 3.5 game (obviously not the real thing, a spiritual successor). Not Episode 3, which ends in global demise, but not Episode 4 either. It's after Episode 3 plummeted humanity to near-extinction, wherein life sucks, but before the time of Episode 4 when civilization is back to normal again. It's the how you get from 3 to 4, you actively bring that about gathering the materials to turn those polluted wastelands into fertile farms and those rusted ruins into lively cities again. Oh, and because you need narrative, it could be about how you struggle to undo the tribalism that arises with the collapse of civilization and restore a greater polity closer to the kind had before the collapse. 

It doesn't have to be that complex, but a little extra would be nice at least. Besides a simple reduction in prices and unlocking some merc missions.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I've been awake all night trying to work on a school project and this is the state of my mind right now:

RIP

54 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

12-0f5ad7bcd9d90fbc7599a7e9e74faf32847be

Caption this

When someone walks in in the middle of the DND campaign

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

...How do people function without sleeping?

They don’t.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

When Shouzou Kaga returns to IntSys.

478936605462102017.png?v=1

I wouldnt mind this, I prefer those games compared to FE14 and up anyways. The series is headed in the wrong direction, imo. Awakening was the last "good" FE to me. Echoes doesnt count since it was one of his games anyways.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Higher dev levels means more access to Deeds, which means more bonuses. Also things cost cheaper while the salvage exchange offers more money.

Basically, the point of dev points is that the economy is shit and it's up to you to fix it.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

When Shouzou Kaga returns to IntSys.

478936605462102017.png?v=1

IMG_20200803_165832.jpg

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Higher dev levels means more access to Deeds, which means more bonuses. Also things cost cheaper while the salvage exchange offers more money.

Basically, the point of dev points is that the economy is shit and it's up to you to fix it.

Well I know that, but I just think that it could have done more. Like more events and whatnot.

18 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Romantic DND campaign?

Sure! I had trouble deciphering the picture tbh.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

THE MAGDRED AMBUSH WAS A MISTAKE THE MAGDRED AMBUSH WAS A MISTAKE THE MAGDRED AMBUSH WAS A MISTAKE

The fog of war map?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The fog of war map?

Yep. Really mean when there's archers you can't see who come packing poison strike alongside somewhat powerful attacks.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fun though

It'd be sorta fine if enemies were blind too. Problem is, they aren't, so when they attack, they'll intentionally go where you cannot see them and therefore have to waste a turn going next to them so that you can attack.

FoW is pretty bad in general, though.

Also, seal speed is a lifesaver.

Edited by Benice