Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

wasn’t trying to start a discussion or anything, I just imagined something that I thought was rather amusing.

If that’s what you meant, anyway...

No, I mean that your joke (which was a fine one) somehow provoked a harsh response despite it being just that - a joke. From there the same old discussion of subjectivity vs objective fact happened.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

None of the torrenting sites have the season finale of The Mandalorian S2 and The Pirate Bay is down, so I'm currently avoiding Twitter and YouTube like the plauge.

you're appearently a communist if you like Edelgard

That's the most amazing thing I've read all day. Thanks, Internet. Never change.

Ngl, Three Houses' fanbase is pretty cringe. Dimitri gets treated as an UwU anime boy despite his redemption coming out of nowhere, the Golden Deer get treated as the objective best characters even though people only seem to care about Claude and the girls, you're appearently a communist if you like Edelgard and I've convinced myself people only like Rhea because of her ass because that's all I see when people talk about her.

This has probably died down a bit and I know I'm generalizing but the Three Houses fanbase leans into cringe anime fanbases imo.

I'm not sure if I would call this "Three Houses's fanbase" as much as "the FE subreddit." This type of behavior is what I see all the time whenever I take a stroll through there. Add to that the fact that the only thing to be found there is horny fanart 99% of the time, and well... The place's a shithole, honestly. I'm not saying everyone there is awful, or that it's awful all the time, but it's more common than I'd like.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know much about the fan base but I would still agree with all of that, the only exception being where you say people only care about Claude and the girls because there is a huge difference in the amount of Hilda/Marianne/Lysithea love I see than the Leonie love.

Leonie is the bad female because she is not girly enough for the otakus talks about Jeralt too much.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not sure if I would call this "Three Houses's fanbase" as much as "the FE subreddit." This type of behavior is what I see all the time whenever I take a stroll through there. Add to that the fact that the only thing to be found there is horny fanart 99% of the time, and well... The place's a shithole, honestly. I'm not saying everyone there is awful, or that it's awful all the time, but it's more common than I'd like.

Such is the way of reddit.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel like there needs to be a division of the fanart from everything else just because of the volume.

I'm not even mad at these people, but it makes looking for discussion harder than it has to be when trying to search for anything more recent gets you swamped with art..

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I automatically go to search by new every time I check that sub, it's a bit better than default, but 90% of it is still fanart, and 95% of said fanart is horny. Hell, a few weeks ago, someone (probably a trollposter from SPE or sth) commented on Samuria's BWS Ranked video saying that "there should be a discussion subreddit for this stuff because it's getting in the way of my fanart." Whether or not the person was just trolling, it's pretty emblematic of how bad that sub can get. At least the monthly threads are fun, and there's the occasional fanart that's cool or uncommon, such as the guy who does Dawn Brigade fanart (Not just Micaiah) every now and then. 

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Perhaps I'm just a bit tired of seeing people get spoken to harshly when there's no reason for it to occur, especially when it's in the name of discussion in the first place.

But if I offended you, then I'm sorry for that.

The same sentiment to you. I’m honestly just tired of people making the same tired-ass arguments about fates like I’m fine criticizing the game. Hell I have my own problems with it but when I hear the same old arguments over and over again that which I’ve already sort of argued my case against then it’s just a little tiring. Cause like I’ve heard the whole “these characters are one note” so often and it drives me insane because they’re just using buzz words that don’t mean anything like @Armagon said. Like I just hate it when people disrespect the art or artist and make sweeping generalizations without trying to understand what the story itself was trying to accomplish.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Three minute version of Supernova? Hahahahaha!

Would've been amusing if they had just used the original "10 seconds long big explosion" version, from the non-International edition of Japanese VII. A good call back to the fact Supernova wasn't the long animation added for the overseas versions of VII.

Oh god it's awful, and even moreso when he decides to use it multiple times in sucsession!

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Hey all I’m saying is that one note actually does have a concrete definition that some people don’t seem to quite understand 

I think theres a better way to say that.

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

The same sentiment to you. I’m honestly just tired of people making the same tired-ass arguments about subjectivity vs objectivity. I hear the same old arguments over and over again that which people have already argued, to the same users, over and over, then it’s just a little tiring. Cause like any sort of opinion, intended to be criticism or not sparks it often and it drives me insane because no one’s opinion has changed and since both sides are usually the same users, they won’t change, and it’s basically at the agree to disagree point but people keep going at it.

Just now, Benice said:

Yay! I actually slept! How are you guys doing?

Yay!!

Perfectly fine! And I can tell you’re doing good.

Just now, Benice said:

ALSO NOOOOOOO WE'RE WATCHING THE 90'S ROMEO AND JULIET IN CLASS

WHY

Any version of Romeo and Juliet should elicit such a response from what I’ve heard...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Yay! I actually slept! How are you guys doing?

Ey, that's good. Doing well enough, I guess. You?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

WHY

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, Who is already sick and pale with grief."

Just now, Sooks said:

Any version of Romeo and Juliet should elicit such a response from what I’ve heard...

The 60's version kicks total butt!

The 90's version... OOOOOOOOF

I actually like Romeo and Juliet, though. Jst notthe 90'sone,

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, Who is already sick and pale with grief."

"You are a saucy boy!"

Everyone' favorite Romeo and Juliet quote.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

the only exception being where you say people only care about Claude and the girls because there is a huge difference in the amount of Hilda/Marianne/Lysithea love I see than the Leonie love.

True, Leonie doesn't existe in some people's minds lmao.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also Dimitri’s redemption coming out of nowhere but it’s okay

It's just a jarring 180 turn imo.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the most amazing thing I've read all day. Thanks, Internet. Never change.

The first few weeks of Three Houses was the most insufferable part. Edelgard stans and Dimitri stans having their own WW3 arguing which of the two mass murderers wasn't a mass murderer.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not sure if I would call this "Three Houses's fanbase" as much as "the FE subreddit."

Well I was going on by what I saw on Twitter and to an extent, this site. I haven't gone into FE's subreddit too much but I understand where you're coming from. Xenoblade's subreddit is similarly terrible although thankfully, most of the cringe is just confined to there. At least from what I've seen.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

WHY

Wait is it the one where it takes place in modern times but they still speak in Ye Olde English?

Just now, Armagon said:

Unironically the best version of the story.

NGL the best part of the 90's adaption is the kid who signs a Prince song. (I can't remember which one it is...)

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Such is the way of reddit.

That's probably true. But there's so many games and other pieces of media for which the respective subreddit is the only active community...

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I feel like there needs to be a division of the fanart from everything else just because of the volume.

I'm not even mad at these people, but it makes looking for discussion harder than it has to be when trying to search for anything more recent gets you swamped with art..

Yeah, exactly. A division would be nice.

29 minutes ago, Spara said:

I automatically go to search by new every time I check that sub, it's a bit better than default, but 90% of it is still fanart, and 95% of said fanart is horny. Hell, a few weeks ago, someone (probably a trollposter from SPE or sth) commented on Samuria's BWS Ranked video saying that "there should be a discussion subreddit for this stuff because it's getting in the way of my fanart." Whether or not the person was just trolling, it's pretty emblematic of how bad that sub can get. At least the monthly threads are fun, and there's the occasional fanart that's cool or uncommon, such as the guy who does Dawn Brigade fanart (Not just Micaiah) every now and then. 

That sounds like a joke indeed, but I mean, it speaks the truth. Sometimes you find cool stuff, but you have to wade through so much fanart. Fanart which isn't even bad most of the time, mind, but there's so much of it and it clogs the sub. Though, at this point, I'd blame Reddit itself more than anyone. Reddit's interface is bollocks. You could put all that fanart here and it wouldn't be nearly as intrusive.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The first few weeks of Three Houses was the most insufferable part. Edelgard stans and Dimitri stans having their own WW3 arguing which of the two mass murderers wasn't a mass murderer.

Ah, yes. I heard tales of that, though I took care to stay away from the fights. Though, I must admit, Three Houses fans parading the game around as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ played a part in my distaste for it. It annoyed me to see it revered so, while I, on the other hand, kept on noticing more and more glaring flaws that kept me from enjoying it as much as I'd like. I guess you could call me a contrarian for that.

Of course, I myself had high expectations for the game. That was another part of my disappointment. Lesson learned for next time, I suppose.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Real mature but honest to god if someone even remotely suggests that Naruto contradicted its theme of hard work I’m going to want to break their kneecaps. That is not a matter of agreeing to disagree. That is just straight up wrong.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Though, I must admit, Three Houses fans parading the game around as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ played a part in my distaste for it. It annoyed me to see it revered so, while I, on the other hand, kept on noticing more and more glaring flaws that kept me from enjoying it as much as I'd like. I guess you could call me a contrarian for that.

Of course, I myself had high expectations for the game. That was another part of my disappointment. Lesson learned for next time, I suppose.

This is definitely me as well; my expectations being super high and everything falling short made me dislike it both in story and ganeplay.

I still maintain that Gambits badly need to be changed in their next iteration if they have them again, though.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Good:

It is.

I played Mercutio when my class went over Romeo and Juliet, which turned out to be a role I was born to play. Unfortunately I went on vacation so I couldn't perform his death scene.

I also played the titular character of Julius Caesar, and was mildly disappointed when it turned out he wasn't the main character.