Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't understand how anyone could sit through 1-2 hours of Three Houses fishing without dying of boredom overdose.

Watching a playthrough of Yakuza 7 in the background helped. I basically just pressed A randomly.

Speaking of which, if TH had to have a hub world, they could have at least made the minigames good... Watching Yakuza 7 makes me wish that they had karaoke in Garreg Mach.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

And it also means no fast forward (unless RD introduced skip enemy phase).

Nope, that was FE11. And as a warning, RD hides a TON of stuff behind second playthroughs, (turning off battle animations, a new playable, etc.) and keeps a lot of story stuff behind FE7-tier conditions, and sometimes it does both, such as with a certain playable and the backstory of a whole bunch of units.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

2 lines of dialogue,

While I agree with the basic sentiment, I will say that, to me, 2 lines of good dialogue are better than 200 lines of dialogue that makes me despise the very fact the character that says those 200 lines exists. I can at least look at a character and say "hey, this guy had good lines! All 2 of them!", which is a lot better than looking at a character you know has a lot of lines and going "Ugh, stop talking. Just shut up and die."

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Marth, Shiida, and Jagen are all great characters. What do you mean you don't find them interesting?! That is unacceptable! /s

You say that with sarcasm, but I'll take those three over quite an alarming number of characters from the newer Fire Emblem games. I'll spare you who exactly I'm referring to, because a) we'd be here a while and b) I'd rather forget those characters exist, so I'll leave with this general statement: A character can have a squillion lines and still make the prospect of staring at a completely blank wall for 5 hours look more entertaining by comparison.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You say that with sarcasm, but I'll take those three over quite an alarming number of characters from the newer Fire Emblem games. I'll spare you who exactly I'm referring to, because a) we'd be here a while and b) I'd rather forget those characters exist, so I'll leave with this general statement: A character can have a squillion lines and still make the prospect of staring at a completely blank wall for 5 hours look more entertaining by comparison.

Very true.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nope, that was FE11. And as a warning, RD hides a TON of stuff behind second playthroughs, (turning off battle animations, a new playable, etc.) and keeps a lot of story stuff behind FE7-tier conditions, and sometimes it does both, such as with a certain playable and the backstory of a whole bunch of units.

DmgGXERUYAAuRbp.jpeg

I knew about RD's forced NG+ but I thought it was just for story. Didn't think it would be that bad.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Actually, that's not true. You can turn off battle animations in the base game. That's something you can do straight away.

I hope so, because that is much needed QoL.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I knew about RD's forced NG+ but I thought it was just for story. Didn't think it would be that bad.

RD has three options for animations: full, map, and no animations. With no animations at all, you're shown HP bars, damage taken/dealt, any skill activations, and hits and misses, but the units move absolutely not at all. That is what's exclusive to 2nd playthroughs. Map animations wherein you aren't transitioned to zoomed-in view, but still get simpler stabs, slashes, and spells, is selectable prior to a 2nd playthrough.

-I think. It's been years since I played RD.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I hope so, because that is much needed QoL.

There is a second variation of turning off animations where the models on the map don't move at all, from what I understand. That's NG+.
But you can still turn them off and the units just do a quick animation on the map like in 3H or other games from a blank file.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

RD has three options for animations: full, map, and no animations. With no animations at all, you're shown HP bars, damage taken/dealt, any skill activations, and hits and misses, but the units move absolutely not at all. That is what's exclusive to 2nd playthroughs. Map animations wherein you aren't transitioned to zoomed-in view, but still get simpler stabs, slashes, and spells, is selectable prior to a 2nd playthrough.

-I think. It's been years since I played RD.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

There is a second variation of turning off animations where the models on the map don't move at all, from what I understand. That's NG+.
But you can still turn them off and the units just do a quick animation on the map like in 3H or other games from a blank file.

Ah, ok. That makes sense then.

I did it. I found a Way of Life that suits Jagen perfectly:
xoYYXuu.jpg

Also, for Claude and Dimitri, we have...
EneM7Vk.jpgfU0Abnm.jpg
Assuming post-ending Dimitri here.

Only Edelgard gave me a little trouble...
4K4RG6L.jpgJDNzw5V.jpg

Ultimately, I decided on neither. Just wanted to meme a little.

Also, yes, I could have given Claude the Unparalleled Strategist title, because that's what the game presents him as, but... frankly, he doesn't deserve that reputation. "Hey, I have this big secret plan!" "What's the plan?" "Reinforcements I tell nobody about!" *slow clap*
Yes, Claude, very smart. Sun Tzu would be proud.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, yes, I could have given Claude the Unparalleled Strategist title, because that's what the game presents him as, but... frankly, he doesn't deserve that reputation. "Hey, I have this big secret plan!" "What's the plan?" "Reinforcements I tell nobody about!" *slow clap*

Or better yet, Claude's master plan in Azure Moon.

"Claude, we're getting our asses kicked."

"Don't worry NPC woman that nobody cares about, I have a plan."

"Oh yeah? What's the plan, then?"

"I'm going to pray to dear Goddess that Teach magically repairs Dimitri's mind instantly, so they can come and save our asses before we are completely overrun. Oh, and I'm also going to pray that he's not rightfully angry that I ordered my forces to attack his troops at Gronder because Edelgard made the battlefield really chaotic or something."

"...So there's no plan, we're just hoping--"

"IT'S A PLAN IF I SAY IT'S A PLAN"

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

788951142457278495.png?v=1

Those look really neat.

Pffft... What even...?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Tales of Vesperia:

Spiral Draco is the worst extra boss I've every fought against. So many targets, and you have to kill them all to hit the main one, which only has a few hundred thousand HP. And the kicker? You get a few hits before he revives all the other parts, and it starts all over... again!

This was stupid and I'm glad I finally beat it.

Another kicker? If you use too many Mystic Artes, he drains all of your OVL and steals all of your OVL gauge as well! Its... dumb.

I’m having motivation problems... ☹️

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

Watching a playthrough of Yakuza 7 in the background helped. I basically just pressed A randomly.

Speaking of which, if TH had to have a hub world, they could have at least made the minigames good... Watching Yakuza 7 makes me wish that they had karaoke in Garreg Mach.

You’ve seemed to have an interest in the Yakuza series lately, one that I know nothing about, except for that the name makes it sound rather violent. Any plans to pick one up?

49 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

While I agree with the basic sentiment, I will say that, to me, 2 lines of good dialogue are better than 200 lines of dialogue that makes me despise the very fact the character that says those 200 lines exists. I can at least look at a character and say "hey, this guy had good lines! All 2 of them!", which is a lot better than looking at a character you know has a lot of lines and going "Ugh, stop talking. Just shut up and die."

I agree with this but I meant what I said quite literally, and I don’t think it’s really possible for a character to be good with literally two lines of dialogue unless A), they’re given a lot of screen time showing emotion and taking action or B) you’re very generous with your placement of commas and coordinating conjunctions and stuff 50 lines of dialogue worth of content into 2 lines. Other than that yeah, you’re right. We all think of certain Fire Emblem characters, after all.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Only Edelgard gave me a little trouble...
4K4RG6L.jpgJDNzw5V.jpg

Ultimately, I decided on neither. Just wanted to meme a little.

Is there no like misguided tyrant option? Hmm...

I’d look them up but I forgot which game this is. Oops.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I'm going to pray to dear Goddess that Teach magically repairs Dimitri's mind instantly, so they can come and save our asses before we are completely overrun. Oh, and I'm also going to pray that he's not rightfully angry that I ordered my forces to attack his troops at Gronder because Edelgard made the battlefield really chaotic or something."

You guys have nothing on Claude’s master plan in CF.

”We’re gonna fight and try to win.”

”Okay..?”

”With Almyran reinforcements.”

”Hm, okay.”

”And if we lose, I’m going to give Edelgard the alliance and dip to Almyra, never to be seen again, assuming she spares me.”

Why do people spend time praising this...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You guys have nothing on Claude’s master plan in CF.

”We’re gonna fight and try to win.”

”Okay..?”

”With Almyran reinforcements.”

”Hm, okay.”

”And if we lose, I’m going to give Edelgard the alliance and dip to Almyra, never to be seen again, assuming she spares me.”

He well and truly is the Fire Emblem version of Zhuge Liang.
Rather gifted as a politician (you kinda have to be to keep the outward appearance of a united alliance even when it isn't), but horribly overpraised as a strategist on the battlefield (the historical Zhuge Liang actually pretty much sucked at battle tactics, yet pop culture portrays him as this unmatched genius).

Don't get me wrong, I support his ideals, but I can't honestly say Claude's "strategies" are all that smart.
Unless everyone in Fodlan is an idiot who has no clue about basic warfare.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Why do people spend time praising this...

Yet you have it as your favorite FE. xD

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I agree with this but I meant what I said quite literally, and I don’t think it’s really possible for a character to be good with literally two lines of dialogue unless A), they’re given a lot of screen time showing emotion and taking action or B) you’re very generous with your placement of commas and coordinating conjunctions and stuff 50 lines of dialogue worth of content into 2 lines.

I don't disagree.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Is there no like misguided tyrant option? Hmm...

There is one that comes somewhat close to that (even if the name wouldn't suggest as much), but I don't have it yet. It's kinda hard to get, since there is a bunch of RNG involved.

I would like to give a shout-out to Cain for soloing half of chapter 3. He’s really good.

...or enemy fighters are really weak. I like to think it’s the former.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yet you have it as your favorite FE. xD

And the Golden Deer are easily my least favorite house 😉

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There is one that comes somewhat close to that (even if the name wouldn't suggest as much), but I don't have it yet. It's kinda hard to get, since there is a bunch of RNG involved.

Maybe the RNG will be in your favor if you play as Edelgard.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So let me get this straight....

You people were expecting Claude to be the 2nd coming of robin when it comes to tactics or something? Because the game never sold him off as such

I saw quite a bit of dialogue about him being the master tactician on every route except his own.

Edit: Actually, I think it was on his route too, he just wasn’t really hyped up.

Edited by Sooks