Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Star Fox might be related to the technical details in the code for that game.

Possibly. Maybe I had a bad ROM. Who knows, who cares.

And good luck dealing with it, Fates might have a decent game system, but execution is certainly something I'd argue about.

Apparently I got myself a bundled version with all three games, plus the DLCs. So I've plenty of Fates to go around, if I want.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's the necklace of Azura's pendant. At the end of the intro video, her pedant breaks off, and some of the pieces of the necklace did as well. So they're the broken pieces also falling with the pendant. Since the necklace is a chain of interconnected... whatever those tube-like things would be called.

Azura has a pendant made of bullet casings? Wow. Surprisingly metal. Ideal waifu right there.

Just now, Sooks said:

This is a fantastic idea. Thought of a name yet? DS Emblem’s Graphics sounds like a fitting name.

DSFE looks better than this hot mess.

Okay though, now I'm legit hyped to start with this game just so I can share my shitty-ass Corrin design with you guys. I don't think it'll be tonight, but definitely tomorrow.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I chose to look into the context.

Do not be as foolish as I, partake not of knowledge that should be left forgotten.

But cannibalism that involves eating the dead meat of a human in order to gain said dead person’s memories is definitely out there.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Apparently I got myself a bundled version with all three games, plus the DLCs. So I've plenty of Fates to go around, if I want.

And unlike me you paid 0.00 I assume.

If you go for Birthright, just ignore the guy with the OP sword unless you want to be done.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But cannibalism that involves eating the dead meat of a human in order to gain said dead person’s memories is definitely out there.

YOU FOOL! I WAS WARNING THEM AND YOU CHOOSE TO PASS ON SUCH THINGS!

If you go for Birthright, just ignore the guy with the OP sword unless you want to be done.

Aka when you get to the late game chapters.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hey now, how dare you accuse me of piracy! I have my honor, you know! I am no thief...

Look, a distraction!

Runs for the hills

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio Ayy enjoy! you starting on hard or normal?

Who do you think I am? Lun-- Okay no, even I am not insane enough. But definitely hard for this first run.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Look, a distraction!

Runs for the hills

But I wasn't even trying to attack you.

Pretty sure I was calling myself an idiot there.

*sigh

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who do you think I am? Lun-- Okay no, even I am not insane enough. But definitely hard for this first run.

Ayy! Hard is fair enough for first try then be like me on my first run and reduce to normal first map after the route split haha

Just make sure to understand the mechanics of the game well, Fates is quite a different game from any other FE! The most different FE (except if we include Berwick because that's a different beast haha)

And don't be afraid to ask questions!

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayy! Hard is fair enough for first try then be like me on my first run and reduce to normal first map after the route split haha

Why did you even start on hard with a game series you aren’t familiar with?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

^^^^^^

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Why did you even start on hard with a game series you aren’t familiar with?

Because my experience with other series at the time was that normal difficulty is usually zzz difficulty. I thought FE was gonna be the same, and suffered xd

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Because my experience with other series at the time was that normal difficulty is usually zzz difficulty. I thought FE was gonna be the same, and suffered xd

xD

I’m unfamiliar with rpgs, so I wouldn’t know. I assumed normal to be... normal, at first, as a result.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay though, now I'm legit hyped to start with this game just so I can share my shitty-ass Corrin design with you guys. I don't think it'll be tonight, but definitely tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy it! Let’s hope that game you want to finish first goes smoothly and you start it tomorrow...

Also, I implore you to at least play past the route split. The first shared chapters might be dull, they’re mostly tutorials, but it immediately picks up in Conquest’s first chapter, at least imo.

50 minutes ago, Dayni said:

YOU FOOL! I WAS WARNING THEM AND YOU CHOOSE TO PASS ON SUCH THINGS!

You know, I think I made the right decision to stick with The Book of the New Sun and all the other books I have to read instead of watching anime.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But I wasn't even trying to attack you.

Pretty sure I was calling myself an idiot there.

*sigh

Don't worry about it, I got it.

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Puh-lease. Who do you think I am? I am more experienced than all of you, combined! I am the greatest tactician to have ever set foot upon this realm! I am undefeatable! Unsurpassable! Un... Unbestable!

Halp how do I end turn

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

An easy misconception to make, but it does not apply to FE. I like to sneer at normal modes nowadays, but that's because I'm experienced enough for it. My first three or four runs were FE7 normal. Today I would find that mode boring, but I could barely understand FE back then. I wouldn't have dared jump straight into hard.

So you know how roughly an hour ago I said that I was going to start Fates tomorrow?

Hot take 1: This intro is so cool. Like, way, way cooler than Three Houses's intro. I love it.

Hot take 2: I've changed my mind guys, Avatars are the best thing to have ever graced FE, just because it means I get to ruin the protagonist like I've ruined every protagonist of every game with a character creator I've ever played.

Behold!

Bazjsghz o

Kabbãge! Her mother was drunk while writing the name on the birth certificate. I tried to give her "776" for her birthday, but it was impossible, so just imagine that 1 is actually an upside-down 7. Her boon is "deft", but that's a typo - she meant to write "daft", but because she's daft, she didn't do it right. As for her bane, I was torn between "dull" and "slow", but I think dull is funnier. Besides, I like the sound of "Kabbãge, the daft and dull." Catchy.

She's actually a really kind person, but because she's daft and dull, she often gets bamboozled into taking part in illegal activities, hence her talent for outlaw...ism.

There we go. That's my main character.

I will not be able to take this game seriously, will I...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With my Corrin, you mean? Did I accidentally rip off a LPer or something?

The Deft/Daft thing definitely sounds like something I've read before, with another Corrin...

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

An easy misconception to make, but it does not apply to FE. I like to sneer at normal modes nowadays, but that's because I'm experienced enough for it. My first three or four runs were FE7 normal. Today I would find that mode boring, but I could barely understand FE back then. I wouldn't have dared jump straight into hard.

Yup. FE's general difficulty is definetly above average when it comes to games.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kabbãge!

lmao

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will not be able to take this game seriously, will I...

Fates can never be taken seriously anyway xD