• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yes! Yes! There it is! The Garons of increasing discomfort...!

First time she sang, Kabbãge smacked her all over the place. Then she tried to convince Haitaka to join us by singing and utterly failed. Now her song's causing Garon's aneurysm to explode. Is it canon that she's a terribad singer, or what?

You know what's really funny, though? Azura's disguise is somehow still more convincing than Sirius's half-face mask.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes! Yes! There it is! The Garons of increasing discomfort...!

EMBRACE THE DANK

I mean, you'll see how people find it ridiculous by the end of the chapter I suppose.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And the best part is there is no "bad" combination. Like yeah, some are better than others but testing out different combinations never feels like a waste of time

The beat part is that there are so many!

Me last chapter: Dang it, I've no room for new characters!

Me this chapter: Uhhh capturable boss

Seriously though, Kumagera looks insane. Stats that rival Effie's, currently my best unit by a long shot? Darting and certain blow? Countermagic? Goodness, I need this guy in the team!

Keaton, on the other hand, looks neat, but "neat" does not justify replacing someone as long as these deployment slots remain so limited.

Still...

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

They do increase, but you also start with some units you can't switch out.

At least for this chapter, that's not true. The game gave me one more deployment slot, but Leo didn't take one.

Speaking of He of the Oversized Collar (I know, rich coming from me), I am really disappointed that he can't use staves like a proper mage. Looks like I'll have to keep Jakob around for a while longer... I'm itching to replace him, but he's my only staffer.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Fireball and Onsen

The what?

...Well, I do know that the hot spring (guess that's what you meant) gives you Izana, but the game hasn't given me the option to upgrade that yet. I'll do it as soon as I can.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of Kirby, I remember owning a copy of Kirby's Dreamland 2 on the GameBoy Color when I was a kid.
I was not very good at it. I made it maybe to the fourth or fifth level, and never farther than that. I do remember really liking it, though.

To be fair, KDL2 is very old. Losing your copy ability and having to chase after it on getting hit once? Not so fun. I was a child last when I played that, but I would think it stiff. I did manage to find all the Rainbow Drops and get beat King Dedede, yet I never made it past Dark Matter, the swordsman phase I vanquished once, maybe twice, but I died on the second phase. So close to finish, so far from success.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

5LBLNlY.jpg

Welp, heard it here first, folks! xD

Nobunaga is odd. Ferocious, inhuman, unhesitant, I think he does a Darth Vader Force Choke to Hanbei in SW Chronicles befitting his energy blade infusion to his sword. But that lack of humanity SW places in him means he's not in the slightest afraid to bold and eccentric. And would anyone dare question him if he were to show up at a beach in a mankini? Though the Demon King would actually welcome the offending comments the same way he tells Mitsuhide to embrace his choice to betray.

6 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I really wished Kirby 64 got a port for Switch...yet have to play it.

It is on the slow side, and Copy Abilities are one-move each. Kirby's flying abilities can't be used indefinitely either, eventually Kirby will struggle for air and let out their breath, unable to float again until after they've touched the ground again. On the positive side, though the graphics be N64-dated, they are usually colorful and the stages themselves are pretty.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Although Dolphin is a fine enough emulator in my experience.
My laptop (and OS) can run it just fine, whereas DS, PS1, and PS2 are kinda difficult/impossible.

How can PS1 be a problem but Dolphin not? Thats a generation ahead of the PS1, the emulation demands from Dolphin should be far greater. What is it that makes emulators sluggish or smooth that could explain this?🤔

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

People play the dlc before the main game?

I bought the main game like a year before getting the DLC, but I never actually played it. So I consciously opted to be an oddball when Torna came out and started with that. It was fine.☺️

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

From this, I gather that F-Zero aged like milk. Yikes!

If you mean the original SNES F-Zero, I think you could say that. You could, perhaps a little too harsh, call it a tech demo showcasing the Mode 7 pseudo-3D of the SNES. But like Star Fox, which was created to unleash the Super FX Chip's real 3D graphics, the SNES isn't where the franchises are their most memorable, the "innovative" technology was insufficient for them. For F-Zero, it's either the N64's F-Zero X, or the GameCube's F-Zero GX which are still enjoyed by some hardcore racing fans to this day.

What the... I had Jakob heal Benny, and he just started doing a dumb dance. I knew I made the right choice when I deployed him instead of my three former main team members because I find him funny.

Anyway, everyone is dead except for Kumagera. Time for some capturing. Don't you dare fail me, Niles!

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Fire_Emblem_Shin_Monsho_no_Nazo_Hikari_t How ????? Did you use stat boosts ?

I gave him the growth drop, an arms scroll and one goddess icon because he capped level at 28 luck and I just wasn't about to accept that.

That's it. Everything else was the kid's very own talent. Best unit I've ever had in FE, and it's a timid child murdering people with an axe. Marvelous.

10.jpg

I mean, I main Medic in TF2, so I guess it's accurate, in a sense.

Benny's smile is the most precious thing. That's it, he's staying on the team. Two knights? Sure! I was never known for making sensible tactical decisions, anyway. His speed is utterly unsalvageable, so I think he'll go general for Wary Fighter.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Benny's smile is the most precious thing. That's it, he's staying on the team. Two knights? Sure! I was never known for making sensible tactical decisions, anyway. His speed is utterly unsalvageable, so I think he'll go general for Wary Fighter.

Smart call, I made the same calls and I think it fits.

When Benny has among the low end of speed growths in the series.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Smart call, I made the same calls and I think it fits.

When Benny has among the low end of speed growths in the series.

Well, there's also the fact that back when we were arguing about Fates designs, I looked around and Ignatius was the one that I seemed to like the most. So yeah. I want Ignatius too.

Ohhh, next chapter is that one chapter where only three units are available! On the one hand, no progress on my multiple S-Support plans is kinda eh, but on the other hand, I can use this chapter to persuade Kumagera one more time without regrets.

Radiant Dawn Part 4 rout maps be like

MassiveJadedGoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

I can definitely see why Part 4 bothers some people. I don't mind the rout maps themselves but IntSys was too trigger happy with those reinforcements. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I want Ignatius too.

Be sure to get him ASAP. The child paralouges get harder the farther you progress through the game but this only applies to enemy units. As such, Ignatius can become very difficult to recruit if you wait until later because he'll get destroyed by enemy units.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Radiant Dawn Part 4 rout maps be like

MassiveJadedGoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

I can definitely see why Part 4 bothers some people. I don't mind the rout maps themselves but IntSys was too trigger happy with those reinforcements. 

More like:

Aye?

Personally, I don't mind them either. I like them, as I think at least, "rout maps with a large number of reinforcements" have that late-game feel. More so when the maps are also big.

Edited by Acacia Sgt