Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Don’t torment yourself Saint Rubenio if Fates harms you. Read Book of the New Sun or Thieves’ World to free yourself.

I am tormented no longer. Gunter got a good level!

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's great how Azura can't take a single hit ever, but has really high offensive stat growths for some reason.

I mean, if I wanted a high-offense lancer with shit HP, I'd have kept Mozu, instead of replacing her with the sad-looking guy with the long nose.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Welcome to 4-4. There're more reinforcements yet to come.

Also, watch out for the Meteor guy reinforcement, if he's not dead already. 

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, watch out for the Meteor guy reinforcement, if he's not dead already. 

Already hit him with the Silence staff, thank you Oliver for having one in your inventory.

Otherwise he most likely would've killed Heather, who I only brought along to get Fortify.

23 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If she wanted to do anything offensively for some reason, she would also need to train up her Lance rank. So basically she would never be able to refresh.

I mean, you can reclass her to pegasus sky knight, and lose the game's refresher in exchange for a flier with shitty HP. The option is there.

All right, map over. I just barely managed to kill the boss, in part thanks to a timely crit from Gunter (though I think I could've managed without it). And now, it's plot time. Apparently Gunter is here because... There's an entrance to the super duper deeprealm at the bottom of the bottomless canyon? I mean, sure, if it gives me Jeigan back, I'm all for it.

Then Azura jumped into the exit, and Gunter and Kabbãge tried to look down but failed miserably.

O0cZC6Hv_o.png

This game sometimes, I swear.

...More importantly, I think the game's story just made its most spectacular gaffe yet: before leaving Gunterland, the game established that there's a random curse placed upon it - if you mention the other world while outside of it, you vanish.

A whopping two minutes later, Azura proceeded to show Kabbãge a crystal that, in her own words, comes "from that other world we just returned from." And she has yet to vanish.

Good job, Fates. I'm so glad I'm not skipping all of this crap.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Already hit him with the Silence staff, thank you Oliver for having one in your inventory.

Ah, nice.

Totally unrelated, but as I've been playing through FE3 (Ch16 of Book 2 now), I've got some thoughts together on dismounting as a mechanic.

Here's how I'd rank the dismounting, from best to worst.

BWS > FE3 > TRS > FE5 > FE4 > 3H

Berwick feels the most strategic, 3H is straight up broken, and FE4's is entirely pointless. I put FE5 below TRS/FE3 for one simple reason: weapon usability. In FE3 and TRS, due to WLV/MST, while you do get swordlocked by dismounting, you can still use many different swords based on that stat, so not everyone gets locked to iron swords. Due to FE5's more traditional weapon rank system, however, most mounted units that aren't sword cavs will get locked to a shitty sword rank on indoor maps, so basically all of them just get iron or steel swords. I placed TRS below FE3 just because 4 move isn't very fun compared to the 6 move they get in FE3, but at least the maps are small enough compared to FE3/5 that it's not too noticeable. 

So, in my mind, dismounting needs a clear advantage and disadvantage to be used, but shouldn't kill all unit diversity. 3H straight up broke it by allowing units to do it as a completely free action, making mounts not care at all about any effective damage. It should either be limited to before or after the unit moves. Secondly, if it's going to swordlock mounted units, it should use a WLV-like stat to allow them to use more than just iron and steel swords. Not swordlocking them is the best idea, but doing so can be balanced, so long as it doesn't use traditional weapon ranks. 

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

.More importantly, I think the game's story just made its most spectacular gaffe yet: before leaving Gunterland, the game established that there's a random curse placed upon it - if you mention the other world while outside of it, you vanish.

A whopping two minutes later, Azura proceeded to show Kabbãge a crystal that, in her own words, comes "from that other world we just returned from." And she has yet to vanish.

I think the way it works is that it doesn't apply if the people you tell it about already know. 

Doesn't change that Valla curse is uber dumb. Doesn't change that crystal ball is uber dumb. And the rest of the game will be operating under insane mental gymnastics so get ready.

I also got Tactician while trying, but it's worrisome how many of us claim to be such.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then Azura jumped into the exit, and Gunter and Kabbãge tried to look down but failed miserably.

O0cZC6Hv_o.png

Somehow Gunter's facepalming using his armour.

I'm a little impressed.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...More importantly, I think the game's story just made its most spectacular gaffe yet: before leaving Gunterland, the game established that there's a random curse placed upon it - if you mention the other world while outside of it, you vanish.

Ah yes, your first contact with the Valla curse.

Where you can't mention the name of it and nobody thinks of the idea they could mention said other world without using the name...... outside Rev. For some reason.

There are no winning plays here. Just so you know.

It's certainly not a good plot point. It's Blood Pact levels bad for artificially sparking conflict between people that could just team up from the get go.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, you can reclass her to pegasus sky knight, and lose the game's refresher in exchange for a flier with shitty HP. The option is there.

All right, map over. I just barely managed to kill the boss, in part thanks to a timely crit from Gunter (though I think I could've managed without it). And now, it's plot time. Apparently Gunter is here because... There's an entrance to the super duper deeprealm at the bottom of the bottomless canyon? I mean, sure, if it gives me Jeigan back, I'm all for it.

O0cZC6Hv_o.png

Congratulations! You have made it to what I refer to as the point of no return for this story. Before it was eh, with a bit of quite bad, but now... now.... the story gets so utterly nonsensical you will find yourself questions its existence. Cheers!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Deletes a folder

loses storage

turns off computer and comes back later

somehow has even less storage

Maybe a security copy? My own storage tends to jump a few GB's then bounces back... then goes down again.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And the rest of the game will be operating under insane mental gymnastics so get ready.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Congratulations! You have made it to what I refer to as the point of no return for this story. Before it was eh, with a bit of quite bad, but now... now.... the story gets so utterly nonsensical you will find yourself questions its existence. Cheers!

I'm ready. Give me your best shot, Fates! I dare you to try and anger me. 'Cause so far, it's only succeeded in the gameplay - and only occassionally, at that! It's been a while since a new (new as in, I'd never played it before) official FE has been so enjoyable for me, and the story being so dumb has only served to amuse me further.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's certainly not a good point. It's Blood Pact levels bad for artificially sparking conflict between people that could just team up from the get go.

There's also the fact that... Okay, yeah, the orb's broken and we can't mention Valla, so we can't provide solid proof. But still - Why not just try and tell the gang the truth? There's no need to mention Gunterland. "Hey guys, I have good reason to believe dad's possessed and that's why he's become such an asshat. We can't save him, but we can stop him from destroying the world. How about it?"

Sure, they may not believe Corrin, but what's the worst that could happen? They know better than to go to Garon like "hey Corrin thinks you're possessed." Most likely, they'll realize that the possession story explains everything and go along with Corrin to dethrone Garon.

Instead, Corrin just assumes they won't believe them and doesn't even try to explain the situation to them, deciding to obliterate Hoshido just so Garon can turn into slime in front of his heirs. I don't know, I would've thought they'd try something before skipping right to "kill everyone to get Garon to fancy chair."

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I also got Tactician while trying, but it's worrisome how many of us claim to be such.

And then there's me. I heal people! Apparently.

Uh-oh... Kumagera's going to take a little bit more persuading than just three like Haitaka. That's not good... Oh well, if worse comes to worst, I'll do some time travelling by tweaking the clock.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's certainly not a good plot point. It's Blood Pact levels bad for artificially sparking conflict between people that could just team up from the get go.

Tbh, Blood Pact isn't anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be now that I have full context. Like yeah, it's dumb but it's basically just glorified blackmailing.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm ready. Give me your best shot, Fates! I dare you to try and anger me. 'Cause so far, it's only succeeded in the gameplay - and only occassionally, at that! It's been a while since a new (new as in, I'd never played it before) official FE has been so enjoyable for me, and the story being so dumb has only served to amuse me further.

It’s not anger you, it’s just gonna leave you sitting there going “Huh- why? That is the least reasonable decision you could make in this scenario. WHAT ARE YOU DOING—“

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's also the fact that... Okay, yeah, the orb's broken and we can't mention Valla, so we can't provide solid proof. But still - Why not just try and tell the gang the truth? There's no need to mention Gunterland. "Hey guys, I have good reason to believe dad's possessed and that's why he's become such an asshat. We can't save him, but we can stop him from destroying the world. How about it?"

Sure, they may not believe Corrin, but what's the worst that could happen? They know better than to go to Garon like "hey Corrin thinks you're possessed." Most likely, they'll realize that the possession story explains everything and go along with Corrin to dethrone Garon.

Instead, Corrin just assumes they won't believe them and doesn't even try to explain the situation to them, deciding to obliterate Hoshido just so Garon can turn into slime in front of his heirs. I don't know, I would've thought they'd try something before skipping right to "kill everyone to get Garon to fancy chair."

Again, it's to artificially perpetuate the conflict. Like how in RD they have the whole "Sure, we just believe Lekain when he says there' no way we could send word to the Alliance we're being coherced to fight, because they can somehow intercept any message we could send... what's that Kurth? You have a stone we can use to send messages and Ena over in the Alliance has the other? And we can just get into a secure room and try to... nah, let's keep quiet and keep being Begnion's lapdogs, because the last three years were just bygones, sure."

Okay, not quite as that, but it was neither handled good.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh, Blood Pact isn't anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be now that I have full context. Like yeah, it's dumb but it's basically just glorified blackmailing.

It is, actually. Even worse, I'd say, since the blackmail doesn't even apply to the people of Daein, who are so eager to fight... making it clear the Pact is only to coherce Pelleas. Would've been a more interesting plot if they had riled the Daein people to want to participate, and Pelleas in his meek self simply caves in, even if he knows that can only end bad for his country. There are plenty of ways they could've handled, but went for magical coercion when it was even superfluous for the most part.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even worse, I'd say, since the blackmail doesn't even apply to the people of Daein, who are so eager to fight... making it clear the Pact is only to coherce Pelleas. Would've been a more interesting plot if they had riled the Daein people to want to participate, and Pelleas in his meek self simply caves in, even if he knows that can only end bad for his country. There are plenty of ways they could've handled, but went for magical coercion when it was even superfluous for the most part.

I agree, I just don't think it's an awful plot point, you get what I mean?

Just now, Armagon said:

I agree, I just don't think it's an awful plot point, you get what I mean?

It's awful in my opinion, since again, it exists only to artificially spark conflict. There can be more organic ways to force the Micaiah vs Ike conflict. I've even thought of one before: