• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I prefer to stay out of 3H conversations, as I don't like the game at all. So, that's how its gonna stay.

You know, I should probably follow your example. One of these days I'm going to make everyone angry with one of my horribly confrontational takes.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

on't get me wrong, I like it, but why?

People finally recognized her as a good character for once.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

But that ain't Best Boy!

I mean, there's no other character I'd even think of as best boy, so...

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“waifuing” Marianne is like “waifuing” depression. I don’t get it.

606675845456592916.png?v=1

Seeing a character battle self-loathing, insecurity, and antisocial tendencies in a relatable way, and eventually seeing them move past it is beautiful.

Especially when you see yourself in that character in so many ways.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Really the only bad thing about Marianne is that she cuts her already short hair even more post timeskip.

I actually prefer her post-timeskip look, tbh. Not just because her appearance is much happier, either. Her overall look is so elegant and beautiful.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even someone like Mercedes. Everyone hates war Mercedes because muh hair, but c'mon, that hat is so awesome, who cares about the hair?

I prefer post-timeskip Mercedes as well. Floof or not.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree, because personally, I can't see why people can't see it (wow, what a shitty sentence I just wrote). It really seems obvious to me that her attitude is a result of grief, supported by the fact that she's clearly grief-stricken in the monastery. And if Lysithea can use her condition as an excuse to get away with just about anything, why can't Leonie be excused for her one outburst right after losing someone she cared about deeply?

But just because these two things happened doesn’t mean they’re related. So yeah.

I mean, it was about as much of a mystery as the Sirius's identity. Never did try to hide it, exactly, did I?

Is Sirius from Berwick?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

except she growns from gloom and despair to smile and happiness. That smile is worth the world.

And seeing a depresso character grow out of it is always 👌

I do usually hate depresso MCs though. Can't stand them.

But then what does she have? What is her character without it?

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Quickly Sooks, you must watch this video before your soul flees you! Don’t end up like me!

I still like cats.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, Mercedes' hair was the biggest tragedy of the war... you can't change my mind!

Good.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is it really that much of a hot take to like... all of the post timeskip designs better than the pre timeskip ones? Even someone like Mercedes. Everyone hates war Mercedes because muh hair, but c'mon, that hat is so awesome, who cares about the hair?

That take is frozen solid except for Mercedes.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is it really that much of a hot take to like... all of the post timeskip designs better than the pre timeskip ones?

I'm memeing, I like all of the post timeskip designs more (even if long hair girls > short hair girls).

Though I do wish Dorothea didn't get rid of her Jotaro hat.

My take is that I'd wish there was a way to mix and match. Like, have characters be able to use their War Phase outfits in the Academy Phase. Or let them keep stuff like hairstyles after the transition. The closest to that is making them use their War Phase models during the Academy Phase if I recall correctly, but it's not the same.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

606675845456592916.png?v=1

Seeing a character battle self-loathing, insecurity, and antisocial tendencies in a relatable way, and eventually seeing them move past it is beautiful.

Especially when you see yourself in that character in so many ways.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Her Character is about growing from depresso and overcoming and deciding her own path, and not the one her blood decided for her

That's fair, I think. It's just... there are times when it seems to me like some people out there find the depression itself attractive. Like, they're into her because she's suicidal. That's kinda screwed up. But then again, she's a fictional character, so, meh. Whatever, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But just because these two things happened doesn’t mean they’re related. So yeah.

It wouldn't, if her B support with Byleth wasn't set to be unobtainable until after Jeralt's death. That seems to me like a pretty huge indicator that they are, in fact, related.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is Sirius from Berwick?

K-Kch... Gaaahh! Ahh, the ignorance, it hurts! It hurts! Archanea, you dolt! Sirius is from Archanea!

...Okay, sorry, I'm joking, but... Fuck, man, go play DSFE!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though I do wish Dorothea didn't get rid of her Jotaro hat.

Not gonna lie, I initially hated the hat because I read it's a stripper hat and thought "ah, IntSys at it again", but on the other hand, it has more personality to it than the generic dress she wears post-timeskip, so... Meh.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My take is that I'd wish there was a way to mix and match. Like, have characters be able to use their War Phase outfits in the Academy Phase. Or let them keep stuff like hairstyles after the transition. The closest to that is making them use their War Phase models during the Academy Phase if I recall correctly, but it's not the same.

Yes. Please. I want to put everyone in clothes that don't all look like the same unmemorable garbage.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You know, maybe I should be happy that I hate 3H, because it means I cannot become this, or a member of the Edelgard/Dimitri war.

Seriously though, why is anyone taking this seriously? Fuckin' Jorge is in Heroes alongside the 10 Camilla alts, while characters like Marcus (who was in two friggin' games, mind) aren't. Gatekeeper might as well get in too, the Heroes roster has always been shit and always will be.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I should probably follow your example. One of these days I'm going to make everyone angry with one of my horribly confrontational takes.

That might totally be a good idea, or ot will totally backfire! 

Seriously, I dont think you could make anyone here angry. Well... at least not the head exploding kinda angry.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, maybe I should be happy that I hate 3H, because it means I cannot become this, or a member of the Edelgard/Dimitri war.

Seriously though, why is anyone taking this seriously? Fuckin' Jorge is in Heroes alongside the 10 Camilla alts, while characters like Marcus (who was in two friggin' games, mind) aren't. Gatekeeper might as well get in too, the Heroes roster has always been shit and always will be.

Marth fans have been waiting for years

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Her Character is about growing from depresso and overcoming and deciding her own path, and not the one her blood decided for her

Yes I know but as far as being your “waifu” (I’ve used that word so much today) that leaves her personality not really existing from that point on so I just... don’t know.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That exact feature is in the game.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's fair, I think. It's just... there are times when it seems to me like some people out there find the depression itself attractive. Like, they're into her because she's suicidal. That's kinda screwed up. But then again, she's a fictional character, so, meh. Whatever, I suppose.

^

K-Kch... Gaaahh! Ahh, the ignorance, it hurts! It hurts! Archanea, you dolt! Sirius is from Archanea!

...Okay, sorry, I'm joking, but... Fuck, man, go play DSFE!

Eventually I will... eventually.

Not gonna lie, I initially hated the hat because I read it's a stripper hat and thought "ah, IntSys at it again", but on the other hand, it has more personality to it than the generic dress she wears post-timeskip, so... Meh.

But people don’t like strippers because of hats so... not fan service...?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That exact feature is in the game.

Yeah, but it's not what I'd want to see. Since you can't have characters looking like their Academy Phase selves but wearing their War Phase outfits.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

that leaves her personality not really existing from that point on so I just... don’t know.

From that point on we see her develop further and the result of taking her fate in her hands, especially if you did the paralogue.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

People care that much about the CYL results...?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

From that point on we see her develop further and the result of taking her fate in her hands, especially if you did the paralogue.

I hated it. Maybe I blocked out the traumatic memories.

In other news, no one is actually teaching the live classes. Why???

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Marth fans have been waiting for years

I know. Personally, I find it unbelievable that the original lord has yet to win the poll, but... I mean, who cares. It's Heroes, the cesspool of FE. Someone once told me that losing the Heroes poll might as well be regarded as a badge of honor. I am proud to say that one of my favs lost!

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Eventually I will... eventually.

Now! Gooo!

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, one of my biggest gripes with the art book in the FE1 is that they put Heroes art in it.

I hate that about it, even if I like some of the art.

That's not great. I know the original FE1's art was kinda sucky, but have you seen the old TCG art? It's actually really good! Why not use that? It has that old school vibe that suits FE1 like a glove, while not being as, uh... unpleasant as the original game's own artwork!

I find it unbelievable that the original lord has yet to win the poll,

Nothing says a Fake can't beat the original 😉

especially when the original is only good in smash

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

People care that much about the CYL results...?

the fanbase is literally in flames

493648036912824320.png?v=1