Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Question to the Xenobladers:

Is Vandham worth using, or is there anything particularly noteworthy about him?

He hits the hardest out of anyone in the party at the moment. He also has access to Launch.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He hits the hardest out of anyone in the party at the moment. He also has access to Launch.

Ah. I kinda like the setup I've got going now with Rex, Tora and Nia, so I'll stick with them. I really like the flexibility they have right now due to their blades.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah. I kinda like the setup I've got going now with Rex, Tora and Nia, so I'll stick with them. I really like the flexibility they have right now due to their blades.

This does make things go smoother, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

My biggest complaint with Xenoblade 2 so far is that I set up Nia to launch but she decides to switch to Dromarch to drop potions instead

It's cause Nia prioritizes on keeping you alive if your HP is low.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's cause Nia prioritizes on keeping you alive if your HP is low.

F

Kinda sucks, although I could just play as her. I usually use Rex/Pyra, 'cause I like spamming their arts, (The ones I have equipped on Perun and Adenine are all rather slow, so they're not as much fun right now) but that could change. The hard part is gonna be bumping one of 'em off when Zeke joins, though. Prooooobably Tora, but I have no clue.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I usually use Rex/Pyra, 'cause I like spamming their arts, (The ones I have equipped on Perun and Adenine are all rather slow, so they're not as much fun right now) but that could change.

?

Perun and Adenine are bonded to Rex, right? He's pretty fast with their weapon types, especially when you auto-attack cancel. Are you leveling up their Arts?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Perun and Adenine are bonded to Rex, right?

Perun's on Rex, Adenine's on Nia. Perun's arts currently have 10, 14 and 9 recharges, Adenine's are 8, 13 and 11. They're not even that slow...But I don't enjoy 'em as much as I do Pyra.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Gatekeeper won first place?

I have lost faith in humanity. Not that I dislike gatekeeper or anything, it's just a major BRUH.

It’s great... great!

I feel better now, although I have Running in the 90s and a white duck forever burned into my mind after ten hours. What did I miss?

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

9gf264hccze61.png

giphy.gif

Edited by Wraith

Jagen checking the CyL 5 results be like.

Be4ylwbi o

Honestly though, this is really funny. A secondary and a friggin' meme from Three Houses beat two protagonists. Even when Marth is finally winning, he's still getting thoroughly humilliated. If this doesn't come to show that Three Houses is the only relevant game in this series anymore, I don't know what will.

Oh, well, who cares. More importantly, let's see who lost!

Dolth, Shadows of Valentia. Ahh, what a pity. I was hoping for a playable character... Let's see, who's the least popular playable?

Yo-Yoder!? Binding Blade's Yoder!? 6 votes!? Are you fucking kidding me-- Ohh, this fanbase, man. The utter lack of good taste! I look upon thee over my shoulder in disdain!

But you know what? At least this means Chrom and Byleth lost. I am happy about that, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dolth, Shadows of Valentia. Ahh, what a pity. I was hoping for a playable character... Let's see, who's the least popular playable?

Yo-Yoder!? Binding Blade's Yoder!? 6 votes!? Are you fucking kidding me-- Ohh, this fanbase, man. The utter lack of good taste! I look upon thee over my shoulder in disdain!

But you know what? At least this means Chrom and Byleth lost. I am happy about that, at least.

I tried to warn you. You also missed Doth tied with Alder, the man who loved Jarod.

I would ask what's with the Chrom hate, but oh forget it.

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You also missed Doth tied with Alder, the man who loved Jarod.

Ah, yeah... I wonder who voted for those two. Maybe it's the same two people!

On an unrelated note, Frost actually did surprisingly well. He didn't even make the bottom 10! Way to go!

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I would ask what's with the Chrom hate, but oh forget it.

Mostly that if Chrom beat Marth I would've been severely disappointed in mankind. Gatekeeper beating Marth is enough.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mostly that if Chrom beat Marth I would've been severely disappointed in mankind. Gatekeeper beating Marth is enough.

Doubtful, Chrom certainly wasn't getting that strong a rally, not with what actually happened. (For reference, last time it happened that order changed was CYL3 where people were determined to get Micaiah ahead of Camilla and Micaiah was already second). And we know Gatekeeper wasn't entirely non-FEH players, because someone calculated that if they removed that sector of votes assuming it was all Gatekeeper he still would have beaten Marth.

Marth ending up third after being first would be unprecedented. And some sick humour. You'd have to laugh.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Doubtful, Chrom certainly wasn't getting that strong a rally, not with what actually happened. (For reference, last time it happened that order changed was CYL3 where people were determined to get Micaiah ahead of Camilla and Micaiah was already second). And we know Gatekeeper wasn't entirely non-FEH players, because someone calculated that if they removed that sector of votes assuming it was all Gatekeeper he still would have beaten Marth.

Marth ending up third after being first would be unprecedented. And some sick humour. You'd have to laugh.

To be fair, Chrom did face more robust competition. Can't beat the power of memes, and Marth is actually a character, unlike Byleth. Far more reasonable for Marianne to make the jump from 3rd to 1st than Chrom slipping past Marth.

It still wouldn't have surprised me, to be honest.

By the way, congrats to all the Marianne fans in the thread. Marianne is absolutely not my kind of character, but I don't hate her, I'm just completely indifferent to her. So yeah, enjoy your victory, all. I'll just continue dreaming of the day someone I like pushes past 200th place. Or, y'know, at least Best Protagonist Leif, who as far as I know has yet to make it to the top 10 because the FE fanbase is bad and ugly.

All right, I beat Esteban Stinks-- Sorry, Scorpion's Sting. Things went much more smoothly this time. Got the full reward, which means I may just be able to afford another piece of furniture or two. Getting all the remaining pieces would be a bit of a pipe dream, but... Damnit, I'm so close...!

Also, I did the funny again. Adel promotes. Now I have two lance knights with supporter. I can reenact chapter 9, but reversed. I cannot wait!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, it does. Higher Merc Rank means higher limit. And the limit only applies to Commons.

Well, yeah but it doesnt allow you to summon In the first place when your maxed out and I think the limit still should have been a little higher... if not only for the players convenience, really.

Life lesson from me, one who is know filled with wisdom: don’t stay up til 1 am playing a video game when you have school/work the next day.

In my defense, I was right at the end...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Life lesson from me, one who is know filled with wisdom: don’t stay up til 1 am playing a video game when you have school/work the next day.

Hahahah! Ahh, I know the feeling. I mean, I did say here how I recently played a horror game up to 2 am because I was "right at the end." Turns out I wasn't really, but I kept going anyway.

Still, exercising some restraint is always important with these things. Better stop earlier than end up having to quit at the worst possible time... Or, y'know, what you did.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah! Ahh, I know the feeling. I mean, I did say here how I recently played a horror game up to 2 am because I was "right at the end." Turns out I wasn't really, but I kept going anyway.

Still, exercising some restraint is always important with these things. Better stop earlier than end up having to quit at the worst possible time... Or, y'know, what you did.

It shouldn’t have taken that long but I kept resetting because I kept messing up, even though that’s against what a choice based game is supposed to be like (it bothers me if I don’t get the “best” ending first).

I made it all the way to the end at the sequence at the river until I learned that literally no matter what you choose Luther always dies there. He’s such a nothing character because the game wholly expects him to die, the game always gives you the opportunity to sacrifice him whenever things look bad and if you mess up at some parts and he’s still alive he’ll automatically do it for you, and even if he survives all that the game encourages you to leave him for dead and save yourself twice. But he made it in the end!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I learned that very same lesson when I was your age Sooks.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It shouldn’t have taken that long but I kept resetting because I kept messing up, even though that’s against what a choice based game is supposed to be like (it bothers me if I don’t get the “best” ending first).

I made it all the way to the end at the sequence at the river until I learned that literally no matter what you choose Luther always dies there.

Ahh, Detroit Become Human, is it? David Cage's best game. Not that that's saying a lot. David Cage is awful at his job. I quite enjoyed Connor's story, but the other two are kinda bleh, in my humble opinion. Still, even at its worst, DBH is far, far from the ridiculous, plothole-ridden mess that is Heavy Rain. I've always loved that game, it's so bad.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He’s such a nothing character because the game wholly expects him to die, the game always gives you the opportunity to sacrifice him whenever things look bad and if you mess up at some parts and he’s still alive he’ll automatically do it for you, and even if he survives all that the game encourages you to leave him for dead and save yourself twice. But he made it in the end!

Yeah, from what I've gathered he only lives in the absolute best ending. Otherwise he's there to give you an out from a terrible ending if you screw up.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, Detroit Become Human, is it? David Cage's best game. Not that that's saying a lot. David Cage is awful at his job. I quite enjoyed Connor's story, but the other two are kinda bleh, in my humble opinion. Still, even at its worst, DBH is far, far from the ridiculous, plothole-ridden mess that is Heavy Rain. I've always loved that game, it's so bad.

I unironically like both. Quite a bit.

I don’t know much about Cage though, other than that people don’t like him.

Yeah, from what I've gathered he only lives in the absolute best ending. Otherwise he's there to give you an out from a terrible ending if you screw up.

And his character suffers as a result. He’s always just kind of there, the poor guy.

Although that’s technically untrue, you have the option of sacrificing multiple people at the end if you took the bus, and since Luther is a “main” character, I don’t know why you wouldn’t sacrifice Jerry instead.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I unironically like both. Quite a bit.

Ah, well, I'll not rant on you, then. I do think Detroit's good, it has some rather significant flaws but overall he did a fine job on that one. Heavy Rain, well...

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And his character suffers as a result. He’s always just kind of there, the poor guy.

Although that’s technically untrue, you have the option of sacrificing multiple people at the end if you took the bus, and since Luther is a “main” character, I don’t know why you wouldn’t sacrifice Jerry instead.

Sacrifice the baby.

...Okay, no, but for real, the death squads are there for your group, not for a human family with a baby. Take those tickets, is what I'd do. Unless you make Markus go full-on Civ!Gandhi mode, they'll be all right.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, well, I'll not rant on you, then. I do think Detroit's good, it has some rather significant flaws but overall he did a fine job on that one. Heavy Rain, well...

Heavy Rain has nothing on Beyond Two Souls. A game based around choices where your choices don’t matter with really stupid puzzles is not my cup of tea, thank you very much. But Detroit/Heavy Rain gameplay...

What is it with me and liking really obscure types of gameplay?

Sacrifice the baby.

...Okay, no, but for real, the death squads are there for your group, not for a human family with a baby. Take those tickets, is what I'd do. Unless you make Markus go full-on Civ!Gandhi mode, they'll be all right.

That is what I did, because your only options for all the main characters to live are that or to mess up in chapter 30 and get captured, and who wants to mess up there?

Although, when you return the tickets, he says “You’ve saved our lives!” so I wouldn’t be sure they’re human...

Edited by Sooks