Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I would guess that each item type simply has a property that determines whether it's kept after a map is completed or not.

The Pulverizer isn't the only such item after all. There is also the Prototype Scorpion that Burroughs borrows and the Door Key from Adel's map.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Markus can’t look at the chess table if he didn’t decide to play chess to occupy himself, and he can’t look at the bookshelf if he didn’t decide to read to occupy himself. He makes that decision in chapter 5. He comes back to the home in chapter 31. Pain.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, he is really really good xD

and much better than that Riki

Oh, god yes, but Tatsu... oh gosh, he is the worst thing ever created, as far as Nopon go at least.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Really? I remember there being a bunch of quests that give 2+ people.

Probably the later ones.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

guess? I had no issues at all, and i consider myself a fairly casual player.

Elemental Awakening.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If anyone is interested in what i slightly thing about XB2 so far in comparison to XB1, and how my rating might look like when i finish the game

Hide contents

UMuHZSb.png

Of course anything can change, especially endgame as it can make or break a game, so take this with a grain of salt xD

Looking like a good overall improvement.

Although the retroactive changes to some parts of DE's score, did you make them as you were playing 2 or did you change them long ago?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tora is bestest Nopon!

Seriously, he has the best character out of all of them, he is actually likeable!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, he is really really good xD

and much better than that Riki

Careful, you'll anger the Xenoblade 1 fans haha.

But yeah, I agree. Riki ain't bad but not only is Tora a good character, he actually has relevance in the story. 

(Going from Tora -> Tatsu if you ever get to Xenoblade X is gonna be whiplash).

Because I was able to get a second Prototype Scorpion once, courtesy of an enemy capturing one of the allied ballistician. And that second Scorpion also simply disappeared into the ether, just like the first one.
So I figured that item types like the Prototype Scorpion simply get removed from the game universally once a map is finished. Like, you could probably hack those items into other maps and they would still disappear at the end of it.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Probably the later ones.

Elemental Awakening.

Careful, you'll anger the Xenoblade 1 fans haha.

But yeah, I agree. Riki ain't bad but not only is Tora a good character, he actually has relevance in the story. 

(Going from Tora -> Tatsu if you ever get to Xenoblade X is gonna be whiplash).

Yeah, i think so.

Y'know? i never minded this besides the lvl 100 UM, it didn't affect me in the slightest.

Not directed at me, but i bolded what was the 100% truth, and what, imo, makes him really likeable. 

Just now, BrightBow said:

Because I was able to get a second Prototype Scorpion once, courtesy of an enemy capturing one of the allied ballistician. And that second Scorpion also simply disappeared into the ether, just like the first one.
So I figured that item types like the Prototype Scorpion simply get removed from the game altogether once a map is finished.

That's probably correct.

I love how you can get items off of NPCs if they're captured by enemies. Like, they gave Gasch a treasure so there's legit incentive to just letting him die. You get 5000 denarii, and you don't get Marcel so the snow map is slightly more bearable. Being a good guy isn't always easy.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although the retroactive changes to some parts of DE's score, did you make them as you were playing 2 or did you change them long ago?

As i was playing, i think, and i am not sure about the changes yet. In the spreadsheet i didn't change them yet, as i usually don't like retroactive changes, but i do them when the games are part of the same series.

Again, everything can change in the remaining chapters, as honestly most of my opinion soured on XB1 late game, as you might know (well, story wise, that is)

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

(Going from Tora -> Tatsu if you ever get to Xenoblade X is gonna be whiplash)

OOF

we are getting X switch port, right?

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Again, everything can change in the remaining chapters, as honestly most of my opinion soured on XB1 late game, as you might know (well, story wise, that is)

Yeah.

In my opinion at least, the quality of Xenoblade 2's story is a lot more consistent. There are some things I don't like about the story in Ch.8-10 but it boils down to "I see what you tried to do but it could've been done better" and not "wow the quality took a dive" like I thought with the last 20% of Xenoblade 1.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wish. Hopefully.

At this rate, Xenoblade X2 is more likely than a Xenoblade X port. I bought a Wii U for that reason (and it payed off, not only did I get to play Xenoblade X but also Mario Galaxy 2 and Radiant Dawn).

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm thinking about how it would've been so easy to have that unnamed hero be actually present and they could've easily made him a love interest for Elma and they chose not to. Interesting indeed.

If the Lone Hero were actually present in the story and wasn't "dead" in Low Mira Orbit...

Spoiler

I could see a cliched contrast between him and Lao. He who maintained their faith in humanity and the one who lost it. Each supported by differing Xenos.

Elma's age is 29. The Lone Hero's age was at least 20, and I'd assume it to be closer to the late 20s. In part because Lin is the almost the only teenager in NLA (almost because Mia is 19), even the semi-pathetic and "young" Gwin is 24; Irina is 27, Doug is 30, Lao 31. Here is the sketch with Japanese description that states his rough age. It doesn't say it's the Lone Hero, but who else could this "Protagonist" described as "different from the avatar" be?:

xeno1.jpg

Not a bad catch Elma if this is the koi turned dragon you reeled in.

I bring up age, because ElmaxLone Hero love story could be decidedly different from the norm in JRPGs, since both individuals are out of those earliest loving years.

ZekexPandoria (age 25) and the Torna OTP (age 30) are also exceptions, but they're not normal relationships, by virtue of Blades being bound to their owners. 

And while I have mentioned the XCX art book before, there might have been a second scrapped protagonist. 

XBCX-prerelease-reina.png

"Reina Sakuraba"

The art book describes her as having an "aura of a heroine", although one could interpret this as a more general inclination towards justice. The art book says her name indicates she might have some family relation to Sakuraba Industries. Sakuraba is indirectly described in-game as being the biggest of the Arms Manufacturers.

Clearly, she couldn't have been that important, if unlike the revered and enigmatic Lone Hero she has no references found in the final game. Perhaps she was a transition semi-self insert before Cross was decided on? You project yourself through Reina's experience of the world and events, but they aren't aren't you. An inexperienced young lady of privilege who wants to do good sounds sufficiently "novice". 

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's that one game that probably won't.

Well, in an interview with Takahashi himself, US Gamer asked that very question. While the response, unsurprisingly, doesn't provide a solid 'yes' or 'no' answer, fans of the game will be pleased to see that he is at least interested in the possibility.

"Well, the future at present is unclear. Personally speaking, I'd love to play the game on the Switch, but it would be really difficult to make it."

Digging a little deeper, the interview moved on to asking about the particular difficulties that would prevent the game from arriving on Nintendo's latest console. The answer was a simple one.

"Money," he laughs. "It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."

This was stated in October of 2018.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

In my opinion at least, the quality of Xenoblade 2's story is a lot more consistent. There are some things I don't like about the story in Ch.8-10 but it boils down to "I see what you tried to do but it could've been done better" and not "wow the quality took a dive" like I thought with the last 20% of Xenoblade 1.

Taking a dive is better than sitting in the electric chair! 😜

Or whatevs XS that I annoying cannot judge myself yet.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Armagon, you just broke my heart into a million itty bitty pieces! 😒

Bamco did the same to me.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

bring up age, because ElmaxLone Hero love story could be decidedly different from the norm in JRPGs, since both individuals are out of those earliest loving years.

That is true. I haven't really thought about it.

Of course, this is assuming it developed into a romance. We can assume based on little bits of dialogue from both X and her non-canon appearance in 2 but it's still not enough information to go off on. Unless I missed something in X.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reina Sakuraba"

The art book describes her as having an "aura of a heroine", although one could interpret this as a more general inclination towards justice. The art book says her name indicates she might have some family relation to Sakuraba Industries. Sakuraba is indirectly described in-game as being the biggest of the Arms Manufacturers.

Clearly, she couldn't have been that important, if unlike the revered and enigmatic Lone Hero she has no references found in the final game. Perhaps she was a transition semi-self insert before Cross was decided on? You project yourself through Reina's experience of the world and events, but they aren't aren't you. An inexperienced young lady of privilege who wants to do good sounds sufficiently "novice". 

This is just a guess but it seems like they might've taken that general concept and given it to Murderess. Granted, Murderess' circumstances are very different but you get what I mean.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Taking a dive is better than sitting in the electric chair! 😜

Bruh.

Tbf tho, the problems with Disc 2 of Xenogears was a result of Square Enix interference. Which hey, given all the roadblocks the dev team encountered, they did very well.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's that one game that probably won't.

Well, in an interview with Takahashi himself, US Gamer asked that very question. While the response, unsurprisingly, doesn't provide a solid 'yes' or 'no' answer, fans of the game will be pleased to see that he is at least interested in the possibility.

"Well, the future at present is unclear. Personally speaking, I'd love to play the game on the Switch, but it would be really difficult to make it."

Digging a little deeper, the interview moved on to asking about the particular difficulties that would prevent the game from arriving on Nintendo's latest console. The answer was a simple one.

"Money," he laughs. "It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."

This was stated in October of 2018.

Why not do like Ninty did? Put an emulator and a ROM of the game in a cartridge and charge 60 bucks for that. It worked wonders for the Big N, and it takes next to no effort or budget-- In fact, all it takes is having no shame!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why not do like Ninty did? Put an emulator and a ROM of the game in a cartridge and charge 60 bucks for that. It worked wonders for the Big N, and it takes next to no effort or budget-- In fact, all it takes is having no shame!

I think that wouldn't work with XB fans after Monolith did XBDE. Fans would expect a remaster in the same quality, atleast

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I think that wouldn't work with XB fans after they Monolith did XBDE. Fans would expect a remaster in the same quality, atleast

I mean, Xenoblade X can just get a straight port tbh. Game came out in 2015. The only thing they can really change right now is just add some QoL.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, Xenoblade X can just get a straight port tbh. Game came out in 2015. The only thing they can really change right now is just add some QoL.

Better load times, please! 

That, and an option to kill tobias.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I think that wouldn't work with XB fans after Monolith did XBDE. Fans would expect a remaster in the same quality, atleast

I mean, Super Mario 64 had a wonderful little remake on the DS. Nobody seems to remember that one. Only flaws that one had were graphics (because DS) and controls (because DS), and both would've been handily solved by a Switch remaster. But that was too much too ask from a multimillionaire, multinational corporation, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do you get the pulverizer from the gravekeeper? My guess would be no, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Actually, it'd probably hurt a lot.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

O+ isn’t exactly the highest grade I can think of.

TELL HER THAT O STANDS FOR OMAZING