• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

51 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of which, I sorta with that master mode weremore like Ghost of Tsushima's Lethal mode, where everything (including you) dies in just a hit or two. Master mode started off good in my opinion, but later on got rather tedious. Maybe I was playing wrong, though.

I never bought BotW's DLC, but regenerating enemy health sounds very questionable to me. As an anti-slow and cheaty kill measure, maybe it works, but I'm wary that it'd be a totally unfair slog that forces a level of offense that make you want to break your controller after the third weapon breaks on the enemy.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

The opening hours of BotW can be quite punishing if you go in blind as well.

So fragile. I rarely fought anything in BotW at first because of how much damage I was taking. And even later, because I was stupid and didn't realize the armor upgrade system existed for a long time, I was very murderable.

On subsequent runs, the difficulty can melt away because you know where to find all the Shrines.

---

I've been trying to get back into Etrian Odyssey Nexus, though the game hasn't clicked with me the same way EOV does (I think I'll finally start my 4th and final run of the game later this month). Partly, it's early enemies having too much health, partly, it's the terrible decision to bring back EOIV's level-gating on skill access. My Ninja cries itself to sleep knowing it has to wait another 15 levels before it can learn its mass-Panic infliction skill.

Still, I want to finish the game at least once, if on Basic when I usually play Expert. And with every labyrinth I complete, I get closer to that much-awaited level 40, at which point the fun truly begins.

EOIII never got a 3DS remake, which is sad, because Waterfall Woods is looking like the best 1st Stratum from a visual perspective to me. Please make the Wildling good next time.

Why are there so many "ah, Xenoblade 2 is a garbage game!" Videos out there? I've never cared to watch, but what's the point? 

I mean I guess they are just sharing their opinions, if anything.

Having to sit through the opening part of the credits every time I play through the final chapter in order for my final choices to be added to the flowchart is really annoying.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Why are there so many "ah, Xenoblade 2 is a garbage game!" Videos out there? I've never cared to watch, but what's the point? 

I mean I guess they are just sharing their opinions, if anything.

Yeah, they've been popping up alot lately for me as well lol.

And it's usually from those who love XB1

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never bought BotW's DLC, but regenerating enemy health sounds very questionable to me. As an anti-slow and cheaty kill measure, maybe it works, but I'm wary that it'd be a totally unfair slog that forces a level of offense that make you want to break your controller after the third weapon breaks on the enemy.

At least to me, the regenerating health wasn't a problem very often-Only with Wizzarobes, (HATE) and the ganons. The problem was that the enemies had FAR too much health-In the earlygame, I had no problems with this, since it was giving a different way to play BotW-More stealthily than action-adventur-y. However, later on, enemies dealt nearly no damage to me and I did barely any in return. The midgame was easily the worst part of MM. The end was fine, the beginning was great, but the middle felt sloggy very often, leading me to avoid combat more because they inconvenienced me than because of danger.

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atleast it makes hunting rare abilities easier iirc

.....It really doesn't. If you wanted to do that you're going to at least 20 before it hits a 10% chance. You need to check every ability to be sure. It's more useful for the 4 31 IVs when you're high enough on the chain.

Honestly it's not that part that annoys me. It's a few other things: Catching pokemon that only show up through it and how it can set you into a tailspin if you're unlucky and just are passing through (also a specific example that will ruin you)

You're having to roll for anything other than more of the same to show up (Which can take some serious time, currently living it) and if the weather has to be changed that has to be part of it too and be refreshed continuously if it goes away. And that's if they're calling every time the other one gets taken out, which is no sure thing

The second is more of an issue if you're not higher level, but get you get outsped and they immediately call a second, I am reminded of a certain line. It's caused me consternation before and of course it also impacts on regular catching as you have to clear out one to catch the other.

And then there's Lana's trial. The one trial where the regular foes can do it. They do it 100% of the time. If your pokemon's just slow enough and not strong enough it can get to be too much as the Dewpider are tougher than you'd think. If you're not ready for it: You will be outmanned. You will be outran. You will be outgunned.

That's a potential Nuzlocke ender right there.

It's definitely one of my least favourite things in Alola.

Edited by Dayni

Ya know, something i really like in XB2 so far? How the experienced and older party members kinda stop/counter Rex' naivety.

In man RPGs, even XB1 itself, many go with MCs naivety and ideals just like that, which usually pisses me off.

Not with Rex.

Atleast so far.

Don't make me eat my words in the remaining chapters, XB2

xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, something i really like in XB2 so far? How the experienced and older party members kinda stop/counter Rex' naivety.

In man RPGs, even XB1 itself, many go with MCs naivety and ideals just like that, which usually pisses me off.

Not with Rex.

Atleast so far.

xD

True. There thankfully isn't a moment like the one in Sword Valley in XC1, and even XCX had one moment where naivety got in the way. Can't remember one in Xenogears, but Fei has far bigger issues than being naive.

Just be lucky Rex isn't experience for all the strength he can potentially tap into. Imagine naïveté wedded to serious combat capabilities, how would one contain someone like that? If the idealistic hero could run into bad guy battalions and solo them with ease, while the ones trying to keep said hero in check struggled to clean up the remnants of the hero's smashing of everything. You can't really babysit a guy who keeps running into fortified dens of evil, and never gets kicked out so you never get a chance to admonish them because they never failed.

I'm not sure if there is a game/manga/anime that has actually done that. All I'm doing is fusing Rex's innocence with a certain other main character from a totally unrelated game. Sounds like a potentially interesting idea.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Man, Xenoblade 2 is zuccing up all my time.

tenor_8.gif

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

it was also the first Zelda game I ever played (the DX version)..

Ayyy same.

Well, to be technical, I had played Zelda games a bit before but Link's Awakening DX on 3DS Virtual Console was the first Zelda game I owned and beat.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The opening hours of BotW can be quite punishing if you go in blind as well.

Ehhhhhhhhhh. Can't say I had any trouble in the opening hours.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Speaking of which, I sorta with that master mode weremore like Ghost of Tsushima's Lethal mode, where everything (including you) dies in just a hit or two. Master mode started off good in my opinion, but later on got rather tedious. Maybe I was playing wrong, though.

This is a totally different game but CrossCode's NG+ let's you do something similar. You can turn on a modifier where you die in one hit and also turn on a modifier where you can kill everything in one hit (with the exception of the boss of the water temple, which you can't oneshot until the final phase and also the final boss which, like the entire game, acknowledges that you're one-shotting everything).

I haven't tried that run myself, I only did Sergey Hax (the oneshot everything mode) because as I said, the game acknowledges it and it's fucking hilarious.

Alright, CrossCode shilling time over.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Not with Rex.

Atleast so far.

xD

Yeah, I like how they do it. And I also like how Rex does have valid points as well.

The guy basically serves as a foil to the rest of the party. His optimistic personality is what drew the party together since everyone who joins the party has something they've been pessimistic about.

First Zelda owned and completed? I think thats A Link to the Past for me.

My first Zelda is my first Zeldas, thank some grandparents willing to entertain their grandchildren with a variety of gaming systems, giving me access to all from the age of 4: the first LoZ and Zelda II on a revised NES model, ALttP, OoT, Link's Awakening DX. I think I even had for a time a copy of plain old Link's Awakening, no color, because I remembering playing the game with Slates in the dungeons, which were replaced with the Owl Head Statues in DX. Majora's Mask and the two Oracles quickly came into my childhood as well.

Of these, ALttP was the only one I completed for some time, followed by Link's Awakening, and then Oracle of Seasons and then Ages much later. I asked my grandma or someone else to "beat the bosses" for me as a little kid in OoT and MM, so I never beat them myself, although I might have fought a few bosses at the time, I don't recall ever fighting Ganon, but possibly Twinrova. I still haven't cleared Zelda II, I have the game on 3DS, and I made it quite far once, to the hidden palace, but I never got to finishing it.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, they've been popping up alot lately for me as well lol.

And it's usually from those who love XB1

I dunno, maybe I'm just to generous to look at a game like that. But yeah, the XC1 and XC2 fans are very much like the KH2 and KH3 fans haha!

Crazy... the lot of em.

22 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

holy shit what the fuck

how the hell is this game getting rereleased

now me and the 5 other people who cared about this game before can maybe play it with other people

I'd attribute it to SNK being oddly vigorous as of late and bought by Saudi Arabia for those who bring politics into their purchases. I'd think Capcom would've been dragged into this, I don't think it's the most profitable venture for them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My first Zelda is my first Zeldas, thank some grandparents willing to entertain their grandchildren with a variety of gaming systems, giving me access to all from the age of 4: the first LoZ and Zelda II on a revised NES model, ALttP, OoT, Link's Awakening DX. I think I even had for a time a copy of plain old Link's Awakening, no color, because I remembering playing the game with Slates in the dungeons, which were replaced with the Owl Head Statues in DX. Majora's Mask and the two Oracles quickly came into my childhood as well.

As I said, my first was Link's Awakening DX, on my Gameboy Color for the color dungeon, and it made me a bit of a fan. Me and my brother played through Seasons and Ages (both of us playing through one, and once both of us had completed the version we started with, we swapped), and the GBA remake of A Link to the Past (with that early difficult to access version of four swords that came with that, which I did manage to play a bit of back in the day...) got me access to my favorite Zelda game up until I played Majora's Mask. That amazing, and random promotional disc known as The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition, with all the NES and N64 included on it (we would get the OoT and Master Quest disc as well, but my brother played that a lot more than me, as he was more of an Ocarina of Time fan than I was) gave me access to most of the older games that I missed before and introduced me to the amazing Majora's Mask, which became my favorite of the series. About the only mainline Zelda games I missed out on after that were the DS ones (I was a bit scared away by the questionable touch controls on Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks), and I generally skipped the odd spinoffs.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

My first Zelda was... Ah, I think everyone knows by now, actually.

Well share anyway, some people don't religiously keep up with this thread (unless it is your favorite Skyward Sword).

Although I am no less guilty for over hyping a game I love. Well, a few actually. 

XC2, Tales of Vesperia, FFXIII, etc.

I will be first in line to tell anyone Yuri is the number one Tales of protag. 

Edited by lightcosmo