Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mocking Rankings and the Funds rank specifically I see.

I needed a money joke for that game, it was the most obvious one besides Farina.

(It also bothers me how it forces a certain style of play and units as a consequence)

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure how "didn't spend a lot of money and solid assets they had" gets a tactician acclaim, as Mark's variable ending implies. War is inherently wasteful of big gobs of money if rich pillage and conquests are not in the end results. Streamlining war finances and logistics is good true, but I'm not sure if making do without using an Angelic Robe you have already is actually being inventive, or just miserly stupid.

Because IO, Etruria and Bern are thinking:

48s05v.gif

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mocking Rankings and the Funds rank specifically I see.

I'm not sure how "didn't spend a lot of money and solid assets they had" gets a tactician acclaim, as Mark's variable ending implies. War is inherently wasteful of big gobs of money if rich pillage and conquests are not in the end results. Streamlining war finances and logistics is good true, but I'm not sure if making do without using an Angelic Robe you have already is actually being inventive, or just miserly stupid.

Wait......you lose rank points in FE7 is you use resources the game gives you?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, it's mentioned a couple of times. But still, they definitely make a point to emphasize that mercs get paid more than regular soldiers.

Regular soldiers apparently get paid even less then Derrick. And he lives on 3 boiled eggs per month.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Regular soldiers apparently get paid even less then Derrick. And he lives on 3 boiled eggs per month.

Imagine living on two boiled eggs per month and having to watch your boss purchase a dead deer's head for almost thirty thousand denarii, just because he feels like it.

Man, Reese is the worst...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine living on two boiled eggs per month and having to watch your boss purchase a dead deer's head for almost thirty thousand denarii, just because he feels like it.

Man, Reese is the worst...

So American capitalism?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just discovered that the latest CyL included the Thracia tacticians, as August and... Dryas.

Dryas.

I hope next CyL they change August to Moistas.

Dryas.

Turns out whereas Fire Emblem is a waifu simulator, Berwick Saga is a CEO simulator.

Can't believe Reese was Jeff Bezos this whole time.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes because it counts the worth of the items you have but if you use them you don’t have them any more, so less inventory value, so less funds rank.

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Because IO, Etruria and Bern are thinking:

48s05v.gif

20% discount on all units + saving lots of money = deadliest CO in the entire game.

If Colin were Mark, well first I sell everything and then use Gold Rush to increase my current Funds by 50%, I save my money and use Gold Rush again, and then I use the Silver Card to buy a lot of stuff for half price. And then I use Power of Money to OHKO the Fire Dragon with base Str Rebecca whilst still getting 30 Stars in Funds at the end.🤩🤑

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Huh, I actually liked most of the cast, even if they are kinda in "stereotypes" per se. 

But I respect your views on it, we have different tastes after all! 

I like Flynn, he's just always portrayed as being in the wrong. I like Judith, she mostly cool, Karol and Rita are fine. Estelle is generic, like Natalia admittedly, but Estelle has Special Girl toss on top of it and is an extra wallop of cliche unfortunately. Raven is genuinely eh to me, and Love Shot is not really good enough as healing when the game denies me Estelle. Patty, she is cute, her fishy language is fine, but it grows repetitive over time because she doesn't have a whole lot else. And Repede is good, albeit I kinda wish he did have a mysterious backstory.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Funds is a rank. Funds is combination of liquid assets, your Gold total, and the total value of your solid assets, all your weapons and items.

Therefore, the Funds rank cannot be cheesed by selling everything you don't use. Selling that extra Guiding Ring you don't intend for anyone to use is actually a bad thing. Because the Guiding Ring is worth 10k Gold, and you sell it for 5k, you lose 5k off the Funds rank by getting rid of it. Using an Angelic Robe on someone means kissing 7k down the drain. Every swing of weapon? You just used up money.

Therefore, if you pay attention to the ranks in FE7, you will horde most of stat boosters, promote as few characters as possible, and limit use of rare and expensive weapons. The handful of Arenas in this game are great because they let you print new money and can help with the EXP rank too, just be careful not to spend too many turns there to avoid hurting Tactics.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes because it counts the worth of the items you have but if you use them you don’t have them any more, so less inventory value, so less funds rank.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Funds is a rank. Funds is combination of liquid assets, your Gold total, and the total value of your solid assets, all your weapons and items.

Therefore, the Funds rank cannot be cheesed by selling everything you don't use. Selling that extra Guiding Ring you don't intend for anyone to use is actually a bad thing. Because the Guiding Ring is worth 10k Gold, and you sell it for 5k, you lose 5k off the Funds rank by getting rid of it. Using an Angelic Robe on someone means kissing 7k down the drain. Every swing of weapon? You just used up money.

Therefore, if you pay attention to the ranks in FE7, you will horde most of stat boosters, promote as few characters as possible, and limit use of rare and expensive weapons. The handful of Arenas in this game are great because they let you print new money and can help with the EXP rank too, just be careful not to spend too many turns there to avoid hurting Tactics.

This is the stupidest thing.

I mean, it doesn't matter too much because I tend to get good rank on the game anyway but damn, that's dumb.

Just now, Benice said:

Dryas.

Hahahahahahah... The sad piano probably fits the situation, but when the only context for you is Dry Ass it's just... hysterical.

Not gonna lie, I reacted similarly at first, but then I realized now I get to call him "Dry Ass" when he gives me bad advice, so it's not all bad.

Sigh... At least they respected August. They could've called him... I dunno, Ogos or something.

Just now, Armagon said:

Can't believe Reese was Jeff Bezos this whole time.

Crffuwhv o

Hahahahahahah... The sad piano probably fits the situation, but when the only context for you is Dry Ass it's just... hysterical.

Not gonna lie, I reacted similarly at first, but then I realized now I get to call him "Dry Ass" when he gives me bad advice, so it's not all bad.

Dryas is apparently the name of two phases of a specific natural historical ice age, which in turn are named after a genus of flowers, which in turn is named after the dryads, which are Greco-Roman tree nymphs. 

How about "Darius" instead? As in Darius the Great, the second great king of Achaemenid Empire of Persia (modern Iran). Although he was a man with no real claim to the throne, who had to invent an official story to hide his usurpation of the true heir. Not like he needed the lie, a monopoly over the use of military force overrides the need for a good story.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Crffuwhv o

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHH

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahahah... The sad piano probably fits the situation, but when the only context for you is Dry Ass it's just... hysterical

Kiryu comes through for me yet again!

Yep, that sure is low framerate Polygon Pictures alright.

In comparison to the Godzilla anime trilogy, this seems to have more life in it. But i can't see any promise in this.

Pacific Rim should've been a standalone movie tbh.

So this is what Twilitfalchion wrote about me:

“Your smile is like the radiance of the sun. The sound of your lovely voice rings as clearly and beautifully as song of a lark in springtime. The warmth of your touch is like the heat of a campfire crackling on the coldest of nights. Your beauty transcends both the natural and spiritual, and is something I adore beyond what words can express. You surpass anything mere words can convey, the standard to which all other objects of affection are compared.”

I’m flattered that he has such feelings about me, even though I’m already taken. Although I will say that everything he wrote about me is 100% true.

Edited by Wraith

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

So this is what Twilitfalchion wrote about me:

“Your smile is like the radiance of the sun. The sound of your lovely voice rings as clearly and beautifully as song of a lark in springtime. The warmth of your touch is like the heat of a campfire crackling on the coldest of nights. Your beauty transcends both the natural and spiritual, and is something I adore beyond what words can express. You surpass anything mere words can convey, the standard to which all other objects of affection are compared.”

I’m flattered that he has such feelings about me, even though I’m already taken. Although I will say that everything he wrote about me is 100% true.

You sly son of a gun. Bahahaha!

I'll never pass up the chance to do a bit of writing, especially when I'm being completely facetious. 'Twas a massive joke indeed. XD

Especially since I don't swing that way in the first place. 😛

Edited by twilitfalchion

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why is Nintendo pretending like fe1 gives Marth some in depth backstory?

Nintendo pretends FE1 is FE11, while simultaneously pretending that FE11 doesn't exist and FE1 is somehow relevant. Because Nintendo be Nintendo.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Nintendo pretends FE1 is FE11, while simultaneously pretending that FE11 doesn't exist and FE1 is somehow relevant. Because Nintendo be Nintendo.

And meanwhile, FE3 Book 1, the best gameplay experience, is just forgotten. 

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

FE3 Book 1, the best gameplay experience,

Ehhhhh I want to agree because Kaga Elitism, but I quit Book 1 out of sheer boredom, so... Yeah, I'll stick to Shadow Dragon, thanks.