• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

This thread is getting ever closer to a xenoblade thread. Almost the entire last page was about it.

I guess you die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. 😛

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

The only good thing that’s come out of this virus is that although there is about 2 feet of snow where I’m from in the U.S. because the children are working routinely from home they’re not getting any snow days off from school.

Snow days stop kids from going crazy and give them nice breaks.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This thread is getting ever closer to a xenoblade thread. Almost the entire last page was about it.

I suppose I now know how the Xenoblade fans must've felt back when the thread was mostly Berwick talk. I have no interest in Xenoblade whatsoever, so I'm just... Kinda chilling here, at this point.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Snow days stop kids from going crazy and give them nice breaks.

Hah! Tell me about it. I'm pretty sure it snowed enough to cancel school exactly once when I was in high school. That's what happens when you live in an area that's 500 meters above sea level.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose I now know how the Xenoblade fans must've felt back when the thread was mostly Berwick talk. I have no interest in Xenoblade whatsoever, so I'm just... Kinda chilling here, at this point.

I don’t feel anything about it, I just have nothing to say about xenoblade.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Snow days waste my taxes Sooks.

That’s not as important (imo).

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Although if it's without context, yeah, correct me.

...Then again, I'm a little paranoid that whatever I say will influence your perception of what will happen and your reaction thereto. So I'll leave you as is, because it leaves you more in the dark on the details.🙂

Also, there is an in-game phrase that isn't the "spoiler proper noun", that describes the "spoiler common noun", that the "spoiler proper noun" becomes. The phrase doesn't inherently tell you it is the "spoiler proper noun". But until you learn more yourself, I won't even tell you that phrase. Just sayin' there is one. I could think of "tells-nothing phrase" examples that you'd understand, but when you inevitably think of the context around those examples I give, they may for right or wrong, influence your perception of That Which Shall Not Be Described. So I'll bite my tongue on those too.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I guess you die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. 😛

Well that sounds like a pessimistic view of humanity. People Get Evil As They Become Older. Whats the solution? An Elixir of Eternal Youth, or execute all over the age of 40 for fears of betraying our species? Shall I begin the purge milord?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

MY TEACHER KEEPS TELLING US TO TALK AMONST OURSELVES AND NO LNE IS SAYING ANYTHING THIS IS GREAT

*SaizoxBeruka intensifies*

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eventually maybe sometime this year I'll get a PC that lets me Berwick, but you can enter cryostasis until then.

Although let me inform you, it won't be right away, Czene and friends are going to have to wait exactly one other PS2 game before then. I've got a higher priority.

---

I'm having a real itch to get a 3DS game in 2020. (And it looks like Stock of Wild Swings has it for $5 online.)

Spoiler

Banner-Monolith-Soft-20th-Anniversary-Il

I obtained visual contact after lazily not looking for it for a long time confirmation that the unknowns west of Mythra are PXZ's OC duo. Can't be popular because they got dropped entirely from PXZ2 and Kos-mos's Real Friends exclude I&II DS and she has spent as many games with them as her creator took the limelight back. But still, I've a desire to see my Monolog completed (barring Mr. Disaster: Day of Crisis west of Looks Like Crono (no offense to you Welt), too different genre-wise).

NGL, Endless Frontier aesthetically looks better than PXZ despite being one system generation older. And I've been turned off all these years by not knowing most of the characters in it, some of whom I never will b/c genre issues (Sakura Wars, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Tekken, Devil May Cry). I wonder how far I can get with a favoritism towards the NxC, Vesperia, EF, XS, and Resonance duo units...

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'm also running a bit low on dumb ways to approach maps.

I tried tricking the Ice Wyvern into attacking Gomez, but it turns out he won't attack him even if he is the only target in range. He will attack the slaver, though.
But at least I was able to confirm that Faramir is able to get to the town before Gomez can. Since Faramir is immune to critical hits and cripples, he should be able to reliably stop Gomez for however long it takes until others can help out. You just have to make sure the Wyvern doesn't go for him, which is easy enough to do with Provoke.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eventually maybe sometime this year I'll get a PC that lets me Berwick, but you can enter cryostasis until then.

Eyyyyy

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although let me inform you, it won't be right away, Czene and friends are going to have to wait exactly one other PS2 game before then. I've got a higher priority.

Dang it!

Honestly though, "Czene and friends" is a hilarious way of referring to Berwick. Should be Derrick and friends

31 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I tried tricking the Ice Wyvern into attacking Gomez, but it turns out he won't attack him even if he is the only target in range. He will attack the slaver, though.
But at least I was able to confirm that Faramir is able to get to the town before Gomez can. Since Faramir is immune to critical hits and cripples, he should be able to reliably stop Gomez for however long it takes until others can help out. You just have to make sure the Wyvern doesn't go for him, which is easy enough to do with Provoke.

I didn't know that. It's certainly a better idea than risking Larentia.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Probably worth noting that Thaddy can tank the Ice Wyvern really well if you managed to capture Riddle. The Wind Ring and the Kris combined reduce it's damage by 16. So Thaddy can survive 3 hits that way.

Now that's just amazing.

'Morning everyone!

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Czene and friends are going to have to wait exactly one other PS2 game before then. I've got a higher priority.

Yakuza 1?

Has anyone ever actually been assigned a good book to read in school? I have no idea what I just read.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

80 is not bad though

Yeah that’s true.

But a small part of me says “but other students likely got 100!”

I mean, I'm used to it. Years ago it was more of the same back in like, FE4Thread. Barring SRW, it all mostly stuff I didn't played. Though in some cases, not at first. It was the FE4Thread guys who made me play Ys, for example haha. And why I bought Sky FC... though I still haven't really played it lots yet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

80 on a Spanish quiz

OOF

Ahh, I remember back when I too thought 8/10 was an oof result. Then I watched all of my classmates get 9s and 10s by cheating and face absolutely no consequences, while my own marks tanked because of lack of motivation and interest, stress and disenchantment with the education system. After that I became perhaps a bit too lazy, but also much happier, so I can't say I regret anything.

School fucking blows, is what I'm trying to say.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yo aquí sigo con Crusader Kings, aunque no sea a la par de Xenoblade o Berwick.

Reyes Cruzados*

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I'm used to it. Years ago it was more of the same back in like, FE4Thread. Barring SRW, it all mostly stuff I didn't played. Though in some cases, not at first. It was the FE4Thread guys who made me play Ys, for example haha. And why I bought Sky FC... though I still haven't really played it lots yet.

Hahahahaha... I'm assuming this happened a while ago. Why did you buy a game to not play it?

...What do you mean, me? No, I totally didn't buy the entire Witcher franchise because my friends spoke highly of it and it was on sale, proceeding to never touch any of the games. Must've been like four years now, still untouched in my Steam library while I replay a FE for the billionth time.

Anyway, I feel you, man. I'd comment more about your CK comments, but I'm afraid I have no idea how the franchise even works, so I've not much to say.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What do you mean, me? No, I totally didn't buy the entire Witcher franchise because my friends spoke highly of it and it was on sale, proceeding to never touch any of the games. Must've been like four years now, still untouched in my Steam library while I replay a FE for the billionth time.

aJ6M2Fu.png

same kek

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now that's just amazing.

That reminds me...

Berwick spoilers inside.

Spoiler

If Sienna hadn't given the Nothung to Reese and let Volcens keep it, Volcens would've stood an actual fighting chance against Jacharam, allowing him to take a couple hits from Jach. He still would've died barring a Tumahann miss, but I think that's pretty funny, and also pretty sad. I guess it's a good thing, though, because it allowed Volcens's death to be swift. 

IMG_20210208_115408.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20210208_115410.jpg?width=768&height

Woah woah woah, wait what? Why is IntSys casually showing off updated Three Houses cutsecenes?

Inb4 IntSys copies Atlus milking strategies and makes Three Houses: The Royal.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

tenor_8.gif

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Namco x Capcom, i'm guessing?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly though, "Czene and friends" is a hilarious way of referring to Berwick.

I mean, he does have Czene on his badge.