Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

My character at the time of game ending:

07FHgQw.png

This is quite the lot of stuff to go over in order to explain, hahaha. Suffice to say, lots of save scumming was involved. Believe me...

LdTGUQl.png

And my heir. I got lucky in terms of traits, haha.

By Paradox memes, she's bound to get something like cancer and die young. But now that I reached the game's end, it no longer matters!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well yes, of course. I must acquire full Xeno enlightenment. I've known Kos-mos since about 2009, and the series's game genre is my preferred one, so I need to fill in this void when I get the chance.

I'm curious about the quality of XS attack animations. Because they've done such a good job with making Kossy entertainingly flashy in her side appearances, I wish to see if she was always that way. With XC2, Monolith has brought the wicked awesome attacks to Xenoblade, but I don't know if Xenosaga or NxC is where they first developed their budding talents at gratuitous battle choreography. If the latter, then I am inclined to believe the, at first indirect and then direct, possibility of influence from SRW was a positive for Monolith. Although I concede the Deathblows in the mother of all origins that is XG (not so much the Gear Deathblows, I blame primitive 3D limitations) are decently cool.

Well as for XS episode I... they arent too bad. 

Of course, imo, Jr. Has the lead for best animations in XS I.  Fair warning though, the game starts off pretty slow in terms of cutscenes. And it has pretty much no music whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Become a musician then!

Musician ain't really a career...

I'm mostly mad 'casue I am SUPPOSED to be smart at certain things and evreryone else in my family is brilliant, and I'm...Well, just me. I feel like I'm underachieving, since Socials is my strongest subject and I can't do better than 89%.

I also kinda feellike my brain is atrophying. I think that my grammar has deteriorated recently.

Edited by Benice

@Saint RubenioThanks, I hate you pointed me to some FEtuber. /s

Take this from a Demon's Souls video "Unlike Fire Emblem, which is supposed to be played by a horny AI."

Should we be compiling these insults about FE? Also it might have given my copy of Demon's Souls a chance of being played again.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

@Saint RubenioThanks, I hate you pointed me to some FEtuber. /s

Wha... what? I did what?

Take this from a Demon's Souls video "Unlike Fire Emblem, which is supposed to be played by a horny AI."

Ahahahahahahah! That's so true, honestly.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wha... what? I did what?

Ahahahahahahah! That's so true, honestly.

You talked about that Bopper guy.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm mostly mad 'casue I am SUPPOSED to be smart at certain things and evreryone else in my family is brilliant, and I'm...Well, just me. I feel like I'm underachieving, since Socials is my strongest subject and I can't do better than 89%.

89's awesome, man. Take it from someone who once obsessed over marks - don't. All the stress, the insecurity, the pressure... it's just not worth it. If you passed, you passed, and everything else is a nice bonus. Don't fret too much over this shit, it'll tear you apart Lisa. Just do your best, and don't waste your time and energy worrying about how your family's apparently "amazing" and you're supposed to be "amazing" too, because you're just you and that's perfectly fine.

Just now, Dayni said:

You talked about that Bopper guy.

Ahhh, right. Well, what can I say, I like the guy. He's the only FEtuber I'm watching right now. First one I've watched regularly since the time I watched a certain other streamer for no other reason than I found him to be an obnoxious asshole and enjoyed rooting against him and watching him make a fool of himself.

Anyway, I don't watch Bopper for a very deep reason, he's just a really positive, cheery guy in his videos and I like that. It's a nice break from all the cynism in this fanbase.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I don't watch Bopper for a very deep reason, he's just a really positive, cheery guy in his videos and I like that. It's a nice break from all the cynism in this fanbase.

Hell, he made me reconsider Demon's Souls, so credit is due for that cheery attitude.

As for the italicised: Is that aimed at everyone? Am I in this after all?

Hell, he made me reconsider Demon's Souls, so credit is due for that cheery attitude.

Well, ain't that nice? I haven't watched his non-FE videos, I'm afraid.

As for the italicised: Is that aimed at everyone? Am I in this after all?

Nah, not really. Nobody in this thread, really. We argue often, but this is far from a cesspool of negativity. I just enjoy Bopper because even when he's bashing a FE that he doesn't like he does it in a cheerful way. Unlike me, who writes four paragraphs of bile every time someone utters the words "Three Houses."

Okay, used the fan converter, and...

SLI4Uij.png

There we go. Though, hmm, I might go and tweak some things. Like the name. I think we're past using Hispania at this point I'd say...

Well, I might not actually start going through EUIV right away. I'd first need... to really look up how it all works, hahaha.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, not really. Nobody in this thread, really. We argue often, but this is far from a cesspool of negativity. I just enjoy Bopper because even when he's bashing a FE that he doesn't like he does it in a cheerful way. Unlike me, who writes four paragraphs of bile every time someone utters the words "Three Houses."

>The time I let fly on my dislike for Jahn

>Multiple enemies during my Tellius log.

>The Anankos rant.

....... Yeah, no I'm pretty sure I'm in this picture.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think that'll cover most of the PS2 games I want to try. I would consider the Iris trilogy as a gateway into Atelier, though I expect datedness (mostly from menus and inventories regarding alchemic management, my gut instinct says warns me they'll be tedious) that might be a turnoff.

From what i've read of the Iris trilogy, it's crafting is actually incredibly simple since the trilogy is much more like a normal RPG. I don't see anything that can be particularly troublesome apart from the third game having time-limits in the dungeons but the crafting simplicity might work in it's favor in regards to it's older age.

Your other PS2 entry options could be the Mana Khemia duology (well the first is also on PSP) which is closer to what Atelier is usually like. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm curious about the quality of XS attack animations.

Episode III has the best animations, i don't recall that much from Episode I and II tho.

Episode III is also when mech animations began to look cool.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

1st of January, 1453AD. That's the end point of the game.

I know that's like around the time frame that saw the shift from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance but is there any particular reason why 1453 is the endpoint?

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>The time I let fly on my dislike for Jahn

>Multiple enemies during my Tellius log.

>The Anankos rant.

....... Yeah, no I'm pretty sure I'm in this picture.

Dude if you're in this picture, I'm pretty sure I'm center star with all my paragraphs hating on half the series. Don't worry about it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I know that's like around the time frame that saw the shift from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance but is there any particular reason why 1453 is the endpoint?

It does have the point in it's favour as the year the Byzantine Empire fell and the end of the Hundred Years' war.

But beyond that, the decades before that point are considered to be where the conditions leading to it are building up. Someone who's got a knowledge of art history could probably make a better point pointing out when different styles start cropping up for instance.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It does have the point in it's favour as the year the Byzantine Empire fell and the end of the Hundred Years' war.

Ah, i see.

Having the Hundred Years' War be the "endgame" does make sense. 

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude if you're in this picture, I'm pretty sure I'm center star with all my paragraphs hating on half the series. Don't worry about it.

The backing music.

"...unique combination of angst, hair and statistics." Been a few (like, 2 actual videos) videos and already we might need the compilation video for him alone.

I got sent the class offerings for Freshmen next year, to actually register you know, and it’s literally just a bunch of accented letters, random symbols and white boxes. Why?

Just found out that doing your taxes is primarily an American thing and that European countries will usually just file your taxes for you.

America living in the stone age once again.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ah, i see.

Having the Hundred Years' War be the "endgame" does make sense. 

Late for this, but yeah, the Fall of Byzantium tends to be the more generally accepted event that signals the end of the Middle Ages.

Though for others it's just one factor of many. The Hundred Years' War, the War of the Roses, Columbus' Voyage, are other points considered the endpoint.

For its worth, EUIV itself has its starting point as November 1444AD, likely to cover the transitioning period as well, covering all its bases.

Like I said, I'll blame the Julian-to-Gregorian calendar transition going from 1453 in CKII to 1444 in EUIV. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

America living in the stone age once again.

I’m not surprised at all.

I don’t know anything about filing taxes though, why can’t the U.S. do it for you and other countries can?