Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Which part? I’m sorry to read that.

Being more at home.

Since it was after finishing my bachelor's and trying to find a job.

It's okay. My life sucks, but I'm used to it already.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Being more at home.

Since it was after finishing my bachelor's and trying to find a job.

Oh, okay. You got a second interview though! I’ve never applied for a job, but I’m pretty sure that’s a good sign. Be prepared for that!

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's okay. My life sucks, but I'm used to it already.

Yeah I understand.

@Interdimensional Observer

Lightning Waltz is on of Jin's specials in Xenosaga III as well.

Phoenix Strike might be chaos, but I'm unsure on that one. 

Edit: derp,  its chaos' first special in Xenosaga III. Just remembered that, lol.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@Interdimensional Observer

Lightning Waltz is on of Jin's specials in Xenosaga III as well.

Phoenix Strike might be chaos, but I'm unsure on that one. 

Edit: derp,  its chaos' first special in Xenosaga III. Just remembered that, lol.

Thank you. So with Momo tagging around, that means there is a nod towards most of the playable XS cast in Exceed. Not exactly full-fledged inclusion, but the little things help.

As a random "gift".:

Spoiler

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Pre-final battle talk of taking a dip in a hot spring, the XS trio snippet of the banter. I don't think I posted these images before.

The actual bathing itself is skipped over, they could've gone crazy with that, considering the heroes number 15 females and 7 males. But thank goodness they didn't.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The actual bathing itself is skipped over, they could've gone crazy with that, considering the heroes number 15 females and 7 males. But thank goodness they didn't.

You say that, but Project X Zone 2 (which is effectively a sequel to this game) does have a hot spring scene...

Edited by Lightchao42

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

You say that, but Project X Zone 2 (which is effectively a sequel to this game) does have a hot spring scene...

Thank you for the warning. I'm am unaware of that game's antics, barring overhearing once about a Phoenix Wright courtroom parody with a colorful cast of jurors. 

...The Etrian Odyssey feeling of "you did enough, you should return to town to save" but then throwing caution to the wind and experiencing "you knew better!" *Game Over* never loses its sting. And never do I learn.

Just a little more, and I will finish this unfinished third playthrough of EOV. Get to the 30th floor, grind to about level 90, purchase everyone's ultimate equipment, and done it'll be for me. I might skip the Lamia fight this time, or tune it down to Basic as I did the final boss. I've gotten what I wanted, a full experience of the Phantom Duelist, Blade Dancer, Spirit Broker, Divine Herald, and Shield Bearer classes. It's definitely been the weakest of my three teams, the Blade Dancer supported by the Shield Bearer has been awesome, the Spirit Broker great for randoms. But the Phantom Duelist gave me a good taste of an EO dodgetank, and while it works, battles rarely gave me a chance for Lure to shine and there are fundamental flaws with dodgetanking that ruined it in certain boss fights. The Spirit Broker seemed terrible on bosses too without a trick, and that left my Blade Dancer my sole good damage dealer. The Divine Herald didn't get to uses its awesome Split Spirits with this setup either.

A few weeks from now, I can begin my fourth and final romp of the game, with the last set of Legendary Titles. Wilting Miasma + Binds & Ailments + Overexertion, means a repeat of my first playthrough, albeit with some differences that should be fun.

Me with Kaga FE/Saga.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I JUST GOT ANOTHER HECKING TWO HECKING RARE BLADES

Godfrey looks...Interesting. And Crosette seems funny, so I'm gonna use her.

Well Crossette is a guaranteed pull so there's no luck in that.

Godfrey is a "JUSTICE" character except he's insufferable so good luck.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you. So with Momo tagging around, that means there is a nod towards most of the playable XS cast in Exceed. Not exactly full-fledged inclusion, but the little things help.

From what I can tell, yeah. She also has alot of her own attacks, but I dont think I needed to mention that. 

From what i can see, she has none of Shion, Ziggy, or MOMO's special attacks.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Godfrey is a "JUSTICE" character except he's insufferable so good luck.

He wasn't that bad to me, though rather simplistic. He and Perun were a bit redundant personality-wise, she more serious, he more cartoonish, and I got her first. 

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He wasn't that bad to me, though rather simplistic. 

What nails the coffin for Godfrey for me is the fact that he basically does not learn his lesson. His whole Blade Quest is him assuming this woman is an evildoer but when it's revealed that she was simply acting in desperation for a good cause, he's still like "mmm nope, this is bad and she's a bad person and the world is black and white".

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What nails the coffin for Godfrey for me is the fact that he basically does not learn his lesson. His whole Blade Quest is him assuming this woman is an evildoer but when it's revealed that she was simply acting in desperation for a good cause, he's still like "mmm nope, this is bad and she's a bad person and the world is black and white".

Unrepentant of their flaw, got it. Kinda the same issue with Boze and his Xenophobia, although I sense "slavish imitator of the Far East" understandably adds to your criticisms of him.

I vaguely remember the Blade Quest of which you speak, just not the details. Dagas was da-gass to me.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So the ch8 choice is a bit more than just fluff huh

It doesn't.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kinda the same issue with Boze and his Xenophobia, although I sense "slavish imitator of the Far East" understandably adds to your criticisms of him.

That but I'd kinda argue that Boze has the Peri problem where characters are fine with him despite being against other characters with the same mindset.

Well I mean, Cross can call out Boze on his views, even choosing to prioritize the help of a Manon over whatever it was that Boze needed to do but Boze is still seen as "one of the good guys" by the game. Sure, Boze doesn't actually try to kill innocent xenos but he'd definitely be an Alex sympathizer.