Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And yet you like Three Houses's story? Hmmmmmm

Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude barely interact with anyone other than Byleth (and Hubert in Edelgard’s case) on screen.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And yet you like Three Houses's story? Hmmmmmm

I don't see Byleth as a black hole, honestly xD

The focus was much more on the lords, who i personally love haha

Maybe because i didn't recruit anyone during the routes?

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Could always be worse...

This is a trailer for an actual movie...

and it really is as bad as it looks...in many ways even worse...

This looks hilarious wdym?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, yes, I'm a filthy casual, I use the quality of life patches. Not all of them, though. As convenient as it would be, the ability to change the formation would break a couple of maps, so I don't have that one.

Damn, there's a Thracia patch that makes the game actually good??????

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

had to correct myself from saying Dorias.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes, there's a patch that doesn't make the player use esoteric means across multiple maps (that's strategy?) to sort out where units go in maps.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't see Byleth as a black hole, honestly xD

The focus was much more on the lords, who i personally love haha

Fair enough, I guess. I did like Edelgard and Dimitri, but I always thought their development relied on Byleth a bit too much for their own good. Like, c'mon, let Rodrigue be the catalyst to Dimitri's redemption. Why does it have to be Byleth being all special? And, of course, I've made my opinion on that other shitstain clear many times before. Three Houses would be much better if he didn't exist I swear And who does he think he is, stealing Claude's name? Reusing names for secondaries is one thing, but reusing names for main characters? C'mon IntSys, get a grip

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe because i didn't recruit anyone during the routes?

That's got nothing to do with it. Secondary characters in this game barely have any more impact on the main story than in any other FE. Recruits have none.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Indeed. I wish there was one such patch for Three Houses, one that could make me enjoy the game. But I suppose asking a fan to remove Byleth, add units to the tiny cast, fix the awful class system, tweak the horrendously unbalanced battalions, make the monastery only take as much time as Fates's My Castle, design a difficulty that isn't either piss easy or even more bullshit than Kaga and change every single map into not bad ones would be too much.

...How I wish I could love Three Houses, seriously.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yes, there's a patch that doesn't make the player use esoteric means across multiple maps (that's strategy?) to sort out where units go in maps.

I can't say I ever minded it too much. Usually I just roll with whatever the game gives me. By the lategame the game wants you to warpskip anyway, just grab some warps from 21x and fix the formation yourself.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh wow

that must've been kinda a pain, no? xD

Gotta check the E4 out to see this haha

From what I hear the next stream will be some time on Thursday. Keep an eye on @TheJrose11 on twitter, or Jross11 on twitch to be update on when next he streams.

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Poison Sting infliction & stallx300? I don't see this surviving the Elite Four.

A big part of itemless Weedle Solo starts for both the Giovanni and Rival fight was about strategically running out of power points to switch over to struggle (to either avoid resistances like Nidoking & Nidoqueens 4x resistance to poison, or kill dangerous enemies more quickly with its higher base power...), and a lot of hoping the enemy does what you want at the right times (to either keep HP high enough for struggle recoil, or debuff Weedle's less important stats, as the badge boost glitch will result in a12.5% increase in all of Weedle's stats when it happens...) and timely crits. Setting up the PP strategically will be extremely difficult if that strat is needed for some fights...

Lorelei may be the end of it all as her Dewgong's "Smart" AI will cause her to repeatedly use Rest due to it being a Psychic move that is "super effective" against the poison type Weedle, so if poison stings can't kill before the next round of Rests with all crits it will be game over (as there is no way Weedle will have the HP to struggle her entire team...). If he can get past Dewgong the next major stumbling block will be the torture that is Agetha, as he can only use not very effective poison sting hits to hurt her Ghost pokemon (as they can't be poisoned by poison sting thanks to their Poison typing, and Struggle is a normal type move that doesn't effect Ghosts in gen 1...)

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This looks hilarious wdym?

The box quotes is "This is 'The Room' of Superhero movies" so that was what they were going for with that trailer. Then again the review they took that quote from also describes that movie as one that can only be enjoyed while high or drunk...

Hmmm

Before i start Torna i want to take on Rotbart. Revenge on Big Monke...

With BEXP i should get to lvl 85 or so, i think. I doubt i can take him on at lvl74

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

From what I hear the next stream will be some time on Thursday. Keep an eye on @TheJrose11 on twitter, or Jross11 on twitch to be update on when next he streams.

got it, thanks^^

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

FFFFF

Well, people do just cuss in regular conversation there.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This is a trailer for an actual movie...

Oh, god, this one.

The best scene is this: (Or, at least the first 19 seconds.)

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Considering you could rearrange starting positions in FE3 (i'm pretty sure you could), not being able to do so in FE5 is the classic Judgral case of changing something that didn't need changing *cough* pawn shop *cough*.

Unless i'm wrong and you couldn't rearrange until FE6.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Revenge on Big Monke...

Defeating Rotbart be like

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Considering you could rearrange starting positions in FE3 (i'm pretty sure you could), not being able to do so in FE5 is the classic Judgral case of changing something that didn't need changing *cough* pawn shop *cough*.

I still don't understand the choice to remove deployment control in Thracia, but at least with the mechanics around trading and item/money management I think it makes a degree of sense. The idea being that they specifically own those items they have. Now, I can get people being annoyed by it, but it's not illogical to me.

And yes, you can rearrange in BB, in the map screen too (press B in the main prep menu)

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I still don't understand the choice to remove deployment control in Thracia

You guys are mistaken, Mystery doesn't allow you to arrange your formation either. I mean, there's a way, but if that counts then so does Thracia's way, because they're equally cumbersome. Proper rearranging wasn't a thing until FE6 TearRing Saga.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You guys are mistaken, Mystery doesn't allow you to arrange your formation either. I mean, there's a way, but if that counts then so does Thracia's way, because they're equally cumbersome. Proper rearranging wasn't a thing until FE6 TearRing Saga.

You can move units around in the formation screen, the issue being that you can't freely choose the place. Same with SD and Gaiden. There's a list on FEWoD's maps for those games.

Thracia doesn't allow even that.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

You can move units around in the formation screen, the issue being that you can't freely choose the place. Same with SD and Gaiden. There's a list on FEWoD's maps for those games.

Thracia doesn't allow even that.

You make Mystery's system sound too easy. You can't move units around in the formation, they move automatically when selected and de-selected. To move a couple units you have to fidget around endlessly, and it's all too easy to screw up elsewhere and move someone else to the wrong place. It's slightly less terrible than Thracia, where it depends on the units deployed, but it's still really cumbersome and bad.

Of course, the real kicker is that Mystery doesn't pull "split up your army" shenanigans nearly as often as Thracia.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You make Mystery's system sound too easy. You can't move units around in the formation, they move automatically when selected and de-selected. To move a couple units you have to fidget around endlessly, and it's all too easy to screw up elsewhere and move someone else to the wrong place.

Cumbersome, but can actually move them at all.

Again, Thracia doesn't allow it at all without undeploying units who you might actually want to use in the map.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

but at least with the mechanics around trading and item/money management I think it makes a degree of sense. The idea being that they specifically own those items they have. Now, I can get people being annoyed by it, but it's not illogical to me.

I mean, i'm sort of ok with individual money but the pawn shop just unnecessarily makes a process take longer than it should.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And yes, you can rearrange in BB, in the map screen too (press B in the main prep menu)

I know you can, i was asking about FE3.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You guys are mistaken, Mystery doesn't allow you to arrange your formation either. I mean, there's a way, but if that counts then so does Thracia's way, because they're equally cumbersome.

Alternitavely, FE3 is a simple game so it's not like it needed it.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''My friend may be dying and the weapon i have could help him, but eh, let him die instead''

"If i don't get paid, i ain't giving him the life-saving equipment".

Wait that's just America.

There's a list on FEWoD's maps for those games.

*Goes on site*

Miercoles, es Serenes Forest pero en Español. Que fino.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Again, Thracia doesn't allow it at all without undeploying units who you might actually want to use in the map.

I suppose you got a point there. My point wasn't really that Mystery is worse than Thracia in this aspect, it was that there wasn't proper formation arranging until Binding Blade. Sure, in  Mystery it can sorta be done, but it's so annoying and time-consuming, most of the time it's not even worth doing.

Just now, Armagon said:

Alternitavely, FE3 is a simple game so it's not like it needed it.

Yes, absolutely. And that is exactly why I quit FE3: It's so simple and easy, it's boring.

Big Monkey defeated!

And without Bexp (at lvl 74)

With Custom difficulty settings (1.5 HP, 1.25x atk and atk speed)

"We were awesome!" -Rex

Coffee with milk stronk xD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"If i don't get paid, i ain't giving him the life-saving equipment".

Wait that's just America

There's this crack theory that the jugdral war is just a pawnshop conspiracy xD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not really, actually. It's the place to go to for maps. Their maps are awesome, really thorough. Serenes cannot compete in that aspect. Also, you can set it to English. Translation's not great, but it suffices.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And without Bexp (at lvl 74)

With Custom difficulty settings (1.5 HP, 1.25x atk and atk speed)

Isn't it great being able to fight without level penalties getting in the way?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really, actually. It's the place to go to for maps. Their maps are awesome, really thorough. Serenes cannot compete in that aspect. Also, you can set it to English. Translation's not great, but it suffices.

I did see there were forums at least. Appeared to be decently active too going by the dates on the recent messages.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose you got a point there. My point wasn't really that Mystery is worse than Thracia in this aspect, it was that there wasn't proper formation arranging until Binding Blade. Sure, in  Mystery it can sorta be done, but it's so annoying and time-consuming, most of the time it's not even worth doing.

To recorrect myself, the fact you can do so still sadly requires you to possibly plant extra units in.

But considering it's MotE, there's still less stress involved in that than in Thracia.

I know you can, i was asking about FE3.

My mistake.

Not in the map, a definite missed opportunity.

*Goes on site*

I found it linked on SF back when I was first playing Thracia, definite help then and they've expanded their translated stuff since to a great degree.

It's a bit better than SF in terms of guides for maps but I tend to prefer SF when looking for basic information about things independent of contexts/guides. I'd wish they were more open to accepting contributions from people when it came to modern FE, the times are changing and others are out there.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's this crack theory that the jugdral war is just a pawnshop conspiracy xD

Even Manfroy was just a pawn.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

People have been doing that since grade 5...

Well yeah, same here. (Actually, middle school was more swear-heavy than high school has been so far.) I suppose I'm just trying to say "If you've hearda middle school you've heard more swears than are in Yakuza 0."