• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Legit surprised there's not much discussion of DLC added music in FE specifically and I don't think beyond it either outside Smash.

I mean, the music discussion's a bit quiet on SF right now but still.

Spoiler

Turns out the random track is my preference (Partly because Shackled Wolves isn't all that great for it's first minute and kinda fades on the third minute too and At What Cost? seems similar enough to the SS theme but it feels somewhat muted and the chanting after the first minute's doesn't work as well as the first minute.) There's the good point the sound balancing leaves elements lower than they probably should be in both, it's also true for tracks other than these, just feel At What Cost's the worst for it. Coming back to Corridor of the Tempest, I actually feel like it could be considered generic sure, but honestly I feel like it's still strong in that regard, not every track is supposed to be Between Heaven and Earth and be this MASSIVE bombast for that one moment. And yes, if 3H's is any hint towards FE going for a Sci-Fan title on the next new game, let's see it, took them a lot longer than FF to go all out on it, but still.

We don't discuss Thunder tracks here. If someone feels like trying to prove me wrong about that for the entire game, you can try. Try being the operative word.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Isn't it still like a 30  hour game? That isn't short enough for a race haha

It should take you much less than that, especially if you've played it as many times as I have! Xd

I'd say that 30 hours is if you do most the games content. 

I was also considering not watching every scene as well. 

Huh, doing better than I thought in Science.

...Which is tosay 67%, which is still absolute garbo. But hey, better than the 58% I thought I was getting.

EDIT: Getting 78% on the test is all right. A lot lower than I usually aim for, (I aways want 100% on everything...) but a huge step up from 60%.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Aren't the games kinda too big for a race xD

Seeing speedruns of big games is kinda funny, since there is sometimes a lot you can get away with.

Edited by Benice

I wouldn't consider that long at all! Xd 

Perfectly doable for anyone!

Even a little later is still easily possible for anyone who has decent knowledge of the game.

Edited by lightcosmo

Well, as I said, for anyone that has knowledge of the game, its your first time! That's different! 

You dont know the best options yet!

But for someone like me, who's played it alot, I have no excuses to take that long, haha.

Besides, anyone can do it, I firmly believe that.

Hell, there are tons of things I can name that I never thought I could do. 

KH3 DLC,

Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission Speedruns and perfecting shine sparking.

SSBPM teying to perfect wavedash/dashdancing. 

The list goes on.

I put in alot of effort, and now I can do them fairly well. 

Edited by lightcosmo

That moment when the primary money maker for your family is put out of work for something that isN’T even their fault  so you and your family have to rely on the other money maker who doesn’t make enough for four people but that’s okay because you can just spread things a little thin even though you have very little money at home at all but oh wait a family member tests positive for COVID so now you have to quarantine for two weeks and have basically no money.

Ah...

Edit: I TYPED IS INSTEAD OF ISN’T, WHICH IS WHAT I MEANT TO TYPE, IT ISN’T HER FAULT!

Edited by Sooks

49 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hide contents

This is nice.

49 minutes ago, Dayni said:

We don't discuss Thunder tracks here. If someone feels like trying to prove me wrong about that for the entire game, you can try. Try being the operative word.

Aren’t those the ones that play during battle animations? Those ones are usually better!

*listens to the Shackled Wolves version because you mentioned Shackled Wolves earlier*

....oh....

Just now, Sooks said:

That moment when the primary money maker for your family is put out of work for something that is even their fault  so you and your family have to rely on the other money maker who doesn’t make enough for four people but that’s okay because you can just spread things a little thin even though you have very little money at home at all but oh wait another family member tests positive for COVID so now you have to quarantine for two weeks and have basically no money.

Ah...

...Nothing I say could possibly express the sympathy you deserve. But still, I offer what sympathy I can.

The world needs to get better.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Aren’t those the ones that play during battle animations? Those ones are usually better!

*listens to the Shackled Wolves version because you mentioned Shackled Wolves earlier*

....oh....

Honestly, in 3H I can't think of a single one that is all that good, never mind enhancing the Rain versions of the track. This isn't like Awakening or Fates in that regard at all (See Alight for a great example).

The one from the final map of SS is honestly such a awful track it's one of the worst in the series. Like, uniquely bad. I might on full refection rank it lower than anything I'd thought would be there before and there are some tracks that cut deep for me.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That moment when the primary money maker for your family is put out of work for something that is even their fault  so you and your family have to rely on the other money maker who doesn’t make enough for four people but that’s okay because you can just spread things a little thin even though you have very little money at home at all but oh wait another family member tests positive for COVID so now you have to quarantine for two weeks and have basically no money.

Ah...

It's an awful situation, terrible to hear it happening for you. I can assume you're not getting much if any assistance for having to go into quarantine, right? Do you know any avenues your family could pursue in all this?

(I don't know I can do all that much, considering the distance, so I apologise as best I can.)

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's an awful situation, terrible to hear it happening for you. I can assume you're not getting much if any assistance for having to go into quarantine, right? Do you know any avenues your family could pursue in all this?

No, none. And the only avenue I know of is being like those people who go on Tiktok asking for help with a gofundme or whatever linked and get tons of shares and likes for the horrible things people did to get them there, because boy is there a story behind where we are now...

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(I don't know I can do all that much, considering the distance, so I apologise as best I can.)

Don’t apologize for not being able to help someone far away! You’d be apologizing for the rest of your life.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That moment when the primary money maker for your family is put out of work for something that isN’T even their fault  so you and your family have to rely on the other money maker who doesn’t make enough for four people but that’s okay because you can just spread things a little thin even though you have very little money at home at all but oh wait another family member tests positive for COVID so now you have to quarantine for two weeks and have basically no money.

Ah...

Edit: I TYPED IS INSTEAD OF ISN’T, WHICH IS WHAT I MEANT TO TYPE, IT ISN’T HER FAULT!

Oh gosh...That's so terrible. I'm so sorry....

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That moment when the primary money maker for your family is put out of work for something that isN’T even their fault  so you and your family have to rely on the other money maker who doesn’t make enough for four people but that’s okay because you can just spread things a little thin even though you have very little money at home at all but oh wait another family member tests positive for COVID so now you have to quarantine for two weeks and have basically no money.

Ah...

You have my sympathies. I hope things get better for you, and your family. I wish I could do more than simply wish you well.

I’m semi mad at myself. I broke my ps4 controller charger the other day and instead of just looking for a ps4 controller charger I looked at the kind of cord and naturally ended up with the wrong one when in fact, you can just search for it and end up with a ps4 controller charger. Why didn’t I do that!? What is wrong with me?? That was ten whole dollars...

Edited by Sooks

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m semi mad at myself. I broke my ps4 controller charger the other day and instead of just looking for a ps4 controller charger I looked at the kind of cord and naturally ended up with the wrong one when in fact, you can just search for it and end up with a ps4 controller charger. Why didn’t I do that!? What is wrong with me?? That was ten whole dollars...

PS4 controllers dont last long enough for what you pay, sadly. And I dont think the chargers are much better. 

That's just another way for them to suck you dry at the end of the day.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Edit: Inb4 Rotbart's ultra Grandpa takes Revenge for what i did on him in main game. If he is in the DLC, that is...

There is a Lv.40 Gogol UM in Gormott. That cave the bandits hid in, to be exact.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Isn't it still like a 30  hour game? That isn't short enough for a race haha

15-20 hours for the main story, about 50 for everything.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That moment when the primary money maker for your family is put out of work for something that isN’T even their fault  so you and your family have to rely on the other money maker who doesn’t make enough for four people but that’s okay because you can just spread things a little thin even though you have very little money at home at all but oh wait a family member tests positive for COVID so now you have to quarantine for two weeks and have basically no money.

Ah...

I'm really sorry that this happened.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Honestly, in 3H I can't think of a single one that is all that good, never mind enhancing the Rain versions of the track.

I will never forgive the Thunder versions of the songs for removing the vocals of the final maps in CF, AM and VW.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will never forgive the Thunder versions of the songs for removing the vocals of the final maps in CF, AM and VW.

Frankly if they were amazing tracks that wouldn't be the worst. As it stands, why bother having them? Awakening didn't do it. Fates didn't do it.

Why did they even make those tracks? It is a mystery.

Edited by Dayni

Oh yeah thank you everyone expressing sympathy! It actually does make me feel a little better.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

PS4 controllers dont last long enough for what you pay, sadly. And I dont think the chargers are much better.

I broke the charger, but not the controller.

The only problem I’ve really had with the controller is drift, but it’s very minor drift and not on the level of say, the switch.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's just another way for them to suck you dry at the end of the day.

At least the charger was only seven dollars.