Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wat?

But like......the whole point of FE4 came from Kaga watching horse races and learning how that industry breeds horses and was like "I should do this in my strategy game" and now you're telling me that Kaga designed the game around not doing the thing that inspired him to make the game in the first place?

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

I don't understand Kaga. I don't think Kaga understands Kaga either.

Hey, hey. Don't lose your mind yet. Designing the game around the worst case scenario is a good thing. It means you don't end up with a Three Houses Maddening situation where a RNG-screwed Claude softlocks you at Reunion at Dawn.

If anything, where he dropped the ball was with the actual child units. He made them too OP and using them kills the difficulty. You could argue that that's also by design, they're supposed to be overpowered due to the story and the holy blood and whatnot, but still.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

and now you're telling me that Kaga designed the game around not doing the thing that inspired him to make the game in the first place?

How would the blind player know which combinations break gen 2? How may players would simply get one or two pairings only? Heck, how would the player know what's gonna happen in the story? Genealogy's goal wasn't to TH-Maddening you in Gen 2, but to tell a story.

I don't like FE4, but that part makes sense to me.

Edited by Benice

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wha... What? Please don't say things like that, even in jest. I refuse to believe that modern FE's tendencies were present in the good ol' days!

...What do you mean, incest? No, that's only a thing in Fates. There is no incest in Kaga era FE.

Ah yes, the first phase.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think Arden might've found his match. He and Aideen have fallen so hopelessly behind that they may actually build some love points just from sticking together as they play catch-up.

Me hearing this.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Pairing Arden with anyone? Impossible.

Very possible. You clearly don't know who I am. You tell me something like this, I take it as a challenge! It's settled, then. Aideen, you're going to love this!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, the first phase.

Hush, you! Hush!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Me hearing this.

The more you scream, the more you convince me that it's a great idea to do it!

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Btw, did you notice the "talk" option on a character's status page? Always check them after each conquered castle.

I did. Been checking it regularly. Wouldn't want to miss out on goodies, or love points between Arden and Aideen.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, hey. Don't lose your mind yet. Designing the game around the worst case scenario is a good thing. It means you don't end up with a Three Houses Maddening situation where a RNG-screwed Claude softlocks you at Reunion at Dawn.

Fair.

If anything, where he dropped the ball was with the actual child units. He made them too OP and using them kills the difficulty. You could argue that that's also by design, they're supposed to be overpowered due to the story and the holy blood and whatnot, but still.

Idk man, with how bad a slog FE4 is, I'll take anything to make the game go by quicker.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

How would the blind player know which combinations break gen 2? How may players would simply get one or two pairings only? Heck, how would the player know what's gonna happen in the story? Genealogy's goal wasn't to TH-Maddening you in Gen 2, but to tell a story.

I don't like FE4, but that part makes sense to me.

That's why the substitute units are substitutes.

I don't think it's actually that hard to pair off anyone unless you want specific pairings.

Although Lewyn/Sylvia is almost garuanteed iirc, people have to go out of their way to not pair them together.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Arden? You mean castle guard?

He hasn't guarded the castle a single time, and I'll be damned if he starts now! Might as well leave someone unworthy, like, I dunno... Quan. Yeah, that'd get people angry.

Although Lewyn/Sylvia is almost garuanteed iirc, people have to go out of their way to not pair them together.

I think that's Erinys/Lewyn that you're talking about, since they have a talk that auto-lovers them.

don't think it's actually that hard to pair off anyone unless you want specific pairings.

I tried to pair everyone and I still missed, like, 3/4 of the cast...

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Arden? You mean castle guard?

Speaking of, am I the only who never guarded the castle at all?

Come to think of it, Arden doesn't have any love points gaining conversations, doesn't he? He still got conversations with Fury and Ayra when they actually end up as lovers, but nothing that actually helps getting him there.
Even Dew gets love points from conversations with Aideen and Lachesis. Though Lachesis is the only one who he has a conversation with if they do become lovers.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He hasn't guarded the castle a single time, and I'll be damned if he starts now! Might as well leave someone unworthy, like, I dunno... Quan. Yeah, that'd get people angry.

Ethlyn cannot Quan-tify her disappointment in you.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Come to think of it, Arden doesn't have any love points gaining conversations, doesn't he? He still got conversations with Fury and Ayra when they actually end up as lovers, but nothing that actually helps getting him there.
Even Dew gets love points from conversations with Aideen and Lachesis. Though Lachesis is the only one who he has a conversation with if they do become lovers.

It matters not. I'm doing this, I'm committed. I am going to get those two married.

Ethlyn cannot Quan-tify her disappointment in you.

Hahahaha... perfect.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Pairing Arden with anyone? Impossible.

Actually, he gets a paired conversation in Chapter 5 with either of Ayra or Erinys.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I think that's Erinys/Lewyn that you're talking about, since they have a talk that auto-lovers them.

No it's LewynxSilvia thats the problem. You can just not trigger the Erinys conversation, Lewyn starts near Silvia when they join, and they have a high base and growth, so it's easy to leave them too close for too many turns and end up with that.

Speaking of, am I the only who never guarded the castle at all?

Other than maybe Chapters 2, 3 and 9, there is practically no reason to have a guard I'd say. And Return lets you snap one home at any time.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But like......the whole point of FE4 came from Kaga watching horse races and learning how that industry breeds horses and was like "I should do this in my strategy game" and now you're telling me that Kaga designed the game around not doing the thing that inspired him to make the game in the first place?

And then there was the point where Kaga apparently considered letting only one child per pairing randomly be born. Which is interesting... as a randomizer mod, not so much as the only mode for things. Not that it'd be hair-pulling to get one child vs. the other, but it could be a little screwy with your pairing plans.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't understand Kaga. I don't think Kaga understands Kaga either.

"There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self."
– Benjamin Franklin 

Random quote of the day.🙂

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No it's LewynxSilvia thats the problem.

Huh.

I had issues pairing them...

Hahahaha... perfect.

So the joke didn't Leif a little to be desired?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, he gets a paired conversation in Chapter 5 with either of Ayra or Erinys.

Erinys?

Oh I see, "Erinyes". Didn't think Hades would help me make sense out of those name changes.

Did Sylvia just say "I like it rough!"?

...You know what, I'm just going to pretend I never read that.

Now go and flash Sigurd. I don't even know what that conversation does, but if it gives any good goodies, I wouldn't want to miss 'em.

Just now, Benice said:

So the joke didn't Leif a little to be desired?

Not at all. It was quite the Finne little pun. I know that doesn't really work shut up.

I know that line was in the old translation patch. So I guess it was just left unchanged because people thought it was funny.

Edited by BrightBow

Sylvia just say "I like it rough!"?

We don't kink shame here.

Also says the one who named his file Pls_Step_On_Me

Not at all. It was quite the Finne little pun. I know that doesn't really work shut up.

There will be Quancequences for these bad puns someday.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Erinys?

Oh I see, "Erinyes". Didn't think Hades would help me make sense out of those name changes.

Come to think of it, just like how Fräulein (Rubinna) from Vesteria Saga was obviously a reference to Frau from Tear Ring Saga, I wonder if Frau was already a reference to Fury/Erin/whatever.

You know, green haired Pegasus Knight with a really misleading name.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Furies (Fury) and Erinyes refer to the same goddesses of vengeance. So the name change is form but not meaning. Although "fury" being an English word doesn't help, it would imply to many that she is angry all the time, which she isn't. And "Furies" well, my mind thinks someone would inevitably mistake it for "Furries".

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can’t ignore that the dark side has been part of Fire Emblem all along...

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Furies (Fury) and Erinyes refer to the same goddesses of vengeance. So the name change is form but not meaning. Although "fury" being an English word doesn't help, it would imply to many that she is angry all the time, which she isn't. And "Furies" well, my mind thinks someone would inevitably mistake it for "Furries".

I would imagine English speakers know who the Furies are.

Heck, I never even heard the name "Erinyes" before Hades.

Just now, Sooks said:

You can’t ignore that the dark side has been part of Fire Emblem all along...

"aWAKnINg RuINEd tHe FRaNcHiSE WIhT ANIMe! I wAnT A pURE, SeRiOUsAND NoT ANiMEGAME AGAIN"