Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

It's time to turn triangles into squares tomorrow.

I might have left it too late today.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You can’t ignore that the dark side has been part of Fire Emblem all along...

Sylvia could stand to not be so TMI.

Also Sylvia is one misclick away from Sylvis. I can't unsee it.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

We don't kink shame here.

Hey, I didn't intend to do that at all--!

Also says the one who named his file Pls_Step_On_Me

...Yeah. I am that man, aren't I. Well, I regret nothing! Ahahahahahahah...!

There will be Quancequences for these bad puns someday.

Arden's going to invite his lover to Aideener date or two.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You can’t ignore that the dark side has been part of Fire Emblem all along...

Hmph... F-Fates bad still.

Just now, Dayni said:

Also Sylvia is one misclick away from Sylvis. I can't unsee it.

Don't do that, I was trying to pretend that wasn't the case.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So you were cursed for longer than me.

Apologies.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Arden's going to invite his lover to Aideener date or two.

He should would be Azelous husband. And Aideen is royalty, so he'd be living in Lexury!

OKay not that last one is too bad, even for me.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

"aWAKnINg RuINEd tHe FRaNcHiSE WIhT ANIMe! I wAnT A pURE, SeRiOUsAND NoT ANiMEGAME AGAIN"

Do kids these days just say "anime" when we used to say "ecchi"?

Because of course Kaga's games are anime as fuck. The influence of Gundam in particular is quite noticeable.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was wondering if the two of them might actually have the same name and maybe Aethin just made them more distinct.

You know, similar as with Sanacia.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

He should would be Azelous husband. And Aideen is royalty, so he'd be living in Lexury!

OKay not that last one is too bad, even for me.

Bwahahahah... Ah, don't worry about it, man. They're all bad.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

tack her head on this!

Why, you...! Stop this at once! I demand it!

Just now, Dayni said:

I really don't want to do that.

This would be me after.

You bet your ass that'll be you! I'll find your house in Iran and get you! Now that's a joke 99% of the readers won't get. To be honest I don't get it either, where did I get that anyway?

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I was wondering if the two of them might actually have the same name and maybe Aethin just made them more distinct.

Doesn't look like it. According to the wikis (in plural, because the bad wiki has Sylvis's japanese name but not Sylvia's, had to go to the other one), Sylvis is シルウィス and Sylvia is シルヴィア. Notice the, uh... the little dot on top of the, uh... the this: ? That makes all the difference.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

That's exactly how I read it.

As you wish.

4yl1z5.jpg

Son of a-- you just made an enemy for life! I will chase you to the ends of the earth!!

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

No, they are not, at least if FFWikia has both names right.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

As you wish.

4yl1z5.jpg

#Spongebob Squarepants from Oh, my aching tentacles.

The Sylvia meme distracted me from posting my own meme.

L9mv03y0 o

Maximum meme has been achieved, folks. We did it. Arden has pursuit now.

Just now, Dayni said:

No, they are not, at least if FFWikia has both names right.

The dot, goddamnit. The dot makes all the difference. I'm sure someone that knows Japanese would agree with me!

Sylvia: シルヴィア (Shiruvia)

Sylwiss (Sylvis according to Aethin, who did nothing wrong): シルウィス (Shiruwisu)

That last character and second mark on the third, huh? (Sourced from FEWikia, for what it's worth)

No! What the hell, Beowulf!? Finn was right there with his heavy-ass javelin! What possessed you to believe that it was a good idea to go for Sigurd?!

In other news, originally I intended to have Aideen warp Arden to Heirheim, but you know what? I think I'll just cut to the chase and have them make their way to Mackily while the rest capture Anphony. So far they've spent like, the entire map together. I wonder how many love points that is... turn 20, for the record.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sylwiss

That's what the bad wiki calls her. Aethin changed it slightly because Sylwiss would've allowed me to call her Sylwuss.

...Actually, not me. Butterman, that bastard, he's the one that would've done that...!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's what the bad wiki calls her. Aethin changed it slightly because Sylwiss would've allowed me to call her Sylwuss.

Like I said, #Aethindidnothingwrong

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No! What the hell, Beowulf!? Finn was right there with his heavy-ass javelin! What possessed you to believe that it was a good idea to go for Sigurd?!

The behavior of the AI depends on the leader.

But I'm not sure if anyone ever did the necessary deep research on enemy behavior. Like, I wonder if it's directly tied to the leader's Leadership Stars or if that's independent.

Then of course there is the AI toggle that unlocks in the settings after beating the game once. I noticed a difference in behavior, but I wonder if that just means everyone always operates on the strongest AI or if there is something more complicated going on.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

But I'm not sure if anyone ever did the necessary deep research on this. Like, I wonder if it's directly tied to the leader's Leadership Stars or if that's independent.

Huh... That's a new one. Didn't know about this. Waltz was dead by then, so I guess maybe that's what made Beowulf go suicidal? Even in the successful retry, he ignored Finn again to risk getting adepted by Quan.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh... That's a new one. Didn't know about this. Waltz was dead by then, so I guess maybe that's what made Beowulf go suicidal? Even in the successful retry, he ignored Finn again to risk getting adepted by Quan.

The main difference between "bad" and "good" AI seems to be their willingness to gang up on vulnerable targets.

Then there is certain other behavior, like Leaders retreating to gain reinforcements from their home castle, which I suppose could also be connected to that system.

Edited by BrightBow

Btw, Leadership Star bonuses are also a bit weird.

The 1st Star doesn't actually give you anything. It just helps you recognize the leader. The 2nd Star gives +10% Hit/Avoid. Every additional star gives another +10%.
So 2 stars give you +10%, 3 stars give you +20%, 4 stars give you +30%, etc...

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The main difference between "bad" and "good" AI seems to be their willingness to gang up on vulnerable targets.

Then there is certain other behavior, like Leaders retreating to gain reinforcements from their home castle, which I suppose could also be connected to that system.

Huh... How interesting. Didn't know this game's AI was so intricate. I guess the whole "clever AI" thing wasn't just a meme.

Anyway, I've made it to Mr. Potato. That means Macbeth. The way things are looking, I might beat him and seize before Arden and Aideen make it halfway to Mackily. Pfft!

...Speaking of, I just noticed. Why the hell is there a random Mackily armor knight trapped in the middle of the mountain ridge?