Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That was right! 30 out of 30! 

Congrats!

Thank you, I’ve always been bad with those types of questions.

That's all right, just ask away if you need.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

They fucking murdered Wario.

45 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And they said 2019 for the West for Rune Factory 4S and then we got it in 2020.

XSeed is known, at least recently, for just sitting on their asses. Granblue Fantasy Versus' Asian version (not the Japanese version) released the same day as the Japanese version, was fully translated in English, complete with English voice acting. And yet the Western versions weren't released until a month later, despite a version of the game already being out with a full English localization.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I definitely think DLC characters being more powerful on average is intentional. 

This is true in Smash 4 but Ultimate has been much better about.

If we look at the DLC newcomers in Smash 4 (specifying here because the returning veteran characters were more balanced):

Ryu was pretty good.

Cloud was very good.

Corrin was decently good.

Bayonetta killed the competitive scene.

And if we look at the DLC characters in Ultimate:

Joker has proven to be one of the best in the game.

Hero is mid-tier at best.

Banjo is mediocre.

Terry is pretty good.

Byleth is also probably mid-tier at best.

Min-Min is.....I don't know actually. 

Steve is probably mid-tier.

Sephiroth is decently good, I think.

Pyra and Mythra literally just came out so it's too early to tell but Mythra is (I'm pretty sure) the fastest swordie in the game and Pyra's Up-B is one of, if not the best out-of-shield move in the game. Pyra herself is probably lower on the tier-list, probably uhhhhhhh, B-tier. Just a guess.

So I'd say that compared to Smash 4, the DLC balancing has been more fair, i guess. Even Joker isn't Smash 4 Bayonetta-tiers of broken.

Of course, Ultimate is also a game where characters who were doodoo dogshit in the previous games are actually somewhat decent. Case in point: Zelda. If you had told me before Ultimate's release that I would be maining Zelda of all people, I would've laughed at you.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Frankly, it's just their hypersexualized designs that irk me.

Yeah that's a common criticism of their designs, don't worry. I disagree but mainly because my definition of "over/hypersexualization" is probably different than yours at least and Pyra and Mythra don't really match that, even if they are revealing.

But it also helps that Pyra and Mythra are some of my favorite characters ever so what they look like is just trivial.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, that guy has no idea how to talk to women.

He's just a lovable dork sometimes.

Says it's part of a Salvager's Code but he's absolutely making them up as he goes along lol.

As for the voice acting itself.....yeah some of the delivery can be awkward at times but I love it. British (including variants), Scottish, Welsh, Aussie and American accents all in one game. Each of the countries in the game gets an accent applied to them, which is a really neat touch.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

XSeed is known, at least recently, for just sitting on their asses. Granblue Fantasy Versus' Asian version (not the Japanese version) released the same day as the Japanese version, was fully translated in English, complete with English voice acting. And yet the Western versions weren't released until a month later, despite a version of the game already being out with a full English localization.

Asian English translations aren't exactly the same quality as North American/European/Aussie & Kiwi English translations. The infamous Sword Art Online game example comes to mind. But for something less egregious, I checked out Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Moon Dwellers, solely Haken's attacks because I wanted to see how his new giant robot fought, and the phrasing wasn't horrible, it was perfectly comprehensible, but it could've been smoother. I was little disappointed because it undercuts his coolness.

And uh, I had an XCX thought that others might have had. XCX SPOILERS!.

Spoiler

It's ironic that Smash has blatantly spoiled Mecha-Fiora and Breath/Wind. There was no need for Smash to spoil them, there was no need for them to ever be spoiled to the masses. 

And yet, it is inevitable that Monolith itself will have to spoil True Form Elma, there is almost no way of not having that happen right away in X2, barring starting off in on a second crashed Ark Ship. But all that does is delay the reveal, which will happen the first second Elma physically shows up, because the ending makes it clear she isn't using her mimeosome anymore and confidently strides across NLA as she is truly is.

Let's blame it on Melee, Sheik was the original lady spoiled.

Sorry if I've said this before, but I already made clear why I was thinking this again.

"DK. A new character released. Time to get zero-to-death'd again".

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Asian English translations aren't exactly the same quality as North American/European/Aussie & Kiwi English translations.

While true, I did hear that the Asian version of GBF Versus and the English version are actually just the same.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Asian English translations aren't exactly the same quality as North American/European/Aussie & Kiwi English translations.

Yeah, that's probably gonna happen.

If Xenoblade X won't be proted to Switch, hopefully X2 can have an in-depth summary of everything that happened just like in Xenosaga. Perhaps even summerize questlines too. I imagine stuff like Professor B and the trash alien's Gods will be continued in the sequel. 

Rex looks really stupid too. Although the absence of neon colors most certainly helps a little.

I wonder why a "blade" would have a gender anyway. I suppose it makes me appreciate the design of good old Fi. Never really thought about it, but I suppose that's the point. A good design just feels right, so you never double guess it.
That's the nice thing about bad things. Without their existence, you wouldn't even recognize the good stuff as good. There would be no context for that sort of assessment.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If Xenoblade X won't be proted to Switch, hopefully X2 can have an in-depth summary of everything that happened just like in Xenosaga. Perhaps even summerize questlines too. I imagine stuff like Professor B and the trash alien's Gods will be continued in the sequel. 

When you think about it, not that much actually happened in the X1's plot. It wouldn't be difficult to summarize it all. Humanity fled Earth because aliens, crashed on another planet because aliens, met aliens again, befriended new aliens, fought evil aliens, reclaimed the Lifehold Core. The minutiae wouldn't be terribly relevant at first, though some of the little details I'm leaving out would matter sooner or later.

And on questlines, it would be great if Monolith found a way to continue and evolve a bunch from the first game. No need to reset all the minor NPCs and invent a new one-hundred of them with wholly separate quests. It'd be excellent writing if they could show continued growth and development of even the lesser people on Mira. One quest that comes to mind is the eclectic all-Xeno BLADE Squad, the Orphe, Ma-non, Prone woman, and Nopon team; another would be the Prone-human couple. More generally seeing how the green Orpheans reconcile with the Betaforms is another point of interest. And oh, Yelv.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And on questlines, it would be great if Monolith found a way to continue and evolve a bunch from the first game. No need to reset all the minor NPCs and invent a new one-hundred of them with wholly separate quests. It'd be excellent writing if they could show continued growth and development of even the lesser people on Mira. One quest that comes to mind is the eclectic all-Xeno BLADE Squad, the Orphe, Ma-non, Prone woman, and Nopon team; another would be the Prone-human couple. More generally seeing how the green Orpheans reconcile with the Betaforms is another point of interest. And oh, Yelv.

Yes, this is what I want. Xenoblade X is built on it's sidequest content. To simply start over in a potential sequel just wouldn't feel right.

At the very least acknowledge the events that have happened.

Of course, they might have to pick a canon route for the quests with branching paths and outcomes which is....a lot of them.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Of course, they might have to pick a canon route for the quests with branching paths and outcomes which is....a lot of them.

I'm 99.99% of the mind they won't be letting Alex get away with shooting three Ma-non dead.

Many quests usually have a happier outcome, the Alien quest will have to end without the woman taking a shower. I think there'd be a bad taste for some player if the bad options were chosen.

Definian Downfall would probably go with Fortun not being scrapped, as whiny and self-centered that mother computer is. If she attempts to stage another Definian uprising despite all hope being lost for that, I'm chucking her in a non-canon portal so Shulk can have fun.

Rise of the Blood Lobster...  do you give Blood Lobster what they want, or do you give them what they don't want? Because if you pick the latter, it actually means they could be at it again.😦

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Many quests usually have a happier outcome, the Alien quest will have to end without the woman taking a shower. I think there'd be a bad taste for some player if the bad options were chosen.

Is someone taking a shower the bad outcome..?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because if you pick the latter, it actually means they could be at it again.😦

Doesn't he go insane over that tho?

Is someone taking a shower the bad outcome..?

It is when contact with water causes the alien parasite inside you to hatch and take over.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Has DK always been as huge as he is in this game? I can't recall him ever feeling like he towered over Bowser and the other heavyweights in earlier games.

Or maybe it just gives that feeling because he towers over K.Rool specifically. K.Rool was far larger then DK in their own games.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Or maybe it just gives that feeling because he towers over K.Rool specifically. K.Rool was far larger then DK in their own games.

That could be it. Pretty sure DK was always that big in Smash.

Doesn't he go insane over that tho?

He was already insane by any definition, all the latter option does is make him more insane. I would like to think that would be the end of his life, dying due to starvation from madness leaving him uninterested in food, or that all the Definians and Prones around him would kill the writhing Earth-alien madman. But he is not actually killed in front of us in this option, which leaves the door open to Monolith bringing him back and worse than ever.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

They fucking murdered Wario.

He's all hands and no touch now.

Ryu was pretty good.

Cloud was very good.

Corrin was decently good.

Bayonetta killed the competitive scene.

And if we look at the DLC characters in Ultimate:

Joker has proven to be one of the best in the game.

Hero is mid-tier at best.

Banjo is mediocre.

Terry is pretty good.

Byleth is also probably mid-tier at best.

Min-Min is.....I don't know actually. 

Steve is probably mid-tier.

Sephiroth is decently good, I think.

Well, Ultimate does seem better about it. Though that's probably because adding a worse character than Sm4sh!Bayonetta would require a lot of talent.

Yeah that's a common criticism of their designs, don't worry. I disagree but mainly because my definition of "over/hypersexualization" is probably different than yours at least and Pyra and Mythra don't really match that, even if they are revealing.

But it also helps that Pyra and Mythra are some of my favorite characters ever so what they look like is just trivial.

That's fair enough.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Haha see, anime waifu with sword is OP. Garbage character and the death of Smash.

...What do you mean, my boi Luigi's had a zero-to-death combo since release that never got fixed? Preposterous!

He's just a lovable dork sometimes.

Hahahahah... Okay, the thick English accent on top of the wooden delivery and the default poses and facial expressions both characters have make this scene so funny. It's like a parody, except it's official apparently.

As for the voice acting itself.....yeah some of the delivery can be awkward at times but I love it.

Based on the two clips I've watched, the acting was a bit too stiff for my tastes. I hope the actors show more emotion in the rest of their screentime.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What do you mean, my boi Luigi's had a zero-to-death combo since release that never got fixed? Preposterous!

....You might have made me curious. 0-KO with Luigi?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and the default poses and facial expressions

Oh yeah, the models are like that for lesser cutscenes. The animations become significantly more high-quality in scenes where it would matter. You know the whole pre-rendered/animated cutscene vs in-game cutscene? It's basically that but it's all in the same engine, no pre-rendering.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hope the actors show more emotion in the rest of their screentime.

Oh they do, plenty of scenes come to mind. Rex's voice actor does admittedly struggle at doing good yells but he thankfully manages to improve on that by the end of the game.

The best voice actor in the game goes to David Menkin, voice of Malos (this name becomes funnier for us Hispanics haha), one of the main antagonists.

There are a few voices I don't have a favorable opinion on but this is limited to one secondary villain and two optional characters.

Just now, Dayni said:

The best voice actor in the game goes to David Menkin, voice of Malos (this name becomes funnier for us Hispanics haha), one of the main antagonists.

Is Malos the Otaku-at-arms or the chad? 'Cause I like the Otaku-at-arms.

Just now, Dayni said:

It was in the game at release, and all they've done since then is make it ever-so-slightly harder to perform.

Malos, one of the main antagonists.

Right, and lemme guess, his right hand man is called Traviesos.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is Malos the Otaku-at-arms or the chad?

The chad.

Oh wait, you're probably thinking of Mikhail with that.

Malos is still a chad tho.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right, and lemme guess, his right hand man is called Traviesos.

Haha I wish. Would've been funny.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh wait, you're probably thinking of Mikhail with that.

I could have sworn that the Otaku-At-Arms was named, like, Talos or something like that...

But I dunno, it's been a little bit because school is beating me up.

And also Poppi.

Those Luigi combos were neat.

Also neat, the controller connected very easily. On Steam I'm able to force the colour to be green. Neat.

16 minutes ago, Wraith said:

My drinking music.

Honestly it sounds like I'm about to walk into a crime scene accompanied by long trenchcoated gumshoes.

No fox or wolf people involved though.

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Whisky on the rocks please.

I think I'd get rocks no whisky from these guys.