Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah Kaga first with Berwick, but he still had normal battle music there, not to mention game doesn't have traditional phases

Come to think of it, it's IS strange that this happens nowhere in Berwick. Even in Vesteria, there are maps where the map theme changes midway.

But then again, I also don't think Berwick has some dramatic turnaround happen anywhere that would warrant that kind of change.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Still, it's great how even all the way back in TRS, there was the option to only have animations play for major battles.

IntSys added the ability to skip battles by pressing start. Kaga added the option to only play animations for major battles.

My only question is, why in the world hasn't IntSys stolen Kaga's side of it already? Let's have both, goddamnit!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Me, a degenerate who kinda likes in combat themes:

https://media.tenor.com/images/4ad9926aa38a5bb7798cbd9436021f5d/tenor.gif

Hahahah... Well, I like them too, to be honest. When animations get tiresome I just turn on fast forward and that's that, but normally I like my detailed battles.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Come to think of it, it's IS strange that this happens nowhere in Berwick. Even in Vesteria, there are maps where the map theme changes midway.

But then again, I also don't think Berwick has some dramatic turnaround happen during maps that would warrant that kind of change.

Chapter 14.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They can be really good, but when they're up against a map theme like Clouds of War, not happening.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Blasphemy. I bet you have those janky-ass Three Houses animations on, too. Shame on you! I look upon you over my shoulder in disdain!

Actually, i do turn these off as well. Although the bigger reason is because the "thunder" versions of the map themes are often inferior. Especially the endgame.

Player phase:

Alright this is fine. It ain't a banger but it's comparable to GBA endgame themes, which i like.

Enemy phase:

This is just Forbidden Sanctuary the prequel, which means it's bad.

But you know, i think i'll still dock points. The player phase theme is fine but i don't think final map theme should be interrupted like this. Of course, i fast-forward the enemy phases so the enemy phase theme is just gonna be sounds but still.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Best thing modern FE did is removing Battle/PP/EP music change.

And they brought it back briefly for Echoes but at least it made sense there.

Future remakes are gonna keep the battle themes, aren't they?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

https://media.tenor.com/images/4ad9926aa38a5bb7798cbd9436021f5d/tenor.gif

Hey, the combat themes in Blazing Blade and Echoes are alright enough at least. But i still def prefer the modern FE way of doing it.

This is only for normal battle themes tho. Pre-Awakening FE had some banger boss themes (Sacred Stones in particular) and Awakening and onwards just had mostly amazing boss themes.

So this is a stupid post, and i suggest you skip it, but i will write it anyway.

I am gonna guess what some peeps fav. Fate character would be if they ever got into Fate which none of you will do, but let me have this post as a Fate fan.

• Armagon:
Spoiler

bcdf47399c7b485c5c0e62a9bfd96e47.jpg

• Twilit
Spoiler

fate-grand-order-saber-fate-stay-night.j

• Ruben
Spoiler

2795e829a072810bb7f4382b19560ee6.jpg

• Benice
Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

• Sooks
Spoiler

Projection_magic.png

• Wraith
Spoiler

tumblr_nfppi88uaj1r0d0kko1_r2_500.gif

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, exactly! Turning off animations just goes against my nature, I'm afraid. I love those little sprites.

Same, but for me Music > Animation

xD

And Berwick Map themes were quite alot better than the battle themes imo

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

They can be really good, but when they're up against a map theme like Clouds of War, not happening.

Sad, but true.

Just now, Armagon said:

Alright this is fine. It ain't a banger but it's comparable to GBA endgame themes, which i like.

That's fine--

Just now, Armagon said:

But you know, i think i'll still dock points.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

So this is a stupid post, and i suggest you skip it, but i will write it anyway.

I am gonna guess what some peeps fav. Fate character would be if they ever got into Fate which none of you will do, but let me have this post as a Fate fan.

• Armagon:
  Reveal hidden contents

bcdf47399c7b485c5c0e62a9bfd96e47.jpg

• Twilit
  Reveal hidden contents

fate-grand-order-saber-fate-stay-night.j

• Ruben
  Reveal hidden contents

2795e829a072810bb7f4382b19560ee6.jpg

• Benice
  Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

• Sooks
  Reveal hidden contents

Projection_magic.png

• Wraith
  Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_nfppi88uaj1r0d0kko1_r2_500.gif

Spear Hector and Girl in Suit.

I mean, I do like girls in suits, but-- Never mind that... mind elaborating a bit? What are these two doofuses all about? Why would I like them?

Same, but for me Music > Animation

Well, fine. To each their own.

Weren't you the one who asked for a Vie extension in particular though?

Honestly though, I love Berwick Saga's battle themes, but even Fight to the Death doesn't really compare to the map themes. That being said, boss themes are fine, I think. Since they don't play all the time, they're fine to set up the mood for the boss fight. It's regular battle themes that can get tiring after a while.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, the combat themes in Blazing Blade and Echoes are alright enough at least. But i still def prefer the modern FE way of doing it.

I mean I have Judgral bias, so I'd pick those ones to be beside SoV, but that's me talking. We could also quibble Tellius, but that's getting off topic.

I'm just saying, if we go on form, 3H dropped the ball on in combat music, especially in the finales. ESPECIALLY on SS.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spear Hector and Girl in Suit.

I mean, I do like girls in suits, but-- Never mind that... mind elaborating a bit? What are these two doofuses all about? Why would I like them?

Girl in Suit is an Enforcer, she hunts dangerous magi and is quite the serious type.

Spear Hector is Irish Hercules Fate's rendition of Cú Chulainn (yeah, that one, the one from Irish mytholgy) and he is a battle nut. He is quite a badass, that even with a magical contract killing him, he still battles.

And he has the worst luck ever, which fits with you, i think xD

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Weren't you the one who asked for a Vie extension in particular though?

Boss themes are an exception, they don't happen every second

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That being said, boss themes are fine, I think. Since they don't play all the time, they're fine to set up the mood for the boss fight. It's regular battle themes that can get tiring after a while.

yup

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

am gonna guess what some peeps fav. Fate character would be if they ever got into Fate which none of you will do, but let me have this post as a Fate fan.

• Armagon:

I mean, black-haired girls are best so yeah.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's always been the case tho.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sad, but true.

That's fine--

Hey, I'm only docking points because they pointlessly threw in a bad enemy phase theme that interrupts the decent player phase theme.

It gets partial credit.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm just saying, if we go on form, 3H dropped the ball on in combat music, especially in the finales. ESPECIALLY on SS.

I can't remember the combat music in Three Houses and I think that says enough lmao. 

I will also agree that Silver Snow's final map theme isn't as good.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Girl in Suit is an Enforcer, she hunts dangerous magi and is quite the serious type.

Okay, fair enough.

Spear Hector is Irish Hercules Fate's rendition of Cú Chulainn (yeah, that one, the one from Irish mytholgy) and he is a battle nut. He is quite a badass, that even with a magical contract killing him, he still battles.

And he has the worst luck ever, which fits with you, i think xD

Does he have a ridiculous Irish accent? That would definitely make me like him more.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Vestaria has a lot of great themes. "Our Homeland" is probably my favorite, though.

I found it funny how Vestaria mixed stock SRPG themes with pure glory like this.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I found it funny how Vestaria mixed stock SRPG themes with pure glory like this.

I also find it funny how the game has a track called "Clouds of War II", and it's somehow not the one above.

I mean, it's a good theme. But it doesn't feel anything like the original Clouds of War.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does he have a ridiculous Irish accent?

Maybe in the english dub? I only ever read/play Fate stuff with japanese VA xD

That's always been the case tho

hmm

Not always

Like in some games i do prefer the battle themes but mainly because i hate map themes there

I mean, black-haired girls are best so yeah

Yup, definetly a TsundeRin person

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe in the english dub? I only ever read/play Fate stuff with japanese VA xD

Okay, okay, hear me out: Thick Irish accent in the Japanese dub. Think about that for a moment.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I can't remember the combat music in Three Houses and I think that says enough lmao. 

It's the Thunder versions of battle themes I'm referring to, alongside Wrath Strike and the overuse of DK's theme.

I will also agree that Silver Snow's final map theme isn't as good.

It's kinda alright on the map, then you go in combat and it just hurts to listen to this coming from modern FE, music's one of the things most agreed it was pretty strong on and that thing comes here to laugh at you.

For me, who played SS last, it certainly didn't help.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Vestaria has a lot of great themes. "Our Homeland" is probably my favorite, though.

Once again, Vestaria mocks me by not working at all.

That's actually great. I mean, I could make the point about midi in these years, but that and a somewhat longer than might be needed midsection the only things to mark against it for me. I say this not being as hot on Tearring/Berwick's OSTs.

Clouds of War II was also good, but definitely would need a change in instrumentation to help it.

Oh yeah, The Devoted is a banger battle theme. Problem is it's in a Tellius game, so you definitely aren't gonna play with animations turned on.

At least it directly made it into Smash.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Like in some games i do prefer the battle themes but mainly because i hate map themes there

Those being?

Just now, Dayni said:

It's the Thunder versions of battle themes

Oh. Well I've already mentioned how I think they're inferior to the Rain versions.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, The Devoted is a banger battle theme. Problem is it's in a Tellius game, so you definitely aren't gonna play with animations turned on.

I play with animations on though.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here is a fun fact: I played most of Tellius with animations on. I like animations that much.

Of course, I didn't hear much of The Devoted because I hated Ike's part so much that I ended up going against my very nature and turning off animations there, to make it go slightly less slowly. Soooo yeah. Whoops.

I don't think I fast forwarded through even a single one of Oliver's battles, though. That guy's theme is too good.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

On the other hand some FE4 map themes i consider Masterpieces.

Disturbance in Augustria and Eldigan the Lionheart are pretty damn good.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I play with animations on though.

Patience 100.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here is a fun fact: I played most of Tellius with animations on. I like animations that much.

So even though they lasted 10 million years and actively contributed towards your dislike, you still kept them in.

I gotta admit, that's comittment.

Here's an underappreciated tune from Vestaria's OST:

It only plays once in VS1, when the villager saves Haldyn, but it's a map theme in HSoS, and I like it. 

Talking about all the music made go and check my list on which games i consider to have the best OST around

wrM2rJy.png

Of course mostly Pre Ys8 falcom lmao

Disturbance in Augustria and Eldigan the Lionheart are pretty damn good

I like Augustria, but don't really like Eldigan, at all.

My Fe4 fav. however is