Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2768.png?width=557&height=432

I believe this is the map @Interdimensional Observer complained about a while back.

It's also the map I complained about. This map's just terrible. Warpskip is my advice.

Just now, Armagon said:

You know, if he was really that important, he would've been an automatic recruit and his death would cause a game over.

Well, he's not absolutely vital. He's just the best character in the story, who singlehandedly grants the Cult of Gerxel better characterization than any other evil cult in both its series and FE. But you didn't get to see it, so you'll come at the end complaining about how the cult was generic and boring, and I'll be very cross.

But at least I'll get to tell you it's your own fault, and not the game's. That might be fun.

...Sorry if I sound bitter. I kinda am, I constantly sing Zieg's praises and you go and deprive yourself of him. Urgh...

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Warpskip is my advice.

Already did. Empower Staff is very based too btw.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But you didn't get to see it, so you'll come at the end complaining about how the cult was generic and boring, and I'll be very cross.

I mean, I can just go on the Wiki later.

Although I don't know if one character would've changed my mind. Zieg being a very interesting member of the cult doesn't change the fact basically every other member shown is just generic demon worshipers. Shigen and Sierra are both former members and they're like "nah bro, those guys are crazy".

I will go more into detail on this when I beat the game tho.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2768.png?width=557&height=432

I believe this is the map @Interdimensional Observer complained about a while back.

Yep, thats le infame.

How exactly did Salia allow the approach to its sacred fire temple to turn into 100% poison marsh? Hard to believe ~15 years without a good monarch would cause that.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont kill my dreams!

They don't have to die entirely. All Monolith has to do is invent "OCs" named "Wei Ru Kong", and "Ellen Der Hausen". It'll work, not 100%, but close enough.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, he's not absolutely vital. He's just the best character in the story, who singlehandedly grants the Cult of Gerxel better characterization than any other evil cult in both its series and FE. But you didn't get to see it, so you'll come at the end complaining about how the cult was generic and boring, and I'll be very cross.

If Holmes still sees Zieg as a traitor, Zieg may still wax about his "good times" with the heroes. Which is the only scene there really is that characterizes the cult.

Just now, Sooks said:

And I will have space because I’m insane enough to do a no recruitment run.

Alright, so no recruitment means just the initial class, no Faculty?

That does sound tough.

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait would you recommend I push forward carefully or face enemies as they come?

I leaned towards pushing forward myself, though I could argue not being as willing to push into the woods north of your starting position as I did and let them get out of the woods first. increased vision will help you avoid getting ambushed imo. When enemies come out of the fog it's still early enough that it'll take more than one unit to clear them though.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think you said how you felt about maddening when it was brought up. Did you enjoy it?

I certainly have mixed feelings.

I was happy I managed to do it while actually using more than a few active combatants, but the consequences of that were it was by far the longest I played a route of 3H at 110 hours, though I recruited everyone and was using over 15 units (Only Marianne never saw MVP status and she was a dancer so she should have counted regardless). Certain maps were a chore (like figuring out how I could get units like Ferdinand (who I'd just recruited) exp and class mastery in chapter 12 was a dampener on a good clear of it, or finding ways to clear segments like certain reinforcements like in the Enbarr chapter), RaD is still a mistake, Gronder was actually a highlight (barring arguably dealing with Dimitri in War Phase, he was stupid fast for having no effective options on him). I used F!Byleth partly to make Sylvain not a chore to get for his paralogue and partly so I could get access to Darting Blow. Also, trying to get A+ before it was too late required an ungodly fishing session in Chapter 9 (longer than irl fishing sessions), it sealed my opinion that it's the worst fishing minigame in existence.

I was a pretty slow player (took 6 turns more than you on Ch. 2 for example), not helping matters. I wanted to put it in the Maddening Thread in the 3H subforum, but it was an old thread and would have been a necropost.

I would say that if it weren't for some of the things you have to do to match certain requirements and certain maps I'd be more willing to recommend it despite how bs the difficulty can be. Not for irnmanning through, 3H hates ironman runs.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although I don't know if one character would've changed my mind. Zieg being a very interesting member of the cult doesn't change the fact basically every other member shown is just generic demon worshipers. Shigen and Sierra are both former members and they're like "nah bro, those guys are crazy".

I will go more into detail on this when I beat the game tho.

Keep in mind I'm comparing them to other cults in the series. They're not amazing or anything, but at least there's a proper background and reason for why they're insane cultists. Zieg shows the tragedy of the Cult, a people oppressed by Reeve (the good guys, supposedly) and manipulated by Guenchaos for his own schemes. You can understand how things got to that point, something Kaga tried to do with Loptyr, but it's a lot better done here.

However, you missed out on the scenes that set all of this up, so the impact will be lost on you a bit. Plus, Kate is a really well-written character, but you erased her character arc, so she doesn't exist.

Oh, well.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Holmes still sees Zieg as a traitor, Zieg may still wax about his "good times" with the heroes. Which is the only scene there really is that characterizes the cult.

Without the first Kate scene, it doesn't work as well, I'm afraid. He'll say it came out of nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Runan really doesn't get a horse upon promotion, huh.

Nope, just a super cool suit of armor. Seriously, I love his promoted design, it's amazing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're not amazing or anything, but at least there's a proper background and reason for why they're insane cultists. Zieg shows the tragedy of the Cult, a people oppressed by Reeve (the good guys, supposedly) and manipulated by Guenchaos for his own schemes. You can understand how things got to that point, something Kaga tried to do with Loptyr, but it's a lot better done here.

Well the game does touch on this. I imagine Zieg just goes into detail. I will say I do think it's interesting how the Gerxel Cult basically corrupted the original Zoan religion.

I'll talk about this more later but I still just wish this game didn't have evil cult. Doesn't help that Gwen Nachos can be interchanged with any generic cult leader from Fire Emblem (except for Nergal and Lyon, the former on account that he's kinda like Palpatine in how insane he is and the latter because of the conflict).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the game does touch on this. I imagine Zieg just goes into detail. I will say I do think it's interesting how the Gerxel Cult basically corrupted the original Zoan religion.

Yeah. Again, not saying it's the pinnacle of writing, but the Cult of Gerxel is a step above all the generic "I'm evil because plot needs an evil faction" cults in FE.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll talk about this more later but I still just wish this game didn't have evil cult. Doesn't help that Gwen Nachos can be interchanged with any generic cult leader from Fire Emblem (except for Nergal and Lyon, the former on account that he's kinda like Palpatine in how insane he is and the latter because of the conflict).

Hahahahahahahahahahah.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!

Funny you should mention Nergal, considering he's a bad rip off of Guenchaos. No, seriously, I'm not even kidding. Call me a FE hater or whatever, but this is undeniable if you analyze the two characters. Their backstory and goals are virtually the same, except Guenchaos makes far more sense within his own story.

You just haven't seen all there is to see about him yet, but believe me - Nergal wishes he was Guenchaos, not the other way around.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Was there more than a season 1?

Yes.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Funny you should mention Nergal, considering he's a bad rip off of Guenchaos. No, seriously, I'm not even kidding. Call me a FE hater or whatever, but this is undeniable if you analyze the two characters. Their backstory and goals are virtually the same, except Guenchaos makes far more sense within his own story

Well he better damn impress me these remaining 5 chapters (I'm on 34 rn, side note, I can see why you brought this one up before) because nothing is doing him any favors right now.

Nergal, as I've said, has a sort of Palpatine factor to him, which gives him points in my book.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nergal, as I've said, has a sort of Palpatine factor to him, which gives him points in my book.

That invites a Darth Plagueis meme with Nergal as Palpatine, Renault as Anakin, his friend who died as Padme, Quintessence as the Force and/or Midichlorians, etc.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

side note, I can see why you brought this one up before

Just wait until you get to the boss. That's gonna be fun.

Incidentally, is Mintz deployed?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well he better damn impress me these remaining 5 chapters (I'm on 34 rn, side note, I can see why you brought this one up before) because nothing is doing him any favors right now.

Not gonna lie, it's going to make me very angry if by the end you go "yeah Nergal better" when the guy is the exact same character but worse.

...wait, why am I getting riled up over your opinions on the plot, I'm supposed to be the gameplay guy--

Incidentally, is Mintz deployed?

Yeah.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, it's going to make me very angry if by the end you go "yeah Nergal better" when the guy is the exact same character but worse.

tenor_8.gif

But really, we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That invites a Darth Plagueis meme with Nergal as Palpatine, Renault as Anakin, his friend who died as Padme, Quintessence as the Force and/or Midichlorians, etc.

On that subject, who would be Darth Plaguies himself? Brammimond?

Just now, Armagon said:

But really, we'll see.

If all else fails, I'll be ready to engage you in single internet combat. I find Guenchaos to be a pretty great villain, and I'll explain exactly why.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah.

Good. You can recruit the game's most worthless unit on turn... 14 I think? Something along those lines.

Good. You can recruit the game's most worthless unit on turn... 14 I think?

I'm not waiting that long on a map that is giving me RD Part 4 reinforcement flashbacks. Especially when I can bonk Ernst on the head with Narron here and now......after I get past this wall of Artillerymen.

I know I said I like to recruit everyone I can but nah. I'll make another exception here.

Just now, Armagon said:

I'm not waiting that long on a map that is giving me RD Part 4 reinforcement flashbacks. Especially when I can bonk Ernst on the head with Narron here and now......after I get past this wall of Artillerymen.

I know I said I like to recruit everyone I can but nah. I'll make another exception here.

RIP Hagar the Panther. Second playable Artilleryman. Which, I mean... Enough said.