• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I've gotten to Chapter 10 of HSoS now, and I, uh...

Gorzevalus 2.0

That is all.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ernst be like...

how do you turn this on
Ctrl+c
Ctrl+v
Enter
Ctrl+v
Enter
Ctrl+v
Enter
Ctrl+v
Enter
Ctrl+v

Hagar was when he accidentally pressed Ctrl+v twice, tried to correct it and deleted one too many characters by mistake.

Just now, Spara said:

I've gotten to Chapter 10 of HSoS now, and I, uh...

Gorzevalus 2.0

That is all.

Dude stop, there's only so much epic you can put into one game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tellius moment

Ngl, the reinforcement spam in this chapter is worse than in RD Part 4. At least Part 4 knew to chill it with the reinforcements after like, turn 10.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

zBkzNCI.png

LMAO Awakening by itself.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

more like Turn 25

Well ok, there are breaks in the reinforcements and if you managed to kill everyone during one of those breaks, you win.

There are no breaks with this chapter.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, the reinforcement spam in this chapter is worse than in RD Part 4. At least Part 4 knew to chill it with the reinforcements after like, turn 10.

RD part 4 didn't just toss reinforcements at you like they were a Spanish doctor prescribing antibiotics, they also made the objective of all those maps to rout, so you had to kill aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of them. And let's not forget, one of those maps was a friggin' desert. Here you just have to kill Ersnt, and then you don't even have to walk Runan to the gate, because he does it automatically.

C'mon. I know you're biased in RD's favor, but that's just not right. That'd be like me defending the swamp map because I like TRS. I like TRS, but when it's bad, it's bad. Chapter 34's not it, though.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

zBkzNCI.png

I'd probably put Berwick higher on the vertical axis than Awakening, simply because Berwick's whole war epic thing isn't something that FE does much, though it's not as radical as the other three in the top-right. Other than that, this lines up very well. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I'd probably put Berwick higher on the vertical axis than Awakening, simply because Berwick's whole war epic thing isn't something that FE does much, though it's not as radical as the other three in the top-right. Other than that, this lines up very well. 

Honestly the only reason i put awakening that high on Story anarchism is the whole Time travel thingy. FE rarely if ever deals with high level magic like that

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Honestly the only reason i put awakening that high on Story anarchism is the whole Time travel thingy. FE rarely if ever deals with high level magic like that

Fair. But then again, when has an FE game 

Spoiler

ever implied the concept of a biased narrator telling the game's entire story? 

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Hide contents

True, right you are there.

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

V3k1s7J.png

Oh, I missed this.

I like how half the series is just lumped in the corner there.

I'd probably put PoR way back with all the other titles in "gameplay purist", because I really don't think a half-assed skill system and bonus EXP are enough to set it apart from all those titles. Also, put Thracia higher on the story axis, it's much smaller in scale than any other FE story and it shows. Other than that, yeah, I think.

Just now, Spara said:

Hide contents

You know, if we believe this theory, this is the canon ending of Berwick Saga:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, if we believe this theory, this is the canon ending of Berwick Saga:

I love that video. I don't think that he would go so far there, but he'd probably embellish a bit. Still, though, the fact that the game even implies such a thing as possible is very "nouveau roman" and an artistic choice that FE would never make. 

And yes, I just described a fucking Kaga game as "nouveau roman."

Edited by Spara

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I love the max crit roll at the last attack lmao

It couldn't have been any more perfect.

...Well, it could've been two max crit rolls for a perfect one-round, but hey.

Just now, Spara said:

I love that video.

Thank you. Not to toot my own horn, but so do I.

Just now, Spara said:

I don't think that he would go so far there, but he'd probably embellish a bit.

I speculated with someone else here in the forum that he'd probably write about that in a really matter-of-fact way, like he genuinelly didn't think he did all that much.

Then the day after he released the book, he left his home and was swarmed with fangirls.

Just now, Spara said:

Still, though, the fact that the game even implies such a thing as possible is very "nouveau roman" and an artistic choice that FE would never make. 

Honestly, I just think it's an awesome moment.

@Shrimperor Maybe spoiler tag that? I know some people in this thread are playing through Berwick atm.

But, yes, that would be funny. Though I do like how

Spoiler

he kinda uses it to blend in and get to meet the people he's writing about without drawing too much attention to himself. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Maybe spoiler tag that?

ok!

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have an idea for an alignment chart meme but man I am just feeling so lazy...

Use the one i posted yesterday and just replace it with your stuff

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl Derrick is the lost opportunity in Berwick.

Eh, I disagree.

Spoiler

Derrick himself tells Enid that he has no idea how to use magic, he just knows about its history. The fact that he's so terrible at fighting is supposed to be a hint that he's, in fact, not a fighter - just a bookworm who passes as a mercenary so he can observe the action up close.

I mean, mage armor is a wonderful concept, but we've got Vision Quest for that. Let Derrick suck, as he should.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

@Shrimperor Maybe spoiler tag that? I know some people in this thread are playing through Berwick atm.

But, yes, that would be funny. Though I do like how

Hide contents

he kinda uses it to blend in and get to meet the people he's writing about without drawing too much attention to himself. 

Yeah, exactly. If he started shooting fireballs, it'd kinda render the point moot.

Oh, okay. So the Condor Squad just randomly decided that they really felt like moving out for no reason. Great. At least they're ignoring Narcus. Come to Leonie, boys!