Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Throw Narron and any other highly defensible riders (such as Raphael, if he's deployed) at the wall. Then when few of them are left, sweep in with Mintz and nab the man himself.

What's funny is that some of the ballistae (including Hagar) have exhausted their supply of things to throw at me.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

What's funny is that some of the ballistae (including Hagar) have exhausted their supply of things to throw at me.

Now there's even less reason to kill him. Clearly the universe wants you to use Hagar. You just must!

@Saint Rubenio I regret to inform you that I don't think Hagar can be saved. He just gets massacred by the remaining ballista. What I will try to do now is load before recruiting him, wait it out untill all the ballista have exhausted their supply, then recruit him.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio I regret to inform you that I don't think Hagar can be saved. He just gets massacred by the remaining ballista. What I will try to do now is load before recruiting him, wait it out untill all the ballista have exhausted their supply, then recruit him.

I mean, that's what I was saying. Kill all the ballistae around him, then recruit him when the area is cleaned up. Didn't you say he ran out of catapult shots? There's no reason to recruit him early.

And that’s chapter 3 done. Isn’t this where maddening is supposed to start sucking and become the worst difficulty ever made and completely ruin the game? It was still fun.

Oh and good news, I only had to use one divine pulse! Look at me being a fire emblem pro.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

And that’s chapter 3 done. Isn’t this where maddening is supposed to start sucking and become the worst difficulty ever made and completely ruin the game? It was still fun.

To me, chapter 3 was pretty bad but not awful, but I felt like chapter 4 was terrible, chapter 5 is, in my opinion, the worst main chapter in all of FE, and then after that, it gets pretty easy until chapter 12.

Except for the paralogues.

Those were Yakuza-1 Voice acting tier.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And that’s chapter 3 done. Isn’t this where maddening is supposed to start sucking and become the worst difficulty ever made and completely ruin the game?

No, not really, that's chapter 13. To be entirely forthcoming with you, I was legit having some fun with Maddening until chapter 13 came around and went "oh what's that? Your Byleth is a mage? Claude got RNG-screwed and fell behind in levels because he was so weak? You let Hilda die as per the gameplay mechanics that we programmed? Well fuck you then, you don't get to play anymore!"

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

To me, chapter 3 was pretty bad but not awful, but I felt like chapter 4 was terrible, chapter 5 is, in my opinion, the worst main chapter in all of FE, and then after that, it gets pretty easy until chapter 12.

Oh yeah. Doesn’t the death knight move? How do I survive that?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, not really, that's chapter 13. To be entirely forthcoming with you, I was legit having some fun with Maddening until chapter 13 came around and went "oh what's that? Your Byleth is a mage? Claude got RNG-screwed and fell behind in levels because he was so weak? You let Hilda die as per the gameplay mechanics that we programmed? Well fuck you then, you don't get to play anymore!"

Ahahaha, that’s a pretty good impression.

Oh yeah. Doesn’t the death knight move? How do I survive that?

Lysithea/Hubert OR bait with someone who can survive a round, (Most likely requiring a str/spd rally) and whittle down with Knightkneeler.

Or go around him. Just watch out for the mages.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ahahaha, that’s a pretty good impression

Until it happens to you. Your units on their way to all be wyverns yet?

How do I survive that?

I seem to recall he only moves if you enter his range. So yeah. That range might as well be a solid wall.

Unless you have Lysithea. Then you can just cheese him because Three Houses is a well balanced game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ernst, please literally never activate any of your skills holy shit.

Ernst: the one enemy in the entire game against whom Nihil is useful.

I can't even do Flurry against Ernst.

Yeah, this map has pretty much killed any chance of my replaying the game after this. Yep yep, this is a one-and-done game.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Lysithea/Hubert OR bait with someone who can survive a round, (Most likely requiring a str/spd rally) and whittle down with Knightkneeler.

Or go around him. Just watch out for the mages.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I seem to recall he only moves if you enter his range. So yeah. That range might as well be a solid wall.

Ohhh. I thought he was just automatically aggro’d. Wait, there’s a turn limit, I have to move fast. Dang it, I didn’t look at the turn count for the last map.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hubert

There is no way you can get A reason by chapter 4 without NG+.

Until it happens to you. Your units on their way to all be wyverns yet?

Four of them. That should be enough.

Unless you have Lysithea. Then you can just cheese him because Three Houses is a well balanced game.

Squishies that can obliterate everything are not at all unique to Three Houses, but okay.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

There is no way you can get A reason by chapter 4 without NG+.

I know, but if you're dead-set on the DKKO, you can grind him up to it in time. Possibly.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't even do Flurry against Ernst.

Yeah, this map has pretty much killed any chance of my replaying the game after this. Yep yep, this is a one-and-done game.

Whoops. Oh, well. I suppose I can't complain, I have like 20 different maps that ensure I will probably never replay Radiant Dawn.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Four of them. That should be enough.

Not really. If they're the four from the first batch in chapter 13, then yeah, might suffice. Might.

If they're from the second batch, it's softlock time.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really. If they're the four from the first batch in chapter 13, then yeah, might suffice. Might.

If they're from the second batch, it's softlock time.

There’s one in each group, except Byleth and Seteth who will both hopefully be wyverns.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hits in the 90s range that missed counter: 3.

This hasn’t happened before, why Three Houses??

I had the same experience, actually. (I think I missed more with TH than I did in FE6...)

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s one in each group, except Byleth and Seteth who will both hopefully be wyverns.

I don't know, I would make everyone wyverns, just to be safe. I cannot stress it enough, this isn't merely me hating on Three Houses as always, this is me trying to save 30 hours of your life. Softlocking yourself in chapter 13 is REALLY easy. Take no chances if you value your time and effort.

There's no objective reason to have any classes other than wyvern except for like, a dancer and maybe a healer, and you haven't the room for either in chapter 13. Put those on out-of-class units, then focus your starters into wyvern, without exception. That'll ensure you'll make it. Probably. No prepscreen will screw you over if you forget to prepare for chapter 13 in chapter 12.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Put those on out-of-class units, then focus your starters into wyvern, without exception.

I actually made it through with no issues with only Claude, Byleth and Leonie as fliers, with the latter two being peggies.

Again, as someone who had only Byleth and Claude flying out of his initial group, yes R&D's a bitch and I suspect it'll be a little worse in SS with one less unit to work with. But the other units don't all have to be wyverns to make it.

The biggest issue in my opinion is dealing with the groups near the main two. Once they're handled I would argue the map becomes bearable. But yeah, fuck those first few (read: at least 5 unless you plan on LTC'ing it) turns.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, I would make everyone wyverns, just to be safe. I cannot stress it enough, this isn't merely me hating on Three Houses as always, this is me trying to save 30 hours of your life. Softlocking yourself in chapter 13 is REALLY easy. Take no chances if you value your time and effort.

There's no objective reason to have any classes other than wyvern except for like, a dancer and maybe a healer, and you haven't the room for either in chapter 13. Put those on out-of-class units, then focus your starters into wyvern, without exception. That'll ensure you'll make it. Probably. No prepscreen will screw you over if you forget to prepare for chapter 13 in chapter 12.

It’s not actually that bad from what I’ve seen, I think. Besides, I can just prepare before chapter 12 since there is a skip with base level Seteth that I can use just in case.