Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Armagon said:

Especially do not do Silver Snow after Verdant Wind and vice versa.

Depending on how maddening the rest of maddening is, I'll either go SS-AM-CF or AM-CF.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Map 34, huh?

I remember when finishing my playthrough, I found it funny that Rishel had enough def that the Ballisticians couldn't damage him. 😄

I think he and Maruj with Sylphid were very helpful in taking out Ernst.

10 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

I think he and Maruj with Sylphid were very helpful in taking out Ernst.

Maybe I'm just bad but I found mages to be Tellius levels of bad in this game.

Alicia, Sierra and Rishel have their niches but that's basically it.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, Armagon said:

You must be, I found all of the mages very useful when I played.

Or maybe I just got lucky or something

This is how all 4 of the regular mages turned out in the final map at least.

Spoiler

:v

Edited by Robert Stewart

Screenshot_2772.png?width=557&height=432

THANK GOD!i

It took four wildly different strategies and several save reloads but i finally got it. 

Rishel is based.

Real footage of Rishel decimating the calvary and artillerymen.

This map is still atrocious, i will probably make a full rant about it later because Daylight Savings is a thing here and i just time traveled from 1 AM to 3 AM.

Edited by Armagon

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Literally all my problems would be solved if Ernst wasn't as strong as Murdock. Why is Ernst even that strong? There's zero in-universe reason for him to be. At least Murdock had an imposing presence.

He's the strongest general in Canaan, leader of Prince Barker's personal forces, and a man called the Sword of Canaan. I think it makes sense that he's so strong, I mean heck, the guy dies standing, how badass is that? That being said, they definitely could've dialed back on the skills. That just makes him RNG-heavy.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

W... What? Tellius levels of bad?

Yeah, you're just bad, I'm afraid. With tomes like Sunflame, Sylphid, Dire Thunder and Starlight, that just is objectively wrong. Heck, even Wundergust, mundane as it is, makes Maruj more of an asset than Soren ever was. Did you just not look at their weapons? Because I cannot fathom how you could possibly say something like this unless you just weren't paying any attention whatsoever. Sorry if I sound cruel, but... Damn, Sunflame is so overtly powerful, how did you miss that?

And what do you mean, Sierra "has her niches"? She has infinite movement, exclusive nosferatanking, a map-wide AoE spell if you nab an earthquake tome for her at the Leda caves, a longbow tome that's also exclusive to her, Sylphid access... That's top 3 unit material! Even with just the first thing she'd be top 3 unit material! She'd be by far the best unit in the game if she had better availability, and even as is she's pretty much only beaten by, like, Narron and Raffin! Her one and only flaw is that her bases are kinda mediocre, but then she makes the best use of statboosters out of any unit in the game - and even without them, she can just use Sylphid to erase things at base! She runs circles around 99% of FE's mages, let alone Tellius's puny ones!

Unless you missed Sylphid (which hey, might very well have happened), I really can't understand how you can look at such a unit and go "meh, mediocre, Soren was better." Did you not notice that she has Warp, is that it?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2772.png?width=557&height=432

THANK GOD!i

It took four wildly different strategies and several save reloads but i finally got it. 

Rishel is based.

Tellius tiers of bad, eh. Defeating the strongest boss in the game without training. Tanking everything with the +10 defense tome. But nah, clearly Tormod was at least on par with that, eh? I mean, he had Celerity, Rishel doesn't-- Oh wait, HE FRIGGIN' DOES! HE HAS 1 MORE MOVE AT BASE THAN THE OTHER MAGES, BECAUSE WHY THE HECK NOT!?

Sorry, sorry. No, really. I apologize if I sound too blunt and angry, but... Wow, surely you realize how utterly ridiculous that claim was?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This map is still atrocious, i will probably make a full rant about it later because Daylight Savings is a thing here and i just time traveled from 1 AM to 3 AM.

Well, fine, I'll concede that Ernst is a bit too much, but the map itself really isn't that bad unless you allow it to become that bad. It just forces you to hurry up a bit so a billion ballistae don't have the time to set up. It's certainly not worse than RD's rout fests, I think that much should be obvious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think she’s at D+ but I can check tomorrow.

The closer to C rank the more I'd think it could be done.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

It definitely affects gameplay to, although the unique chapters come even later.

e.g.: Chapter 5 and how to make that different across routes, that's one that's hard to argue that the same scenario could occur across routes ending in the same area.

The lack of differences in map is also a thing to argue.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bolded: What...? Rishel is on a whole different level from most the others, Sunflame is amazing and can carry you, it's like an auto win button! Support with Enteh, who has to be used, is always nice as a bonus. He doesn't take any effort to get going, you throw him in there, he gets results, it's that simple.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unless you missed Sylphid (which hey, might very well have happened),

But you get two of them.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Bolded: What...? Rishel is on a whole different level from most the others, Sunflame is amazing and can carry you, it's like an auto win button! Support with Enteh, who has to be used, is always nice as a bonus. He doesn't take any effort to get going, you throw him in there, he gets results, it's that simple.

He even has one extra point of move so he can keep up with the rest of your army more easily. I can sort of understand the others (he did miss Aura Rain, after all), but Rishel?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But you get two of them.

I mean yeah, but... I dunno, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that he took a look at Sierra and was like "meh. I've seen better." How?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He even has one extra point of move so he can keep up with the rest of your army more easily. I can sort of understand the others (he did miss Aura Rain, after all), but Rishel?

I mean yeah, but... I dunno, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that he took a look at Sierra and was like "meh. I've seen better." How?

Yeah, Rishel is godlike, no doubt about it. Also, ouch on missing Aura Rain, that stinks!

Honestly, i've used her once, and i don't find her necessary. not that she isn't useful, just not my kinda unit. XD

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Honestly, i've used her once, and i don't find her necessary. not that she isn't useful, just not my kinda unit. XD

I mean, she's not necessary, but she's a mage with infinite movement. That means Sylphid anywhere on the map, anytime you want. That's uncontestably, objectively amazing.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Does Kaga's Ernst also have such a kickass theme?

Eyy it's the theme of the funny The Last Promise boss.

Anyway, nah, he just uses the regular boss theme. I like it, so there's that.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

It's a good theme.

Man, Ronald being on that artwork will never stop being funny to me.

I wonder how far into development they were when they realized they had no budget left to develop Istoria. Clearly must've been far enough, considering Ronald's presence in what appears to be official artwork.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Also the mysterious prominence of Sasha, very much framing her as the female lead of the game.
13560_front.jpg

In the end, she didn't amount to much more then a supporting character in her bodyguard's arc.

Well, to her credit, she does have some relevance early on, and if you send her with Holmes. It's not quite the same as Valbar in Gaiden's cover art, but... Yeah, it's funny how Kate turned out to be the better character. Plotwise, anyway.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, historically they didn't. Then again, Santa Anna forced a back-down after San Jacinto. But even in Vanilla the US totally jumps in, but it's more manageable than in this mod.

Well yeah, but you can’t exactly apply the Monroe Doctrine when someone is attempting to take your county. 👀

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I ever got TH, my route order would be CF-VW-AM-SS.

Start low and end with a bang...

CF is not low! If you want to do every route, SS-AM-VW-CF is a good order.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Depending on how maddening the rest of maddening is, I'll either go SS-AM-CF or AM-CF.

If you don’t want to play all the routes there isn’t that much reason to play Silver Snow.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

W... What? Tellius levels of bad?

Yeah, you're just bad, I'm afraid. With tomes like Sunflame, Sylphid, Dire Thunder and Starlight, that just is objectively wrong. Heck, even Wundergust, mundane as it is, makes Maruj more of an asset than Soren ever was. Did you just not look at their weapons? Because I cannot fathom how you could possibly say something like this unless you just weren't paying any attention whatsoever. Sorry if I sound cruel, but... Damn, Sunflame is so overtly powerful, how did you miss that?

I am a Tellius fan, and I do recognize mages there being at the worst they been in FE in general, especially RD.

TRS on the other hand...

• I agree that Rishel is unconditionally great. It's expectable that Playable Arvis, whom Kaga was the first intensely passionate fan of, would be awesome. 🔥
  • Sierra I agree is broken, but as you say, she requires a little more meta. You have to be willing to dump your statboosters on her and recruit her early, neither of which will come naturally to many players. Getting the Slyphids would be amazing for her and the next two mages as well.
  • Alicia might come later than Maruj, but Dire Thunder's consistency and his lack of early doing important stuff makes her better. Flurry if she get to the level necessary great too.
  • Maruj has availability, but I want to say that doesn't help him, the early chapters aren't exactly the nicest to mages. Wundergust is inconsistent too. And so far, my one and only Maruj wound up being fickle with the stat gains. I don't think he gained a single point of Mag before promoting at level 19.
  • Meriel-
    • Aura Rain is overrated/10. I have to wait five turns to use it, and it doesn't do anything to help with the Condor Squad or invisible enemies in Chapter 26. 😝
      • Ensorcel + 10 Mag to lowball it + Aura Rain = 24 Atk. 38 Atk against monsters. Okay okay, I concede it's strong, it's just not as strong a tactical nuke on humans as I wish it was.
    • Starlight is 12 Wt, which reduces the +30 Avoid to +6, and makes it pretty possible for her to double. It's a strong single hit of at least 27 Atk, but it will slow her EXP gain due to how strong it is.
    • If you want Meriel to level quickly, she'll have to resort to Fire, which is heavy enough that she probably won't be doubling for a while. And, Fire is 8 Mt, but just 60 Hit, that is shoddy accuracy.
      • Maruj and Ishtar have it a little better with light Wind and accurate Thunder prior to promotion. Rishel is bound to Fire at first, but can promote fairly quickly even with Sunflame usage, no point in delaying promotion very long with him given how late he comes. Though sneaking in some Fire or Meteor shots for the extra EXP is feasible.
    • Meriel can be good, but she isn't a "set and forget" mage, she needs investment. And I think that holds her back. She turned out well on my females-only run, but never got off the ground on my first.
  • Lee I would be surprised if he saw 30 combats with magic on my first run. Although early on, before the second split, more so for Runan's side of it, he is useful as a second staffbot with occasional magic utility. His base stats can chase off Maruj for a while. Once Plum can dance and Rishel and Sierra arrive, I think his days at casting incantations are effectively over. Still a great Jagen of sorts.

In summary, Maruj and Meriel leave bad early impressions, Alicia is slightly better, but doesn't salvage the reputation of mages enough. Rishel is amazing, and Sierra is tricky. All in all, TRS mages don't showcase their greatness from the start, it takes time. Although to be fair, outside of like Celica and Mae in SoV, maybe GBA's Lucius and Artur, and perhaps Asbel, I don't think mages in FE ever do hit the ground running.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In summary, Maruj and Meriel leave bad early impressions, Alicia is slightly better, but doesn't salvage the reputation of mages enough. Rishel is amazing, and Sierra is tricky. All in all, TRS mages don't showcase their greatness from the start, it takes time.

Ys, I think it is as you say. Though personally, I would call Maruj at least a bit better than Meriel. In a vacuum he's probably a bit worse than Meriel, but he has the availability to do some stuff in spite of his mediocre stats. Meriel arrives too late for her horrible stats and Starlight isn't really much better at killing things than Wundergust, and without it she's way worse than Maruj because fire sucks.

If I had to rate the mages, I'd say it goes something like this: Sierra > Rishel >>>>>> Lee > Alicia >>>>>> Maruj > Meriel. If you're not willing to make an investment on Sierra, you could put Rishel above her. Either way, they're pretty similar: Extremely powerful mages with unique utility to offset their worse availability.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well yeah, but you can’t exactly apply the Monroe Doctrine when someone is attempting to take your county. 👀

CF is not low! If you want to do every route, SS-AM-VW-CF is a good order.

Bah, it was the British the true enforcers of the Monroe Doctrine, anyway. Because they wanted sole access to the Latin American markets. Even then, it was only "enforced" when it suited them.

Sorry, but CF just doesn't appeal too much for me. So better get rid of it first. And I won't play VW and SS back to back, so AM has to go third.