Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Eyy, the Vision Quest update I've been waiting for has finally been released! A shame it's caught me in the middle of my TRS run. I don't think I have the time to juggle three games at once right now... Hmm. We'll see.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just bought the merchant’s entire stock of fishing bait and used it all at once. The maddening experience.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sorry, but CF just doesn't appeal too much for me. So better get rid of it first. And I won't play VW and SS back to back, so AM has to go third.

Maybe your mind will change when you play it...

I'll never understand why people say 26A is better than 26B. Not only do you miss out on the only guaranteed move potion, but you also have to deal with archers with arbalests, mages with meteor and ballistae that are invisible. You can do absolutely nothing about them, other than put your own units with arbalests and meteor in their range and hope for the best. At least half the 26B dudes in the middle room are using 2-range weapons!

I'm only doing 26A now because of the funny Luca event. It is his destiny.

Meriel died because she failed to dodge 25%s. You know what? Sure. I'm not going to reset, I hate this map. Why oh why is the Luca nonsense only available here and not in the B map...?

I am in utter disbelief

This video seriously got released a few hours after i finish the hell that is TRS Ch.34.

This can't be coincidence.

10 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

I found all of the mages very useful when I played.

I mean, Alicia, Sierra and Rishel are pretty good but it's less them and more of their weapons. Well, in Alicia and Rishel's case. Cause Alicia did pretty well until MAGIC IS EVERYTHING ran out and she dropped a few spots on the combat quality tierlist, even though i did promote her. Rishel still has a lot of Sunflame use and i doubt it's gonna run out, there's only five chapters left.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's the strongest general in Canaan, leader of Prince Barker's personal forces, and a man called the Sword of Canaan.

This is never told to us until the last second. Or maybe it was, idk. 

Damn, Sunflame is so overtly powerful, how did you miss that?

Because why in God's name would i send a mage into no-man's land like that? Sure, Sunflame grants 10+ defense but in my mind, i still saw a mage and i figured Rishel would be turned into mincemeat if i sent him that way by himself.

Of course, now i know how good that tome is but the only other game where i can comfortable send a mage into danger like that is in Awakening when i slap Vantage and Vengeance on a Sorcerer, give them Nosferatu, and win the game.

Oh and in SoV, because mages are at their best in that game. Negating terrain bonus is just *chef's kiss*.

And what do you mean, Sierra "has her niches"?

Niches was perhaps understating them.

Like i mentioned above, i did get a lot of use out of Alicia and Sierra but Alicia was only good because of Dire Thunder and Sierra has Warp, which is based, but her damage output isn't really anything to write home about. And no, she can't Nosfertank. I've tried.

Rishel is based but again, it's more accurate to say Sunflame is based. If it were to ever run out, he won't really get much use.

a map-wide AoE spell if you nab an earthquake tome for her at the Leda caves, a longbow tome that's also exclusive to her, Sylphid access... That's top 3 unit material!

"If you do these things that a blind player can easily miss, she's really good".

I really can't understand how you can look at such a unit and go "meh, mediocre, Soren was better."

I never said Soren was better lmao. The Tellius games had the least mage use out of any Fire Emblem game i've played. The only mage i really used was Micaiah and that's because i had to. And she's only good in Part 1.

Well, fine, I'll concede that Ernst is a bit too much, but the map itself really isn't that bad unless you allow it to become that bad. It just forces you to hurry up a bit so a billion ballistae don't have the time to set up. It's certainly not worse than RD's rout fests, I think that much should be obvious.

The thing is, the map isn't designed around going fast, at least it doesn't look like it is.. Yeah, it's a lot easier if you rush through and overwhelm Ernst but how the hell was i supposed to know that? If they wanted me to blitz, they should've given me a turn limit. I mean, there technically is once all those ballistae pile up and you're forced to confront Ernst in a hallway but that's Thracia-levels of punishing a blind player.

I think easily the worst part about the map is the fort in the center that just vomits out wyverns that can easily reach you anywhere. The map deadass becomes 100x more manageable if you remove that fort. I can't occupy that fort easily either because only flying units can reach it and the fort is guarded by three ballistae.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

But you get two of them

I literally did not get the second one.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Starlight is 12 Wt, which reduces the +30 Avoid to +6, and makes it pretty possible for her to double. It's a strong single hit of at least 27 Atk, but it will slow her EXP gain due to how strong it is.

This is a thing?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although to be fair, outside of like Celica and Mae in SoV, maybe GBA's Lucius and Artur, and perhaps Asbel, I don't think mages in FE ever do hit the ground running.

I can sort of agree but i at least have found that training mages in most games is pretty easy. And the GBA games at least do provide you with a pre-promote so if you didn't train you early-game mage(s), well there's still something for you later.

Exception, once again, is Tellius cause lol. I mean, Tellius does give you pre-promote mages but lol.

Oh and i guess FE4 too cause outside of Forseti usage, mages won't see a lot of action.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am in utter disbelief

This video seriously got released a few hours after i finish the hell that is TRS Ch.34.

This can't be coincidence.

But you also showed off the channel earlier. Armagon is Excelblem confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's very cringe ngl.

To be fair, you hadn't noticed until you were told, so it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Just now, Benice said:

To be fair, you hadn't noticed until you were told, so it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

But it does explain why some units seemingly leveled up slower, even after getting kills.

Just now, Armagon said:

This is never told to us until the last second. Or maybe it was, idk. 

Chapter 10 built him up well enough, I believe.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I literally did not get the second one.

Alicia talks to Alfred in the Leda chapter.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Because why in God's name would i send a mage into no-man's land like that? Sure, Sunflame grants 10+ defense but in my mind, i still saw a mage and i figured Rishel would be turned into mincemeat if i sent him that way by himself.

That's entirely your fault, though. The tome's description tells you that it grants Rishel 10 defense, it's not like the bonus is hidden or anything. If you didn't think 16 defense would be enough when it was, that's your mistake.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like i mentioned above, i did get a lot of use out of Alicia and Sierra but Alicia was only good because of Dire Thunder and Sierra has Warp, which is based, but her damage output isn't really anything to write home about. And no, she can't Nosfertank. I've tried.

Rishel is based but again, it's more accurate to say Sunflame is based. If it were to ever run out, he won't really get much use.

Fair enough, but these tomes have so many uses that it's unlikely you'll ever run out, anyway.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"If you do these things that a blind player can easily miss, she's really good".

Even without them, she's still a mage with infinite movement. I would say that's pretty damn amazing. Of course, a truly blind player would've missed the "kill Shigen" requirement and she would've joined in chapter 31, so... meh.

The thing is, the map isn't designed around going fast, at least it doesn't look like it is.. Yeah, it's a lot easier if you rush through and overwhelm Ernst but how the hell was i supposed to know that? If they wanted me to blitz, they should've given me a turn limit. I mean, there technically is once all those ballistae pile up and you're forced to confront Ernst in a hallway but that's Thracia-levels of punishing a blind player.

I think the artillerymen serve as a rather obvious time limit of sorts. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you need the game to scream at you to hurry up because otherwise you'll just stand there and watch as the ballistae set up shop unimpeded... Eeehhh. Maybe that particular part is on you more than on the game. Certainly not comparable to the stuff that Thracia pulls, in my humble opinion. I won't defend Ernst, but by the second ballista you should've realized that maybe you should speed up.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think easily the worst part about the map is the fort in the center that just vomits out wyverns that can easily reach you anywhere. The map deadass becomes 100x more manageable if you remove that fort. I can't occupy that fort easily either because only flying units can reach it and the fort is guarded by three ballistae.

Sierra, dismount fliers, take a bit of time to remove the ballistae first. It's plenty doable, I feel.

That's very cringe ngl.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Alicia talks to Alfred in the Leda chapter.

Well i mean....she's over here, and Alfred was all the way over there. And most of the chapter was just Katri going to town on the enemies while the green units also went to town on all the enemies.

Yeah, there wasn't really an opportunity for me to get her there.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you didn't think 16 defense would be enough when it was, that's your mistake.

Can you blame me though? He's still a mage and that part of the map was just Brave Weapon paradise.

Actually, the fourth strategy pretty much required me to keep Rishel on one of the forts because even with the Defense boost, the damage would add up. And i didn't want to use Psychic on him.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you need the game to scream at you to hurry up because otherwise you'll just stand there and watch as the ballistae set up shop unimpeded... Eeehhh.

I legitimately did not notice the ballistae being set-up until like half the castle was surrounded by them. I just thought the artillerymen would come down like normal reinforcements because that's how the other reinforcements worked.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sierra, dismount fliers, take a bit of time to remove the ballistae first. It's plenty doable, I feel.

Sierra is with Holmes btw.

I can remove the ballistae with Longbow Leonie (you weren't kidding, she is really good) but i have to get her around the cliff.

Dismounting the fliers would probably get them turned into mincemeat still.

Oh yeah, speaking of ballistae, i could not recruit Hagar. I tried after killing Ernst but for someone named after one of the greatest Jedi masters of all time, Yoda does a really shitty job at dodging things. So, i just had to end the chapter. There was nothing else i can do.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll never understand why people say 26A is better than 26B. Not only do you miss out on the only guaranteed move potion, but you also have to deal with archers with arbalests, mages with meteor and ballistae that are invisible. You can do absolutely nothing about them, other than put your own units with arbalests and meteor in their range and hope for the best. At least half the 26B dudes in the middle room are using 2-range weapons!

I'm only doing 26A now because of the funny Luca event. It is his destiny.

You also miss out on Eugen ripping Arkis a new one.

Just now, Armagon said:

Can you blame me though? He's still a mage and that part of the map was just Brave Weapon paradise.

Honestly? At risk of coming across as a dick, I can and I do. The stats don't lie. It doesn't matter if he's a mage, an armor knight, a paladin or a dancer - if he has 16 defense, he has 16 defense, and that's it. I really don't understand your logic here, I'm sorry. If the game gave you an armor with 2 defense, would you throw that guy at the enemies and complain when he dies?

Actually, the fourth strategy pretty much required me to keep Rishel on one of the forts because even with the Defense boost, the damage would add up. And i didn't want to use Psychic on him

Wait, what? Why in the world are you hoarding in chapter 34? Physic is so common in this game... And even if it weren't, this is the chapter where you want to use your resources! I really don't want to be a backseat asshole, but... Damn, these are some pretty huge mistakes that you're blaming the game for, man. I'll not defend Ernst, but this all just sounds like you were playing badly.

Unless your point here is that you only had one healer, which... Okay, that's more fair, but still. You could've been more cautious with your other units so you could spare the physic for Rishel, or you could've given Rishel the means to heal himself. There were ways!

I legitimately did not notice the ballistae being set-up until like half the castle was surrounded by them. I just thought the artillerymen would come down like normal reinforcements because that's how the other reinforcements worked.

I can understand letting one or two get through, but unless you weren't paying any attention to the upper side of the map and to the enemy phases, you should've realized by then what was happening.

I can remove the ballistae with Longbow Leonie (you weren't kidding, she is really good)

Okay, sidenote: I have to celebrate that we agree on something. I can scarcely believe it.

but i have to get her around the cliff.

Dismounting the fliers would probably get them turned into mincemeat still.

You can kill one ballista with Leonie, then another one with a flier. That just leaves one, a dismoutned flier can survive one ballista bolt at a time. Unless you'll tell me you also don't want to "waste" physic uses on keeping the dismounted flier alive?

Oh yeah, speaking of ballistae, i could not recruit Hagar. I tried after killing Ernst but for someone named after one of the greatest Jedi masters of all time, Yoda does a really shitty job at dodging things. So, i just had to end the chapter. There was nothing else i can do.

That's okay, it's not like you missed out on much.

Just now, BrightBow said:

You also miss out on Eugen ripping Arkis a new one.

Well, in all fairness, 26A does have Zieg ripping Lentzenheimer a new one. That makes up for it, I think. It's the rest of the map that's so much worse.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, it really does come down to who you'd rather want to see humiliated. Quite a difficult choice in this case.

Hahahah... That's the real choice, here. Lentzie or Arkis getting destroyed. Most balanced route split in the series, right there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Physic is so common in this game...

Money.

I know I have another with Holmes tho.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

can understand letting one or two get through, but unless you weren't paying any attention to the upper side of the map and to the enemy phases, you should've realized by then what was happening.

Well keep in mind I have fast forward set to max and when you're fast forwarding enemy phases, you don't really pay attention to who ends up where.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but this all just sounds like you were playing badly.

Maybe I was but outside of this chapter but with the difficulty being comparable to Blazing Blade, if I was playing badly, it sure as hell didn't feel like it.