Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wanted to play stuff, ended up napping instead.
Friggin' hell...

Relatable. 

Although in my case, i feel more awake at night than i do during the day tbh.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Great!

Now...Uh...Where's the translation patch? I can't find project exile anywhere!

Project exile gotta kinda deleted after some interal problems or something in the team (dunno details)

you can get lil' Manster here 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Relatable. 

same

Just now, Armagon said:

Relatable. 

It's been the same for me these past few days.
I have to force myself to go to sleep. Strangely enough, I tend to wake up really early, so... yeah.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

I feel like trying Thracia just because people say it's really good, so we'll see how that goes. Mareeta's gonna be my MVP because Myrmidons for life!

Ah, finally becoming a real man, huh?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Project exile gotta kinda deleted after some interal problems or something in the team (dunno details)

you can get lil' Manster here 

Oh. That's wack. Thanks for the link to the patch, though!

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Makes hybrid units possible + makes magic weapons (Like Light brand) use their own stat.

But it always does 10 at range, doesn't it?

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It just makes sense.

Tbf, pre-Awakening FE OSTs are......not that great.

I wasn't arguing, just curious.

I actually like FE8's music's, for the most part. 

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Why in the name of heck is female Hakuno so adorable?
A silent protagonist should not be this cute!

Reveal hidden contents

5b88eb1c1fe2ae5525b61da4f9691c25.jpg

*cough*
Sorry about that.

Technically Hakuno(n) isn't silent, since you are constantly seeing their thoughts, but I get you.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I had to do a double take, i thought this was from Fortnite or something. I never knew that a comically large rocket booster was a piece of equipment in Xenoblade X.

Thats what the Lastyr III Raygun:

5-C916627-76-E5-425-E-9-D85-DB0703-C105-

looks like when it's not in use. I intentionally picked the color variant that is reminiscent of the old NASA space shuttle fuel tanks for the sake of the joke. My Cross is about 3/4ths tall on the height scaler, so I didn't shrink her to make it appear bigger (IDK if the weapons magically scale to character size).

The other Rayguns look less ridiculous when "sheathed", the basic Sakuraba Raygun model for instance is bulky, but points downwards and isn't as tall. The heft and visibility of a Raygun greatly contrasts with the discrete and small Knife they're paired with by default, more than any other weapon pairing.

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh geez, an FE6 echoes would be so amazing. Well, for me. Everyone else will be burning it in a ritualistic fashion, but oh well.

While I'm not exactly a fan of FE6, I wouldn't hate it and would still purchase it anyhow out of habit provided they added a free DLC trip to Valor to recruit Nils. I've bought every FE since FE7 and that won't change, even if I lay 3H upside-down in my tower of Switch game cases as if it's a cursed corpse.

More serious things that are necessary is to establish include a merry band of advisors to Roy, it's lacking that the game is a monologue of him, Alwayswronglinus, and sometimes Princess The Green Dude On A Horse Is My Lover, Elffin, and thats about it. After FE6, barring the Marth remakes, this old approach to storytelling went out the window, for good reason.

I also want a world with more "stickiness", I was dismayed by how transient Elibe felt after the Lycia arc. Ditch the Western Isles and Arcadia, and maybe one of Ilia or Sacae and then we can have chapters to add more depth to the remaining lands of Etruria, Bern, and I'd prefer to keep Sacae. -But this is super unlikely and they'll have to add substance to the world in other ways. I like legendary weapons and traversing entire continents in a single game, but these two things seem to have made for a wide world over a deep one, and thats a greater loss to me.

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

I feel like trying Thracia just because people say it's really good, so we'll see how that goes. Mareeta's gonna be my MVP because Myrmidons for life!

I wouldn't say the popular opinion is thats it's good. It's definitely one of the more obscure FEs enjoyed only by a handful of the FE fanbase, probably the most niche barring NES FE. It has a bunch of ideas that were nice in principle, but the execution is rough in the gameplay.

I'm not sure how fun it'd have been for me without outside information, save states, and the repositioning patch, and I hesitate to ever return to the game. But I won't say I dislike it either. Go in blind and see how it goes. If you start crying a few chapters in, thats understandable.

I will say I like Leif, even if his story could use some modern touchups and presentation boosts.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

Technically Hakuno(n) isn't silent, since you are constantly seeing their thoughts, but I get you.

Okay, this is true.
And Hakuno(n) is actually voiced in Extella Link (though only a few select scenes and battles), so... there's that, too.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Marty, why must you miss your first six attacks?! YOU HAVE 75 CHANCE TO HIT, MAN!

If I did the math right (probability I always forget), six consecutive 75% misses have a 0.02% chance of happening. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

If I did the math right (probability I always forget), six consecutive 75% misses have a 0.02% chance of happening. 

Math with Marty.

53 minutes ago, Benice said:

Marty, why must you miss your first six attacks?! YOU HAVE 75 CHANCE TO HIT, MAN!

Well, you are playing single RN's, what else can you expect?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Why in the name of heck is female Hakuno so adorable?
A silent protagonist should not be this cute!

Reveal hidden contents

5b88eb1c1fe2ae5525b61da4f9691c25.jpg

*insert Lucina "Ah, so cute!" meme*

So Hakuno is like the Byleth of Fate, if I understand correctly?

Edited by twilitfalchion

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

*insert Lucina "Ah, so cute!" meme*

Same could be said about your new profile picture.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So Hakuno is like the Byleth of Fate, if I understand correctly?

Basically, yeah!
Since Fate/Extra, Extella, and Extella Link still have VN elements because of Fate's roots as one, you get to see Hakuno's thoughts on top of dialogue choices, which helps getting a clearer view on their personality, something that's kinda lacking with Byleth.
They're actually a pretty cool character, all things considered.

For example, you get gems like this:
ZRVLdji.jpg
This is after Hakuno found out that there are three of them running around in Fate/Extella

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I really hate 1RN. Even if it's more ''true'' or ''accurate'', idc, it makes for a frustrating experience

I wouldn't say there's much accuracy in missing with a bunch on 99%s hit rates.

But yeah, it really sucks, I agree. I just thought it was fair to mention that it wasn't all bad luck, part of it was the poor RN system.

Edited by lightcosmo

I'm gonna be smug here and point out for no good reason that Wade is more accurate than Leif.

I will now go lock myself in the corner of shame.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Same could be said about your new profile picture.

Thanks. There's actually some really neat fan art online that makes for great pfp options. My last pfp was fan art as well.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Basically, yeah!
Since Fate/Extra, Extella, and Extella Link still have VN elements because of Fate's roots as one, you get to see Hakuno's thoughts on top of dialogue choices, which helps getting a clearer view on their personality, something that's kinda lacking with Byleth.
They're actually a pretty cool character, all things considered.

I agree. I wish Byleth had been given more personality or something to define them better. It seems like IS kind of left Byleth in a weird place between being an actual character and being an blank-slate avatar, ultimately being a half-baked version of both.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

ZRVLdji.jpg
This is after Hakuno found out that there are three of them running around in Fate/Extella

That's a really nice way of giving the character some depth even if they are largely silent.

Wait, three?

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...How?

What did you do to your poor Leif?

Oh, it's just me being salty about everyone missing things that they should have hit. I know that this is a false statement.

(But anyways, Wade has roughly 80-75 hit on soldiers in his joining chapter, making it 87.5-90% true hit, whereas Leif has 72 hit on soldiers in the first chapter.)