• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sure, but think about all the furniture you could buy selling those.

Hey, speaking of that, I'm two pieces away from the ultimate victory. Currently on chapter 11-1. I'm fairly confident in my chances.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There have been very very few bad levels. I would call it better than super solid.

Hahahah, well, I suppose that's good, then! Yeah, I don't recall many myself. It's really just the horrible autoscroller one and... really, that's kinda it.

When you praise a game for doing something Three Houses also does well.

Berwick does it better.

¬¬

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...In what world do Knights tank in 3H? They are one of the worst classes there due to the super high attack values

In the world where you give them a shield and armored blow (but armored blow is kind of unnecessary unless you’re like, Edelgard (but it’s not that good anyway sooo)). Minimal investment.

Especially Dedue.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I thought you just use Wyvern in that case.

Wyverns are better at dodging than actually taking hits imo.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Knights? Tanking?

Nani?

It happens in Berwick Saga. With their shields, they all have defense values ranging between 20 to 30.

Y'know, in a game where the average defense for not-knights is somewhere around 8.

Edited by Reuben

1 minute ago, Reuben said:

Y'know, in a game where the average defense for not-knights is somewhere around 8.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of 6 Defense Perceval?

It's not a story the enemy ballisticians would tell you.

I just realized that all of my characters in 3D World could be clones because whenever you use a cherry power up and beat the level with it, the one that doesn’t disappear is the one that touches the flagpole. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In the world where you give them a shield and armored blow (but armored blow is kind of unnecessary unless you’re like, Edelgard (but it’s not that good anyway sooo)). Minimal investment.

Especially Dedue.

Not sure I feel like giving them credit for a mechanic they simply took from Berwick Saga in the first place.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Have you ever heard the tragedy of 6 Defense Perceval?

It's not a story the enemy ballisticians would tell you.

And here I thought it didn't get any more cursed than accurate Perceval...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I just realized that all of my characters in 3D World could be clones because whenever you use a cherry power up and beat the level with it, the one that doesn’t disappear is the one that touches the flagpole. Interesting.

Originals are overrated anyway. The one that matters is the one that does it best.

...Except in Kaga's case, because more often than not Kaga Does It Best as well as First.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

too much investment for a 4 unit move that will still get killed by 3 hits

25 Def + Def blows will still make you die when enemies got 50-70 atk

6 minutes ago, Reuben said:

ya know, i forgot how tanky my Reese was

17 Def

without Shield

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ya know, i forgot how tanky my Reese was

17 Def

without Shield

...W... Wha... WHAT!?

The only unit of mine that has ever reached such a level of raw tankiness is Daoud in my current run. I've finally decided to use him long-term, and boy, am I happy I did. The man is a rock. With him on the team, I'm fairly certain I've consistently used every single unit in the game at least once. Yes, even Faramir, in my very first run.

But never mind that-- How did Reese do that!?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

wKuAwWH.png

fooling around a bit with my final save haha

Clearly you feel the Berwick crave. It's replay time, get to it, chop chop

Edited by Reuben

Just now, Reuben said:

...W... Wha... WHAT!?

Might've been in Simpette radius. Protector and all that.

Just now, Spara said:

Might've been in Simpette radius. Protector and all that.

Ooohh...

That would make more sense, 'cause hot damn, 17 defense on Reese...

...Wait, I just realized-- MOTHERFUCKING DAOUD'S GOING TO HAVE 27 DEFENSE WITH SIMPETTE'S HELP! OH MY GOD, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT!

How did it take me 5 runs to use that man? He's hilarious!

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah sales wise.

Afaik the reason why Berseria didn't sell so well was because Zestiria was just that bad.

Yeah, that happens sometimes. I heard that was the case for Mega Man Battle Network 5, BN4 was the best-selling game in the franchise because BN3 was great, BN5 sold terribly because BN4 is the absolute worst.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

LMAO SWORD BROKE DURING ASTRA HAHAHAHA. 

Did they actually perform Astra, or did they merely shout "YAAAAAAH!" swinging the sword with such brute strength that upon hitting the enemy's solid metal armor, the sword broke into four pieces that dealt the subsequent hits as they flew into the bad guy?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did they actually perform Astra, or did they merely shout "YAAAAAAH!" swinging the sword with such brute strength that upon hitting the enemy's solid metal armor, the sword broke into four pieces that dealt the subsequent hits as they flew into the bad guy?

she performed Astra and as she was doing the 4th attack the sword broke then she evaded enemy attack haha

So I've been looking over the HSoS sheets a bit, since they're mostly spoiler-free.

Spoiler

Ah yes, my favorite characters: Old Lady, Old Man and Elder.

On a more worrying note, I'm feeling my desire to play HSoS burning once again. I'm gonna be honest, even beyond the story (which, ultimately, I can do without if worse comes to worst), I had the same worry as Shrimpy. The language barrier getting in the way of the gameplay because Kaga likes to put hints in the dialogue.

Knowing that this isn't so much the case in this game, however... Oh, good lord. Poor Awakening might have to wait a bit... I've 6 more maps before I finish Berwick again, and it's not looking good...

I really ought to get a Berwick-capable computer.

You should, the game is wonderful. I cannot gush for it much more than I already do, hah.

Edited by Reuben