Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Europe:

JGA500A.png

Balkans be Balkans. Their story ain't over yet. Austria-Hungary still holds the Lombardo-Veneto, and Germany annexed Luxembourg.

Finland might be on the map, but it's still a Russian puppet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kaga: I want Hide skill

Mom: we have Hide skill at home

Hide skill at home:

22YmMNk.png

Playing Berwick Saga after this was most certainly interesting. You know, seeing where so much of this stuff is actually from.

Wish I could just mod this game and replace that sprite with something that is not an empty 100% transparency image. It's kinda cute, but this really should have just been a one-off gimmick.

But anyway, speaking of cute details, their map sprites for moving have a nice little blur effect applied.

Edited by BrightBow

Ngl this game feels more like a stepping stone between Thracia and Berwick, so to say. Like if i didn't know better and someone asked me, i would say this came out before Berwick, haha.

But i am still at ch9, so let's see how my opinion will change...

Middle East and upper half of Africa:

dgHyIe8.png

Guess who got the Lion's Share of the continent. As I mentioned before, the AI doesn't really go full into Africa until the Scramble. So... a player can take advantage of that...

Also since mods actually add countries there to conquer. Vanilla Victoria 2 only has like... Sokoto and... just about it.

Another highlight here is Italy conquering Ethiopia much sooner... and Austria-Hungary actually joining in on the Scramble. Although only Egypt was just about left. Italy had been taking pieces of Sudan, but A-H actually waged war on them to take it away. Thus, A-H controls the Nile, pretty much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

C6z5ssQ.png

...He's starting to remind me of juju with how much he fucks up and makes life harder for everyone lmao

Fucking up and making everyone's life harder is very much a Cyltan thing to do.

Most of Asia:

vjPbnet.png

China still disunited. Pingnan Guo is the one that's been expanding the most, but they have slowed down lately. I also got a third treaty port and aiming to get a fourth, hehehe...

I still find it funny that Nintendo thinks a good reward for beating the game is to have the title screen be the same scene but from a different camera angle.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Middle East and upper half of Africa:

dgHyIe8.png

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Rest of Africa:

S940ugh.png

More akin to OTL. The Boer states still exist, if as British puppets.

Wow, you have a lot of Africa!

Incidentally, is there any sort of winning/victory in CK II (I think that’s what you’re playing)?

Edited by Sooks

The map gives me too many FE4 vibes, with all the mages on cliffs and stuff. Except you don't have Wrath Titlyu or super speed Eyvel Brigin on Terrain to get you by until your army arrives...

Edited by Shrimperor

Southeast Asia:

SmB7L15.png

Indonesia gets to be larger in this timeline, as the Dutch got to Sarawak and the upper right quarter of New Guinea. And of course, Mexican Indochina, heh. Rattanakosin Kingdom be the only independent country there, if under my Sphere.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, you have a lot of Africa!

Incidentally, is there any sort of winning/victory in CK II (I think that’s what you’re playing)?

It's Victoria II. Made by the same company.

There's no strict victory condition save one imposed by yourself. Conquer the world? Highest ranking country? Stuff like that.

Oceania:

G8MR1od.png

Britain released New Zealand like they released Canada and Trinidad: for the Colonial Points during a colonial race. Britain has most of the islands here, except New Caledonia region in French hands and Tonga region, which is in my hands, though hard to see.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

And last... bunch of islands:

Yr4iU55.png

Not seen is Bonin Island in Japanese hands and Chile with Easter Island.

So it's basically Spain with the Marshall, Marianas, and Carolinas, Britain with the Solomon, Fiji, and Tahiti, France with New Caledonia and the Marquesas, and I as Mexico with Tonga, Line Islands, and the Hawaii archipelago. I'm talking regions here.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Cyltan and Hoelun can actually do some GBA style support building on this map if they stay next to each other for a few turns.

Not sure if that is an intentional reference, but it's a thing.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

They are hiding their weapons behind their homes!

In order to defend themselves from pillagers.

For real tho, I didn't even know there was loot if you destroy the homes. I just chose not to do that.

It's not hidden in any way. It's listed in the houses' inventory as dropable items.

Since those houses are technically just enemy units with 0 move that can't attack. Same as the boulders.

Edited by BrightBow