Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

At least this is better than the alternative outcome of this map, where Hoelun agrees to marry the ugly bastard from the bottom-left hut in exchange for his help.

Doing this causes both Hoelun and Urven to leave the party.

Not even sure why you'd want to to that, apart from losing two units, it also completely flies in the face of Hoelun's arc.

Only Urven leaves the party to keep an eye on this guy.

It's normal for Hoelun to be absent on the next map since she goes with Gyshkal.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Surprised you think Chrom and Lissa and insane...

No, no, those two aren't insane. They're just supremely stupid. Stupid and/or insane is how I'd describe everyone.

...but Sully. Sully is the greatest thing to have happened to this sorry band.

Also, the team has yet to acknowledge Virion's presence. Just saying.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

If you don’t find the idea of cute Pegasus girl tripping hilarious enough to laugh at it 15 times you’re in for a wild ride.

I mean, I did find it a little funny that Kellam's portrait just sort of appeared and they didn't even bother to show his model anywhere.

Also, Vaike starting the map with his inventory empty is Kaga-tier gameplay-story integration.

And the thing with Kjelle is that her paralogue is also complete and utter trash like most of the paralogues in Awakening, so on top of being boring she should be left there.

...wow, I sound like a Kaga fan. Where did that come from?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, the team has yet to acknowledge Virion's presence. Just saying.

You thought they were going to? Hah! Play like 10 more chapters.

I mean, I did find it a little funny that Kellam's portrait just sort of appeared and they didn't even bother to show his model anywhere.

I was right!

He has cute supports with Sully on top of that, so that makes him worth using, right?

Also, Vaike starting the map with his inventory empty is Kaga-tier gameplay-story integration.

The correct opinion.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Except Sully. Why oh why is Sully not in cutscenes. I need her in cutscenes to preserve my sanity.

Madness is inevitable then.

(You also cannot marry Sully, gay options aren't available in Awakening)

In other news, my Capture Conquest run officially has it's first victim, Haitaka has been caught. (Anyone know what's the cap of units you can have and can you free up units by getting others killed?)

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I never did Apotheosis... maybe I should give it a try...

Whoo boy, Apotheosis.

I beat it several times......after maxing out everyone and giving them good skills.

Fuck, I lost. I guess we're past the "mindlessly easy" part, because Miriel can't take two hits. Oh, well.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He has cute supports with Sully on top of that, so that makes him worth using, right?

I was gonna do it regardless.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

(You also cannot marry Sully, gay options aren't available in Awakening)

Okay, let me just... restart my run, then...

...Nah, I mean, it's not like I identify with the avatar, anyway. Edgy Kabba will find her soulmate among the boys.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

my Capture Conquest run officially has it's first victim, Haitaka has been caught.

Haitaka is unironically great. He and Kumagera both are badasses. Do keep them on the team.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Oh, so you know my name"

"No, it just... it's strange... it just came to me, sort of."

10 seconds earlier

Little girl next to Chrom: "wE'vE gOT To dO SomeThInG, CHROM"

This is gonna be one hell of a ride, isn't it...

Why do I have the feeling there wasn't much communication between IS writers and the teams doing the cutscenes? Because the cutscenes are actually competently written and directed.

I mean, just look at the cutscene in chapter 1, when the earth gets torn asunder and monsters emerge. The animators most certainly did a good job in making it look like the huge event it should be. And Lissa and Chrom react with the appropriate amount of shock and horror you'd expect.
But the moment the cutscene is over, they just treat it like another day at the office. Just a little invasion from the netherrealms. Nothing to sour the mood, right?

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Haitaka is unironically great. He and Kumagera both are badasses. Do keep them on the team.

.....That's the whole reason I'm doing it. (Though I'll try to open up paralogues for the sake of opening up exp for the captured army.

Certainly not capturing them for the hell of it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck, I lost. I guess we're past the "mindlessly easy" part, because Miriel can't take two hits. Oh, well.

>Miriel

>Taking hits

Pick one.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Whoo boy, Apotheosis.

I beat it several times......after maxing out everyone and giving them good skills.

I ended up doing it years after unlocking it.

I never got round to the secret route, not even out of fear but just not remembering to.

Okay, two things: First off, Validar looks hilariously stupid.

Hey man, don't make fun of Jafar just because a cartoon bomb blew up in this face.

The Disney villain, I mean. Not the FE7 edgelord.

"I am NOT delicate!"

Yes, and you know what else you aren't?

Deployed.

As for me if I wouldn't have deployed anyone I found desperate and obnoxious... well, I suppose I wouldn't have gotten past the demo.

Those boots of Sumia's are the second-best character in Awakening so far. Behind Sully. Yeah, this is a gag that's totally not gonna get old by the third time they pull it.

You know, come to think about it, where even is Kellam? Why did we just leave him in the base after said one line?

In any case, that's it for now. I'll go eat a snack, and... Then I guess I'll just go right back to it. My next SGW update is almost ready, I just need to read through it a bit for typos and whatnot, so it's not like I've much else to do but play Buggening.

...Not, but seriously, what the fuck just happened. Sully I get, seems she's just another member of Chrom's entourage, but... Did Virion just pop out of the woodwork to stalk her? Why is he here? Why is he joining us? What is anything?

Sully's case isn't much better. You might have noticed she never appears again after her initial appearance. No explanation of why she was strolling around on her lonesome.

And I suppose Virion just likes to stalk women who wander through the forest alone in the middle of the night.
Not that he ever actually joins since, like Sully, he is not acknowledged after his initial appearance.

Oh, but it gets dumber once you realize he is actually a "pseudo important" character.

Edited by BrightBow

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you don’t find the idea of cute Pegasus girl tripping hilarious enough to laugh at it 15 times you’re in for a wild ride.

We will never acknowledge characters after the initial appearance, but we will be damned if we don't keep bringing her back just so we can keep repeating this routine over and over and over.

...and consequently make her supposed "friends" look like assholes since they don't object to letting someone on the battlefield who is clearly not capable.
Not that they weren't already, so I guess it's a moot point.

Edited by BrightBow

I mean, it's FE. It's playable if you're not plot-important else why are you even here? Only you get to be a non-combatant if you're enough important in something else.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

While the game is certainly going for comedy-intended exaggeration, her clumsiness in general I find it relatable.

It's not constant tripping, but after hitting myself with objects or walls enough times makes you appreciate someone who can shrug worse stuff of...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Neither was her slapping Chrom, but at least we get this video 

Yeah... no. If they were going that route, should've just stick with the standard slap. Not an outright punch.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah... no. If they were going that route, should've just stick with the standard slap. Not an outright punch.

I think it looks more like a slap, but that doesn’t affect its comedic value for me.

Unless you mean in whatever manga thing they showed pictures of, but I don’t even know what that is so.

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

While the game is certainly going for comedy-intended exaggeration, her clumsiness in general I find it relatable.

It's not constant tripping, but after hitting myself with objects or walls enough times makes you appreciate someone who can shrug worse stuff of...

Personally I don't find using problems that are likely to cause issues for people I care about as well as generally make my life harder, as desperate fetish appeal to be all that endearing.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Sooks said:

I think it looks more like a slap, but that doesn’t affect its comedic value for me.

It's not. Lissa outright says she punched him. Just, with the swiping swing of a slap, but fist closed.