• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

The thing is, people can start this way, but Sooks's criticism is probably because, once you get the ball rolling, anyone can be amazing. All you need to is to get that initial push that shoves them past the critical point.

I suppose that's true, but when half the army is already there...

Then again, I'm being a hypocrite here. I do that in every game in the series. The problem here is that I can't for the life of me bring myself to care about this game...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem here is that I can't for the life of me bring myself to care about this game...

Then why force yourself to play it? You're only going to end up hating the game more for it.

Not that I'm telling you what to do, of course. You do you, by all means.

Edited by twilitfalchion

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I heard. Nintendo are utterly incomprehensible at times.

Indeed. Somewhere in the distance I can hear Nintendo Switch Online Overview playing.

Fool! Berwick Saga is the therapy!

How long does Sooks% completion take!?

No, actually, I picked up Tharja. She'll join the bench, or she'll die in a couple chapters like everyone who doesn't have 18 defense when paired up.

Well, no point in using Tharja without Gaius.

Not really. The group of Sully, Kellam, Frederick, Chrom and Edgy Kabba can all just pair up with each other and no matter what the combination is, it'll turn them into invincible juggernauts. No thought required, there.

Well yeah, that’s once you get the ball rolling like I’ll mention right below this.

Hah! Fair enough.

Birthright is good though!!

Miriel, Donnel, Gaius, Virion, both healers before Libra... They're all so bad, get killed in two hits, even get doubled by the enemies... It's like my army consists entirely of Amelias and Seths. I hate it. Virion so far is the only one who's managed to stay afloat in stats enough to survive.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The thing is, people can start this way, but Sooks's criticism is probably because, once you get the ball rolling, anyone can be amazing. All you need to is to get that initial push that shoves them past the critical point.

Yeah Interdimensional Observer is right, once you get that ball rolling it does not stop ever.

Edited by Sooks

LMAO SUPER MARIO PARTY FINALLY GOT ONLINE PLAY FOR THE BOARDS!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really, I wouldn't call it hatred. I expected a bad game, and I got an even worse game than I expected.

I think that's part of the problem ngl. You went into this game expecting not to like it and......well that's what's happening right now. You said you went in with no expectations but i do think you never expected to actually enjoy the game, so that's probably affecting your perception of it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fans of Awakening in the thread, if you're reading this, then pray tell. Why? Why do you like this game? Is there a reason beyond "it was my first"? I see the virtues in Three Houses, as much as its flaws kill it for me. I get that people enjoy SoV's presentation and PoR's story. But... but this game has literally nothing good to it. It's just a horrible mess through and through, from where I'm standing. So please, enlighten me. What do you see in this game that I do not?

Well i spent like 200 hours on the game before i sold it to buy a Switch lol, a small price to pay and the biggest draw for me is the characters. I just like most of them. There's something to be said about the quantity of Supports but honestly, Awakening handled it's quantity decently well.

I also enjoy breaking things so making my units as strong as possible was really enjoyable and i spent a lot of time with the post-game stuff.

Won't deny the faults the game has, the game being a mostly rout fest is pretty dumb, the maps could be better but it still has better maps than FE4 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahaha gottem and the story is pretty dumb but also lol Fire Emblem plots.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw Great Shield making me reset

tfw crash right after reset

haha

I can feel the pain through the screen.

Great Shield in Kaga games is so cringe.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, I've never really seen much praise for the OST, I'm honestly not sure if any Metroid game is known for the music.

It's weird because like i said, i think Super Metroid's OST fits the game perfectly but at the same time, i don't remember it.

Really need to think about how to judge this part of the game.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds slightly dated, something about the acoustics is "retro" to me, but not bad for the starting area, which if anything usually gets a good track to fire up the player ASAP.

Oh yeah, from what i've heard, Castlevania has much more memorable tracks. Even the infamous Simon's Quest has a tune that everyone seems to know.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am so annoyed right now.

Like, the map is really cool and all, but retrying a few turns with 22 actions each not due to a mistake but due to a crash is...

DJzWRTn.png

Pain.

Weird tho because i never experienced crashes.

45 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

PAppWZq.png

heh

I mean it was obvious, but still xD

I mean...

Spoiler

"hE cAn'T uSe SwOrDs, It'S dEfInItElY nOt HiM"

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well i spent like 200 hours on the game before i sold it to buy a Switch lol, a small price to pay and the biggest draw for me is the characters. I just like most of them. There's something to be said about the quantity of Supports but honestly, Awakening handled it's quantity decently well.

I also enjoy breaking things so making my units as strong as possible was really enjoyable and i spent a lot of time with the post-game stuff.

Won't deny the faults the game has, the game being a mostly rout fest is pretty dumb, the maps could be better but it still has better maps than FE4 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahaha gottem and the story is pretty dumb but also lol Fire Emblem plots.

This also, basically, is how I feel about the game as well.

Ohohohohohoh... Oh, no way. Is the game really giving me the choice to sacrifice Emmeryn? Really? Ahahahah...!

Yeah, you know what? Sure. You can take her, Gangrel. I've got Libra, and he's the only healer I'll ever need, with those stats of his.

...Oh, of course the choice didn't matter. Should've known better than to expect anything from this game.

h4Z42U1.jpg
45XRjgR.png

What was accomplished by killing off the character that was obviously going to die?

I thought she would be recruitable when I first played.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

thought she would be recruitable when I first played.

I mean.....

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah yes, the daily dose of war crimes.

Oh, for Zoy, I did neglect to mention that

Spoiler

Zech is wearing that same Vermil Ring at the start of the game, when he's a green unit in the prologue. Zech also has the Silvanister there, which is... also missing. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

don't think i've ever been that unmotivated to reset

Thanks, SRPG studio

I've seen people have problems with crashing before, but you've had it many times worse than anybody else I've seen.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oh, for Zoy, I did neglect to mention that

Reveal hidden contents

Zech is wearing that same Vermil Ring at the start of the game, when he's a green unit in the prologue. Zech also has the Silvanister there, which is... also missing. 

I've seen people have problems with crashing before, but you've had it many times worse than anybody else I've seen.

Thing is, this is probably the first SRPG studio game where i faced so many crashes, and i play alot of SRPG studio games. Japanese and english ones.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Another crash?

not another one but i am not in the mood to play at all after the crash

that, and i am afraid another crash migh happen lol. 

It usually crashes when i access stockpile, but not accessing stockpile in a map with so so many enemies is just not feasible

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not another one but i am not in the mood to play at all after the crash

that, and i am afraid another crash migh happen lol. 

It's a sign.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It usually crashes when i access stockpile, but not accessing stockpile in a map with so so many enemies is just not feasible

Is this during prep or after? Because maybe you could try to do it during prep and have everything set up.

Although i don't know how many turns you're in.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You mean.....?

You know.

Is this during prep or after?

both

? Because maybe you could try to do it during prep and have everything set up

oh i did, but i still need more weapons because they keep breaking due to the number of enemies

57 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Then why force yourself to play it? You're only going to end up hating the game more for it.

Frankly, the engine is pleasant enough to play that I don't really mind continuing for a bit. If this is supposed to be "the good part" of Awakening, according to the others in the thread that don't like it, I'm really curious to see what qualifies as "bad."

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How long does Sooks% completion take!?

Not any longer than a regular run, but it requires extensive knowledge of the game and a ton of preparation and planning.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think that's part of the problem ngl. You went into this game expecting not to like it and......well that's what's happening right now. You said you went in with no expectations but i do think you never expected to actually enjoy the game, so that's probably affecting your perception of it.

I don't know, this game is even easier than PoR and the story is absolute garbage in none of the entertaining ways that Conquest was. If anything, I'm glad I went in expecting not to like it, because if I had expected anything else I'd be really angry right about now.

But yes, you make a fair point. After everything I heard about the game, I went in knowing full well that this is not the game for me.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

the biggest draw for me is the characters.

...Ah.

I won't claim to understand. But it's a perfectly valid opinion.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is, this is probably the first SRPG studio game where i faced so many crashes, and i play alot of SRPG studio games. Japanese and english ones.

Don't forget that Kaga was using an outdated version of SRPG studio because he's old and old people work in mysterious ways. The translators had to more or less perform necromancy on it to get it to work. It's a wonder they even managed it at all.

Still, it sucks that you're suffering such problems with it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Frankly, the engine is pleasant enough to play that I don't really mind continuing for a bit. If this is supposed to be "the good part" of Awakening, according to the others in the thread that don't like it, I'm really curious to see what qualifies as "bad."

Yes! I want you reaction to the game going off a cliff 🍿. Now make certain you stop at 13 or 15 so I can be right.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't forget that Kaga was using an outdated version of SRPG studio because he's old and old people work in mysterious ways. The translators had to more or less perform necromancy on it to get it to work. It's a wonder they even managed it at all.

Thing is, updating to a new version shouldn't be that hard. I think. You just re-compile everything.

Heck, one time my anti-virus deleted a exe file of a srpg game i downloaded, i just created it an exe for my own srpg project and copied it and it worked lmao

You know, thinking about it now (VS1 story stuff inside, open at your own risk), something grabbed me about seeing the description of the Vermil Ring.

Spoiler

The ring is seen on Zech in the prologue, but in the description, it says he got it from "someone he revered in his youth." He's not wearing it because he's engaged to Athol, but considering his implied age, he's had it for a decent amount of time. 

Also, the sword of Silvanister, like I said earlier, was in Zech's inventory in the prologue, but has completely disappeared since. 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Uh...

Is it official to the Teehee canon that I’m clinically insane?

You know, the lil' Spotpass chapters.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

both

oh i did, but i still need more weapons because they keep breaking due to the number of enemies

Pain.

Yeah man, i really don't know what to tell you. Don't think the game ever crashed for me. The only thing that crashed was my patience lol.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, this game is even easier than PoR

Ngl, i think PoR is easier.