• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

96rJLZk.png

And with the support that'S extra 10 evasion. That guy ain't so bad like you guys were telling me haha

It's cause he sniped me lol.

But honestly, the survive part of the map gave me the most trouble.

Birthright is also helped by the fact that is has one bad map, and you have Ryoma by that point so...

and the best fe with the best difficulty options? Difficult question. I guess Conquest, but it gets a little too hard in endgame and kind of Takumi’s Map.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Weird...

And where am I, again?

...Chapter 10. Huh. Well, unless the game's quality plummets even further, I think I can do chapter 16.

How much did you hate the ambush spawn chapters?

OOH DO 12! It’s not like the rest of the mid game in the way it sucks but it does very much suck. Although if all your units are gods, maybe it won’t be an issue? Either way, 🍿.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've no say on the matter, I've not played that route. What I have heard is not good, though. Doesn't Ryoma just solo the entire game? That sounds an awful lot like PoR, and SS, and Awakening...

And the solution is also as simple as SS.

Bench him. The end.

Edited by Sooks

cjjpDwN.png

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But honestly, the survive part of the map gave me the most trouble.

Canto ponies + Ballista dude did most of the work there so far. The hard part would be getting all the rewards before the Dragon appears (Turn 15) which i am gonna attempt now haha

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Birthright is also helped by the fact that is has one bad map, and you have Ryoma by that point so...

Tell me (you or anybody else), how is Birthright's difficulty if you bench Ryoma?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

and the best fe with the best difficulty options? Difficult question.

Not really, it's DSFE. They have enough options for everyone instead of just two, equally bad ones, for starters.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How much did you hate the ambush spawn chapters?

5 annoyed me a bit. The other one I just didn't care.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And the solution is also as simple as SS.

Bench him. The end.

Well... I mean, back in the day that worked, but I've since gotten better at the game (as much as it doesn't look like it, if my LPs are anything to go by), and nowadays even without Seth FE8 is pathetic, so... Is Ryomaless Birthright any better?

Birthright is pretty easy either way, imo. Takumi is still pretty darn good on his own. And ofc Corrin is kinda broken as well in any route. 

Also, alot of the enemies in Birthright dont advance like they do in conquest. 

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Birthright is pretty easy either way, imo. Takumi is still pretty darn good on his own. And ofc Corrin is kinda broken as well in any route. 

Also, alot of the enemies in Birthright dont advance like they do in conquest. 

Too bad.

I think Birthright hard is a moderate difficulty, but Takumi should probably be benched as well.  I have yet to get around to lunatic though. If you’re expecting Conquest, though...

Edited by Sooks

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I've been dissing this game's story a lot, but... wow, this is a new low. The Hierarch is introduced, he's described by Chrom as an important figure in the Ylissean government and a person who guided Emmeryn through the darkest times... And yet he has exactly one line before he's immediately revealed to have betrayed Emmeryn. And then he dies, just like that.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot about that part. Absolutely amazing. You just can't make this shit up.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot about that part. Absolutely amazing. You just can't make this shit up.

I've got to agree with you here. This game's story has been pretty bad so far, but... very harmlessly bad. Unremarkable, even. It's not like Conquest which does everything wrong in the funniest ways.

This particular plot point, though? It's got to be some of the worst writing I've seen in my life, no joke. Nothing Garon does comes even close to being as much of a writing fuck up as the Hierarch. I don't even understand why they did that, there was no reason!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Birthright manages to be simple-ish (compared to Conquest) and allow for grinding while still allowing for thoughtful gameplay, Ryoma excluded. This is helped by Fates mechanics like dragon veins and use of the debuff weapons. Take chapter 9 for example, I had to reset like five times on hard mode. The unique terrain and the shuriken are what provided the difficulty, and I had to think of how to deal with that while using tools the game gave me like dragon veins and weapon triangle, why if his very helpful with shuriken. Fun map.

Oh and in regards to the Hierarch, I have no clue who that is so that should be Indicative of the quality of writing there (from my perspective).

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Birthright is a good game. I liked the cast, and the music was excellent.

All of FE is a good game, honestly. The issues come when you start to develop preferences within FE. But I wouldn't call even Awakening a bad game, period.

...I would call it a bad story, but eh, I digress.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All of FE is a good game, honestly. The issues come when you start to develop preferences within FE. But I wouldn't call even Awakening a bad game, period..

What?? But you’re always like “I wish I could be like the people who like all of FE!” and you’re calling all of FE a good game? I know that doesn’t mean you like them, but... that’s not a Ruben take at all. Imposter. ⚔️.

As for me, I think Awakening and SoV fail at having what makes FE fun, making them not good games. But of course, you’re not at that part with Awakening yet, so we’ll see if you still agree with that.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Canto ponies + Ballista dude did most of the work there so far.

Well you also trained up everyone, I didn't lol.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

.I would call it a bad story, but eh, I digress.

You call it a bad story, I just call it an FE plot lol.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What?? But you’re always like “I wish I could be like the people who like all of FE!” and you’re calling all of FE a good game?

Just because I am unable to enjoy all of FE doesn't mean I can't see them for what they are. At its core, the FE formula is great, and for the most part they're all solidly programmed as well (lookin' at you, Three Houses...). Objectively speaking, I can't really call them "bad" games.

I know, I know, you're joking, but hey. I'm saying something nice about the FEs I don't like, for a chance. Don't make me stop.

that’s not a Ruben take at all. Imposter. ⚔️.

Am I truly such a bitter individual that any time I express any positivity at all, I'm not myself?

...I keep asking these questions, even though I know the answer...

As for me, I think Awakening and SoV fail at having what makes FE fun, making them not good games. But of course, you’re not at that part with Awakening yet, so we’ll see if you still agree with that.

Hohohohoh... A challenge, I see! It's more than Awakening has given me

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I see you're finally thinking rationally.

Thank you.

Come with me, and we can finish your brainwashing training. Hm...yes...

Pah. I cannot be felled by your feeble tricks. I am undefeatable by the likes of you!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You call it a bad story, I just call it an FE plot lol.

I dunno man, the Hierarch nonsense is something else. The one guy from FE8 at least had the decency to be playable for one map. I know it's just one thing, but... It's a pretty damn big thing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really, I wouldn't call it hatred. I expected a bad game, and I got an even worse game than I expected. It's not a tremendous disappointment like Three Houses. At this point I'm just wondering how much more bad could it possibly get.

Again, still in the part that certain people say is good. Or even that is has a "good story".

Right... Perhaps they were discussing that in the scene that I skipped out of boredom. My fault.

...I mean, this is I think the first Fire Emblem where I've started to skip scenes because I care that little about what happens, but... My fault, my fault.

It's also so obvious how barebones the whole script is. It's kinda like how they dumped down the Radiant Dawn script but somehow much, much worse.
But you know, you can keep your script as short as you like, if it's not engaging it's still gonna be a chore to read.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I still can't get over that, seriously. It was so absurd a display of incompetence from the writers that it gave me whiplash. Whereas Conquest's story was so bad it was good, this shoots right past that and lands firmly on "so bad I can't believe human beings wrote it."

Couldn't have found a better way to describe my feelings on the matter.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The one guy from FE8 at least had the decency to be playable for one map.

Whom?

But for real, most of FE and KagaSaga plots are basically the same for me. I know I've said this before but I think the only one out of all these games that actually has a better than above average plot is Radiant Dawn, though I'll give Path of Radiance a lot of points for taking the standard FE plot and executing it the best.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well you also trained up everyone, I didn't lol

Not really everyone, but the game does let you atleast 80% deploy in most of the maps, so it's hard to not have some not trained. Like the only guys i really didn't use were the Axe bros, Prody and that's maybe it.

This game wasn't really designed with Iron man in mind, and it shows

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

This game wasn't really designed with Iron man in mind, and it shows

What's funny is that Kaga appearently play tested this game by iron manning it.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not really everyone, but the game does let you atleast 80% deploy in most of the maps, so it's hard to not have some not trained.

Haha.