Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

The best one, and it can solo the game with Gunter as its... maker. You just need to do Corrin’s paralogue and that Kana will absolutely destroy the game, without a doubt.

You know what'd be even more hilarious, though? Make Kana with Izana and then he has a whopping two chapters of availability.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what'd be even more hilarious, though? Make Kana with Izana and then he has a whopping two chapters of availability.

With how support works I don’t think you have enough time to actually get Kana from chapter 23 unless you grind with my castle, but that’s not a viable option because your copy is just that legitimate on your super legitimate Nintendo 3DS system, or saving a bunch of paralogues to grind it, but I mean, you’re Ruben. You won’t do that.

btw @Saint Rubenio, I kind of misexplained the pacing of Y0.

Basically, WHEN you are doing the main story, you can expect a lot of text, cutscenes and the like. There's certainly fighting too, but you can expect a fair bit of dialogue as you proceed.

However, normally you can proceed with the main story when you feel like it. If you were to only do the main story and skipped everything else, you might have a bit of downtime. The game's pacing is mostly designed around the fact that you can screw around, doing whatever you want. Like me, I spent four hours playing Shogi, Mahjong and chasing Mr. Shakedown around! Most of the game will probably be spent not doing the main story and instead doing side content, playing minigames or just fighting random thugs on the street for fun.

tl;dr, you don't have to worry about the game being more like a movie.

Yeah, you know what? Fuck it, it's decided. Shura is Conquest's only decent character. He'll be getting that genocidal b*ssy.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

With how support works I don’t think you have enough time to actually get Kana from chapter 23 unless you grind with my castle, but that’s not a viable option because your copy is just that legitimate on your super legitimate Nintendo 3DS system, or saving a bunch of paralogues to grind it, but I mean, you’re Ruben. You won’t do that.

Hahahaha... My copy is so legitimate that it is incompatible with regular copies because even those are more tainted than mine.

Seriously though, why Fates. Why does Izana have no availability in the best route. He's the best character.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

btw @Saint Rubenio, I kind of misexplained the pacing of Y0.

Basically, WHEN you are doing the main story, you can expect a lot of text, cutscenes and the like. There's certainly fighting too, but you can expect a fair bit of dialogue as you proceed.

However, normally you can proceed with the main story when you feel like it. If you were to only do the main story and skipped everything else, you might have a bit of downtime. The game's pacing is mostly designed around the fact that you can screw around, doing whatever you want. Like me, I spent four hours playing Shogi, Mahjong and chasing Mr. Shakedown around! Most of the game will probably be spent not doing the main story and instead doing side content, playing minigames or just fighting random thugs on the street for fun.

tl;dr, you don't have to worry about the game being more like a movie.

So basically, it's like any open world game: I'll play the story for about 10 minutes, get sidetracked, spend 60 hours doing whatever and then quit halfway through the main quest.

I don't even mean that in a bad way. I've enjoyed most of the open world games I've played, I just get distracted way too easily.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

don't even mean that in a bd way. I've enjoyed most of the open world games I've played, I just get distracted way too easily.

Yeeaahh, it's got a lot to distract you with. The good news is that this open world is really dense! And also the story is fantastic, so maybe you'll care enough?

Also, the game doesn't 100% open up right away, so to see everything, you'll definitely have to progress. Something that is an option is rushing through the main story, then doing the postgame (Y0 has a proper postgame that lets you do anything you missed or didn't want to do before) so that you can fully sidetrack.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, you know what? Fuck it, it's decided. Shura is Conquest's only decent character. He'll be getting that genocidal b*ssy.

Wow picking a Fates character for his character. Interesting.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Shrimpy early VS1: Bow Roy sucks

Shrimpy Late VS1 and early VS2: I miss Bow Sigurd ;_;

Ahh, the wonders of character development.

Cyltan best boy.

...though Zadetan >>>>>>> Hoetan still.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeeaahh, it's got a lot to distract you with. The good news is that this open world is really dense! And also the story is fantastic, so maybe you'll care enough?

Also, the game doesn't 100% open up right away, so to see everything, you'll definitely have to progress. Something that is an option is rushing through the main story, then doing the postgame (Y0 has a proper postgame that lets you do anything you missed or didn't want to do before) so that you can fully sidetrack.

That's what Bully did and it got me to finish the game, so that's not a bad idea.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow picking a Fates character for his character. Interesting.

Shura is awesome. I will die on this hill if I have to.

See, the Fates team knew they had accidentally written a decent, nuanced, properly gray character, so they did their best to keep the player from getting him by making him cost a boots.

Unfortunately for then, I am a loose cannon who wants to get stuck again, so I'm going to get him and all the generic bosses again.

That's what Bully did and it got me to finish the game, so that's not a bad idea.

Do note that the main story itself is still a full 30+ hours, even if you ignore everythin'.

But I digress, I just want someone else to try this series that I love, and hope they enjoy it too!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Do note that the main story itself is still a full 30+ hours, even if you ignore everythin'.

But I digress, I just want someone else to try this series that I love, and hope they enjoy it too!

I'm a simple man. Game lets me toss people around, I love it.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

genocidal b*ssy.

bessy?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, the Fates team knew they had accidentally written a decent, nuanced, properly gray character, so they did their best to keep the player from getting him by making him cost a boots.

And of course do nothing with his supports. But that's true of every non-royal/retainer/Mozu/Nyx I guess.

I'm still mad they gave him no conclusion to an arc with Azura, considering he kidnapped her.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shura is awesome. I will die on this hill if I have to.

Unfortunately for then, I am a loose cannon who wants to get stuck again, so I'm going to get him and all the generic bosses again.

I didn’t know you read the supports. Unless you think he’s nuanced from like his two lines.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

bessy?

Yes.

That's exactly it.

And of course do nothing with his supports. But that's true of every non-royal/retainer/Mozu/Nyx I guess.

To be fair, his support with Corrin is pretty okay.

I'm still mad they gave him no conclusion to an arc with Azura, considering he kidnapped her.

I mean, he's good for Fates standards. Doesn't mean he's perfect.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t know you read the supports.

I did, in Fates.

Still, Shura's goodness doesn't come from his support.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, Shura's goodness doesn't come from his support.

So then... it is from his one scene?

I don’t know about that.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So then... it is from his one scene?

I don’t know about that.

His one scene, his battle convo with Kotaro and his one support.

When everyone else is awful, one latches on to anything.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, he's good for Fates standards. Doesn't mean he's perfect.

That's Fates's, not Shura's fault.

His one scene, his battle convo with Kotaro and his one support.

When everyone else is awful, one latches on to anything.

I'm pretty sure he gets the Azura piece in BR, but Rev is mean because you kill Kotaro before meeting him and he just joins you afterwards because he hasn't much else to do.

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time to try and capture Bald Wario..

again...

Late, but may your Slayne not be a total asshole about it.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Shrimpy Late VS1 and early VS2: I miss Bow Sigurd ;_;

At least you've got Amlute to kick some ass as a Tarkhan. Just lipservice to the legend, but still, it's something.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...though Zadetan >>>>>>> Hoetan still.

Yes.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''When will they kiss'' -Best Boy Theo.

YES.

RWlJpH2.png

My girl Accorte at it again

Now don't get Dragon'd or Adept'd, Bald Wario

Huh...

she has a low Skl cap than in VS1 doesn't she? I am pretty sure it was 20 in VS1, here she already capped at 17

Edited by Shrimperor