Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, lightcosmo said:

If you mean the PS3/4 ones, if you have never played either, it has the international content in it. (I.E the expert sphere grid, some new abilities, some changes to already existing ones.)

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I played the original on PS2 back in the day, and I've played the HD remaster on PS4. I'd say, if you still have a working PS2 and/or you can emulate it well enough, you don't really need to bother with the HD remaster, because other than updated graphics, they haven't changed a whole lot. Or anything, really. Not that I remember, at leas--

You wouldn't say that it has much more than the originals then?

Probably more worthwhile to start over with the originals unless there's something really big in it, a I think the European version did have Expert Shpere grid.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm sure this has happened to some people but I can't say I understand it. More often than not, hearing the same voice will likely make me go

It isn't always the case for me. Sometimes it is just "Hey, I recognize this!" and making a little joke to myself or two about the shared VA. Although it's until recently that I've actually become attentive to it. Devil Survivor 2 had me noticing almost everyone from the start, for starters, I perceived Doug, Lin, and Celica from XCX, as well as two of the male Cross voices, and although it took me months to figure it out, Jungo uses a Rune Factory character.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of, I should probably get to Etrian Odyssey III sometime soon.
I had that thing for years now, but never got around to it for some reason.

It's probably going to be on the rougher side of things, considering it predates IV and each EO generally smooths out some of the gameplay faults of the prior games. Get used to enemies being static sprites as opposed to 3D models too.  

Unusually, there is a true ending and two other endings to EOIII. The true ending requirements I read are:

• Make a promise to lie, break that promise later.
  • Reach 14F and go to Armoroad for an event, then go to the Deep City for another event.
  • And, after handing in the mission for killing the 4th Stratum boss, do not accept the new mission for the 5th Stratum to unlock. 
  • Go to a specific section of 10F instead, and answer "yes" to the question asked there. The true ending conditions have been set. Your final boss will differ, as each ending has its own.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If this ain't a love letter to a game you love, I don't know what is.
Nice write-up!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

M0AuIX8.gif

I'd say I feel attacked, but the FE and Trails ones are on point.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, neat!
I had no idea!

Yeah, I'm a little sad, too. But hey, what can you do?

Congrats on that! ^^
I don't usually have the patience for that kind of stuff, haha!

True! XD

Yup.

The PS2 is just fragile, i've went through 4 or so.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

You wouldn't say that it has much more than the originals then?

Probably more worthwhile to start over with the originals unless there's something really big in it, a I think the European version did have Expert Shpere grid.

If you don't plan on doing alot of the extras or playing 10-2, probably.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you don't plan on doing alot of the extras or playing 10-2, probably.

Is 10-2's that different between editions? (Looking at it PAL FFX has the International edition stuff)

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is 10-2's that different between editions? (Looking at it PAL FFX has the International edition stuff)

If anything, probably for PS4's better graphics and load times. PS3 no way, i'd go with PS2 instead.

Good morning.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

N O

Y E S 

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

When you want to cut ties with it completely, the best thing to do is to just ignore posts and maybe upvote/downvote when you see posts outside the fanbase you left.

Me with Star Wars.

I doubt even Trails toxicity can match the levels of The Last Jedi discourse. Because holy shit, I've never seen a movie so divisive.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah i was one of those XC2 players that thought that Dagas was useless at first... boy how wrong was i? That's what happens when dismiss a blade at first glance in XC2.

Well see the thing with Dagas is his first Affinity Chart is nothing. His second one tho? *Chef's kiss*.

@Shrimperor: Nooooooooo you can't abuse defensive stance, it sucks, attack stance is so much better, use that instead.

Ruben: Yytzv0lb o

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Y E S 

I will instead give Candace the Witch's Mark.

...No, wait, I can't do that-- Damnit, Fates!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yytzv0lb o

I mean, if you succeed with it, you do you. I was never able to succeed with it that much unless i plan to play super defensive, which i hate and which it seems you are doing here 😛

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, if you succeed with it, you do you. I was never able to succeed with it that much unless i plan to play super defensive, which i hate and which it seems you are doing here 😛

I played relatively aggressive until the final two turns. Then a billion enemies appeared and I decided "yeah, you know what? Let's weather the storm for the two turns that remain." And so we did.

I played relatively aggressive until the final two turns. Then a billion enemies appeared and I decided "yeah, you know what? Let's weather the storm for the two turns that remain." And so we did.

I remember years ago when i first did lunatic i did something similiar to yours however forgot to equip Silas with Def sword and he died

I didn't reset because back then i've been stuck on this chapter for months xD

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well see the thing with Dagas is his first Affinity Chart is nothing. His second one tho? *Chef's kiss*.

Haha when i first played i didn't know that! Ah when i was naive and thought he as just some arrogant useless punk, turns out he's a busted arrogant punk!

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I've been playing some Three Houses again, because reasons, picked the Blue Lions, and this is Mercedes currently:
S464uWW.jpg

Unironically my best combat unit right now. I guess you could say that there is no "Mercie" for her enemies.

“Reasons”. Was it to turn Mercedes into a god?

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

So they have rather high requirements to even obtain Reason at all.

D rank..?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Silas will marry Elise

Don’t go for the Silas x Elise support! It sucks! Silas isn’t doing good things there.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Shrimperor: Nooooooooo you can't abuse defensive stance, it sucks, attack stance is so much better, use that instead.

Ruben: Yytzv0lb o

This is giving me anxiety.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t go for the Silas x Elise support! It sucks! Silas isn’t doing good things there.

I mean, at the end of the A support, they agree to ask around to see if anyone's got any ideas for Silas's special Sister Day.

I'm going to say, as my headcanon, that Niles said "you can fuck" and thus it's his fault entirely.

In any case, it's too late. If I don't marry Silas soon, he's going to fall off and I won't get Nichol. Compared to the sacrifices Edgy Kabba made in Valm, this is child's play.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is giving me anxiety.

It was already the end and Haitaka rallied everyone's defense. We made it out just fine.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will instead give Candace the Witch's Mark.

...No, wait, I can't do that-- Damnit, Fates!

It's because of her one-of-a-kind, distinctly... Rubenesque body shape. IS wasn't willing to take that away from her, despite it being okay to do something else like turning a shota into a berserker and seeing their head atop a pack o' abs that doesn't match at all.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's because of her one-of-a-kind, distinctly... Rubenesque body shape.

I know that. For shame, IntSys! Taking away the gender lock from classes, but not the body shape lock!

...Then putting the gender lock back in its place for the next game. That is the real shame.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, DragonFlames said:

Sounds like the bosses are more Nights of Azure-style, as well! That makes the game even more interesting to me!

Huh, I thought you play this game too rn.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's Avengers Endgame for better and for worse.

?

4 came out on PC and Switch a little while ago. I would be playing that right now if, well, you know.

Ah, Idk you don't have a PS4.

Idk if someone here played / is playing Persona 5 Strikers rn:

With which level can I take on the strong shadows?

My party is level 20 and still gets killed with like two hits by the first one in Shibuya.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, at the end of the A support, they agree to ask around to see if anyone's got any ideas for Silas's special Sister Day.

I'm going to say, as my headcanon, that Niles said "you can fuck" and thus it's his fault entirely.

In any case, it's too late. If I don't marry Silas soon, he's going to fall off and I won't get Nichol. Compared to the sacrifices Edgy Kabba made in Valm, this is child's play.

It makes him look like a predator. A lot.

Why didn’t you just marry him to Mozu? That Sophie probably sucks and now neither of them have good pair up bonuses for each other (I mean I guess Elise could use defense but if she’s taking physical attacks you’re doing it wrong) but there was another physical unit right there.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It makes him look like a predator. A lot.

I mean, kinda, yeah, but this is Fates. It is pointless to worry about the morality of anything in this game. You'd be unable to even play it if you did.

Why didn’t you just marry him to Mozu?

...Wait, hold up a minute. If Silas looking like a predator is the issue here, how is the solution to make him marry the literal child instead of the girl that... At least according to Leo is "technically an adult"?

That Sophie probably sucks and now neither of them have good pair up bonuses for each other (I mean I guess Elise could use defense but if she’s taking physical attacks you’re doing it wrong) but there was another physical unit right there.

The reason I didn't marry him to Mozu is that Mozu is a garbage bootleg version of Haitaka that is 10 times worse than him and has no utility. I didn't have room in the team for her, sorry. Plus, as I said earlier, I want to marry Silas as fast as possible before he starts getting doubled on that awful speed of his. Elise was the only option available.

I mean, kinda, yeah, but this is Fates. It is pointless to worry about the morality of anything in this game. You'd be unable to even play it if you did.

Getting Shura is the morally correct decision

...Wait, hold up a minute. If Silas looking like a predator is the issue here, how is the solution to make him marry the literal child instead of the girl that... At least according to Leo is "technically an adult"?

Talking about gameplay because you didn’t seem to care. Elise, of all people.

The reason I didn't marry him to Mozu is that Mozu is a garbage bootleg version of Haitaka that is 10 times worse than him and has no utility. I didn't have room in the team for her, sorry. Plus, as I said earlier, I want to marry Silas as fast as possible before he starts getting doubled on that awful speed of his. Elise was the only option available.

So... you’re using Elise?

Getting Shura is the morally correct decision

Hey, forgive me for accidentally doing the right thing once or twice. I will endeavor never to repeat such a mistake.

Talking about gameplay because you didn’t seem to care. Elise, of all people.

Yes, well, the reason I want to go to Silas's paralogue is Nichol, not Silas's daughter. Elise was there. It works.

So... you’re using Elise?

Frankly, I don't think she'll make it past Forrest.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, well, the reason I want to go to Silas's paralogue is Nichol, not Silas's daughter. Elise was there. It works.

Booooring!

Frankly, I don't think she'll make it past Forrest.

Eh, long enough.

Edited by Sooks