• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

But Soleil’s character is kinda problematic

...How so?

Just now, Wraith said:

So what’s this Genshin Impact that the kids are into these days?

It's another one of the long line of thinly-veiled gambling simulators designed to prey on children and gambling addicts to make buck.

In other words, gacha. Don't even bother.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's another one of the long line of thinly-veiled gambling simulators designed to prey on children and gambling addicts to make buck.

In other words, gacha. Don't even bother.

Why do the children have money to gamble with in the first place!?! All they need is a chicken coop to sleep in and beard and butter for dinner.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...How so?

Hate to beat a dead horse, although maybe Kaga can use it for a "Phantom Knight" class or something.

But there is this questionable trope in Japan, I know it goes back to at least the 1920s from one academic essay I had coincidentally read. Lesbianism is "a phase" which girls might pass through in their teens, but ultimately it's temporary and they're supposed to turn straight later. Soleil falls into this trope I've heard.

Also, in at least one support, Soleil gropes a girl, -or so I'm told.

Meanwhile, it is implied in Japanese version of Fates that the bisexual Niles is bi because of sexual abuse, which is apparently an old Japanese misconception of what "turns" someone LGBTQ. (Although the US used to have back in the 1950s the belief mother-smothering parenting turned their sons gay, so it's not exactly unheard of.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Certain supports have her in the role of creeper flirt. Body switching and other questionable things.

...Oh.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hate to beat a dead horse, although maybe Kaga can use it for a "Phantom Knight" class or something.

But there is this questionable trope in Japan, I know it goes back to at least the 1920s from one academic essay I had coincidentally read. Lesbianism is "a phase" which girls might pass through in their teens, but ultimately it's temporary and they're supposed to turn straight later. Soleil falls into this trope I've heard.

Meanwhile, it is implied in Japanese version of Fates that the bisexual Niles is bi because of sexual abuse, which is apparently an old Japanese misconception of what "turns" someone LGBTQ. (Although the US used to have back in the 1950s the belief mother-smothering parenting turned their sons gay, so it's not exactly unheard of.)

Oh, Jesus... Then again, I already knew Japan's kind of... well, let's say, not very current-day when it comes to these things. It's not that surprising, unfortunately...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's just weird because every Atelier game (at least the modern ones) has always explicitly told you where there's a character event you can see. This one doesn't for some reason. Like, even when a character's in a different spot, that doesn't always guarantee an event.

That is a bit weird, I agree.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Imma be honest, i haven't noticed. I recall you saying events could be missable in this game despite the lack of a timelimit but i haven't really seen that.

The way it works, as far as I understand it, is that some events have cut-off points tied to story progress. So you can lose out on some stuff. Friendship levels for characters also won't advance unless you get the relevant event, either, once they stop.
It's a little strange, but somewhat manageable... unless it's Monika.

---

Meanwhile, Nights of Azure depicts a romance between two girls and it's neither fetishized, nor treated as something special. It's just two people loving each other, and one of the best romances I've ever seen in a video game.
Play Nights of Azure, y'all.

Best Prep. Theme

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Time heals all wounds -until death stops the healing process and everything else altogether.💀😃

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would advise not fanficting any ideas about could've been, though entertaining the ideas might seem. I've found that reopens the gash and infects it with worms and maggots.

Haha

Depends on the series really. Like with Attack on Titan i am just waiting for the Fan ending AnR to happen to just accept it as my headcanon or something.

However when it comes to Trails you are right, especially since that series was way too close to my heart and thinking what could've been and the discussions, wars and theories i particpated in does hurt quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Keep telling yourself that, pops.

And another thing...these kids these days and their animes and their hip hop music and their fortnights and their PS6 and their...

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay, no, actually, Soleil has like, the best design of any girl in the game. I want her on the team.

Ruben? With good taste? I guess miracles do happen.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’re okay with this becoming a Trails thread?

It literally started as a Trails joke.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know she's into fellow girls and cute things. Frankly, I fail to see the problem here.

Soleil is extremely based because she doesn't give a single fuck about what people think of her. She's also just extremely chill.

I already love these two character traits individually. Put 'em together in the form of a cute girl and that's honestly an absolute win right there.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyway best normal battle theme

Trails normal battle themes absolutely peaked with Get over the Barrier and i don't think it can ever be topped.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah but this is just standard anime hahas.

I've seen enough anime and games where one girl gropes another girl's breast. It's very eyerolling but i've been desensitized to it by this point.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Friendship levels for characters also won't advance unless you get the relevant event, either, once they stop.

Considering i can't actually see what those are, this could be a problem.

Not that every Atelier lets you see friendship levels but still.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's a little strange, but somewhat manageable... unless it's Monika.

I see. I'll keep an eye out then.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Trails normal battle themes absolutely peaked with Get over the Barrier and i don't think it can ever be topped

Facts.

Also Facts: Gaming music peaked with The Azure Arbitrator and will never ever be topped.

Just now, Armagon said:

Considering i can't actually see what those are, this could be a problem.

Not that every Atelier lets you see friendship levels but still.

You can, though!
There should be something like "Friendship" and then a number behind it on a characters stat screen. If that number is red, you need to view an event to advance it higher.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I see. I'll keep an eye out then.

Second to last/Last day of the week, early in the morning. At the church.
That's the location and timeframe for her events, usually.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...How so?

Interdimensional Observer did a pretty good with the Japanese stereotype she’s playing into, but I want to add it’s sort of forwarded by the fact that she cannot S support a single girl, including a female avatar or Rhajat in revelation. She also sort of tries to force her sexuality to change to be with the male avatar (Her Japanese Corrin support sees him spiking her drink with a “magic powder“ to make her see women as men and men as women (I think without her consent) and she falls in love with the male Corrin (who she sees as a woman), and when the drug wears off her love “carried over” to the male Corrin, but this was censored in the west to her ), so yay representation. She also openly harasses the other gen 2 gals in like... all of her supports with them after they clearly ask her to stop and express their discomfort. Wonderful portrayal right there, for the first openly gay character in fe (I think, correct me if I’m wrong).

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Meanwhile, Nights of Azure depicts a romance between two girls and it's neither fetishized, nor treated as something special. It's just two people loving each other, and one of the best romances I've ever seen in a video game.

That is very nice of Nights of Azure.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben? With good taste? I guess miracles do happen.

You son of a--

Soleil is extremely based because she doesn't give a single fuck about what people think of her. She's also just extremely chill.

Yeah but this is just standard anime hahas.

I've seen enough anime and games where one girl gropes another girl's breast. It's very eyerolling but i've been desensitized to it by this point.

You know, this is a far less depressing take than the others have given me. I think I'll latch on to this, thank you very much.

Just now, Sooks said:

Interdimensional Observer did a pretty good with the Japanese stereotype she’s playing into, but I want to add it’s sort of forwarded by the fact that she cannot S support a single girl, including a female avatar or Rhajat in revelation. She also tries to force her sexuality to change to be with the male avatar (Her Japanese Corrin support sees him spiking her drink with a “magic powder“ to make her see women as men and men as women (I think without her consent) and she falls in love with the male Corrin (who she sees as a woman), and when the drug wears off her love “carried over” to the male Corrin, but this was censored in the west to her ), so yay representation. She also openly harasses the other gen 2 gals in like... all of her supports with them after they clearly ask her to stop and express their discomfort. Wonderful portrayal right there, for the first openly gay character in fe (I think, correct me if I’m wrong).

...Gettin' mighty hard to, though...

Odin is so frustrating, I swear. Every time he gets strength, skill and luck and goes "AURRRGH! MY ACHING BLOOD!" it makes me want to throw him at the enemies and let nature take its course.

Then again, actual defense + nosferatu = a tank almost on Effie's level, so...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which support? I’ve never heard that.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is very nice of Nights of Azure.

It is my favorite game for a reason!
Well, not just that, but that's part of it.

---

To me, no gaming soundtrack will ever top Nights of Azure.
And no song in any game will ever trump Lucia for me.
But that's just me, ergo it means nothing. Carry on!

Edited by DragonFlames

Let’s see here, play the Trails of Series which some fans say gets worse as time goes on or read Mervyn Peake’s Gormenghast trilogy, which is stated to be on par if not better then the Lord of the Rings. Decisions, decisions.

Edited by Wraith

Finally, I can go pick up my Degree at a later date. Two years late but well, better than never as they say.

Now... maybe I'll do part of the whole of Ch2.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Let’s see here, play the Trails of Series which some fans say gets worse as time goes on or read Mervyn Peake’s Gormenghast trilogy, which is stated to be on par if not better then the Lord of the Rings. Decisions, decisions.

I am glad to know that you are still, in fact, Wraith. I was worried for a second there when you showed interest in Gacha Impact.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh, Soleil talk.

Won't comment on anything else, just to point how amusing it is to me that localization removed any romantic overtones with any of her male supports except for Corrin... and Forrest. Because of course Forrest would be the other exception.