Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've not seen the art book you're talking about, but I imagine it's most likely TCG art. TCG was a sort of predecessor to Cypher, if you didn't know. It covered the first five games, and for the first four, it's the only consistent source of artwork (since the actual OG artwork for those games was... questionable). In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the only artwork that exists for book 2's characters! Despite its age, it's pretty damn solid artwork.

It's the one that came with the FE1 30th anniversary set.

No, it's actually the original artwork (though there may be some TCG art too, I haven't looked thoroughly). For FE1, FE3, Shadow Dragon (which I'd argue is up there with Tellius for best original artwork for each character), etc. Unless I'm misunderstanding what is meant by original artwork which wouldn't be surprising considering my brain is running at half speed today because haha sleep what is that.

I mean, look at Shadow Dragon Minerva.

Perfection.

th?id=OIP.o0lrfQGcyNRkWcN2RC9ZxwHaMm&pid

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I mean, see-through or not she's still wearing pants. Take the silver lining still.

I mean, imma be honest - I don't think I've ever consistently used the dancer in FE6. Bad player take, I know, but I never have room for them.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I've gotten some friends to start Berwick recently. They're using all the staple first-time units, but because one guy in the group had godawful luck with Sherlock, they're all convinced he's worse than Esteban...

Oh boy. This'll be funny when the guy who's training him because he's convinced he's a bad unit sees his true power.

Esteban? I mean, I get Sylvis, but... Esteban?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I’m not stupid enough to look in the comments of Silver Will, for example

Oh that one's probably safe since the comments will be about TLP instead

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh that one's probably safe since the comments will be about TLP instead

Of course The Last Promise would have more fans than Trails in the Sky! How did I not see it, obscure 2000s JRPG or funny man?

Esteban? I mean, I get Sylvis, but... Esteban?

No clue, man. It's weird. It is fun to watch them experience maps like 3-M for the first time, too. One of my friends took like 2h30 to beat it. No resets, but still. Long time.

Side note, the guy who's using Sherlock because he's convinced he sucks is also training Czene... and she's already gotten STR and DEF in her first two levels. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, imma be honest - I don't think I've ever consistently used the dancer in FE6. Bad player take, I know, but I never have room for them.

Wait... what? How do you not have room for a dancer!? They are the room!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Of course The Last Promise would have more fans than Trails in the Sky! How did I not see it, obscure 2000s JRPG or funny man?

I was joking. Please do not look at the comment section of Silver Will. Please.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

No clue, man. It's weird. It is fun to watch them experience maps like 3-M for the first time, too. One of my friends took like 2h30 to beat it. No resets, but still. Long time.

Holy shit. Enjoy the show, man.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Side note, the guy who's using Sherlock because he's convinced he sucks is also training Czene... and she's already gotten STR and DEF in her first two levels. 

Hahahahah... Czene MVP! Czene MVP!

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait... what? How do you not have room for a dancer!? They are the room!

They arrive late and my team's already full of other characters I like, so I can't fit them in. There's a reason my favorite dancers are the ones that arrive early.

Plus, FE6 isn't the most player phase game, so you can get away with no dancer.

Holy shit. Enjoy the show, man.

9-M is gonna be hilarious. 

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

As I've made a point before, Persona 2 is weird with its two games' international availability. Both were released on the PS1, and later given an enhanced port on the PSP.

• However, Innocent Sin, the first game, was released in NA only on the PSP.
    • Why did they skip it on the PS1? Maybe the game was too controversial in 1999. It has a certain 1930s-1945 West-Central European dictator in it although spoilers it's actually a very physically accurate imposter.
  • Eternal Punishment was released in 2000 on the PS1. It doesn't have the dictator in question at all, and while it is a direct sequel, for reasons I can't explain without spoilers, you can actually play it without needing Innocent Sin first. Thus, it was okay to release EP without IS beforehand.
    • As for why the PSP port wasn't released aboard, it came out in 2012, the PSP was 8 years' old at that point. Too late in the lifecycle to warrant it for such a niche game. Instead, Atlus simply rereleased the PS1 version on the PS3.

Quality of life issues are one reason I want to wait on the PSP fan translation if possible. The other is a few oddities in an otherwise competently understandable translation, most of which stem from the atrocity that is the Persona 1 PS1 translation. It's Kei Nanjo, not "Nate", Maki, not "Mary"! And I won't get over it.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

9-M is gonna be hilarious. 

9-M is hilarious even when you've already played the game a bunch of times. The first time? Hoo boy.

Tell me something, though. What percentage of your friends fell in love with Sylvis immediately? Because from my own (limited) experience with Berwick newcomers, the average seems to be like... 90%?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tell me something, though. What percentage of your friends fell in love with Sylvis immediately? Because from my own (limited) experience with Berwick newcomers, the average seems to be like... 90%?

So far, two of them used her extensively, and two have done so maybe once. I'm quite surprised, frankly.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Grrrr... Clearly next time I play FE6 I must go Delphin route.

...But no wait, fuck, Echidna is not in that route--

So you're of two minds then?

B for Bartre, that's my contribution.

18 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Perfection.

That Hauteclere is certainly very nice. (I could argue about not being a fan of the style of the faces, but that is no knock on the actual quality of the work.)

I warned you people, but I did it anyway:

FTO.png.21bc35f5988ab829932b7b8c3de156f7.png

(Y'all should've stopped me when you had the chance)

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was joking. Please do not look at the comment section of Silver Will. Please.

I was joking too.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Could be worse.

a39.jpg

I mean, the scandal! With a nun no less!

CKII delivers.

There are so many questions: How did Glitterhoof get accepted into the abbey? How did the ruler of a republic happen to come across her and fall for her? How has he not been noticed breaking into the abbey to make his advances?

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You have too much meme power, therefore you must be stopped.

638883291650326528.png?v=1

See, there's a problem with that, emperor of shrimp:

57 minutes ago, Spara said:

So far, two of them used her extensively, and two have done so maybe once. I'm quite surprised, frankly.

That is indeed below average. Half of your friends have terrible taste.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Perfection.

Forgot to comment on this, but yeah, that is indeed Shadow Dragon art. Shadow Dragon and New Mystery had precious few artworks, which is a flying shame, considering they're... well, this amazing.

53 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So you're of two minds then?

B for Bartre, that's my contribution.

But my buff waifu...

53 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I warned you people, but I did it anyway:

FTO.png.21bc35f5988ab829932b7b8c3de156f7.png

(Y'all should've stopped me when you had the chance)

I would never. I love this shit, you know it. Hahahah!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Rosary.jpg vs. Roswell.jpg

hmmmmmmm

I like the skull cape. Very dapper.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Rosary.jpg vs. Roswell.jpg

hmmmmmmm

Hmm...

On one hand Rosary has Void Fire, which certainly has its uses, specially late game... but I've seen Roswell considered as overall better.

So hmm...

I would never. I love this shit, you know it. Hahahah!

Hell, the making of it is such a joke that the filter I put on the background's called Burn.

But my buff waifu...

You'll take your buff husbando and you'll like it.

Just now, Dayni said:

You'll take your buff husbando and you'll like it.

I mean, Bartre is pretty cool in FE6, but...

No, wait, but I got it. The real reason route B is Best route: It's the route with Morgan in it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, Bartre is pretty cool in FE6, but...

And yet Bartre gets used way more in fe7 for a bad prepromote who joins like 3 chapters before the end. FE fans are good at FE. 😛

Edited by Sooks