Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, it's weird to me that they didn't make Claude bi, even just for Byleth.

We bitch about modern FE being all fanservice but the option you know plenty would take wasn't made available. One actual gay option and 4/5 lesbian options, ho hum.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

Took a while tho.

Oh... Well, in my own defense, I didn't know that. I just know these artworks have been there for as long as I've cared about Fates.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bet.

They wouldn't dare, would they!?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed. It is one of its strengths.

Hell yeah!

Although perhaps one of its downfalls, because there isn't enough young sexiness to sell the game to many.

Damnit, FE fanbase...!

Binding Blade is certainly one of the most "innocent" FEs, it's the one game where a nun is the refresher unit. -You can't tell me those are dancing clothes when Silvia and Olivia are standing in opposite chronological corners.

I mean, depending on which route you take, you get a blind dude in robes as your refresher lol. Good ol' Delphin, the first refresher in the series who wasn't an underaged dancer girl. And yeah, as you say, even Lalum is rather subdued compared to the others.

And when a game isn't sexually charged, older people become more acceptable in its cast.

I wish we had more casts like these. Nowadays we're lucky if we get one old man.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How I do miss this. All the characters from a single game, drawn in one cohesive style by the same artist from head to toe, with full effort placed into it.

In fairness, of the modern titles it's really only Three Houses that doesn't have it. Fates got it (although a bit late, if Armagon is to be trusted, and I don't think it was all drawn by the original artist) and Echoes had it from the start, I'm pretty sure.

That being said, yes. I love OA too.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And historically accurate. I recently heard somewhere, I forget where, but there was a saying in the medieval period about a man's wife going to the priest, and coming back with more than a confession. When the Catholic Church back then decided to allow people to register complaints about their local clergy, sexual allegations were top among them. -But again, I do not remember the details of this.

Ye olde priests be like

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say yes, you can tell those are a dancer's clothes. Then again, it's almost iconic for FE dancers to have those ribbons hanging from their wrists.

Ninian is the one you might be thinking of, being the most conservative in terms of both dress and dancing animation.

Okay, my wording was too exaggerated, but compared to some dancers before and since, Larum is relatively modest. Not as downright conservative as Ninian, true, but Phina and Lene are significantly skimpier. I'll throw Larum in a lower tier of dancer skin exposure, shared by Tethys I could imagine. Where Azura goes depends on whether the official art actually leaves room for the possibility of her wearing underwear or not, art > gameplay on this matter.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Okay, my wording was too exaggerated, but compared to some dancers before and since, Larum is relatively modest. Not as downright conservative as Ninian, true, but Phina and Lene are significantly skimpier. I'll throw Larum in a lower tier of dancer skin exposure, shared by Tethys I could imagine.

I mean, Larum's got pants. Pants alone set her apart from all the ones that came before her, for starters.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ye olde priests be like

I should've expected this when I clicked the link. (I should make a trade offer meme with him)

On the topic you two are on about, the church actually banning priests marrying and having property wasn't codified until 1074, with records of priests still being married and having children in the 12th century too, so old habits die hard eh?

Archanea has some of my favorite OA, tbh. I loved how it was included from multiple games in the FE1 anniversary art book (I assumed it would just be FE1 art).

Then they had to ruin it by including Heroes artwork. Can't win 'em all.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Okay, my wording was too exaggerated, but compared to some dancers before and since, Larum is relatively modest. Not as downright conservative as Ninian, true, but Phina and Lene are significantly skimpier. I'll throw Larum in a lower tier of dancer skin exposure, shared by Tethys I could imagine. Where Azura goes depends on whether the official art actually leaves room for the possibility of her wearing underwear or not, art > gameplay on this matter.

I wouldn't say Phina's is skimpier. Sure, most of her artworks have her wear a short dress, but unlike Larum she doesn't expose her navel, and has actual sleeves. Not to mention, Larum's "pants" might not be as opaque, so she'd be half-exposing her legs anyway.

Azura is wearing a weird one-"sleeved" pant. Her default artwork doesn't show it, but there is cloth covering most of her other leg.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, Larum's got pants. Pants alone set her apart from all the ones that came before her, for starters.

They might be see-through, however.

Someone actually put a spoiler warning on a YouTube comment under game music.

Thank you so much kind soul, I now know to expect SC spoilers under FC osts without learning the hard way.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For what faults it has in narrative, I would recommend P2 -were it not for the aged gameplay.

Yeah, i remember you basically watched an LP at first and then resorted to using cheats (much like my playthrough of BKO).

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say yes, you can tell those are a dancer's clothes.

Honestly, with very little effort, you could easily just modify Lalum's clothes to be like, sports wear or something. She goes jogging in this getup.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Armagon finding an excuse to buy 10 swimsuit alts of Dorothy YR3U9E0.jpg

LMAO.

I don't even care for Dorothy that much but i promise you, swimsuit alts of her will sell. You underestimate the horniness.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They wouldn't dare, would they!?

Bet

In fact, Heroes confirms the green bands attached at the bottom of the "pants" are like those of the sleeves. They don't extend the whole way under.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I should've expected this when I clicked the link.

I mean, I've been comparing Saul to that guy since the beginning of days, haha.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

(I should make a trade offer meme with him)

Please.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Archanea has some of my favorite OA, tbh. I loved how it was included from multiple games in the FE1 anniversary art book (I assumed it would just be FE1 art).

I've not seen the art book you're talking about, but I imagine it's most likely TCG art. TCG was a sort of predecessor to Cypher, if you didn't know. It covered the first five games, and for the first four, it's the only consistent source of artwork (since the actual OG artwork for those games was... questionable). In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the only artwork that exists for book 2's characters! Despite its age, it's pretty damn solid artwork.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Then they had to ruin it by including Heroes artwork. Can't win 'em all.

O O F

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Someone actually put a spoiler warning on a YouTube comment under game music.

Thank you so much kind soul, I now know to expect SC spoilers under FC osts without learning the hard way.

This should be common sense, Sooks...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

In fact, Heroes confirms the green bands attached at the bottom of the "pants" are like those of the sleeves. They don't extend the whole way under.

Heroes confirms nothing. Heroes would do anything to make a design hornier so it can sell better.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i remember you basically watched an LP at first and then resorted to using cheats (much like my playthrough of BKO).

No, you've inspired me to do that when I get to emulating Eternal Punishment, I haven't done that yet. I'll wait for the PSP port to be fully fan-translated, there might be a still-active effort on that. The PS1 version isn't that inferior, but I'd rather not step back after playing Innocent Sin's PSP update.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

On the topic you two are on about, the church actually banning priests marrying and having property wasn't codified until 1074, with records of priests still being married and having children in the 12th century too, so old habits die hard eh?

If by "old habits die hard", you mean a "nun" of 70 years has a heart attack atop an actual nun, then maybe.😛

Sorry for starting a dancer attire argument.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heroes confirms nothing. Heroes would do anything to make a design hornier so it can sell better.

Sure, Heroes often does slight tweaks to character designs, but outside very few exceptions they don't outright change them. Besides, even with just the BB OA alone, you can already tell her pants are see-through. The sleeves outright show she's not wearing something else underneath them so why would the pants, which are going for the same feel, be any different?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

This should be common sense, Sooks...

It was the final boss theme though, which should be safe because... actually you haven’t gotten there yet. Let’s just say this boss is unique.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sure, Heroes often does slight tweaks to character designs, but outside very few exceptions they don't outright change them. Besides, even with just the BB OA alone, you can already tell her pants are see-through. The sleeves outright show she's not wearing something else underneath them so why would the pants, which are going for the same feel, be any different?

...You know, now I'm not so sure. I always thought it was very obvious she was wearing gray pants, but... Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks a lot, Acacia.

It was the final boss theme though, which should be safe because... actually you haven’t gotten there yet. Let’s just say this boss is unique.

HOW WOULD THE FINAL BOSS THEME BE SAFE

SOOKS, YOU RECKLESS BASTARD

Just now, Sooks said:

Trust. Again.

I don't care what the circumstances around the boss are. I don't care if a fucking piece of toast is the final boss for no reason whatsoever. You do not just go into a video of the final boss theme and expect no spoilers. Sooks, for the love of fuck--

...You know, now I'm not so sure. I always thought it was very obvious she was wearing gray pants, but... Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks a lot, Acacia.

Something something painful truth over blissful lie something something

I don't care what the circumstances around the boss are. I don't care if a fucking piece of toast is the final boss for no reason whatsoever. You do not just go into a video of the final boss theme and expect no spoilers. Sooks, for the love of fuck--

But it was spoilers for SC, not FC, and the final boss isn’t really a character.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If by "old habits die hard", you mean a "nun" of 70 years has a heart attack atop an actual nun, then maybe.😛

tenor.gif

Good to see someone get it.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Something something painful truth over blissful lie something something

Grrrr... Clearly next time I play FE6 I must go Delphin route.

...But no wait, fuck, Echidna is not in that route--

But it was spoilers for SC, not FC, and the final boss isn’t really a character.

Again.

If you're playing a series, you don't go and listen to music of it.

It's common sense.

Or at least it should be after you've run into the amount of spoilers I have.

Seriously, even if the video itself doesn't have spoilers anywhere, chances are the Youtube algorythm will take it as its cue to recommend you super spoilery videos with spoilerific thumbnails that you cannot avoid. And then it's over.

Be more careful, please.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, you've inspired me to do that when I get to emulating Eternal Punishment, I haven't done that yet. I'll wait for the PSP port to be fully fan-translated, there might be a still-active effort on that. The PS1 version isn't that inferior, but I'd rather not step back after playing Innocent Sin's PSP update.

Ah.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ok this one's on you honestly.

Grrrr... Clearly next time I play FE6 I must go Delphin route.

...But no wait, fuck, Echidna is not in that route--

Well, I mean, see-through or not she's still wearing pants. Take the silver lining still.

I've gotten some friends to start Berwick recently. They're using all the staple first-time units, but because one guy in the group had godawful luck with Sherlock, they're all convinced he's worse than Esteban...

Oh boy. This'll be funny when the guy who's training him because he's convinced he's a bad unit sees his true power.

Again.

If you're playing a series, you don't go and listen to music of it.

It's common sense.

If you say so, you seem to be the expert here.

Or at least it should be after you've run into the amount of spoilers I have.

I don’t actually think I have found spoilers in a comment section because I don’t usually listen to the music until I finish the game and I’ve never played a series where the next game is basically just the second half of the first game, or so I’m told.

Seriously, even if the video itself doesn't have spoilers anywhere, chances are the Youtube algorythm will take it as its cue to recommend you super spoilery videos with spoilerific thumbnails that you cannot avoid. And then it's over.

I listen to the music while not signed in.

But yeah, I show some restraint. I mean, I’m not stupid enough to look in the comments of Silver Will, for example since I’ve listened to the super arrange 15 times.

Be more careful, please.

Okay.

...Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

Ok this one's on you honestly.

Crap.