Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I can only recommend Nights of Azure, Blue Reflection and co. so many times before realizing that it just isn't worth repeating myself over and over again.
It just honestly kinda makes me sad to see nobody ever taking any of my recommendations (the best I've got nine times out of ten was "I'm interested, but..." (Excluding Atelier in Armagon's (I think), and Neptunia in your case, of course)), but when someone else recommends something, suddenly, the entire threat is playing it or at least expresses interest in it. Not blaming any of you, and I'm not even upset, it just goes to show that my tastes in games are different, and I'm okay with that.

I mean, I bought Shadow of the Colossus because of you. I just have yet to play it.

But I’m glad you’re okay with your tastes being different!

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even though i like this series, this is true.

Because it's actually the Xeno series that's the second coming of Christ. After all

Screenshot_3146.png

Hahaha... Well, can't argue with the facts.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly, early chapter 2 was my least favorite part so I can’t blame you, but I will say the story gets more... intense, by chapter’s end. After the hour chapter 2 spends getting to know the area and a new character it dips into that territory a bit before going back, but then it comes back up again for the climax, and for most of the rest of the story.

Gotta say, I tire of this "soon, Ruben, it gets good soon!" talk. It feels like I'm chasing mirages, but all I find is Estelle and Joshua doing their stand-up routine for the three hundredth time. And that's roughly 295 times too many.

I do think you’ll like the ending, but I don’t know how different it is just reading it without the music and the sound effects, because they really set the atmosphere, and that’s important. Based on another game you like that I admittedly don’t know much about I do think you’ll like the ending, but going in to detail means spoilers.

Oho? Now I'm curious. I'd ask which game, but well, that would kinda defeat the point of being vague, I guess.

Then again, unless the endings are carbon copies of one another, perhaps it'd be best if you told me and see if it serves to reignite my interest in the story. Because currently the one and only point of interest for me is Cassius. And I don't know if I can handle another 7 updates of the two kids going around doing nothing until the game lets go of the next crumble of information regarding Dad.

Not that I’m saying you should spend 4 hours bored to get to a super good part, just throwing in my two cents. Although Olivier shows up in at least one of the Cold Steels I think so that’s a good reason to read  an LP of every game isn’t it?

Yeah, chances of that are slim. I can find Olivier types in other games.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Xenosaga, anyone?)

...what? This is outside the norm? I thought anything Xeno is super popular with most people on the thread...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've given up on recommending stuff, personally.

I tried, man, I really tried, but it wasn't to be

Edited by Saint Rubenio

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Trails invasion of the Thread brought in a second member for the "Trails is actually not the second coming of Jesus Christ" club.

I mean

I am probably the founder of that club over here lol.

You just cought me in a rare Shrimpy shills trails period

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, it was your Atelier music posting that gave me the push to go out and try one.

same! Everyone was musicposting and i liked the music quite alot!

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, unless the endings are carbon copies of one another, perhaps it'd be best if you told me and see if it serves to reignite my interest in the story. Because currently the one and only point of interest for me is Cassius. And I don't know if I can handle another 7 updates of the two kids going around doing nothing until the game lets go of the next crumble of information regarding Dad.

Funny thing is I wasn’t actually referring to the ending of that game.

But how far are you? Like, what specifically is happening?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I tried, man, I really tried, but it wasn't to be

You got me interested in Banner Saga and Return of the Obra Dinn.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Honestly, that sidequest had me in tears by the end. Best sidequest I've seen in a while.

There are some REALLY great ones in 0. Not every substory hits, but IMO the batting average is pretty danged good. I really, really liked the Man with a Stranger's Face substory on Majima's side.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sooks% doesn’t allow choice, Benice.

Well, I just feel like I'm forcing you is all. The violence in 0 isn't that bad for the most part, but there are some racy minigames and such you'd most likely not enjoy.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, I just feel like I'm forcing you is all. The violence in 0 isn't that bad for the most part, but there are some racy minigames and such you'd most likely not enjoy.

Congrats then, I have good news:

You are not forcing me!

And also, standard violence doesn’t really bother me at all.

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wraith, my friend, that is what fan fiction is for.

Surely you jest Sooks? Why would I want to read the works of people who will never come close to being a ten as good an author as Howard was, using his creations to tell stories which can easily be wildly inaccurate to the source material?

Edited by Wraith

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Funny thing is I wasn’t actually referring to the ending of that game.

...I think at this point it might be best that you just come out and say what the game is. It shouldn't be that big of a spoiler, and who knows, it might just make me interested again.

But how far are you? Like, what specifically is happening?

Right after Agate and the two boys fight a bunch of wolves at the Ruan/Bose border checkpoint.

You got me interested in Banner Saga and Return of the Obra Dinn.

That's great! I better hurry up and provide more arguments for Banner Saga before the sale ends, though...

...Is the sale itself a good argument?

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

There are some REALLY great ones in 0. Not every substory hits, but IMO the batting average is pretty danged good. I really, really liked the Man with a Stranger's Face substory on Majima's side.

I dunno, the dominatrix one hit really close to my heart. The thing that got me the most was how Kiryu consistently thought the complete opposite of what I was thinking, all the time. For a guy with such a tough edgy boy exterior who spends his days breaking people's skulls and is part of the friggin' yakuza, the dude is a cinnamon roll.

The violence in 0 isn't that bad for the most part

How could it be, Kiryu has never killed anyone

Edited by Saint Rubenio

You know, the more you mention this Olive Tree guy, the more I can't help but think of FE's wretched sack of lard. Enjoy the thought of the person you like merged with that big disgusting oaf of a terrible meme IS itself invented.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It does, but in order for Multi-Strike to really be strong, your Agility needs to be high, and there is definitely a stronger option in Holy Dance, particularly against single targets. Oh, and Pierce doesn't go through Repel Phys, of which there are plenty of demons that have it!

In general, for how strong lategame physical attacks are, I find magic to overall still be the better option due to its overall greater versatility.

*Rangda and Grimekhala nightmares.* Nothing like shooting yourself with a machine gun, which is how Multi-Strike when you make a whoopsies! feels.

Holy Dance is just too good, comes a little too early and deals too much damage for how set it & forget it good it is, particularly when paired with Drain or a Divine, Fallen, or Tyrant for practically limitless MP.

I wish Ultimate Hit (passive that turns the basic attack command into Almighty damage) and Holy Strike (single-target Str-using command skill that deal Almighty damage) weren't stuck on demons you can't fight/get until after you've beaten the game once. Ultimate Hit + Attack All + Rage Soul (Auto Skill that greatly increases the damage of the basic attack command, but prevents the team from using anything other than the basic attack in battle) would make for a good all-physical team build.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In the meantime, buy Banner Saga, I want people to play it so I can laugh at them when they make the wrong choice and people die

And may I suggest to you this game if you're starving for strategy and it goes on sale? 

No need to actually watch the video, just posting it if you want to see brief snippets of the gameplay. Just don't puke if seeing high review ratings posted in the video b/c advertising make you want to hate it on instinct.

Not exactly complicated by strategy game standards, nor the longest, but you might get some fun out of it. Also available on Steam if you prefer that. Includes the Outsider paid DLC in the Switch version for free (which adds the guy in the red hood shown in the thumbnail image as a playable character), and costs only $20 USD -whatever that equates to in Euros. And again, it goes on sale frequently, so you ought to be able to get it for less. Technically, you could whine you deserve the game for free b/c the European Union helped co-fund it.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...what? This is outside the norm? I thought anything Xeno is super popular with most people on the thread...

There are five significant Xeno members here: me, Armagon, Lightchao, Lightcosmos, and the latest is Shrimpy.

Of us, Armagon, Lightchao, and Lightcosmos have played Xenosaga. I have not, but want to; and Shrimpy has not, and I'm not sure if they'd want to.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For a guy with such a tough edgy boy exterior who spends his days breaking people's skulls and is part of the friggin' yakuza, the dude is a cinnamon roll.

Oh yeah, he's totally a meme for how oblivious he is in side content.

And also canonically a virgin. I think.

How could it be, Kiryu has never killed anyone

Don't worry about the guns, they have rubber bullets when they're not in cutscenes. Unless we're in a very certain Yakuza game that started the rubber bullets meme.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And may I suggest to you this game if you're starving for strategy and it goes on sale? 

No need to actually watch the video, just posting it if you want to see brief snippets of the gameplay. Just don't puke if seeing high review ratings posted in the video b/c advertising make you want to hate it on instinct.

No, I am afraid I cannot buy this game, Observer. My apologies.

I mean, Steam doesn't allow you to buy games twice.

In all seriousness, I love Steamworld Heist. I have no idea why it didn't come to my mind, because I've beaten it 3 times. It's great, really great. One of these days I gotta beat it again. As you said, it's not the most complicated game, but then, the fact that instead of RNG you rely on your own aiming skills is just... Oh, such a good idea. Such a wonderful little game. I second this recommendation, I really do.

I just wish Billy had more availability, the poor guy arrives just before enemies start flying more often. I've never played the game in New Game+, come to think about it... Perhaps it'd be a good idea, next time.

There are five significant Xeno members here: me, Armagon, Lightchao, Lightcosmos, and the latest is Shrimpy.

Of us, Armagon, Lightchao, and Lightcosmos have played Xenosaga. I have not, but want to; and Shrimpy has not, and I'm not sure if they'd want to.

Three people is more than the average game for this place, and five members overall? Yeah, Xeno isn't out of the norm, it is the norm.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh yeah, he's totally a meme for how oblivious he is in side content.

And also canonically a virgin. I think.

Don't worry about the guns, they have rubber bullets when they're not in cutscenes. Unless we're in a very certain Yakuza game that started the rubber bullets meme.

I mean, for the entire game so far only a single person has died, and it happened in the first 10 minutes. For a game called Yakuza, that's pretty damn amazing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

...I think at this point it might be best that you just come out and say what the game is. It shouldn't be that big of a spoiler

It is, trust me.

But the thing is I‘m not 100% sure because I don’t know a lot about this game in question. From what I do know, I think it might be similar though. And yet the more I think about it, the more I doubt.

Right after Agate and the two boys fight a bunch of wolves at the Ruan/Bose border checkpoint.

Oh noooooo!

That’s not as far as I thought.

That's great! I better hurry up and provide more arguments for Banner Saga before the sale ends, though...

...Is the sale itself a good argument?

Yes, but the sale only seems to be on Steam and I would get in on console so not in this case.

Just now, Sooks said:

It is, trust me.

I mean, you can just not tell me the part, only the game's name, and then I get to rack my brains wondering which part it could be.

Just now, Sooks said:

But the thing is I‘m not 100% sure because I don’t know a lot about this game in question. From what I do know, I think it might be similar though. And yet the more I think about it, the more I doubt.

Great, even more reason to not keep it hidden.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yes, but the sale only seems to be on Steam and I would get in on console so not in this case.

...Ah, fuck. Well, that complicates matters... Nintendo hates the very idea of sales, and I cannot earnestly justify paying the full 75 bucks for the whole thing. I'd love to, because I really like this trilogy, but I cannot.

So yeah, get it on Steam. What's so wrong with that, damnit, the game isn't that demanding.

You know, in retrospect it's kinda insane how Treasure went like "You want to get past stage 1? Fight these 3 bosses in a row."

But then again, Treasure also made Alien Soldier, which has like 30 bosses or so. Seven Force alone has 5 forms.

Edited by BrightBow

The new Mario Golf allows me to play as a big ball hitting smaller balls. I kinda want it more now.

No word on the Speed Golf having local multiplayer, but the wording isn't exactly supporting it, which would be a big bummer on me getting the game though. I mean, there's another mode announced too, but the answers on local multiplayer make and break this.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, what the fuck.

Did Majima just seriously make a dad pun in his mind and then think "high five, brain"?

Okay, this guy is amazing.

Best character in fiction.

By the way, if you do the cult substory, make sure to select the "do the hustle" and "tell a dumb pun" options. It is imperative that you do.

COCK, BITCH, ASS FUCKING SHIT, THE GODDAMNED CRANE GAME, AAAAAAARGH I NEED THAT PLUSHIE FOR THE KID DAMNIT!

- Majima, probably. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Best character in fiction.

Gotta agree.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

By the way, if you do the cult substory, make sure to select the "do the hustle" and "tell a dumb pun" options. It is imperative that you do.

I don't think you need to tell me that, Benice. I would've gone straight for the pun option.

COCK, BITCH, ASS FUCKING SHIT, THE GODDAMNED CRANE GAME, AAAAAAARGH I NEED THAT PLUSHIE FOR THE KID DAMNIT!

- Majima, probably. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Ah, the "let her call you daddy" substory.

...You're gonna hate this one.

Edited by Benice

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The new Mario Golf allows me to play as a big ball hitting smaller balls. I kinda want it more now.

Mario Golf: The Switch's masterpiece.

Just now, Benice said:

Ah, the "let her call you daddy" substory.

...You're gonna hate this one.

Why? Getting a plushie for an innocent little orphan isn't what I'd call hateable. Quite the opposite, in fact.

...Though I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get it done. This shitty fucking machine is harder than Kuze was.

NO! NO, BLISTERING BARNACLES WITH SYPHILIS, I WAS AIMING FOR THE WRONG ONE! CURSE YOU!! CURSE YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Jesus fucking Christ this is harder than Takumi's Fun Castle...