Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh speaking of watching older “classics”, I just watched the OG Spider-Man today, the first of the Raimi trilogy, which I had never seen before (I’d only seen Marvel’s Spider-Man movies). And like, all of the acting was... not good? Like everyone was sucking and then JJ showed up (J.K. Simmons according to Google) and completely acted circles around everyone else in like his three scenes. I mean I was expecting the special effects to not age well, and they didn’t, but like... dang, the acting. Is that a popular opinion? Other than that it was, I don’t know, a little dull but I didn’t hate it.

The acting was sometimes entertaining with how bad it was, though.

Yj2Xred.gif

Amazing, Sooks.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Due to earlier conversation, I was in the mood to listen to this again.:

Not one of my favorite final battles from a gameplay perspective, but as an overall experience, it's unmistakable. Cool, exotic, bizarre, transcendent. And the music plays its part in this.

I didn’t like 1 that much, but the acting was more noteworthy than the entire rest of the movie.

I think I’ll watch 2 and 3 though.

10 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yj2Xred.gif

Amazing, Sooks.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Understandable from what I've heard about how the series ended, but I don't think it'll be that bad. I watched it around the time it came out and seeing it a few months back I think it's alright enough still.

(It's ~20 years though so keep the expectations on CGI in mind.)

Ouch... I'm being dated...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Enjoy! Why are your expectations low? And it’s against your better judgment? Seems like you haven’t heard good things.

Not that I know much about the movie. Although I do know that I like

No I've heard pretty much all good things, actually.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wdym? The movies are great. Except the fourth one.

KH hurt my opinion of it a bit, ngl.

So I finished the first one, and I was surprised with it actually. Consider me impressed, and taking my words back on it. Hopefully the next one can follow up.

Is it just character levels and what side quests I‘ve completed that carries over to SC? No equipment or anything like that?

Berwick update after watching half an hour of cutscenes/events in PCSX2:

Spoiler

I like how Faye decides to go on a journey to train after her sidequest, but if you do her map last in a chapter, she rejoins you basically immediately. :v

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, the Raimi Trilogy was pretty solid, I think.

1 was good.

2 is a masterpiece.

And 3 is...bad enough to be good.

I agree with this. Sums them up well, I think.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Is it just character levels and what side quests I‘ve completed that carries over to SC? No equipment or anything like that?

From what I noticed, the levels only carry over if your levels are higher than what they are set at when you get them as allies. Otherwise, they start at what you had them at. (I had Estelle at 38, and she starts 35 in SC, I'm pretty sure?)

Spoiler

“So you lost your memory, just like those other people!?”

Did I miss something? What other people? Wasn’t it Kurt and... Kurt? I definitely missed something.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

“So you lost your memory, just like those other people!?”

Did I miss something? What other people? Wasn’t it Kurt and... Kurt? I definitely missed something.

Spoiler

Don Capua is the other guy.

That was going so well...

and then every enemy randomly got like three turns in a row?

Lol what?

There’s... more!? 5000 HP... That’s way less, so maybe it will be easier..?

Alright, it was. I think the game is over now?

Edited by Sooks

Tried out the Union Strike mechanic, did a blue healing one as my first, but the burst healing, while never not appreciated, wasn't as strong as I'd think it be. The red Union Strikes however, yowzas on the damage. Although you can of course have a strong single enemy in Xenoblade, replaying XC1, combined with prior experience from XCX (not so much XC2 outside of the Land of Challenge if my memory doesn't fail me, lone foes seemed stronger there), I'd say it's a handful of enemies, even those at your level or slightly below it, which presents the real challenge, multiple hits coming your way add up real quickly. The red Union Strike makes eradicating groups ASAP to more manageable numbers almost a cinch.

Whenever if ever Nintendo gets to making a Pikmin 4, how long will it be before a fan homebrews a Nopon reskinning of those multicolored flowerheads? I'm in the mind to see it happen. Although why did Future Connected bring back he whose name is very appropriately reminding me that bananas have been used to smuggle cocaine?

Hooooooooly crap, that ending. What.

Spoiler

It honestly felt like I was playing a horror game during the last three scenes... I mean, what?

But like, in a really really really good way. I didn’t understand half of what “Alba” and Joshua were talking about (they just threw in a bunch of words that were obviously set up), but like... oh my god. Just... oh my god.

I shall follow the ways of teehee and buy the second game tomorrow, but it’s 1 am, so first I need sleep.

9/10, easy. Incredible gameplay and an incredible ending. While the music was maybe a bit overblown in my opinion, it was still really good, and the characters and writing were all around awesome. Especially in that ending.

Maybe it was 10/10 material?

Spoiler

I mean, it somehow managed to feel like a completely different game... and yet work so, so, so well. I don’t even know how, but I loved it anyway. That was so good!

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tried out the Union Strike mechanic, did a blue healing one as my first, but the burst healing, while never not appreciated, wasn't as strong as I'd think it be. The red Union Strikes however, yowzas on the damage. Although you can of course have a strong single enemy in Xenoblade, replaying XC1, combined with prior experience from XCX (not so much XC2 outside of the Land of Challenge if my memory doesn't fail me, lone foes seemed stronger there), I'd say it's a handful of enemies, even those at your level or slightly below it, which presents the real challenge, multiple hits coming your way add up real quickly. The red Union Strike makes eradicating groups ASAP to more manageable numbers almost a cinch.

The Yellow Union Strikes are arguably the best tho, as they do decent damage+garuanteed Daze, and you can never go wrong with a garuanteed Daze.

.... it's actually kinda insane how skewed this is, Yellow Union Strike was always my go-to option.

Don't worry about trying to get an extra Union Strike btw, it's somehow even more random than extending a XC1 Chain Attack.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Omori has an enemy called depression, which is nearly impossible to dodge.

Ah, yes. Too true.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

You mean 3? Majima is introduced then.

Yes, I got the numbers wrong.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Based

I guess, yes... Though I do believe they have different styles, so if Majima hasn't something like Beast style I'm going to be disappointed.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

btw @Saint Rubenio,When you get back to Kiryu, there's a move in Beast you might like. Knock someone down, then use the grab button near their legs. After that...I think it's the Strong/Heat attack button you'll want to use? Might be throw.

Anyways, that one seems like it'd be up your alley.

Bold of you to assume I haven't already found that move.

Morning.

Today's music plug: kicking the four Archangels to the curb.

It's DLC, but holy hell, if it isn't satisfying to kill these guys...
and then use them for yourself, because Uriel in particular is the most overpowered thing I've ever seen in an SMT game. xD
Pierce Physical + Phys Pleroma + High Phys Pleroma + Charge/Dark Energy + Kannuki-Throw = everything dies. Everything.
Especially if you enhance it with Archangel's Law (Michael's special skill) first and give Uriel Smirk.
You can kill the final bosses in a single attack with this.
And it's downright necessary to have this against the final DLC boss.

And the best part? You only need a single turn of setup.
It goes:
Turn 1: someone buffs the party with Luster Candy - Michael uses Archangel's Law on Uriel - Uriel uses Charge/Dark Energy
Turn 2: Uriel uses Kannuki-Throw
Meaning everything dies in a minimum of two turns. It's insanity, I tell you.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Though I do believe they have different styles, so if Majima hasn't something like Beast style I'm going to be disappointed

No comment.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bold of you to assume I haven't already found that move.

Oh.