Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Today i found out that back then, games were more expensive and had more varied pricing

E1hCxSJXEAQM3P-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Very good thing i wasn't around back then. $68 for fucking Tetris.

*Whistles* 95 USD for Illusion of Gaia? Wow...

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I just started chapter 2 of Yakuza before going to bed. I got a cooler-looking playable character and beat a guy into submission with politeness and guilt tripping.

You mean 3? Majima is introduced then.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

think I like him better than Kiryu. Just a tad

Based

Oh, that’s halfway done other than the final boss fight that’s hopefully not torture.

Edited by Sooks

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know, the final dungeon is getting really tedious. Really, incredibly tedious. I mean I could skip all these boss battles...

Huh, I didn't feel that way at all. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Against my better judgement, I am watching Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time. Keeping my expectations low.

Understandable from what I've heard about how the series ended, but I don't think it'll be that bad. I watched it around the time it came out and seeing it a few months back I think it's alright enough still.

(It's ~20 years though so keep the expectations on CGI in mind.)

I think the first one I watched was the third movie. And I think because I don't really remember.

My experience with the first movie's events was definitely first through Kingdom Hearts II, however.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Huh, I didn't feel that way at all. 

It’s just, all the chest boss battles take so long. At least for me, iirc you were on normal.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Against my better judgement, I am watching Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time. Keeping my expectations low.

Enjoy! Why are your expectations low? And it’s against your better judgment? Seems like you haven’t heard good things.

Not that I know much about the movie. Although I do know that I like 

Edited by Sooks

Dr. Stone continues to be incredibly based. That latest chapter 👌.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, that’s halfway done other than the final boss fight that’s hopefully not torture.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wdym? The movies are great. Except the fourth one.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck getting it to work.

Update: It still does not work

The SD card and the adapter thing work when connected via an IDE to USB  thingy, which leaves me to believe that it's some problem with the network adapter

Or jupiter is in retrograde or something, idk

I gave up and installed PCSX2...which was also a pain. On Linux it seems the only simple solution was this development PPA. Building from source didn't even work. :v

I was also going to complain there was no Snap like there is for dolphin....but there is a flatpak, which is basically the same thing.

...Not that anyone here understands what any of this means, mind.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Today i found out that back then, games were more expensive and had more varied pricing

E1hCxSJXEAQM3P-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Very good thing i wasn't around back then. $68 for fucking Tetris.

Considering inflation since then, those numbers are even worse. Considering Earthbound was released in the US in 1995, using the first inflation calculator I find doing a quick search and setting '95 as the year of conversion, the price in present day dollars would be $157.57. Tetris would be 119.12. 

Not to excuse the price creep to $70 at all (which would be $39.95 in 1995), but we are fortunate in ways you could say.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My experience with the first movie's events was definitely first through Kingdom Hearts II, however.

Someday someone will say their first experience with The Lion King was through KH and I just know I'll respond poorly.

5 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

I gave up and installed PCSX2...which was also a pain. On Linux it seems the only simple solution was this development PPA. Building from source didn't even work. :v

I was also going to complain there was no Snap like there is for dolphin....but there is a flatpak, which is basically the same thing.

Really? I was able to get the source build to work after the snap disappeared and the emulator got uninstalled on me. So you've gotten the flatpak to work though?

(I find it funny the development version hasn't been updated in months.)

Oh speaking of watching older “classics”, I just watched the OG Spider-Man today, the first of the Raimi trilogy, which I had never seen before (I’d only seen Marvel’s Spider-Man movies). And like, all of the acting was... not good? Like everyone was sucking and then JJ showed up (J.K. Simmons according to Google) and completely acted circles around everyone else in like his three scenes. I mean I was expecting the special effects to not age well, and they didn’t, but like... dang, the acting. Is that a popular opinion? Other than that it was, I don’t know, a little dull but I didn’t hate it.

The acting was sometimes entertaining with how bad it was, though.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

HP sponge

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Physical pain.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Someday someone will say their first experience with The Lion King was through KH and I just know I'll respond poorly.

Statistically speaking, there surely is at least someone out there who has.

I mean, many things I got introduced to was thanks to crossover works. So from personal experience I know it's possible.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

t’s just, all the chest boss battles take so long.

That's why i had Tita

Hit everyone + CP+ Item = S-craft All petrify on those guys, with all CP regained

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering inflation since then, those numbers are even worse. Considering Earthbound was released in the US in 1995, using the first inflation calculator I find doing a quick search and setting '95 as the year of conversion, the price in present day dollars would be $157.57. Tetris would be 119.12. 

Damn. I guess games could be considered a luxury back then. We all have the stories of "i could only get a new game every few months" but i imagine that was especially true back then.

Of course, the cost of production was the main factor to the higher prices. 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh speaking of watching older “classics”, I just watched the OG Spider-Man today, the first of the Raimi trilogy, which I had never seen before (I’d only seen Marvel’s Spider-Man movies). And like, all of the acting was... not good? Like everyone was sucking and then JJ showed up (J.K. Simmons according to Google) and completely acted circles around everyone else in like his three scenes. I mean I was expecting the special effects to not age well, and they didn’t, but like... dang, the acting. Is that a popular opinion? Other than that it was, I don’t know, a little dull but I didn’t hate it.

The acting was sometimes entertaining with how bad it was, though.

A lot of people treat the Raimi trilogy (well mainly 1 and 2) as if it were the Holy Grail but the movies do have flaws in them that a lot of people seem to ignore. The acting is one of them, as you said, J.K Simmons is in a league of his own. He basically owns JJ now.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's why i had Tita

Hit everyone + CP+ Item = S-craft All petrify on those guys, with all CP regained

Spoiler

I’ve completed 2 whole floors and I still don’t have petrify 2 :’)

My strategy for those fights has been the same as the whole game, spam AoE arts (with Joshua, Olivier and Scherazard) and then have Estelle heal whoever needs healing, although when I switch out Scherazard for Kloe things will get more difficult.

Besides, I don’t want to take the 12 year old into the super dangerous finale 😜 

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A lot of people treat the Raimi trilogy (well mainly 1 and 2)

Ah yes, I’ve heard... things, about 3.

Edited by Sooks

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Really? I was able to get the source build to work after the snap disappeared and the emulator got uninstalled on me. So you've gotten the flatpak to work though?

No, I don't have a flatpak installer currently. But the whole points of snaps/flatpaks is they "just work" regardless of your system environment, so I see no reason why it wouldn't.

I couldn't actually build an executable from the source and the instructions I found on various places to setup a 32-bit build environment didn't work, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

btw @Saint Rubenio,When you get back to Kiryu, there's a move in Beast you might like. Knock someone down, then use the grab button near their legs. After that...I think it's the Strong/Heat attack button you'll want to use? Might be throw.

Anyways, that one seems like it'd be up your alley.