Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm reminded of:

An Expensive Adventure: Atlantis: The Lost Empire | Tor.com

I still don't get where there were any theories about it being off the Coast of Ireland, so this opening made the entire profession of Atlantis hunting seem like idiots.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well going by that logic it’s clear why Ireland never makes it there, as it would just draw the ire of everyone else.

>Clearly doesn't know the history of the thing as Ireland has actually won the most. (Even if it's been a rough two decades since the last win)

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Getting to hit golf balls with a giant ball is a pretty solid argument for the game imo.

The moustache is certainly an additional positive.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Not even sure what the thing is. But well, when puns call.

It's a very slim chance the US would ever be interested.

But hey, Australia's been involved since 2015, I can't say it's impossible.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's a very slim chance the US would ever be interested.

We’re too busy yelling at each other and a lot of us think we’re already objectively superior to every other country in every way. So yes.

29 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I still don't get where there were any theories about it being off the Coast of Ireland, so this opening made the entire profession of Atlantis hunting seem like idiots.

The movie is clearly just having fun there, considering that's not how Norse runes work, but they did it just to have the "They mistook the C rune for the R rune" joke. Although, modern Nordic languages apparently do work that way with those two names, so eh.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlantis has been placed anywhere in the Atlantic Ocean in the hundreds if not thousands of years that the place has existed in concept. General modern consensus places it off the coast of Spain and the Maghreb. I've even seen theories that supposedly islands like Canarias and Cabo Verde are remnants of the original island. So pretty much, Atlantis will be placed for convenience's sake.

And let's not get even into Lemuria and Mu...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Getting to hit golf balls with a giant ball is a pretty solid argument for the game imo.

Honestly if the AI and the SP campagin are good I might actually grab it. Mario Strikers was awesome even solo becuase the cups were actually challenging.

Plus, hitting balls with a big ball.

You guys should wait til Mario pool comes out.

I mean, the que ball isn’t bigger than the other balls, but you get to hit balls with balls the whole game.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly if the AI and the SP campagin are good I might actually grab it. Mario Strikers was awesome even solo becuase the cups were actually challenging.

Plus, hitting balls with a big ball.

Give me local multiplayer or give me a bunker ball.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We’re too busy yelling at each other and a lot of us think we’re already objectively superior to every other country in every way. So yes.

I also just don't think the show would really work over there either. It just doesn't feel like it'd have much appeal.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The movie is clearly just having fun there, considering that's not how Norse runes work, but they did it just to have the "They mistook the C rune for the R rune" joke.

Still makes a profession look foolish.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlantis has been placed anywhere in the Atlantic Ocean in the hundreds if not thousands of years that the place has existed in concept. General modern consensus places it off the coast of Spain and the Maghreb. I've even seen theories that supposedly islands like Canarias and Cabo Verde are remnants of the original island. So pretty much, Atlantis will be placed for convenience's sake.

Yeah probably.

It still seems weird it'd be off the coast of colder places even further away than places like Spain.

Edited by Dayni

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Still makes a profession look foolish.

I mean, considering the whole thing about Atlantis comes from Plato using it for an allegory about human hubris, having a entire field of work in search for a civilization that was most likely made up... yeah, no need for the movie to paint it as foolish.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah probably.

It still seems weird it'd be off the coast of colder places even further away than places like Spain.

Keep in mind that the movie doesn't say Atlantis was off the coast of Ireland (or Iceland for that matter), but rather the Shepherd's Journal that supposedly had the way to get into Atlantis. Supplemental material of the movie states it was written by a shepherd who stumbled into Atlantis after exploring a cave system in some island, and there's no mention where that island is.

The semi-scrapped intro scene of the viking ship attacked by the Leviathan, at the least, stablishes that this version of Atlantis is more north than the usual portrayals.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I mean, just saying. Don't be surprised if some thousand years from now we have people dedicated to the search of... Hogwarts, as if it had ever been a thing. We humans sometimes be like that.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the downer note, no same-sex marriage, despite the sister series Story of Seasons's quasi-introduction of it. This isn't surprising, but still sad to see deconfirmed. I'll banish the hope of them patching/DLCing it in later. No purely cosmetic gender body swap from RF4 either.

Even tho it doesn't affect me personally, that's still a bummer. Can already see Western reviewers docking some points over the lack of same-sex marriage.

Anyway, since you brought up SoS, Pioneers of Olive Town is currently the fastest-selling SoS game in North America.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then all of a sudden it escalates to ten billion and then the game drops the most intense cliffhanger on me before returning to Kiryu at the worst possible time.

What

I mean, it was awesome, but

What

73YWl3r.jpg

Okay, sure, Ch. 5 is very low-key, but there is a reason I consider Ch. 4 and Ch. 6 to be the part where Yakuza 0's story goes from "pretty good" to "AAAAAAAAAA"

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw a map with super rare items only gives you said items if you don't have a certain item in your inventory

wth.

The bane of item hoarders, haha.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The bane of item hoarders, haha.

I was wondering why the hell every village on the map was scared of me and after i finished it i decided to check a guide.

So many rare items.

I decided on resetting the map lmao xD

28 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Lombards? Are they fighting in Italy?

Considering the next map or two he'll be in... not that far off the mark, haha.

But hey, in the early game he was in Orlando.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

But hey, Australia's been involved since 2015, I can't say it's impossible.

Whilst there is an influx of Asian (and Polynesian?) immigrants to the country now, and the Aborigines have always been there, modern Australia was founded as an Anglophile country. Always part of the socio-economic "Global North", though it be the land down in the geographic under. It is peculiar, without the American international ego and clout that divorces it more cleanly from Europe. (Although, as a random factoid, Australia has the largest average house size in the world, followed by the US, and then Canada, Anglophone former colonies like to housespread.)

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

pQLUC4y.png
b0CO8CV.png

My boy at it again

*Remembers the boat from Ys VIII*

Nice to see Milanor being cool. I didn't spend enough time with him before to see how he turns out.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even tho it doesn't affect me personally, that's still a bummer. Can already see Western reviewers docking some points over the lack of same-sex marriage.

According to an official Twitter poll they did for RF5, 57% of players said they will be choosing the female protagonist. 

It's only one poll, the results could be less than reflective of the entire actual RF5 community.

And, it doesn't say why people are choosing Alice.

• Maybe Ares has a bland design and she a good one?
  • Maybe the bachelorettes look too samey and the bachelors more distinctive and appealing?
  • Is the fanbase suddenly shifting female?

Are any of those percentage points because people who'd like m/m will have to settle for playing as a girl instead? We simply can't tell from one simple poll question.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyway, since you brought up SoS, Pioneers of Olive Town is currently the fastest-selling SoS game in North America.

I saw that, it's interesting. Although I caution a potential backlash effect on the next SoS game that reflects the actual reception of PoOT, considering all the faults Japan found with the game once they could play it.

Maybe there's also the novelty factor still fresh? Alice is after all only the third female player character of the series, despite 5 being the seventh game.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

According to an official Twitter poll they did for RF5, 57% of players said they will be choosing the female protagonist. 

It's only one poll, the results could be less than reflective of the entire actual RF5 community.

• Maybe the bachelorettes look too samey and the bachelors more distinctive and appealing?

I'll add the fourth and most likely option: because it's the female option. We see this with FE and Pokemon avatars but there tends to be this thought that male avatars are lame and boring while female avatars are cute and/or hot.

The male avatar could have the most badass design and people would still pick the female avatar because girl.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are any of those percentage points because people who'd like m/m will have to settle for playing as a girl instead? We simply can't tell from one simple poll question.

I have one theory: the seiyuus. The female avatar and the male characters seiyuus have a larger following.