Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hmm... I don’t like the Gilbert with a beard. I don’t know if it’s just because I’ve seen his normal portrait a lot, but it looks weird and unnatural.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Seteth is one of the main reasons i can't agree with Edelgard, and pretty much proves her hypocrisy.

Seteth? Why him?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hmm... I don’t like the Gilbert with a beard. I don’t know if it’s just because I’ve seen his normal portrait a lot, but it looks weird and unnatural.

Someone had to be that person. XD

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You are the reason FE is dead

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You are the reason FE is dead

I mean, I found it a little weird too.

Because it somehow takes years off his life.

This makes no sense, that's not what beards do.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Seteth? Why him?

Because Edelgard goes ''All Children of the goddess bad and opress humans'' while Seteth, Flayn, and even sometimes Rhea do their  best to protect the people.

But especially with Seteth you can see it. In many of his supports he hates how priviliged the nobility is, and always strives to help everyone to the best of his ability.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Someone had to be that person. XD

don't worry you are not alone...

brb creating a meme

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I found it a little weird too.

Because it somehow takes years off his life.

This makes no sense, that's not what beards do.

It hides his sunken cheeks and clearly defined smile lines. Plus, it's a badass beard they gave him. If he looked like that people wouldn't have him as much.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

8s6BnsQ.png

Wasn't it Sooks who was against beards?

Well, it is irrelevant. I will kill any who oppose the ways of the beard. It matters not who it is.

Also, how dare you make me Ike.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is the second track from Bug Fables you've tossed on here recently, have you actually played it?

I was considering getting it last time it went on sale, but hesitated. I loved old Paper Mario, but I can't help but fear this highly-praised indie simply won't feel the same to me, no matter how good it is.

A friend from another forum had been talking about the game for a while, and I've owned it since late last year, so I figured now would be a fine time to try it.

Tbh, my only experience with Paper Mario is the modern bad games, but if Bug Fables is anything like classic PM, then I can understand why the older games are beloved. I'm about four hours in now, and it's a very charming RPG so far. It has the rewarding, non-gimmicky combat system, likable characters, and a great start to world-building that the modern PM games lack. I can't speak for the game as a whole, but I've got very positive impressions as of now.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This is great.

Clean cut gang lesgo.

You are all a disgrace.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I know how much Ruben loves Ike. Acts so Tsuntsun towards him

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ruben towards Ike:

lurrUKcU_o.png

newbannersaga_2398773b.jpg

I am very upset at all of you.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

newbannersaga_2398773b.jpg

I am very upset at all of you.

Is this Flag Tale?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is this Flag Tale?

For a moment I was going to say no, but then I realized.

Yes, it is indeed Flag Tale. Perfect first impression huh

I realised what GilBeard needs.

His beard needs to  have flecks of grey in it.

And maybe a hair or two more, a man as out of sorts as him with only one strand is impressively carefree.

Hey look, new Kuro no Kiseki party members.

This one is Judith Lan(Lun?)ster and uh

E2UE3a-WYAIgjLx?format=jpg&name=medium

I love this design. And she's a whip user too, last one was Schera all the way back in Sky.

And then there's Bergad Zeman, which is 1000% @Saint Rubenio's type of character

E2UFZbiWQAEwsLz?format=jpg&name=medium

I think he is the oldest playable character in all of Trails. And he's ripped as fuck.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

i just don't like beards much myself and before Corona tended to shave asap

Same. Beards get really annoying really fast.

Now moustaches on the other hand, those are fine. They feel nice and are non-intrusive.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Me after learning about that Azur Lance gatcha game that features Industrial Age warships and submarines turned into "shipmates". Like, who thought of that?🤔

And the funny part is that isn't even the only gacha game to turn battleships into anime girls.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I loved old Paper Mario, but I can't help but fear this highly-praised indie simply won't feel the same to me, no matter how good it is.

You know, when i see people talk about Bug Fables, it feels like they're treating it as a replacement for classic Paper Mario and not as like, it's own game. I don't mean to speak for everyone but i can't say i've really seen the game discussed on it's own merits. And it's not because it's a spiritual successor, a ton of spiritual successors out there get looked at as their own thing and not as a comparison to whatever it is they're a spiritual successor of. But Bug Fables? Most times i've seen people recommend the game, it's preceded by "hey, if you don't like the current direction of Paper Mario, try out this".

Fun fact: Today (I think yesterday by now in Japan) is the 16th anniversary of Berwick Saga! I haven't seen any new art posted recently, so I'll just post some art Mayumi Hirota drew years and years ago to commemorate it. If I finish HSoS today (I played 4 maps yesterday so I've only got 2 left now), I'm gonna start my 7th playthrough.

zephyrus-larentia.jpg

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then there's Bergad Zeman, which is 1000% @Saint Rubenio's type of character

E2UFZbiWQAEwsLz?format=jpg&name=medium

I think he is the oldest playable character in all of Trails. And he's ripped as fuck.

I like how everyone instantly assumes I'm going to like the old man.

I mean, you're right, this is the best design in all of Trails, but it's a coincidence. It doesn't necessarily have to be the old man. Heck, my favorite characters in Berwick Saga aren't old men at all! Only one of them has a beard, even!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. Beards get really annoying really fast.

Now moustaches on the other hand, those are fine. They feel nice and are non-intrusive.

I feel the opposite way. My beard's perfectly comfortable, but my infuriating thin stache that refuses to grow past my lip corners keeps growing down and getting in my mouth. Only part of me that I shave. It's so annoying.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Fun fact: Today (I think yesterday by now in Japan) is the 16th anniversary of Berwick Saga! I haven't seen any new art posted recently, so I'll just post some art Mayumi Hirota drew years and years ago to commemorate it. If I finish HSoS today (I played 4 maps yesterday so I've only got 2 left now), I'm gonna start my 7th playthrough.

zephyrus-larentia.jpg

Best Game.

Also Zephyrus be looking like Ajax in this image

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also Zephyrus be looking like Ajax in this image

If you removed Larentia's layer, cropped it, and shaded it in, you'd have Ajax's portrait.

I'm serious. That is, quite literally, Ajax's portrait. Nice one, Kaga.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

E2UE3a-WYAIgjLx?format=jpg&name=medium

I love this design. And she's a whip user too, last one was Schera all the way back in Sky.

Oh she's cute.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, you're right, this is the best design in all of Trails, but it's a coincidence. It doesn't necessarily have to be the old man.

I think you also really liked Cassius' design as well, but I could be remembering wrong.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, when i see people talk about Bug Fables, it feels like they're treating it as a replacement for classic Paper Mario and not as like, it's own game. I don't mean to speak for everyone but i can't say i've really seen the game discussed on it's own merits. And it's not because it's a spiritual successor, a ton of spiritual successors out there get looked at as their own thing and not as a comparison to whatever it is they're a spiritual successor of. But Bug Fables? Most times i've seen people recommend the game, it's preceded by "hey, if you don't like the current direction of Paper Mario, try out this".

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. The game should be judged on its own merit.

Although I blame Ninty for that kind of response since the direction they took Paper Mario was completely against what the majority of the fandom wanted. Not that they should always please fans, but it still makes no sense that they treated the series like they did. But Uncle Shiggy decided that story and characters don't really matter.