Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nah, it's on me. I am sorta tired of repeatin' myself and all, and only one person's been rude so far.

I understand what you mean, but I don't think it right that you have to brush your feelings aside cause someone else was rude.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yeah @Benice, forcing yourself is not a good idea. I mean it’s a debate about a video game, so if you don’t want to continue, I don’t see why you should.

All right, so I just used the randomizer to make myself a completely legal Radiant Dawn copy with Nintendo-approved tweaks, such as:

- Removed game over restrictions that don't let you ironman so I can let the units I don't like die! Except Ike, unfortunately.

- Enemy ranges in hard mode so that the game isn't a more miserable experience than Fire Emblem 1! Also, weapon triangle and map affinity, because fuck it why not.

- Part 4's maps are kill boss (seize in Oliver's case) so that I don't kill myself!

- Tormod starts promoted to tier 3, for no greater reason than I like him and would love it if he weren't the worst unit in the game!

- And so much more! ...Actually, no, that's it.

I don't know when I'll do my second run, because I've had the itch to play Banner Saga for a while and I'm currently in the middle of a TF2 frenzy. But whenever it is, now I've got the ROM for it, at least.

...The only problem is, in Dolphin's menu both the vanilla game and the tweaked one share the same name, so I can't tell them apart lol, I'll have to move the vanilla version to another location.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I wouldn't go to such lengths to tweak a game just to remove what I don't like.

Yeah, well, different strokes for different folks. The inability to view enemy ranges kills hard mode for me, and lack of difficulty kills normal mode for me. I'd rather be able to enjoy the game with tweaks than never be able to enjoy it at all.

Everything else is, admittedly, more of a little bonus than anything else. I mean, it's not like any of the other tweaks are all that impactful. Except for the part 4 routfest removal, which is almost as essential as the enemy ranges thing. I'd rather not take two hours on Rebirth 1 again, thank you very much.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, since there's so little I'd dislike to begin with...

I truly wish I could be as chill as you, but unfortunately, it takes less for me to dislike a game than you.

...Honestly though, what does it take for you to dislike a game at all? From the way you talk here it's as if it's literally impossible lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Honestly though, what does it take for you to dislike a game at all? From the way you talk here it's as if it's literally impossible lol

I... honestly don't know. I certainly can dislike individual stuff from a video game, but to say I'd rather play something else because of it... not really.

But if you want any sort of explanation, I suppose I just can't bring myself to dislike video games to such an extent. Don't have the dislike to spare, I guess. That's all I'll say on the matter.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I mean, Europe finally got Chrono Trigger. The remakes count for something imo (even if that's closer to a straight port considering how little's actively changed)

But I get what you mean. Ignoring the ports, stuff like the Mario RPGs and Pokemon (main and spinoff), it's the console that TWEWY fans will tell you's the only way to play that game, it has the predecessor to Bravely Default, a couple of others that are Japan only, SMT Strange Journey, the end of Golden Sun and not that much else that's stand out from what I can tell. I'm leaning on original here and even then there's a sequel or two in my short ass list.

Except Infinite Space. Boy I've heard about that.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was a bomb as big as the Psynergy Vortex thingy the game silently ended on a cliffhanger next to. Not a horrible game, but stagnation, in ways regression, and in ways showed the faults of the GBA games more clearly.

I'd add Radiant Historia and the Devil Survivor games to the good stuff, hence me mentioning Atlus earlier, although their 3DS enhanced ports obsolete all three of the original versions. Oh, and I need to toss OG Saga Endless Frontier Exceed on to the Japan-only great stuff, but I'm the only one who would think that.🙃

And for Infinite Space, it's a 7-8ish game for me. My old review posted here on SF:

Spoiler

Finished Infinite Space. A review of sorts for this game, developed primarily by a company called Nude Maker (just don't tell anyone that), with help from Platinum Games of action genre fame, and licensed by Segaaaaaa!.:

Plot:

As said before about the story, it’s good, but restrained by the limitations of the system it was made on. Moving beyond that description, the narrative starts slowly, picks up, shifts over to a new arc, and then gradually builds itself back up.

An issue I have with it though is that it is a little diffuse. You have the Epitaph stuff, which at the beginning is accompanied by a space pirates focus because they’re easy for a novice like Yuri to destroy. You later have the big bad stuff, and you get plenty of political infighting amongst the nations of the Magellanic Clouds. And there are small choices and larger temporary route splits, which have differing narratives, battles, and rewards.

But due to all these elements with a universe where I’m counting ~13 countries, you don’t get very much of an in-depth feel for any of them, just enough understanding to go on and distinguish them. Although to be fair, the sci-fi scope of this game isn’t about individual planets or planetary systems, it is about seeing the entirety of the universe, which to be so broad, requires a lack of depth elsewhere.

Nonetheless, I’d say the narrative is the game’s greatest strength.

Characters:

On the player side, the bazillion crew members you can optionally recruit, outside of a Tavern talk or three, almost never show up after they join. Most of these characters are missable, so that offers an explanation.

Of the main cast, I don’t think any of the hero characters grow significantly. Yuri the main character has the most growth of course, I’d say I like him. Everyone tends to stick to some trope handled in a subdued manner. They’re nice people, but overall, this is a plot-driven game I’d say, not a character-driven one, even if I got attached to a couple of them. 

The villain side is thinner than the heroes I’d say, but they aren’t painfully bad, just a bit lacking due to a lack of screentime. 

Music and Graphics:

Music has isn’t memorable, but not bad. Sound effects are grating on the other hand sometimes, namely those of all the lasers, plasma, and solid ammo your space navy shoots.

The CGs and character profile artwork is good. The game tries its best to make 64-bit era+ (but less than GC) polygons into distinctive warships of space, which the game’s primary visual emphasis, and there it succeeded I believe.

Non-Combat Gameplay:

This game has a lot of easily missable crew members and blueprints for modules and ships. Some of this stuff you can only choose at missing out on other things. Other cases require doing things that you’d have no idea you’d have to do. But, a blind player can should be able to make it through even when they miss on most of this, as long as they understand the game and do well with that they can find.

Figuring out where to go next is something of a problem in this game. There is no story log if you drop the game for a while and come back to it. And sometimes the game just isn’t as clear as it should be about where you should go next. A few times it actually just wants you cruising around. Navigating the game’s starlanes and nondescript planets with many different names creates another problem, at least early on.

Everything about this game is handled with the touch screen, I think it works elegantly. You can tap to skip battle command animations, which seriously speeds things up. And the L button speeds up text in case you have to retry a battle and have to sit through the same dialogue again.

Completion of the game unlocks a New Game+ feature. Unfortunately, all that carries over is character stats and levels and current money. No ships, no blueprints, nor fame, which means this NG+ you can’t put on cruise control unless you grind for a lot of money at the end. 

You unlock Extra Mode too, which apparently is a pure ship battles mode, with the ability to acquire any ships and characters from the game. A “free mode” unrestrained from the narrative. However, you must first have obtained the characters and blueprints in a playthrough I believe. 

The third thing that unlocks at game’s end is the entire Database, now it’ll show more than Celestial Objects. It lists all obtained characters, fighters, and ships, with a little descriptive blurb of each. And it tells you what percentage of them you’ve unlocked, completing the database will require three playthroughs at least, probably more actually.

Combat Gameplay and Shipbuilding:

At the beginning of the game, this game is hard and very intimidating. The game has a HELP feature with almost all the tutorials you need located there, but being a text dump, it still leaves one overwhelmed. The lack of Fire Emblem’s modern “highlight a stat/skill and you can read what it does” is sorely missed in this game. 

The thing is, once you understand how the game’s ship battles operate, it becomes much easier. And by the end of the game, my fleet could OHKO random battles with the Normal command. And story fights were harder, but not brutal nor significantly more complex.

Melee combat, which you rarely must do and is never a choice for story battles unless thou must use it, is a barebones guessing game of rock-paper-scissors. Barring a few early fights and one spike of a battle later on, this is very easy. Just be sure to assign a Security Officer and underling with a good Combat stat, and ideally Space Warrior or maybe Marksman/Commander/Death Blow. Add Security Rooms and Crew Cabins to your ships if you need the extra attack/HP. The indoors you have to walk through are just the same corridors and movements again and again, no labyrinths, do nothing to these short lairs.

Even though spaceship battles are simple, I did experience some enjoyment over the long process of saving money to buy new ships and then deck them out in good modules, upgraded weapons, and fighters. It takes A LOT of money to buy new things (selling anything gives you back ~75-80% of its value, that’s good), and if you don't grind, you'll find yourself perpetually short on cash. That is, until late in the game, when boss battles start giving out 20k+, that is when money stops being such an issue. Nonetheless, ideally, you shouldn't have to upgrade your ships that often if you buy wisely and tune up what you do purchase.

Now when it comes to buying ships, UI could be better before you buy, it really should let you see the modular space layout beforehand, but buying and resetting without saving suffices in absence of it. It doesn’t explain what the handful of battleship skills do either. Nor is there a renaming feature either once you buy a ship, so if you don’t like what you first called it, you’ll have to buy the thing all over again. 

Then there is the sheer number of ships available. Fast and small Destroyers, Cruisers as a middleweight with good Anti-Air stats, Battleships are the big and slow monstrosities everybody loves, and Carriers are lightly armed, but can store more Fighters than anything else. And Fighters are extremely good. Lastly there is an Other category of a miscellaneous mix of fairly weak combat and utility ships.

Four main categories isn’t the problem, what is how the categories can spiral out of control. Which of so many competing vessels do you buy? Well stats and module space tell this story, but there are so many some seem utterly redundant and outright inferior to others. The Adrasteia was one of the worst cases of this, it comes in the second half of the game, but has sub-2000 Durability, which is really bad for a Battleship at that point. Although I did use two Eudoras through Zenito, and didn’t replace the other until after Adis. The quantity induces some “paradox of choice”, wherein you can’t decide which to get because you don’t know which is really the right choice.

The positive to this sea of machines voyaging through space is that you aren’t lacking for aesthetic variety in starship design. Every country and bandit group gets its own armada; as you play through the game, you’ll never see a recolor of a bogey back from an earlier chapter. Though since ship stats do gradually go up (and make a big jump at one point), you can’t entirely stick with what blocky DS graphics space arks you like. Not the worst game in terms of powercreep by any means though. The Carrier I bought at the start of the second half of the game lasted me to the final battle.

Should You Find A Copy of Infinite Space?:

Whether you’d want to play Infinite Space is one question I won’t answer for you, I can see the gameplay being something of a turnoff. But I’d consider watching an LP for the story if you like sci-fi. I certainly won’t call it legendary, but I liked it, it’s good. I enjoyed the game.

The game from what I'm aware is rare and pricey FYI. And you can't delete files, only overwrite them. And you can't do anything about the Database, which means you'll miss on ~200 Fame total (easily obtained from a handful of fights), and you won't want to look at it to avoid some spoilers.

And again, I'll say it was held back by being a grandiose space opera on the DS, and this had its impact on story, gameplay, and visuals all alike.

A full-budget remake on a more powerful system wouldn't fix all the problems it had, some writing ones and flatness of the great majority of the cast could endure without serious, arguably extraneous effort put into it. But such an idealistic remake could make the game much memorable for a larger audience.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The consoles on the other hand.......I mean the NES and SNES had their fair share and once again, the Switch technically but other than that......yeah. Most notorious of them is the N64.

Not like there were really any competitors to the NES, and while the Genesis existed, it was the SNES that hosted practically all of the 16-bit classics. Nintendo could've held on to that title in the 64-bit era, were it not for that fatal cartridge blunder. Now I demand you watch some Quest 64 to see what an atrocity that is.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

but there was no one really negative in there (except Lewyn, because philanderers need to cease existing this instant, and Ares, who felt like your typical fanfic edgelord).

My problem with Lewyn wasn't Gen 1, there wasn't enough actual philandering to sour me on him. Gen 2 Forseti-Lewyn *sigh*🚬... I had built up this very majestic image of Forseti-Lewyn before playing FE4, I refused to accept what I actually saw ingame. You are not a wise dragon borrowing a human's body, you're someone's bitter old unlikable uncle. Go away and give me my ungrounded fantasy back!

Oh, and for Ares, he was added because Kaga thought would be sad at not having Eldigan join in Gen 1, so you get his son for free. And it's astoundingly ironic how easy Ares flips on the man who raised him for much of his life, while Eldigan died in service to an oaf he should've chopped down and taken the Agustrian throne from. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Like... people complain about "four conversations -> boom! Marriage!" in modern FE, but in this game it's "zero/one conversation(s) -> boom! Marriage!". I just don't see how this game did that any better than the newer entries, is basically what I'm saying.

Keep in mind that SNES/Super Famicom games ran into frequent storage space problems. When Ted Woolsey wrote the FFVI English translation for the SNES, he had to trim out words because the cartridges simply couldn't contain the extra text. Adding yet more dialogue into FE4 might not have been realistic.

Age can be a terrible thing for video games.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

btw Acacia, is it me, or did Archers/Bow Users get quite a bit buffed in BU?

Admittedly, haven't played BU, so I can't really tell you. How do you feel they're buffed? Better cards, enemy composition, etc?

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, haven't played BU, so I can't really tell you. How do you feel they're buffed? Better cards, enemy composition, etc?

In YU it was very easy to come back from ther initiation, especially due to their inherint disadvantage against physical weapons.

Here it's very hard (for enemy and ally alike) to come back from an attack an Archer initiated.

Which is a good thing mind you.

So you only watched the game or something?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So you only watched the game or something?

Admittedly... not even a whole lot of that. Your screenshots are the most I've visually seen about the game.

I still know stuff, since I like to read up about stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I see...

I thought you'd played the game because of how much you know and how much you seemed to love YU haha

You don't mind me posting stuff, right?

Well, I never could get a PSP, and unlike most people here, I don't go all Captain Harlock. I did got the chance to actually play GBA YU, but I no longer have the game anymore. Well, it is because I like YU so much that I read up about BU since I couldn't get the game, heh.

Please, I'd feel more offended if you withheld. When some people complain of being spoiled, I'd complain about not being spoiled.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I... honestly don't know. I certainly can dislike individual stuff from a video game, but to say I'd rather play something else because of it... not really.

Right... I suppose you've just been even more careful with your purchases than I. Or, your standards are lower, and I don't mean that in a bad way. While there aren't many games that I would say I hate (it's... honestly pretty much just Three Houses at this point), I have dropped a bunch before finishing for one reason or another. I try to be careful with the games I play, but well, sometimes it do be like that.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But if you want any sort of explanation, I suppose I just can't bring myself to dislike video games to such an extent. Don't have the dislike to spare, I guess. That's all I'll say on the matter.

I see. Well, thank you for confiding in me. I must say, it's a healthy way to look at videogames. Some of us get way too passionate at times.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You don't mind me posting stuff, right?

I know you didn't ask me, but I find it entertaining. Riviera memories gives me a slight bonding to Dept Heaven, so I don't mind learning more of the loose (and dead) series. Which is why I want someone to drink the absinthe and go for KitN. I wouldn't play Blaze Union until a fan translation anyhow.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe i really should've went with a full let's play then...

but it's just so much work as i learned from my conquest lp haha

Stick with what you're doing then if it's too much work to do more, it's fine and fun.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't play Blaze Union until a fan translation anyhow.

Well, a translation exists, and it's how i am playing

just no patch.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/991418-blaze-union-story-to-reach-the-future/faqs/68205 The Translation i am using

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stick with what you're doing then if it's too much work to do more, it's fine and fun.

👍

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd add Radiant Historia and the Devil Survivor games to the good stuff, hence me mentioning Atlus earlier, although their 3DS enhanced ports obsolete all three of the original versions. Oh, and I need to toss OG Saga Endless Frontier Exceed on to the Japan-only great stuff, but I'm the only one who would think that.🙃

Yeah I did not count them for you saying Atlus (And I will definitely go to bat for RH).

Which is why me saying SMT:SJ should've been called out.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And for Infinite Space, it's a 7-8ish game for me. My old review posted here on SF:

Reveal hidden contents

Finished Infinite Space. A review of sorts for this game, developed primarily by a company called Nude Maker (just don't tell anyone that), with help from Platinum Games of action genre fame, and licensed by Segaaaaaa!.:

Plot:

As said before about the story, it’s good, but restrained by the limitations of the system it was made on. Moving beyond that description, the narrative starts slowly, picks up, shifts over to a new arc, and then gradually builds itself back up.

An issue I have with it though is that it is a little diffuse. You have the Epitaph stuff, which at the beginning is accompanied by a space pirates focus because they’re easy for a novice like Yuri to destroy. You later have the big bad stuff, and you get plenty of political infighting amongst the nations of the Magellanic Clouds. And there are small choices and larger temporary route splits, which have differing narratives, battles, and rewards.

But due to all these elements with a universe where I’m counting ~13 countries, you don’t get very much of an in-depth feel for any of them, just enough understanding to go on and distinguish them. Although to be fair, the sci-fi scope of this game isn’t about individual planets or planetary systems, it is about seeing the entirety of the universe, which to be so broad, requires a lack of depth elsewhere.

Nonetheless, I’d say the narrative is the game’s greatest strength.

Characters:

On the player side, the bazillion crew members you can optionally recruit, outside of a Tavern talk or three, almost never show up after they join. Most of these characters are missable, so that offers an explanation.

Of the main cast, I don’t think any of the hero characters grow significantly. Yuri the main character has the most growth of course, I’d say I like him. Everyone tends to stick to some trope handled in a subdued manner. They’re nice people, but overall, this is a plot-driven game I’d say, not a character-driven one, even if I got attached to a couple of them. 

The villain side is thinner than the heroes I’d say, but they aren’t painfully bad, just a bit lacking due to a lack of screentime. 

Music and Graphics:

Music has isn’t memorable, but not bad. Sound effects are grating on the other hand sometimes, namely those of all the lasers, plasma, and solid ammo your space navy shoots.

The CGs and character profile artwork is good. The game tries its best to make 64-bit era+ (but less than GC) polygons into distinctive warships of space, which the game’s primary visual emphasis, and there it succeeded I believe.

Non-Combat Gameplay:

This game has a lot of easily missable crew members and blueprints for modules and ships. Some of this stuff you can only choose at missing out on other things. Other cases require doing things that you’d have no idea you’d have to do. But, a blind player can should be able to make it through even when they miss on most of this, as long as they understand the game and do well with that they can find.

Figuring out where to go next is something of a problem in this game. There is no story log if you drop the game for a while and come back to it. And sometimes the game just isn’t as clear as it should be about where you should go next. A few times it actually just wants you cruising around. Navigating the game’s starlanes and nondescript planets with many different names creates another problem, at least early on.

Everything about this game is handled with the touch screen, I think it works elegantly. You can tap to skip battle command animations, which seriously speeds things up. And the L button speeds up text in case you have to retry a battle and have to sit through the same dialogue again.

Completion of the game unlocks a New Game+ feature. Unfortunately, all that carries over is character stats and levels and current money. No ships, no blueprints, nor fame, which means this NG+ you can’t put on cruise control unless you grind for a lot of money at the end. 

You unlock Extra Mode too, which apparently is a pure ship battles mode, with the ability to acquire any ships and characters from the game. A “free mode” unrestrained from the narrative. However, you must first have obtained the characters and blueprints in a playthrough I believe. 

The third thing that unlocks at game’s end is the entire Database, now it’ll show more than Celestial Objects. It lists all obtained characters, fighters, and ships, with a little descriptive blurb of each. And it tells you what percentage of them you’ve unlocked, completing the database will require three playthroughs at least, probably more actually.

Combat Gameplay and Shipbuilding:

At the beginning of the game, this game is hard and very intimidating. The game has a HELP feature with almost all the tutorials you need located there, but being a text dump, it still leaves one overwhelmed. The lack of Fire Emblem’s modern “highlight a stat/skill and you can read what it does” is sorely missed in this game. 

The thing is, once you understand how the game’s ship battles operate, it becomes much easier. And by the end of the game, my fleet could OHKO random battles with the Normal command. And story fights were harder, but not brutal nor significantly more complex.

Melee combat, which you rarely must do and is never a choice for story battles unless thou must use it, is a barebones guessing game of rock-paper-scissors. Barring a few early fights and one spike of a battle later on, this is very easy. Just be sure to assign a Security Officer and underling with a good Combat stat, and ideally Space Warrior or maybe Marksman/Commander/Death Blow. Add Security Rooms and Crew Cabins to your ships if you need the extra attack/HP. The indoors you have to walk through are just the same corridors and movements again and again, no labyrinths, do nothing to these short lairs.

Even though spaceship battles are simple, I did experience some enjoyment over the long process of saving money to buy new ships and then deck them out in good modules, upgraded weapons, and fighters. It takes A LOT of money to buy new things (selling anything gives you back ~75-80% of its value, that’s good), and if you don't grind, you'll find yourself perpetually short on cash. That is, until late in the game, when boss battles start giving out 20k+, that is when money stops being such an issue. Nonetheless, ideally, you shouldn't have to upgrade your ships that often if you buy wisely and tune up what you do purchase.

Now when it comes to buying ships, UI could be better before you buy, it really should let you see the modular space layout beforehand, but buying and resetting without saving suffices in absence of it. It doesn’t explain what the handful of battleship skills do either. Nor is there a renaming feature either once you buy a ship, so if you don’t like what you first called it, you’ll have to buy the thing all over again. 

Then there is the sheer number of ships available. Fast and small Destroyers, Cruisers as a middleweight with good Anti-Air stats, Battleships are the big and slow monstrosities everybody loves, and Carriers are lightly armed, but can store more Fighters than anything else. And Fighters are extremely good. Lastly there is an Other category of a miscellaneous mix of fairly weak combat and utility ships.

Four main categories isn’t the problem, what is how the categories can spiral out of control. Which of so many competing vessels do you buy? Well stats and module space tell this story, but there are so many some seem utterly redundant and outright inferior to others. The Adrasteia was one of the worst cases of this, it comes in the second half of the game, but has sub-2000 Durability, which is really bad for a Battleship at that point. Although I did use two Eudoras through Zenito, and didn’t replace the other until after Adis. The quantity induces some “paradox of choice”, wherein you can’t decide which to get because you don’t know which is really the right choice.

The positive to this sea of machines voyaging through space is that you aren’t lacking for aesthetic variety in starship design. Every country and bandit group gets its own armada; as you play through the game, you’ll never see a recolor of a bogey back from an earlier chapter. Though since ship stats do gradually go up (and make a big jump at one point), you can’t entirely stick with what blocky DS graphics space arks you like. Not the worst game in terms of powercreep by any means though. The Carrier I bought at the start of the second half of the game lasted me to the final battle.

Should You Find A Copy of Infinite Space?:

Whether you’d want to play Infinite Space is one question I won’t answer for you, I can see the gameplay being something of a turnoff. But I’d consider watching an LP for the story if you like sci-fi. I certainly won’t call it legendary, but I liked it, it’s good. I enjoyed the game.

The game from what I'm aware is rare and pricey FYI. And you can't delete files, only overwrite them. And you can't do anything about the Database, which means you'll miss on ~200 Fame total (easily obtained from a handful of fights), and you won't want to look at it to avoid some spoilers.

And again, I'll say it was held back by being a grandiose space opera on the DS, and this had its impact on story, gameplay, and visuals all alike.

A full-budget remake on a more powerful system wouldn't fix all the problems it had, some writing ones and flatness of the great majority of the cast could endure without serious, arguably extraneous effort put into it. But such an idealistic remake could make the game much memorable for a larger audience.

Is the story and thus main campaign linear?

Just wanting to asked based on what I read there

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I never could get a PSP, and unlike most people here, I don't go all Captain Harlock.

That's one way to say it.

Teehee is truly a pirate's dive bar at times.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was a bomb as big as the Psynergy Vortex thingy the game silently ended on a cliffhanger next to. Not a horrible game, but stagnation, in ways regression, and in ways showed the faults of the GBA games more clearly.

It's disheartening to see that GS walked itself into a corner like that, after finally getting another game after years since the last. It's clear DD was just the base for setting up stuff that would hopefully get seen through in a fourth game... but well, chances of getting that fourth game is slim to none now.

Which is true, the game per se isn't bad. I enjoyed playing it. Which reminds me I still haven't beaten Dullahan there... Anyway, it certainly could've been done better.