Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Teehee the Sixth said:

Benice's argument is actually good, although a bit misguided. The real problem is that this fanbase hates changes.

I am one of the loudest anti-support guys in this thread haha. I really really hate the system.

Edited by Teeheemperor

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Teehee the Sixth said:

That's because you never got into an argument with him

Actually, I almost did, once. One of the times I was dissing the designs of Fates characters. He appeared out of nowhere to defend them.

Except instead of arguing I conceded a couple of his points, insisted that I was merely sharing my opinion, and that was it. Flamewar avoided.

I must say, it wasn't that hard.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Off topic, but I just checked the supports thread Benice started and it has somehow devolved into a flamewar about Peri. I know everyone hates Peri, but... How? How did it come to this? The damn thread had nothing to do with her!

Ooh, my least favorite character. Well, now I have to see what’s going on over there.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Glad you liked it! On to Banner Saga 2, then. As I've said before, they feel like different parts of the same game, so there's little point in waiting.

If you're wondering, importing saves is really easy. When you press "new game" in tbs2, there's a button in the upper side of the screen that lets you select a save from tbs1 to import. That'll let you keep all of your choices and stats.

Yes, that does sound simple. On to Banner Saga 2 after some breakfast.

Hide contents

Ahhh, the final choice of Banner Saga 1. Perhaps the most awesome moment in the entire series. If there ever was a doubt that this series was going to be even slightly Telltale-ish, that doubt goes away entirely in this moment, right here.

If you give the arrow to Rook, Rook dies. If you give it to Alette, Alette dies. The game doesn't hold back at all. It will let you kill off Rook's young daughter, her whole life ahead of her. And no, she does not get revived. This isn't that kind of story. The one that dies here stays dead for good. Hooded Alette is her appearance in the following games if she survives this encounter. Rook also gets a glow-over, though it's a more subtle one.

Oh, and no, Rook does not miss. In fact, Rook actually has more of a chance to land the arrow safely, since his strength is higher. I believe the reason she says that is because, well, she had to pose a convincing argument, otherwise everyone and their mom would've picked Rook.

Spoiler

On the one hand, I really really wanted to see more of Alette than I did of Rook, but on the other hand, having the father figure of the gentle but naive young girl trying to save the world outlive her father is something I don’t think I’ve seen in fiction before.

Rook doesn’t miss though? I mean that makes sense, I don’t know how they would let you lose the final battle. Too bad for me that that line about Alette being a better shot is the whole reason I picked her.

You know, because of the frogman blunder, you're actually doing worse than me at this point. I only lost two people.

Didn’t you lose 3? 

Spoiler

Yrsa, Egil and Alette? You did get Yrsa killed right?

Or are we not counting Alette because someone has to die there? In which case I had 2 deaths.

Yeah, the other 10 deaths came later lol

RIP. Though you’re probably more disappointed in me so far, because I killed the only two primarily green characters in this game.

Personally, having played both routes now, I actually find the Rook route a bit more interesting. They're both great, but Rook is more interesting. See, the father sacrificing himself and his young child going on a journey to become an adult and finish what their father started is... something we see all the time. Fathers dying in fiction to expedite their children's character development is so common that it's a joke at this point.

The Rook route does something really interesting, because Alette dying there is... actually a good ending for her arc, if you think about it. She went from a weak little girl who couldn't do much to a selfless hero who was ready to die for the sake of those around her. And now Rook has to deal with the responsibility to honor her sacrifice to keep all those people alive and safe, when the one person he wanted to protect more than anyone else is gone. Heartbreaking, but brilliant.

I seriously love how gutsy this series is. A lesser story would've killed Rook no matter what.

I agree with all of this. I know I said it above, but yeah.

As for your questions... I think I put the people in a public house, and then I just fought on the wall the rest of the time, because I was afraid what would happen if I didn't.

When I import my save and it keeps all my stats and decisions, does it also keep my resources? I’m going to be sad if I got 14 days worth of supplies but didn’t get to use any of it because the game ended right there.

Spoiler

As for the arrow, Alette convinced me with her rousing speech about having grown and shit. I felt it was most appropriate that Rook would show her he believed in her. When... well, that happened, it hit me like a sack of bricks. Guess a part of me still wasn't sure that they'd have the balls to go for it. Wrong.

Spoiler

I agree with that first part, but if Alette didn’t have that line about her being a better shot I’m not sure I would have picked her.

I thought hooded Alette was an indicator of her survival here.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I could share the mother of all zappings, but it'd be heavy spoilers for @Teeheeooks, so...

Don't you dare to click this, Sooks! This is super spoilerific of Banner Saga 2's ending!

Reveal hidden contents

Okay! I did not look.

Oh dear.

9 minutes ago, Teehee the Sixth said:

Benice's argument is actually good, although a bit misguided. The real problem is that this fanbase hates changes.

Yeah, that was the general gist wasn't it.

"Hey, i think Supports don't do a good job. I'd like to see this instead".

Fanbase: "NO"

I mean, it probably has to do with the fact that Supports have been around for almost two decades at this point but yeah.

10 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Tsun Ruben strikes again

lurrUKcU_o.png

This is probably my favorite meme/cursed image I've made. XD

--------

Well, I missed quite a bit, eh?

Supports thread, hm. I guess I'll give my two cents about it.

What's the worst that could happen? This is the FE fandom after all.

762762349072351282.png?v=1

2 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Hide contents

On the one hand, I really really wanted to see more of Alette than I did of Rook, but on the other hand, having the father figure of the gentle but naive young girl trying to save the world outlive her father is something I don’t think I’ve seen in fiction before.

Spoiler

This was basically my opinion too. It hurt so much to lose her, because I did like her more than Rook at the time, but on the other hand, Rook surviving Alette is a complete subversion of how the trope usually goes, so I respect the route for that alone.

Spoiler

Rook doesn’t miss though? I mean that makes sense, I don’t know how they would let you lose the final battle. Too bad for me that that line about Alette being a better shot is the whole reason I picked her.

Spoiler

I'd say that's by design. If she was all like "I wanna be useful daddy, even if I'm a scrub and probably will die" nobody would've picked her. They probably made her seem so full of confidence in order to make it look like she stands a chance.

And then Bellower grabs her.

Didn’t you lose 3? 

Hide contents

Yrsa, Egil and Alette? You did get Yrsa killed right?

Or are we not counting Alette because someone has to die there? In which case I had 2 deaths.

Spoiler

I did lose those three, and I am counting Alette. I also meant what I said. The maths add up, and I will tell you how when you make it a bit further into Banner Saga 2.

RIP. Though you’re probably more disappointed in me so far, because I killed the only two primarily green characters in this game.

I am truly the embodiment of anger right now.

When I import my save and it keeps all my stats and decisions, does it also keep my resources? I’m going to be sad if I got 14 days worth of supplies but didn’t get to use any of it because the game ended right there.

Resources are kept, I believe.

Okay! I did not look.

Good sook.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Supports thread, hm. I guess I'll give my two cents about it.

Bye, Twilit, it was nice knowing you around these parts! I'll pray for your soul as well!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh dear.

perfect reaction lmao

I mean, it probably has to do with the fact that Supports have been around for almost two decades at this point but yeah.

smh FE conservatives

says the biggest Trails conservative around

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

F

Oh dear.

It's not even about supports anymore at this point lol

This is probably my favorite meme/cursed image I've made. XD

I like it also. Even if I probably shouldn't.

Foolish person. You'll be torn apart by the wolves...!

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:

Peri bad.

See, why do people put in all the effort for those walls of text? That easy easy!

As easy as pulling a cart full of gold from the border of a cliff.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, how has it not been locked yet?

I have no idea. Certainly warrants a lock at this point, people have gone way off-topic and I'm pretty sure Benice has long since jumped ship anyway.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Kingdom Hears 358/2 Days has to be the best Kingdom Hearts game just because Donald and Goofy are actually freely playable. And Mickey, I suppose.

Edited by BrightBow

14 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

I am one of the loudest anti-support guys in this thread haha. I really really hate the system.

The problem is not the system itself, it's the execution.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I almost did, once. One of the times I was dissing the designs of Fates characters. He appeared out of nowhere to defend them.

Except instead of arguing I conceded a couple of his points, insisted that I was merely sharing my opinion, and that was it. Flamewar avoided.

I must say, it wasn't that hard.

It's too dishonesty for me to just leave it alone. I wanted to be like you.

9 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Unbenannt.PNG

F/SN Gil is the worst version of him. Literally generic doomsday villain.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh dear.

Yeah, that was the general gist wasn't it.

"Hey, i think Supports don't do a good job. I'd like to see this instead".

Fanbase: "NO"

Yes. Honestly, Florete is right: even if it's only storywise, permadeath has to go.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

I'd say that's by design. If she was all like "I wanna be useful daddy, even if I'm a scrub and probably will die" nobody would've picked her. They probably made her seem so full of confidence in order to make it look like she stands a chance.

And then Bellower grabs her.

Yeah, I agree, and it worked.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

I did lose those three, and I am counting Alette. I also meant what I said. The maths add up, and I will tell you how when you make it a bit further into Banner Saga 2.

Ah yes, 3 < 3 definitely adds up.

I will see what you mean I guess.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Resources are kept, I believe.

Let’s go.

1 minute ago, Teeheemperor said:

smh FE conservatives

says the biggest Trails conservative around

There is white text here that says Shrimpy is the biggest Trails conservative around.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As easy as pulling a cart full of gold from the border of a cliff.

As easy as setting a forest on fire while you’re deep into it and thinking you won’t die.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Kingdom Hears 358/2 Days has to be the best Kingdom Hearts game just because Mickey, Donald and Goofy are actually freely playable.

Too bad they didn't port it instead making small movies out of the scenes. Game needed a port badly.

As easy as setting a forest on fire while you’re deep into it and thinking you won’t die.

Except that was secretly the best choice I could've made.

1 minute ago, Teeheemperor said:

damn it my secret!

That trick always works for me, how could it fail you?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Teehee the Sixth said:

Yes. Honestly, Florete is right: even if it's only storywise, permadeath has to go.

Before i was little unsure but now? I agree.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Except that was secretly the best choice I could've made.

Not good enough at the game to save Ludin? 😛

Nah, Permadeath can stay. The problem is it's execution more than anything

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That trick always works for me, how could it fail you?

Mabye Sooks has a super power? The wicked eye of white text seeing?