Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

6 break.

According to the description, Rook was given an item.

So yeah, not scripted, and actually very much doable. But well, unless you're gunning for the achievement, chances are you won't see it.

8 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

The tutorial makes me spend my renown? I wanted to promote Hakon, so he could be usable!

You'll get more.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

According to the description, Rook was given an item.

Yep, they had to plan.

So yeah, not scripted, and actually very much doable. But well, unless you're gunning for the achievement, chances are you won't see it.

I was just assuming it was scripted in the moment, you’re the expert.

You'll get more.

I mean hopefully, but did the game have to taunt me with all those items I wouldn’t be able afford (I doubt I’ll be able to go back for them?),

Or maybe I just should actually have tried in that second battle and not given up.

…I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining, I’m really not.

Edited by Teeheeooks

The game gave Oddleif 3 free promotions, which was nice, so I’m bringing her off the bench to replace 

Spoiler

Alette

for now, although that’s definitely subject to change.

That support thread right now...

https://i.imgur.com/5YaBzx3.png

Edited by Teehee the Sixth

Oh hey, I got to my first choice.

Spoiler

I decided to have people harvest the wooed because resources are very, very important, and now I have to fight some dredge.

Although in retrospect, we might not be harvesting it but instead clearing a way through land, but oh well, not going back.

19 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

I was just assuming it was scripted in the moment, you’re the expert.

2 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Oh hey, I got to my first choice.

Hide contents

I decided to have people harvest the wooed because resources are very, very important, and now I have to fight some dredge.

Although in retrospect, we might not be harvesting it but instead clearing a way through land, but oh well, not going back.

Yeah it wasn't harvesting, it was clearing a way for the boats lol

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, if this wasn't here I'd be less than enthused to see some people here make fun of/put down people for what they like or not. I honestly thought you guys were better than this.

I assume this counts me in, as I didn't exactly respond the most pleasantly.

I apologise if I seemed to be talking at you there, that was not my intention.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Granted, unlike in the comics the voice would have been a problem. But couldn't they at least come up with a better reason for his absence then him having to do freaking military service of all things?

Does that make Ducktales canonically during WWII? /s

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As easy as pulling a cart full of gold from the border of a cliff.

Hey, there's physical effort in moving the cart back from the cliff.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The game has been fun, typical FF ATB, and that's fine. Not amazing, but it doesn't need to be. I mostly want to finish it at this point for story resolution.

• Some sluggishness is to blame for sure, the PS1 could only process things so fast, and it shows.
  • There is also me regretting being a cheapskate and sticking to my PS3 version of the game I had bought years ago instead of getting it for $10 again on Switch. Being glued to a console in my room feels lifelessly shackling after years of being used to 3DS, Wii U Gamepad, undocked Switch gaming, and laptop emulation. Sure playing in the family room isn't that much freer -I'd never take my Switch somewhere away from home barring a distraction for day trip- but psychologically it isn't as dank. And I'm someone who already thinks they have no life.
  • And again, this is totally typical game burnout for me. I insist on only buying games that are sufficiently long, I almost always hesitate to buy shorter games, because I'm concerned I wouldn't get my money's worth. And yet, long games I deem worth my funds end up being difficult to finish!😅
    • The first instance of this that I ever had was Tales of Symphonia back when I was but a child in  junior high, I made it all the way to the warp sigil to the final boss, it took me years before I ever confronted them. Baten Kaitos was a similar story at the same time in my youth -but that also scarred me out of finishing it for years since I was softlocked against the Chaotic Trio. 
    • And this has happened with countless JRPGs since, albeit not as bad. Non-JRPGs have been affected too, like Breath of the Wild and confronting Calamity Ganon, and Shovel Knight three DLC campaigns. 

Yeah, I did not 100% FFIX and that is fine.

Where are you now actually?

Also, on the support thread talk leaking here, I'm just going to go back to sleep and assume the state of nirvana known as ignorance.

Also, why was there a ton of zapping earlier? I can only respond like this.

1 minute ago, Teeheeyni said:

Yeah, I did not 100% FFIX and that is fine.

Where are you now actually?

I got the Hilda Garde III. Need to purse Kuja to the ice castle now. I want to check out the world map to see if there is anything I can find, but I don't feel like it.

2 minutes ago, Teeheeyni said:

Also, on the support thread talk leaking here, I'm just going to go back to sleep and assume the state of nirvana known as ignorance.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-05-at-12-06-09-PM.pn

Enjoy your sleep/nap!

Lost the first battle, let’s goooo

Well, second if you count the fact that I decided to go for an extra battle instead of losing the first part of it, and if you don’t count the tutorial.

All that happened was I lost a couple fighters though, the task was still accomplished.

Edited by Teeheeooks

That moment when your favorite character's most badass moment is missable if you're a good player, but you suck so hard that you get it in both runs.

Not very relatable, I know, but still. Just wanted to point out that I suck and Ludin is best boy.

20 minutes ago, Teeheeyni said:

Hey, there's physical effort in moving the cart back from the cliff.

Sooks knows what I mean.

Suffice to say, I know it's not easy.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That moment when your favorite character's most badass moment is missable if you're a good player, but you suck so hard that you get it in both runs.

Looks like I’m bound to get it if it’s tied to results in battle.

The first battle… the first battle…. I mean in my defense, the game took away three of the units I was using for that fight, but still.

'Morning, everyone!

Sorry 'bout making the support thread. I should have just done it, like, here, since everyone's a lot more relaxed.

Looks like I’m bound to get it if it’s tied to results in battle.

You'll see.

The first battle… the first battle…. I mean in my defense, the game took away three of the units I was using for that fight, but still.

O O F

Just now, Benice said:

'Morning, everyone!

Sorry 'bout making the support thread. I should have just done it, like, here, since everyone's a lot more relaxed.

Why are you apologizing? The thread went completely off the rails lol, it wasn't that bad when people were actually, y'know, discussing the nature of supports as a mechanic and a tool to give characterization to units, as opposed to "hurr durr x is bad y is good and you suck if you disagree."

Just now, Teeheeooks said:

I have decided to all of Sven’s challenges because something good might maybe happen if I do.

And… renown. Yeah.

I'm gonna be honest, I never bothered. So do tell what happens when you get all of them.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You got ignored, as usual. Xd how sad.

It be like that.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Hey, no need to apologize. Nothing at all wrong with asking a very good and valid question about FE.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Why are you apologizing? The thread went completely off the rails lol, it wasn't that bad when people were actually, y'know, discussing the nature of supports as a mechanic and a tool to give characterization to units, as opposed to "hurr durr x is bad y is good and you suck if you disagree."

Yeah, but I shoulda known that this'd happen.

Maybe being called an idiot so that I stopped replying was a blessing in disguise.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Maybe being called an idiot so that I stopped replying was a blessing in disguise.

Wait, someone called you an idiot? Who?

I didn't read through the thread. I just wanted to answer your question specifically.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

O O F

If you didn’t see my post about if before, I chose to fight extra enemies after I won initially and that was the nail in the coffin.

I'm gonna be honest, I never bothered. So do tell what happens when you get all of them.

I did three and he told me to come back later.

And this last one gave me 21 renown, or at least most of that number.

@Benice you are not an idiot! And you couldn’t have known that the support thread would devolve into the Peri thread, because well, that’s random. So congratulations for actually winning the support thread.

Edited by Teeheeooks

Oh hey, I get to choose a second ability for Iver. This is actually a hard choice… they’re both good abilities.

Edit: I think I’m going with forge ahead, and I can get tempest on Hakon since he has more strength.

Edited by Teeheeooks