Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:
  Hide contents

@Saint Rubenio do you remember that scene where Bolverk and Hakon are fighting, soon after crossing the canyon? In my game, Yrsa popped up out of nowhere to shoot a fire arrow at the ground near Bolverk which distracted him so Juno could do her mind stuff to calm him down. How did that end in your game, though, where you didn’t have Yrsa? Did you have to finish the fight (Yrsa popped in at the third turn) to calm him?

Spoiler

This is the "other benefit" I had described earlier.

You see, if Yrsa dies in the forest fire or during Ludin's mad charge at Ridgehorn, she... actually does not die. Which isn't so far-fetched, considering no corpse is discovered in either scenario, she's just assumed dead. She returns in TBS2 during the fight between Bolverk and Hakon.

Not only that...

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihiro&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&w=720&h=720

She comes back sporting the most badass scars. Girl straight up lost a chunk of her neck and got out with her life and her snark unscathed. Because she's a witch.

Honestly, it kinda solidified her as one of my favorites in the trilogy. Plus, I was spared Ludin's mess at Ridgehorn and got a badass scarred Yrsa for my trouble. A net benefit, sending her to burn down that forest.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Teeheeooks said:

Good, because you should play the games yourself.

I've the first part years back, indeed I should pick up the others.

2 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

Because reasons...

Every now and again you post something that doesn't fit you.

I wonder if there's a reason for it.

(At least I giggled about the portal falling down)

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is the "other benefit" I had described earlier.

You see, if Yrsa dies in the forest fire or during Ludin's mad charge at Ridgehorn, she... actually does not die. Which isn't so far-fetched, considering no corpse is discovered in either scenario, she's just assumed dead. She returns in TBS2 during the fight between Bolverk and Hakon.

Not only that...

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihiro&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&w=720&h=720

She comes back sporting the most badass scars. Girl straight up lost a chunk of her neck and got out with her life and her snark unscathed. Because she's a witch.

Honestly, it kinda solidified her as one of my favorites in the trilogy. Plus, I was spared Ludin's mess at Ridgehorn and got a badass scarred Yrsa for my trouble. A net benefit, sending her to burn down that forest.

Of course…

I like how Sparr’s ability is just him insulting someone.

Edit: Also, 

Spoiler

Bersi really abandoned Ludin to go run away with Bolverk? That seems… out of character.

Edited by Teeheeooks

28 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

now that's a trailer

I want to know more damn it.

Well, they're definitely handling this better than Luminous Avenger at least. They announced that game and then radio silence for over a year until like, three months before release.

Meanwhile, Blaster Master Zero gets shadowdropped lol.

32 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

you have my attention

Well... not much else to say, actually. I just thought of you when I read that. It's a line from Banner Saga. Now go play Banner Saga.

21 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

I like how Sparr’s ability is just him insulting someone.

Sparr is great. He's just this withered asshole tagging along with the hardened mercenaries.

21 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Edit: Also, 

Hide contents

Bersi really abandoned Ludin to go run away with Bolverk? That seems… out of character.

Implying Bersi has a character

If he lives long enough, he gets a conversation in Banner Saga 3 that sheds some light on his motivations. Suffice to say, it does make some sense.

42 minutes ago, Teeheeyni said:

Every now and again you post something that doesn't fit you.

I wonder if there's a reason for it.

(At least I giggled about the portal falling down)

Sometimes a man must succumb to his lesser nature in order to continue surviving.

@Saint Rubenio do the ravens ever get kind options? I really wanted supplies, like everyone does in their early game, I imagine, but every option was like “kill them all and take all their supplies” so I just… didn’t. But no kind or non violent options were offered, unless you consider ignoring them a kindness.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sparr is great. He's just this withered asshole tagging along with the hardened mercenaries.

Yep, he seems… odd as a unit (not bad, just odd)  , but I like him, so on the team he goes.

If he lives long enough

Oh no.

Edited by Teeheeooks

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:

@Saint Rubenio do the ravens ever get kind options? I really wanted supplies, like everyone does in their early game, I imagine, but every option was like “kill them all and take all their supplies” so I just… didn’t. But no kind or non violent options were offered, unless you consider ignoring them a kindness.

You're not playing as good guys now. It'd go against their characters to be kind.

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:

Yep, he seems… odd as a unit (not bad, just odd)  , but I like him, so on the team he goes.

He's basically the Aleo of the Ravens, except he's in a caravan that needs him more and his ability is better.

Oh, incidentally, I just remembered:

Spoiler

The reason I believe Egghill to be better than Egil is that Egghill goes with the Ravens. The Raven caravan desperately needs units, so Egghill is much appreciated there, whereas Egil, while a good tank, exists alongside dudes like Mogr, Griss and Iver, who do his job well enough.

I was finally able to save people who were being attacked and have them give us their supplies… and they had 1. 1… supply. Game, why?

48 minutes ago, Teeheeyni said:

I've the first part years back, indeed I should pick up the others.

I missed this, but do you mean you played the first part or you just purchased it?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You're not playing as good guys now. It'd go against their characters to be kind.

Well they have to suck it up now.

But like… I just won’t have the option? It’s kill and take or die?

Just now, Teeheeooks said:

I missed this, but do you mean you played the first part or you just purchased it?

Ah yeah, I think part of why I didn't go through it was because of knowing about the other parts coming out.

Nevermind! Bak is great. Maybe not Sparr great, but great.

1 minute ago, Teeheeyni said:

Ah yeah, I think part of why I didn't go through it was because of knowing about the other parts coming out.

I mean, if you still have it, it wouldn’t hurt to try it. I personally think it’s a lot of fun.

2 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

I just won’t have the option? It’s kill and take or die?

Yeah, the Ravens aren't kind people and they won't get outright kind options. At best you can just ignore folks sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, the Ravens aren't kind people and they won't get outright kind options. At best you can just ignore folks sometimes.

Oh okay.

Welp, I apologize to everyone in the world of Banner Saga in advance.

I made it to chapter 10, so I’m done for now. As far as choices…

Spoiler

I took Bak along and let home come to whatever down we just got to, and I also joined the axe throwing guy in the fight instead of watching. I also let Sefa join, as I said above, and obliterated her team in the fight following her betrayal. As far as every other encounter, I basically just ignored everyone holding on to hope that I could be kind.

When I actually got to town, however, my first choice was to take Folka in with me. That didn’t amount to much, until the mender lady invited just me and Folka to stay inside the city while the Ravens are presumably left outside. This is where I saw my mistake, as I’m guessing that if I left Folka outside she wouldn’t have been invited to stay in the city, and would then have been able to protect the Ravens if/when something happens but because she’s there with Bolverk, she won’t be able to protect them, so I declined.

33 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Nevermind! Bak is great. Maybe not Sparr great, but great.

I would like him better if he wasn't just a shitty Ludin/Tryggvi. Seriously, starting with Pigsticker instead of Impale is so much worse. Oh, well.

6 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

I made it to chapter 10, so I’m done for now. As far as choices…

Hide contents

I took Bak along and let home come to whatever down we just got to, and I also joined the axe throwing guy in the fight instead of watching. I also let Sefa join, as I said above, and obliterated her team in the fight following her betrayal. As far as every other encounter, I basically just ignored everyone holding on to hope that I could be kind.

When I actually got to town, however, my first choice was to take Folka in with me. That didn’t amount to much, until the mender lady invited just me and Folka to stay inside the city while the Ravens are presumably left outside. This is where I saw my mistake, as I’m guessing that if I left Folka outside she wouldn’t have been invited to stay in the city, and would then have been able to protect the Ravens if/when something happens but because she’s there with Bolverk, she won’t be able to protect them, so I declined.

Not bad, not bad.

So now that I've finished Banner Saga, I've picked up a little hack I found called Fire Emblem Storge. It's an interesting concept, basically you're a merchant who starts with a ton of gold and you purchase supplies and hire units at the start of the game, and then you play the rest of it with that set-up. It's really short, with only 5 proper chapters, but the multitude of units to choose from adds replayability, and you're apparently scored depending on how much gold you have by the end of it.

It's also earned my respect when it started playing one of my favorite videogame tracks of all time in chapter 2. Nice.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's an interesting concept, basically you're a merchant who starts with a ton of gold and you purchase supplies and hire units at the start of the game, and then you play the rest of it with that set-up.

That does sound interesting. Let us know how you felt about it when you finish.