• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IntSys put MechaGodzilla in FEH, why do they keep wasting cool concepts on a gacha game?

WHAT?!

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

WHAT?!

Screenshot_20210605-223747.png

Ok it doesn't resemble MechaGodzilla at all but it's still a mecha-Kaiju, complete with it's own energy beam.

I mean, they kinda brought it on themselves, though. Throw as much mud as you want! They had a great idea, and ruined it (shocking, I know)

Edited by lightcosmo

Oh and I've thrown enough money at one card game (easily over $1,000, which I regret a bit.) And I know that's not alot comparing, but it was not the best choice I've made. Xd

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

They had a great idea, and ruined it

I blame the fundamental aspect of gacha on this tbh.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I play FEH and collect Cipher cards for the artwork, no other reasons! (Although Cipher has gotten to expensive for me)

I just go on the Wiki and hit "save as".

Just now, Armagon said:

I blame the fundamental aspect of gacha on this tbh.

I just go on the Wiki and hit "save as".

Yeah, mostly the powercreep ofc. Which is gacha 101. Xd

I like the more "personal" feel of owning them. I'm strange like that, haha.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I like the more "personal" feel of owning them. I'm strange like that, haha

Nah, i getcha. A family friend of mine is a collector, has like a whole room's worth of toys and figurines, most in their original packaging. 

I finished off the Spider-Man trilogy today with Spider-Man 3. To start off with my biggest problem with these movies, the acting, it was kind of better than the second but also kind of worse. Mainly, this is the first Spider-Man movie where it’s ever looked like Toby Maguire was actually feeling any sort of emotion (he actually looks happy when watching MJ and the play) and Kirsten Dunst can actually act now, which was very nice considering how much screen time she gets. But I say it’s kind of worse because JJ had way less screen time, and the quality of acting in these movies is directly proportional to the amount of JJ we get, and we don’t get much JJ. Other than the acting though, the plot… not good at all. I’m sure this has been talked to death but the three villains just yeah… no. 

@Armagon was right though, this movie was hilarious. I actually had to hold back laughter at one of the lines talking about Peter in a scene with emo Peter, in combination with the delivery being flat and the acting being nonexistent. Emo Peter was funny in a bad way though, while the dancing scene everyone knows was quite funny, I think the jazz club scene deserves a bit more recognition (does it get any? I guess I don’t really know). 

If I had to rank the movies Spider-Man 2 is my favorite, then Spider-Man 1, then the Raimi cut of Spider-Man 1, doubling the length with 5 new villains and 70 more women chasing after Peter. After that is Maguire’s audition tape, and then a fan fiction movie a middle schooler made of himself as Spider-Man having to team up with the Dark Spider, his edgy alter ego who uses guns, and lastly, Spider-Man 3.

1 was boring and 3 was bad. 2 was okayish and wasn’t nearly as boring or bad, but still not good enough for me to really be able to recommend. Sorry if I’m dissing anyone’s childhood.

Edited by Teeheeooks

6 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Kirsten Dunst can actually act now, which was very nice considering how much screen time she gets

A shame Mary Jane is a bitch in this movie. Remember when in Spider-Man 2, she was like "i'll support you as Spider-Man" and then in 3, she gets mad at Peter for being Spider-Man?

Then again, everyone's an asshole for no reason in Spider-Man 3 lmao.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Then again, everyone's an asshole for no reason in Spider-Man 3 lmao.

Oh yeah, that’s true, I forgot to mention that.

Forced myself back into IX after complaining earlier. I used the Wiki to find all of Quina's Blue Magics and collect those constellation coins, which is about as much as I want to do on the optional stuff.

I didn't figure out the gimmick of Ipsen's Castle, though I noticed all the weird treasures, I relied on Vivi's magic to get through it instead. And the Zidane & Quina alone fight was awful, Quina died early and I barely won with Zidane alone popping a few Elixirs and going into Trance (Grand Lethal is delicious overkill). This game needed X-Potions, and for White Wind to not be so badly nerfed, and Quina should be a weirder mage with very high HP counteracting any low defenses.

I proceeded through the Shimmering Island. Revelatory plot dump be dumpy, but I liked it overall. Slightly more polish could've been used, but Darth FF1 Reference ain't bad. Zidane got smacked with the not-uncommon "main protagonist acts hopelessly out of character late in the game, needs friends to remind them who they are" trope. I wonder when it came into existence, but in Zidane's case, it's justifiable by what happened right beforehand.

I stopped after that scene, I need to grind for more money to buy one of everything in the shop, which I can tell is going to be temporary. I read this the very end of Disc 3, and that *sigh* Disc 4 is solely the final dungeon again. Oh well. I should be able to finish the game tomorrow then, but I'd be more inclined to say it'd be in two days, given my tendency to delay.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forced myself back into IX after complaining earlier.

Complaining? Was it another “doldrum”?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have never played a final fantasy game before, but I feel old knowing that FF10 turns 20 in thirteen days.

*Wraith silently laughs to himself while drinking in a corner of the room*

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:

Complaining? Was it another “doldrum”?

Those always press down on my fun. Contemplating the very very very real possible expiration date on American democracy being November 2024 and what will happen afterwards does that to you. Or contemplating your own mortality and existence, depends on how the dice are thrown for the day.

But in this case, as I said before, it was also a totally unrelated matter being that with most games I play, finishing becomes a chore, particularly for long games. I've called it a sense of burnout, but whatever it is, and whenever it happens, the exact point varies, I have to force myself to finish a game. And in this case, it isn't like FFIX is very long by JRPG standards, I've logged like 33 hours at what I think is the penultimate dungeon and I'll definitely be able to get it done in 40, ignoring some optional stuff.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have never played a final fantasy game before, but I feel old knowing that FF10 turns 20 in thirteen days.

And I feel old hearing someone notably younger than I complain they feel old. I'm from the 1990s do you realize how strange it feels to have been born at the end of a century when we're two decades through the next? Which is why I will convert humanity to a binary or hexadecimal calendrical system instead, age is but a number, and numeric systems can be altered. 

Since you brought up FFX, this came to my ears again.:

...My feelings are so mixed about this track. And I hate you Seymour; no, no, no, you can't live simply because you refuse to acknowledge that I've killed you three times. Thats not how things work!

Screenshot_3268.png?width=763&height=432

maxresdefault.png?width=768&height=432

So apparently Atelier Sophie takes place in Central Florida where the only thing that survived from that time is the upside down house.

Well, if this really is Central Florida, then the fucking I-4 Eyesore building has to be an area here too then.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So apparently Atelier Sophie takes place in Central Florida where the only thing that survived from that time is the upside down house.

Well, if this really is Central Florida, then the fucking I-4 Eyesore building has to be an area here too then.

Judging from this map:

fl-sinkhole-map-580x790.jpg

Shouldn't there be sinkholes too? Lots of them?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Judging from this map:

fl-sinkhole-map-580x790.jpg

Shouldn't there be sinkholes too? Lots of them?

Florida spent a few thousand years underwater and that filled up all the empty reservoirs and existing sinkholes.