• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Ravens were right all along

I asked a question out of old habit, forgetting that those sometimes result in me having picked an actual choice. This was all preventable.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I asked a question out of old habit, forgetting that those sometimes result in me having picked an actual choice. This was all preventable.

Ah, well, don't beat yourself up over it. Nobody has died as a result, at least.

Spoiler

I walked through a stony path but it was actually a graveyard and now a bunch of our group are attacking me. I’m not good at this game.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, well, don't beat yourself up over it. Nobody has died as a result, at least.

I lost 24 clansmen. I need food.

Just now, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I walked through a stony path but it was actually a graveyard and now a bunch of our group are attacking me. I’m not good at this game.

Spoiler

Following Ludin's lead can be a good idea if you've Eirik in your team.

You don't have Eirik, so it's not a good idea.

Atelier Sophie is honestly pretty underwhelming (review)

I've often seen other Atelier fans claim that Atelier Sophie was the worst game in the series. So when Gust announced DX versions of the Mysterious trilogy, i decided to see for myself. Turns out, it's not the worst game in the series but at the the same time, it's understandable why many feel that way. Truth is, Atelier Sophie is probably the most underwhelmed i've felt with this series.

While the game isn't actually horrible, compared to the game that came both before and after it, Atelier Sophie just seems to lack a presence. The alchemy system tries doing something new as always but this time it didn't quite end up feeling as satisfying. Battles were irrelevant. The worst offender though are the characters, as most of them just feel completely shallow and unlike other Atelier games with a similar issue, there were no characters from the previous title to back them up (unless you count Logy but even this version of him pales in comparison to the Dusk incarnation). Heck, this game had an actual villain, which is extremely rare for this series, but he left as quickly as he came so eh. I also felt that Gust kinda dropped the ball on the soundtrack of this game too though thankfully, that issue was reminded by the Change BGM option, which lets you set music from a bunch of the other games.

As for the things i did like, Sophie's character is actually decent all things considered and i liked her relationship with Plachta. Honestly though, that's about the extent of what i actually liked in this game.

It's not the worst Atelier game, that title still goes to Atelier Totori by a significant margin. But this is definitely one of the lowest points in the series. If it was my first Atelier game, perhaps i could enjoy it more, though i don't know by how much. As of this review, i have not checked out the DX-exclusive post-game episode. I probably will just to wrap things up but i doubt anything there will change my mind.

5/10

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Following Ludin's lead can be a good idea if you've Eirik in your team.

You don't have Eirik, so it's not a good idea.

Ludin had nothing to do with this.

…oh, oh my god, so many people died, I am not good at this game

Just now, Sooks said:

Ludin had nothing to do with this.

No? I seem to remember that he was the one who found the stony path.

Then again, in my latest run I was using a community-made fix pack (approved by the devs) that claimed to "restore some unused text." Perhaps that was some of it. I can't remember what the exact text was in my first run.

Just now, Sooks said:

…oh, oh my god, so many people died, I am not good at this game

Could've been worse. It can always be worse.

No? I seem to remember that he was the one who found the stony path.

Then again, in my latest run I was using a community-made fix pack (approved by the devs) that claimed to "restore some unused text." Perhaps that was some of it. I can't remember what the exact text was in my first run.

In my game it was just an unnamed caravan member.

Could've been worse. It can always be worse.

Well, I’m pretty sure that 

Spoiler

picking the “have Trygvi parley” option would have gotten him killed, so I guess.

Just now, Sooks said:

In my game it was just an unnamed caravan member.

Yeah, I just checked a LP and it also has an unnamed caravan member. I suppose my theory was correct, then.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well, I’m pretty sure that 

Reveal hidden contents

picking the “have Trygvi parley” option would have gotten him killed, so I guess.

Spoiler

It could've yeah.

'Morning! What did I miss?

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

IMG_20210219_150055.jpg?width=476&height

This is a lie, I didn't get the controller back in 2011, only the soundtrack and game, what a ripoff.

Spoiler

I let Hogun be with his family instead of fighting because he was just sitting on the bench anyway.

…wait, he turned into a clansmen, I’m going to worry about this every time I lose clansmen now—

Just now, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I let Hogun be with his family instead of fighting because he was just sitting on the bench anyway.

…wait, he turned into a clansmen, I’m going to worry about this every time I lose clansmen now—

I couldn't bring myself not to let him go in either of my runs.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I couldn't bring myself not to let him go in either of my runs.

But when clansmen die…

….

Y’know, I have 1 day worth of supplies.

Edit: I just bought 9 days worth of supplies. No one died. I bought it from 

Spoiler

the merchants in the town with the “horsemen” or whatever the game calls them. I had Oddleif and Rook approach despite fearing for Oddleif’s life and then I had the rest of the caravan step back, which resulted in Eyvind helping the injured horseman and no one dying so… I think that’s a win? We’ll see.

Edit 2: Hey 3 horseborn just joined! I might use one. 2 of them basically have canto. I think I’ll use Scatbach.

Edit 3: I let Ubin leave because he wanted to. This is becoming a pattern. And now Riggs says I haven’t gotten as many people killed as he expected, meaning he apparently expected a full on massacre of the caravan.

Edited by Sooks

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

IMG_20210219_150055.jpg?width=476&height

Fun fact: I owned two of the SS special edition box. I sold one though. 

It's too bad it's expensive for just those small things.

I have to say though, I didn't like that Skyward Sword controller.

It's notably heavier then the regular remotes. And in my case, it quickly caused me wrist pain.

Of course if I don't have to do anything motion control related, it's fine. But I mean, a motion control update was the entire point of the Remote Plus controller.

Edited by BrightBow

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Fun fact: I owned two of the SS special edition box. I sold one though. 

It's too bad it's expensive for just those small things.

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself for selling my bundle years ago. >_>

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I have to say though, I didn't like that Skyward Sword controller.

It's notably heavier then the regular remotes. And in my case, it quickly caused me wrist pain.

Of course if I don't have to do anything motion control related, it's fine. But I mean, a motion control update was the entire point of the Remote Plus controller.

Is it noticeably heavier than other Wii Motion Plus controllers?

Asking out of curiosity, my experience is with other ones.

Bloody hell there were a lot of people out and about today. Maskless and all.

Covid numbers are going to soar after this bank holiday weekend aren't they?

3 minutes ago, Teeheeyni said:

Is it noticeably heavier than other Wii Motion Plus controllers?

I don't know. It's the only Wii Motion Plus controller I got.

It still looks really lovey, btw. Hasn't lost any of it's color in those past 10 years. I'm sure it's a great controller if one's wrist is a little less sensitive.

Edited by BrightBow

21 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know. It's the only Wii Motion Plus controller I got.

It still looks really lovey, btw. Hasn't lost any of it's color in those past 10 years. I'm sure it's a great controller if one's wrist is a little less sensitive.

My experience with the Wii Motion Plus controller is admittedly limited (I played Twilight Princess with the original controller back in the day, so I mostly know that.).

I'd say the longest frame of reference was the niece trying Skyward Sword for a few hours and she raised no complaints, but that's again not the best frame of reference. Otherwise it's been GC controllers and trying one or two other titles for an hour maybe.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

The Emperor? No, I think it was you heroically venturing forth into Iceland and into teehee’s den there that freed me from teehee‘s grasp.

Is was by the Emperor’s grace I was able to survive that harrowing ordeal.

Edited by WraithReborn