• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I GET LUDIN BACK!

His “character arc” came to a fantastic close, didn’t it?

Spoiler

Wait, hold on, what? Did you proceed from the Rugga route after all? I thought you'd redone all the battles siding with the king...

Also, yeah. Ludin's beard development best development. Unironically one of the things that made him my favorite. Helps that the beard ends up looking absolutely glorious.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What? That's not true at all. Is anyone else seeing this?

...Are you messing with me, Wraith?

No, the page your link sends me to days that the website is unprotected and possibly trying to harvest my data.

Edited by WraithReborn

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Wait, hold on, what? Did you proceed from the Rugga route after all? I thought you'd redone all the battles siding with the king...

I sided with the king, yeah.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

No, the page your link sends me to days that the website is unprotected and possibly trying to harvest my data.

Well, it is trying to harvest your soul, that much is true.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

😰

I take it Perfectio is that powerful?

When I was reading the comments on a video for the Moon Dwellers version of Haken's theme, someone wanted the rest of the EF OCs to come to OG proper. And someone else commented that there were like two Cross Gates left where that could happen, and one of them is being used to seal Perfectio, so they thought opening that one again would be an absolute no. Having to seal a final boss instead of destroying it in itself is saying something when you have like 60 elite mecha on hand.

Yes. The Ruina are basically energy-based extradimensional beings that feed on emotional despair. In SRW D proper (and in OGverse continuity I'd assume), the gate to their dimension is in Antarctica. When a group of scientists are researching the ruins that house the gate, they accidentally activated it (or so, I forgot how exactly that went down), thus letting the Ruina come over. Being energy beings, they took over the bodies of the researchers (Perfectio is in Joshua's father's body, for example) in order to physically interact with things on Earth.

In order to turn Earth into their breeding grounds, they... well, don't know if it happens in the OGverse, but in SRW D they do it by sealing the Earth away. No one can leave or enter the planet. From within the sky looks wonky, starless, moonless too, sunless as well if I recall but the light and heat still comes in. From outside the Earth looks like its gone, but the Moon and the Space Colonies are still orbiting around the seemingly empty space, so nothing gets thrown of whack (since the Earth is technically still there). Ironically, this actually had a good outcome: Earth disappears just as Char Aznable was pulling his "Throw Axis at Earth" stunt with the aid of White Fang, and thanks to OZ pulling their coup against the Earth Federation, there was no Londo Bell to stop him (he even had Bright and Amuro as his prisoners when they still tried to stop him anyway but failed). So the asteroid, instead of crashing into the Earth... just harmlessly passes through the now empty space. It's interesting, really, since SRW D was the first time it had Neo Zeon Char as an actual heroic good guy. When his schemes to force humanity into space look meager in comparison to much larger threats looming around, he comes to terms that he is one of the few that can still give humanity a fighting chance.

Back to Perfectio, when the battle against him comes, yes, it is because he is ultimately an energy being that he can't be destroyed for good. So he revives and you must fight him a second time. After that, the gameplay is over. He comes back a third time. The heroes realize they can only truly stop him by pushing him back through the gate... and destroy the gate. Now, I don't remember the full details of this as to why it happened that way, but this was done with Trieze Kushrenada from Gundam Wing pulling a heroic sacrifice. Blowing up his mech to take down Perfectio and the Gate with him. The implication is that the explosion pushed Perfectio through the gate as it was being destroyed.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Are you messing with me, Wraith?

I’m on the mobile version of the forums so that’s probably why the link doesn’t work.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I think your anti-virus might be triggering false positives, because I don't see that, and I'm pretty sure the others in the thread would've said something if I really was trying to harvest their data out of the blue.

Or you've seen it and now you're in denial. I think that's more likely.

I sided with the king, yeah.

...Oohhh wait, that's right, Ludin just vanishes for no reason in the final battle of tbs2.

Maybe he just wanted to see his dad getting beat up

Just now, WraithReborn said:

I’m on the mobile version of the forums so that’s probably why the link doesn’t work.

That might be it, yeah. Remember to look at the link (or my previous post) when you next get to a computer.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wraith drawning in denial i see

If that was true the conversation on this thread would be drowned out in the earth cracking cacophony of an Exterminatus.

Edited by WraithReborn

I like how Banner Saga 2 and 3 give characters free points and levels. Tryggvi has been sitting on the bench since the first game, for example, but I just maxed out all of his stats.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That might be it, yeah. Remember to look at the link (or my previous post) when you next get to a computer.

Yeah, I’ll give that one a hard pass. I don’t want to call down an Exterminatus to cleanse this entire forum of heretics.

Edited by WraithReborn

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like how Banner Saga 2 and 3 give characters free points and levels. Tryggvi has been sitting on the bench since the first game, for example, but I just maxed out all of his stats.

It's quite handy, it ensures that you'll have options even if your mainstays die / get injured.

Just now, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio when items add plus 3 to all talents, does that mean the character who holds it effectively has every talent maxed out at once?

It means they might even break the cap. A character with a talent at 3 (which would normally be the max) will have it at 6 with the item. The effects of the increased rank are displayed in the talent screen.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Yeah, I’ll give that one a hard pass. I don’t want to call down an Exterminatus to cleanse this entire forum of heretics.

C'moooooooooooon you know you want to. It's really nothing harmless, I just took your Emperor and improved him.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

C'moooooooooooon you know you want to. It's really nothing harmless, I just took your Emperor and improved him.

Heresy is heresy, Heretic Rubenio, so my mind is made up.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

This heresy shall not be forgiven! Have at you! 🗡️

There you go Twilt! I knew I didn’t risk my sanity and soul in Iceland for nothing!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It means they might even break the cap. A character with a talent at 3 (which would normally be the max) will have it at 6 with the item. The effects of the increased rank are displayed in the talent screen.

I was just making sure I understood that right, because it seems very very very broken. Very.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Heresy is heresy, Heretic Rubenio, so my mind is made up.

Coward. You're just a chicken, cheep-cheep-cheep-cheeeeeeeep!

Just now, Sooks said:

I was just making sure I understood that right, because it seems very very very broken. Very.

TBS3 is where the developers let you go nuts. You'll see, it's hilarious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

@Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

So I just beat Rugga and now he’s being held at knife point, and one of the options is “tell your men to clear a path to the gates”… what gates?? The walls? Would that be like, taking him prisoner? I don’t know what this choice means.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben: *mocks people for liking anime* *mocks people for not viewing anime*

Well, it is what it is.

Just now, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

So I just beat Rugga and now he’s being held at knife point, and one of the options is “tell your men to clear a path to the gates”… what gates?? The walls? Would that be like, taking him prisoner? I don’t know what this choice means.

Spoiler

You're outside the walls, deep in Rugga's turf. Rugga is now your captive, but Rugga's forces are still between you and Arberrang. You have to get back to safety somehow.

Well, it is what it is.

Hide contents

You're outside the walls, deep in Rugga's turf. Rugga is now your captive, but Rugga's forces are still between you and Arberrang. You have to get back to safety somehow.

That last detail would have been nice to be told.

Hmm… I don’t know if I trust them to clear a path…

That last detail would have been nice to be told.

Spoiler

Ergh... I don't know, no offense, but I would've thought it's common sense that you can't just settle down and live in Rugga's burning tent lol

If you're referring to Rugga's forces being there, you never fought them. If you recall, Oddleif charged forward while their guard was down and made a beeline for Rugga's tent. The bulk of his army is obviously still out there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

Ergh... I don't know, no offense, but I would've thought it's common sense that you can't just settle down and live in Rugga's burning tent lol

Wait, what? I meant that there were still his forces in between us and Aberrang.

Ohhh, you counted “you have to get back to safety somehow” as a detail… pfft, ahaha, oops.