Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

I went with the choice anyway, ultimately.

And I see how the two paths are railroaded to the same place, yeah.

Spoiler

If you're with Rugga, you start outside the walls and have to fight the troops of Arberrang. Then when Meinolf makes his announcement, Rugga surrenders. This actually lines up, he'll explain his reasons later.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait, what? I meant that there were still his forces in between us and Aberrang.

Ohhh, you counted “you have to get back to safety somehow” as a detail… pfft, ahaha, oops.

We ninja'd each other. I edited the post but it was too late.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Coward. You're just a chicken, cheep-cheep-cheep-cheeeeeeeep!

*Wraith points at the Heretic Rubenio*
Yes Legion of the Damned, that’s the heretic who insulted our God-Emperor with his crude chicken scratchings. 

Edited by WraithReborn

Just now, WraithReborn said:

*Wraith points at Heretic Rubenio*
Yes Legion of the Damned, that’s the heretic who insulted our God-Emperor with his crude chicken scratchings.

Give me your best shot. I've got an army of children and healers with axes. You'll never get past me!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

If you're referring to Rugga's forces being there, you never fought them. If you recall, Oddleif charged forward while their guard was down and made a beeline for Rugga's tent. The bulk of his army is obviously still out there.

I mean, I just fought them (and won) in the first battle, as well as twice in the second game, and characters had brought up “all this fighting” multiple times, but we still start inside the wall with no Rugga forces there, so it stands to reason they’re not doing too well in the first place.

Edited by Sooks

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes. The Ruina are basically energy-based extradimensional beings that feed on emotional despair. In SRW D proper (and in OGverse continuity I'd assume), the gate to their dimension is in Antarctica. When a group of scientists are researching the ruins that house the gate, they accidentally activated it (or so, I forgot how exactly that went down), thus letting the Ruina come over. Being energy beings, they took over the bodies of the researchers (Perfectio is in Joshua's father's body, for example) in order to physically interact with things on Earth.

*Snip*

Back to Perfectio, when the battle against him comes, yes, it is because he is ultimately an energy being that he can't be destroyed for good. So he revives and you must fight him a second time. After that, the gameplay is over. He comes back a third time. The heroes realize they can only truly stop him by pushing him back through the gate... and destroy the gate. Now, I don't remember the full details of this as to why it happened that way, but this was done with Trieze Kushrenada from Gundam Wing pulling a heroic sacrifice. Blowing up his mech to take down Perfectio and the Gate with him. The implication is that the explosion pushed Perfectio through the gate as it was being destroyed.

Thank you. The intangible is indestructible, makes sense. Although as energy and mass are the same thing in different forms, you could permanently destroy it if you were able force it to downshift from pure energy to pure mass.

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In order to turn Earth into their breeding grounds, they... well, don't know if it happens in the OGverse, but in SRW D they do it by sealing the Earth away. No one can leave or enter the planet. From within the sky looks wonky, starless, moonless too, sunless as well if I recall but the light and heat still comes in. From outside the Earth looks like its gone, but the Moon and the Space Colonies are still orbiting around the seemingly empty space, so nothing gets thrown of whack (since the Earth is technically still there). Ironically, this actually had a good outcome: Earth disappears just as Char Aznable was pulling his "Throw Axis at Earth" stunt with the aid of White Fang, and thanks to OZ pulling their coup against the Earth Federation, there was no Londo Bell to stop him (he even had Bright and Amuro as his prisoners when they still tried to stop him anyway but failed). So the asteroid, instead of crashing into the Earth... just harmlessly passes through the now empty space. It's interesting, really, since SRW D was the first time it had Neo Zeon Char as an actual heroic good guy. When his schemes to force humanity into space look meager in comparison to much larger threats looming around, he comes to terms that he is one of the few that can still give humanity a fighting chance.

*Meteor comes towards Earth* *DoubleImage activates*

Interesting premise, and villainous motivation, and I mean this sincerely. Shame I'm not into anime.

I let some random people who wanted to join us do so, so I got 100 clansmen and 10 fighters.

THEY ALSO GAVE US 50 SUPPLIES!! Random clan is best clan.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I just fought them (and won) in the first battle, as well as twice in the second game, and characters had brought up “all this fighting” multiple times, but we still start inside the wall with no Rugga forces there, so it stands to reason they’re not doing too well in the first place.

Spoiler

They're not doing too well, but they're still around. Oddleif just took the chance to end everything by capturing the leader. The choice was just how to best use that to your advantage.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I let some random people who wanted to join us do so, so I got 100 clansmen and 10 fighters.

THEY ALSO GAVE US 50 SUPPLIES!! Random clan is best clan.

You're doing too well. Seriously, that's a thing.

Spoiler

Did Gudmundr already join you with the Raven clansmen?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Give me your best shot. I've got an army of children and healers with axes. You'll never get past me!

...It’ll be less a battle and more a wholesale slaughter of your troops Rubenio.

You're doing too well. Seriously, that's a thing.

Hide contents

Did Gudmundr already join you with the Raven clansmen?

Ah, no, spoilers kinda. And does buying 31 days worth of supplies from Aberrang with the renown I’ve hoarded for this purpose count as doing too well?

Funnily enough, that was after spending 40 renown on really good items.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"In the future humor will be randomly generated"

- Every single comment section on a meme video.

(I know it's a reference to something else, but people love to repeat it almost as much as that one Miyamoto quote whenever a game gets delayed)

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Agz0haS.jpg?1

Communism has invaded my bed.

A detachment of the American army is on its way to invade your home. Surrender quietly or be shot down.

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Nah, I will give him a good place.

My Kirby collection is pretty much complete for now.

That's certainly a cute plushie.

Just now, Sooks said:

Ah, no, spoilers kinda.

I had already mentioned it. Besides, it was stated in tbs2 that he was going to Arberrang with the clansmen lol

Just now, Sooks said:

And does buying 31 days worth of supplies from Aberrang with the renown I’ve hoarded for this purpose count as doing too well?

We'll see. There's still a lot of time till the thing that I'm waiting for.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

...It’ll be less a battle and more a wholesale slaughter of your troops Rubenio.

Yes, and then you'll wake up.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had already mentioned it. Besides, it was stated in tbs2 that he was going to Arberrang with the clansmen lol

That doesn’t mean they’re going to join the caravan.

Unless you’re asking if they’ve just shown up in general, in which case I misunderstood. I’m on a battle prep screen because some random drunks picked a fight and I couldn’t say no.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We'll see. There's still a lot of time till the thing that I'm waiting for.

The game punishes me for doing too well..?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

(I know it's a reference to something else, but people love to repeat it almost as much as that one Miyamoto quote whenever a game gets delayed)

What Miyamoto quote?

A detachment of the American army is on its way to invade your home. Surrender quietly or be shot down.

He should have stayed there because he'd make America great again for sure.

That's certainly a cute plushie.

Thanks, and yes, he is!

Here's my plush collection (without Marx):

brVfZlj.jpg

I could also share all my figures and my bedding, but I think I would go beyond the scope.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, and then you'll wake up.

You’re right Rubenio! I always have a good night’s sleep after slaughtering heretics in the Emperor’s name!

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That doesn’t mean they’re going to join the caravan.

Unless you’re asking if they’ve just shown up in general, in which case I misunderstood.

Yeah, that's it.

I’m on a battle prep screen because some random drunks picked a fight and I couldn’t say no.

Hahahahaha... Nice. Typical.

The game punishes me for doing too well..?

It doesn't punish you, quite the opposite. I just believe that the game's brand of punishment vastly improves the experience. But it's not easy to do so well that you completely screw yourself out of that, I don't think. We'll see when you get there. Don't let it bother you for now. I know, I'm the one making you worry in the first place, sorry sorry.

4 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Here's my plush collection (without Marx):

brVfZlj.jpg

I could also share all my figures and my bedding, but I think I would go beyond the scope.

Okay that's just wonderful.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

You’re right Rubenio! I always have a good night’s sleep after slaughtering heretics in the Emperor’s name!

Keep telling yourself that, my man.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What Miyamoto quote?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahaha... Nice. Typical.

The game said that if I killed them people starting the fight in blue, the crowd would disperse, and obviously I don’t want to kill random angry civilians who have had a bit too much to drink, so I killed only the guys and blue and the game noticed my pacifism! I got a PlayStation achievement and 20 renown for it!

It doesn't punish you, quite the opposite. I just believe that the game's brand of punishment vastly improves the experience. But it's not easy to do so well that you completely screw yourself out of that, I don't think. We'll see when you get there. Don't let it bother you for now. I know, I'm the one making you worry in the first place, sorry sorry.

I’m just going to play like you never said anything. Especially since the first part is confusing and I want it to stay that way.

Edited by Sooks

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you. The intangible is indestructible, makes sense. Although as energy and mass are the same thing in different forms, you could permanently destroy it if you were able force it to downshift from pure energy to pure mass.

*Meteor comes towards Earth* *DoubleImage activates*

Interesting premise, and villainous motivation, and I mean this sincerely. Shame I'm not into anime.

Oh, you know it wouldn't work like that in SRW. XD

I mean, when possessing the human bodies they did became pure mass. Still didn't stop Perfectio from coming back again and again.

Not quite villainous motivation. In fact, the first chapters of the game are centered on Char making the transition to an actual heroic good guy as it is. Even with OZ itself, who staged the coup against the Federation. The game starts more or less on a route split. Whether the chosen protagonist (be it Joshua or Cliana) manages to get out of Earth or get trapped inside. Both Earth and Space divisions of OZ fall into civil war after finding themselves cut-off from each other, and the heroes on each side end up helping the one side willing to make due. I mean, when you take over the government, and then things hit the fan... it's like, "welp, guess it's up to us to deal with the mess". So once the heroes on the Earth side destroy the thing the Ruina are using to seal the Earth, and both groups reunites, it becomes an OZ-NeoZeon alliance with the typical mecha heroes integrated into the mix.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

¿Alguien me llamó?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Spoiler

I just found out that Canary and company pillaged a nearby village, killing everyone and bringing us their stuff and that, as horseborn, they don’t understand the difference between that and the killing we do. I now get a choice to protect her and her herd, telling them they have to do exactly as I say, or leaving them for killing innocents. I can see the game punishing me for this but, while killing innocents is wrong, just leaving them there is not only leaving them to die, if more people are outraged at this, they don’t understand the difference, so if we don’t teach them, or at least try, it will probably happen again. No, thank you. They made an honest mistake, even if that mistake sucks a lot. I’m letting them stay.

Plus Canary is a good unit.

Edited by Sooks