Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

What is the chance of having another DLC for CK2? Orthodox still need a buff

None. CK2 itself is done too, that's why most people are shifting to mod CK3 now.

Oh please. They can Mend the Schism, but Catholics can't. What more do you want!?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhh... Well, I don't want to get into this debate, because it's personal experience at all, and I'm really not one of those guys who gets all passionate about his platform of choice, I really am not. That being said, I disagree big time.

>PC master race

>Gives up immediately

You are a disgrace to your kind.

…Just kidding of course, I also am not. Actually, I’m slightly inclined to agree with you, I just don’t really have room for a PC in my room and wouldn’t want to game anywhere else. That’s really it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually, I’m slightly inclined to agree with you, I just don’t really have room for a PC in my room and wouldn’t want to game anywhere else. That’s really it.

Also, it costs a lot of money I'd you want a really good one.

Honestly, I know the meme is "PC master race" but until the price of entery stops being super high for the good ones, it can't really be called the "master race" yet.

This is also why PC hasn't killed consoles.

>PC master race

>Gives up immediately

You are a disgrace to your kind.

Honestly, I've never gotten that. The games themselves are the important part, why do so many people lose their heads defending the piece of plastic and electronics underneath?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And I took that personally:

Fboc10w.png

Even the Byzantines are Catholic.

Ah yes, the three religions. Catholic, Buddhist and Siberian wastes.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, I know the meme is "PC master race" but until the price of entery stops being super high for the good ones, it can't really be called the "master race" yet.

Yeah, it's a good argument. I can afford one (or well, more like mommy and daddy can afford one because I'm not a productive member of society), and I use it for a ton more than just gaming, so for me it's a fair investment. But I get the console folks.

Admittedly, it wasn't all me. Once the Mongols went Catholic... well, they're the reason half of India is Catholic. And why late-game Crusades were all against the Buddhists of Northern India...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The problem is that currently the graphic card prices are sky high due to the whole crypto thing

A few years ago i got my current PC for a good price and it's been working well since.

I wanted to upgrade but the prices atm are oh my

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, price was probably the biggest issue until recently, and the only reason it fell slightly was because my parent got more money.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, I've never gotten that. The games themselves are the important part, why do so many people lose their heads defending the piece of plastic and electronics underneath?

No clue.

Yeah, it's a good argument. I can afford one (or well, more like mommy and daddy can afford one because I'm not a productive member of society), and I use it for a ton more than just gaming, so for me it's a fair investment. But I get the console folks.

If you cut out that parenthesis part, “I use it for a ton more than just gaming” makes you sound like a productive member of society.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

The problem is that currently the graphic card prices are sky high due to the whole crypto thing

A few years ago i got my current PC for a good price and it's been working well since.

I should probably clarify that I've never really cared to get the ultimate next gen gaming system, myself. Don't really need such a thing. I've never gone as high as 1500 bucks for a PC. I mean, yeah, that's still a lot, but... well, I'm not the kinda guy who goes "IF MY PC DOESN'T RUN REAL LIFE AT TEN TRILLION FPS I DON'T WANT IT!!!!11!"

If you cut out that parenthesis part, “I use it for a ton more than just gaming” makes you sound like a productive member of society.

I mean, I do work on it. Just, my "work" is an internship.

Looking back I regret not just getting a beefy laptop instead of my Macbook, since it would've been cheaper overall, as far as emulation and other things are concerned.

Although I don't regret getting a PS4. The exclusives for that are too good.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I should probably clarify that I've never really cared to get the ultimate next gen gaming system, myself. Don't really need such a thing. I've never gone as high as 1500 bucks for a PC. I mean, yeah, that's still a lot, but... well, I'm not the kinda guy who goes "IF MY PC DOESN'T RUN REAL LIFE AT TEN TRILLION FPS I DON'T WANT IT!!!!11!"

yeah same, but i am seeing that my PC is slowly getting to the point of ''I can't run this well anymore''. And when it comes to action games i actually want 60 FPS haha.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh yeah, cryptominers are the scum of the Earth. Fuck 'em.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah same, but i am seeing that my PC is slowly getting to the point of ''I can't run this well anymore''. And when it comes to action games i actually want 60 FPS haha.

I mean, yeah, 60 FPS, but I always find it laughable when people are like "hurr durr my game only runs at 100 FPS." Like, dude, could you even tell the difference if you didn't have a program that puts a number in a corner of the screen? Below 60 is where I start noticing the difference, but above? There's just nothing...

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’d want a powerful laptop because I like playing games from the comfort of my bed.

I got my laptop for I think like, 1200-1300€, and it's beefy enough to run pretty much every game I throw at it without issue.

The price is definitely rather steep, but it's not as bad as you'd imagine, and a good computer will last you a good few years, in my experience.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ould you even tell the difference if you didn't have a program that puts a number in a corner of the screen? Below 60 is where I start noticing the difference, but above?

yes

Although above 100 or so it gets samey for me as well

The price is definitely rather steep, but it's not as bad as you'd imagine, and a good computer will last you a good few years, in my experience.

my 450€ PC has been with me for like, 5-6 years now?

Although it's price was actually 800 and i got a sweet sweet deal

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I've been browsing the gaming laptops (full-fledged desktop PCs costing more) and I've settled on which to get, an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14. It appeared to be widely considered one of the best overall models of last year, and it costs a good $1349 USD for the exact configuration I'm aiming for. I'm waiting for a sale to shed another hundred or so. -This is "moderately priced" for a gaming laptop.

The Acer Nitro 5 and Dell G5 15 SE are both considered good "cheap" gaming laptops, but will still run you at least $800, $700 if you're lucky.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I wrote at the end of an email wherein I laid out my search data for a gaming laptop.:

"And do remember, I, a non-financially-contributing-yet-functioning-adult-human member of this household who is decades younger than you, do not remotely “need" a gaming laptop! You and XXX deserve your hard-earned incomes inestimably more than me, as do our dogs who have could never have any means of funding themselves."

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw i am seriously considering trying Riviera...

How long is that game?

Not quite sure exactly. But one Let's Play of the game I see consists 54 videos of between 10 and 40 minutes in length, with 20 minutes as roughly the mode; another is 33 videos of about 30 to 42 minutes each.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not quite sure exactly. But one Let's Play of the game I see consists 54 videos of between 10 and 40 minutes in length, with 20 minutes as roughly the mode; another is 33 videos of about 30 to 42 minutes each.

so 15-25 hours?

Doesn't sound that bad, if only to listen to that sweet sweet OST (main reason i am considering playing honestly as youtube has been bombarding me with OST lately and dear god is it good)

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yes

Although above 100 or so it gets samey for me as well

Yeah, that's what I said. 60 is the sweet point. There's a reason most games either cap or have the option to cap at 60 - it's the perfect spot where people can't really tell the difference. Those people who demand that their games run at like 300 FPS are just... I don't get it, honestly. Why? What's the point?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"And do remember, I, a non-financially-contributing-yet-functioning-adult-human member of this household who is decades younger than you, do not remotely “need" a gaming laptop! You and XXX deserve your hard-earned incomes inestimably more than me, as do our dogs who have could never have any means of funding themselves."

Hurts that this is so true.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

so 15-25 hours?

Sounds feasible to me, the game is linear, with little in the way of optional content, other than a bonus dungeon in the PSP version if you unlocked it, and no roaming- Ein moves from screen to screen. The only grinding you can do is mastering weapons for more stat ups, which won't take that long.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's what I said. 60 is the sweet point. There's a reason most games either cap or have the option to cap at 60 - it's the perfect spot where people can't really tell the difference. Those people who demand that their games run at like 300 FPS are just... I don't get it, honestly. Why? What's the point?

i said yes as in i actually notice the difference until a 100 or so xD

There's also the thing that some games it gives you a very light advantage, when you know your frames and stuff (or so i heard)

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I've been browsing the gaming laptops (full-fledged desktop PCs costing more) and I've settled on which to get, an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14. It appeared to be widely considered one of the best overall models of last year, and it costs a good $1349 USD for the exact configuration I'm aiming for. I'm waiting for a sale to shed another hundred or so. -This is "moderately priced" for a gaming laptop.

That one was one of the highlights of my search as well, although I’m still undecided because I haven’t been that thorough, yet.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i said yes as in i actually notice the difference until a 100 or so xD

Oh.

Who would've thought I'm not the most PC elitist person here.

There's also the thing that some games it gives you a very light advantage, when you know your frames and stuff (or so i heard)

Pah. Light advantages... Who needs that? I played TF2 for a good few years at like, 20 FPS on my dad's ancient computer that he still uses to this day.

Edited by Saint Rubenio